/SWG/ Star Wars General: Best Girl Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous: → #

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Legion AT-ST preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/

Express

Other urls found in this thread:

gimp.org
sillof.com/graffiti-wars
a.pomf.space/oqbymindoswl.webm
express.co.uk/entertainment/films/903568/Star-Wars-Han-Solo-movie-trailer-release-MONDAY-12-Good-Morning-America-GMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't she like, 12

14 at the start of the war, 17 when she leaves, and anakin is 19 and 22.

I'm so sick of this stock response, especially since it shows an inherent lack of knowlege about what make Star Wars, well, Star Wars.
But it also doesn't matter. Ackbar's total disregard is merely the ultimate symbolism of Disney's telling the "old guard" of fans that they are not wanted, not needed, and cast aside.
I feel essentially tossed into the trash. They've abandoned me, I'll abandon them. I'm done giving them a dime.

Now you know how OT fans felt about the Prequels!

And yet every time, they come crawling back.

It wouldn't be uspetting if you weren't so right.
We're like battered wives.

I am a OT fan. I paid to see the PT in theaters when they came out. I think it had flaws. But it wasn't that bad.

I can't say the same for the ST. It's a fucking train wreck and makes the PT look good. I didn't even go see TLJ and only downloaded TLJ cam version.

I want a story with the two of them sandwiching padme honestly

It's a shame you have shit taste user.

Now, I'm not saying that I can hook you up.
But believe me, I'm sure google probably can. Rule 34 and all that.

How would you reimagine Star Wars, anons?

I looked, and sadly that ain't so

MMX

I'm a fan of the Shakespear version.

I am an OT fan who was already a teenager when the prequels came out. They're abortions of cinema, but they never felt like they were actively trying to drive me away. But still I've continued to crawl back. Like said. We're like battered wives. Thank Christmas Han Solo looks like such a goddamn stillbirth no one will question me not wanting to see it.
But then, of course, I just found out my second favorite EU character's getting an official lego minifig and I need to find the strength not to give them my cash.

You're going to keep watching films
You're going to keep playing games
You're going to keep getting the minis
And by god, you're going to keep running campaigns

You can't stop, you won't stop, and truly, you don't want to stop

I like where this is going. Explain further.

Honestly I haven't put thought into it beyond the fact that I am playing some MMX-flavored tabletop right now.

I'd get John Woo to remake the prequels

>How would you reimagine Star Wars, anons?

Hand the property over to Games Workshop and see what they can do with it.

Here's hoping my first use of this windows 10 paint thing isn't bad...

Is this a good ship for a crew of Star Wars flavored team of Shadowrunners?

You tried

If you've ever looked into a toilet, it'd be a lot like that.

Now I know that white space IS part of the file. Weird pasting the image drops it dead center. I miss old paint.

Which game?

The Force is swarms of bees.

Just drop the property into Guillermo DelToro and Peter Jackson's arms. Maybe invite Neill Blomkamp over with the guys doing his youtube short films.

Can Paint in 10 handle layers?

>Peter Jackson
you're willing to trust him after the hobbit?

>Guillermo DelToro
All of my yes.
>Peter Jackson
After Hobbit? All of my NO.
>Neill Blomkamp
Eh, he's pretty limited, but he'd be great for a movie about the Star Wars underground and really getting across the gritty, disgusting dirtiness of it.

If I remember correctly, the Hobbit problems were mostly due to the studio, right?

Expand it so while the jedi/sith are the main groups of force users others with their own philosophies / religions exist.

That is the case in the EU; if you were going to incorporate that into the movies, how would you do it?

At first. MGM had held the rights to a Hobbit movie since the 60s and weren't going to let their constant financial instability stop them from getting a Peter Jackson-sized paycked out of it.
So when Jackson et al started their work, they hired Del Toro to direct and started all the preproduction fun. But MGM ran out of money and shut them down. Then a few months later called them and said they could start working again, and so preproduction resumed. Only for a few months later for MGM to call them and tell them to stop what they were doing, MGM was out of cash. Again.
This went off and on for a couple years before Del Toro just had enough of it. He had to hold off from any other project he wanted to do to keep himself free to work on Hobbit as soon as he got the greenlight. But he couldn't wait forever for MGM to get their shit together and so he had to walk off the project.
So everyone turned to Jackson as the only logical choice to direct the Hobbit movies(there were only 2 planned at this point). Jackson just really, really, really did not want to go through the stress of directing a huge epic film again.
Once Jackson took the helm, he scrapped everything they had done so far. In his words, it looked like a great Guillermo Del Toro film, he needed to make a Peter Jackson film.
And so work resumed with Jackson molding the movie into his own vision, only he envisioned a lot fewer location shoots and a lot more comfortable studio shoots and digital cameras and more CGI.
Watching the behind the scenes featurettes, he really looks totally apathetic every time he gives direction on set.
And that really came across in the movies, too. They just look like someone did not give a fuck about what they were making.

pretty much. He did his job but they kept wanting to change, add, and remove stuff.

