Are we getting squatted boys?

Are we getting squatted boys?

If slaanesh dies Eldar win don't they?

No. If you kill your enemies, they win.

No

Currently signs point to no. We finally got a start collecting box for demons...and maybe next year we will get a new greater demon kit.

Word on the street is that Fullgrim is coming back, and Codex Emperor's Children will be a thing.

The problem with Slaanesh is that GW has never known what to do with it because the themes are so broad. They can't even nail down an ascetic that pleases their fan base.

IF they bothered to think about these things we wouldn't be in the problem that we are in right now.

How would you design them?

the problem is just that the themes of slaanesh aren't something you can put into a kid marketed to 13 year olds

is there any new mention of ((us)) in the new (dark)eldar or ynnari fluff?

First let's look at clothing options for Daemonetts. I'm thinking belly dance costume like clothing. So pant legs with long slits along the leg exposing a lot of leg, but clothing like this allows you to have an approachable level of sexy. The current claw design with the small thumb and long blade like claw is perfect let's keep that. Add some bells around the ankles.

The Aluress would be differenticianted by either a longer tail, more bells or a tiara on her head.

By using this method daemonetts become something you can easily sell to 13 year olds and become something people will want to buy meaning more models sold.

The problem is people forget that Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll are not the only themes of Slaanesh. The Emperor's children did not fall to Slaanesh for these things. They fell for the promise of perfection of skill, for the seeking of beauty in all that they did. These are also elements of Slaanesh. Ones that are easily marketable.

The other elements, are the things that hold you in once your there.

This is actually a really fantastic idea. I never thought of daemonettes from this angle but that's got a thumbs-up from me.

Thank you. Now if only someone at GW's figure design group could see this.

That woman doesn't have enough body fat to be a belly dancer. Seriously.

The thing that always bothers me is that androgyny and hermaphroditism are core parts of the Slaanesh theming. I mean the Slaanesh symbol is just a stylized mashup of the two gender symbols. But all anyone ever does is make shit that's obviously just female.

Whatever GW does with the Slaanesh update I hope everything is appropriately androgynous.

OUT TRANNY

OUT OUT OUT

Seems that way.

Every other daemon god got some pretty significant unit changes from the index.

Slaanesh had 3 changes IIRC. 2 weapons were increased to D2, and one unit got a -1 to hit ability. Woooooow. It's fucking nothing,

Every other daemon god got new unique statblocks for their heralds with fancy names.
Slaanesh did not. Instead, its heralds are the same in name and stats as the index.

GW has clearly told their employees to spend the minimum amount of time on slaanesh, because they don't view it as a good investment in any way.

Yes. Yes you are.

Well unless they will be able to greatly increase their numbers, I don't think so

Embrace history friend.

It makes sense if you look at the original aesthetic theme of Slaanesh being classical beauty taken to its extremes. Portraying "beautiful" men as being feminine goes back a long way and in some cultures bordered on transvestism.

If the sculptors of antiquity had worked flesh instead of stone their idea of perfection would have probably been close to what we see in 40k - technically male, hermaphroditic, probably multiple pairs of breasts once they got bored.

you can market Slaanesh to 13 year old boys very easily actually. Just write "CONTAINS TITTIES" on every box.

>the problem is just that the themes of slaanesh aren't something you can put into a kid marketed to 13 year olds

Its more than that. "Dude tiddies lol" isn't what Slaneesh is about. Slaneesh isn't the chaos god of Lust.

Slaneesh is the god of excess. The problem there is that 'excess' isn't a THING like plague or blood or an ACTION like change or violence. Excess is just... a relative comparison. There isn't a lot of wiggle room on whether something is magic or not, or if something is violent or not. But whether something is excessive or not is entirely a relative concept. Literally everything a Space Marine carries is 'excessive' except in the context that space marines are actually used in. So, like, Slaneesh gains power when a lord militant calls in 400 space marines to kill 10 rioters who are armed only with butterknives. But those same space marines called in to fight an Ork Invasion? No longer feeding Slaneesh. Rules As Written, that is what Slaneesh is the chaos god of.

See the problem? There isn't actually anything for Slaneesh to claim full time. They have tried to pretend for a long time that Slaneesh is sex, drugs and rock and roll... but thats not excess. Thats generic teenage rebellion.

Frankly, Slaneesh