Well now you got me thinking, and now I can't stop thinking, so enjoy some nonsense that is technically your fault:

Think of the Reploids as "new" Jedi, and Sigma as a new Dark Side wielder that learned of an ancient and terrible secret and has begun turning some of these Jedi over to the Dark Side. Sigma slowly becomes a darker, more powerful figure, a being akin to Vitiate, but each time he comes back he's slowly losing his mind and any semblance of sanity left deteriorates until he's become a mindless, almost Eldritch being.

Certain skilled fighters are set to root out the beings Sigma has corrupted, Jedi gone "Maverick" so to speak, and these are your "Maverick Hunters." They don't technically need to be Force-Sensitive/Reploids, but they do need to be able to go toe-to-toe with the "Mavericks" in some capacity.

And in the background of all this, you have the leader of the new Jedi, the reformer, Luke/X. Wanting to prevent further violence, but doing what he can to stop the spread of this corrupting influence. I guess you can have Kyle as the "Zero" of all this or something, though if you want new canon, Ezra might fit if you squint. (You should just use Kyle though, Kyle's cool.)

Nope. But thanks for the template, anyway. It still helped.

You can get old paint, but you're really better off just using gimp.

Is it free?

Yes. gimp.org

GIMP is free, yes.
Not as good as Photoshop, which is free if you know how.
But still miles better than Paint.

It is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural.

A movie based around the same events from different perspectives. Lets say an invasion of a planet by whoever.
A movie about mandelorian mercs and their codes of honor and philosophy as they serve the highest bidder but their own above all.
A movie about the invaders and their justification for the attack aswell as the massive logistical scale of it all. Basically a more normal war movie, expect sad squad mate deaths and the like.
And a movie based around the people on the planet, how they are reacting to the attack. Have some side with the attackers others go full resistance. Have the main guy caught in-between.
Finally a movie involving the force side of things. Talks about how this affects the universe as a whole and ect. Have the protagonist be a jedi on neither side, there only to help people evacuate a warzone and dealing with people cursing him and his order for not stopping the invaders and show the temptation he feels about it all.

basically embrace the scale, philosophical aspects, and fun of star wars.

How would you run the Spaceballs as a post-Endor warlord faction?

Like the first order.

That last one reminds me a little of events alluded to in KotOR regarding the Mandalorian wars but never addressed head on.
It's made me think: Is there a story in EU or canon about a Jedi conscientious objector to the Clone Wars? Someone who just refused to fight because war wasn't the Jedi's place or something like that? Or someone with the same kind of conflict about it not being the Jedi way but who goes to war regardless?

Already sounds better than what we've been getting recently.

Though if we're going with the "Reploids = Force Users" thing, this mean the Vile equivalent is some flavor of Sith Mando? Right hand man to Darth Sigma?

Like this.

I think it was hinted in the first prequel but thrown to the side when the found maul. Actually I could see jedi siding with the separatists, i mean yeah they were basically space jews at the top but many joined them out of actual complains and disdain for the republic. They wanted their freedom back.
From what I could tell the seperatists were more of a confederacy while the rebublic was more centralized. Let its members have alot of autonomy of course, got dimoceracy and monarch side by side as members after all, But they still took taxes, dealt with alot of trade, and basically had military control of its members. Tons of reasons to want to leave it.

There was a guy who became popular a few years back for making some steampunk Star Wars figures. Turns out he also made some greaser Star Wars figs, too.
sillof.com/graffiti-wars

And just because I happened to have it handy,
a.pomf.space/oqbymindoswl.webm

you make it sound like we have seen much anything of the SOLO movie. We really haven't. We just have heard that it has a troubled production.

yes.

I want Neill Blomkamp tackling a movie about the lower levels of coruscant or Nar Shaddaa

Besides the obvious answer.

Besides, he FO already exists as a faction in the campaign I'm running.

>you make it sound like we have seen much anything of the SOLO movie. We really haven't. We just have heard that it has a troubled production.
We're two or three months away from it's release and they haven't dropped even a teaser trailer. That screams a lack of faith.

>We're two or three months away from it's release

Isn't it due in May?

May 25th. I thought it would be another holiday release, and so wasn't panicking at the lack of trailer.
But he's right, the lack of any promotional material is rather unsettling at this point.

I mean, it SHOULD have gotten a trailer before TLJ. That would have been the logical thing to do.

a quick google search says the trailer will be out this monday.

express.co.uk/entertainment/films/903568/Star-Wars-Han-Solo-movie-trailer-release-MONDAY-12-Good-Morning-America-GMA

Well, I look forward to being bitter and disappointed in the trailer as the rest of you.

>Ezra might fit if you squint.
Honestly given what we've seen of Ezra, him as the "Zero" would make way too much sense for this.
>Little older than Luke
>Massive Dark Side potential but sticks to the Light
>Technically more experienced and brutal than Luke
>Is the kind of weenie who'd shout "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOR" in that voice that you just read that in
>Might mistake him for a girl
>Lightsabers WITH blasters nigga! Shoot a nigga, then stab the nigga!

I was hoping the side story Star Wars movies would do something new and unique but Rogue One was forgettable, and I have no interest in a han solo movie.
Han Solo's origin matters even fucking less than "how did they get the death star plans?"

I still like Star Wars even when it's bad (and it's like 90% bad usually).

counterpoint: Kyle's cool

The part I'm going to be looking at is the Falcon's sensor dish. I'm willing to bet anything that the makers of Solo care so fucking little that they're gonna leave the rectangular replacement dish the Falcon had in the sequels on for the Han movie. I will be genuinely surprised if it doesn't turn out this way.

Yeah. Too cool to be the Zero.

Those trips don't lie.

EotE but I just found this ship which might be better.

>he doesn't know

what?

>They're abortions of cinema
Please. ANH is even more emotionally distant than TPM.
Leia's planet dying before her eyes should be a heart wrenching scene, but it's not.
You niggers really need to look at ANH and RotJ (and even elements of ESB) as hypercritically as you look at the PT.

What, is it planned to be so far back in Han's history we won't even see the Falcon at the end of it or somethin'?

I love the OT and think it's better than the PT but you are absolutely right. Alderaan blowing up should have had a bigger effect on Leia same for Luke losing his Uncle and Aunt.

Anything that can haul the party and enough gear to get them in and out quick will do the job then. EotE is great for doing Shadowrun-style campaigns in the Star Wars setting.

oh we'll see... some kind of space ship

>Leia's planet dying before her eyes should be a heart wrenching scene, but it's not.

Only because it's so goddamn shocking the first time you see it, really (or at least, it was back then). The "holy SHIT" effect hits harder.

NO, THAT'S NOT TRUE THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
I hurt, anons

>judging the OT this hard this many decades later -

Aside from filling in the hole, looks like the Falcon.

the "prongs" are also way fucking longer

I think my biggest problem with the ST so far is that I don't want to interact with anything from the setting so far. Except maybe those crystal fox things, those were cool. There haven't been any other locations, vehicles, weapons, factions, creatures or pieces of technology that I've wanted to feature in a campaign yet. Basically any time I think about setting something during the time of the ST, it just turns into avoiding everything from the movies and focusing on my own donut steel shit.

Beforehand, I couldn't wait to throw players into a planet from the prequels or have them fight in the clone wars or the GCW or something, fighting classic Imperials or even doing Old Republic stuff. but so far Disney just hasn't made much that I've wanted to include in a game.

That's actually not as bad as just leaving the ship the same as it was in the ST, in my opinion. Though somebody had better explain how it got from that to the shape we all know at some point.

So it's the millenium falcon before they modify it to hell and back?

longer nose, dish is a flat circle on facing up, single gun instead of quad-gun.

inb4 they make a 3rd falcon model for x-wing.

So.........why'd they take the middle bit out?

Seriously they better fucking explain this.

Endless loss

It's pretty much guaranteed with how shits been going lately

Are they? The Lego style is throwing me off.

Ah, that's a better shot. Looks like they're going to lose most of the "nose" then.

>same for Luke losing his Uncle and Aunt.
This scene actually grew on me as far as Luke's head lowering dramically.
Lucas botched the potential emotion of the Alderaan Leia reaction though.

Yeah but all subsequent times you notice how underdeveloped the drama surrounding the actual blowing up is.

Is it possible that what we're seeing in the Solo model is just the forward mandibles collapsed and extended somehow?

So can I use this line for TPM next year?
Is two decades enough?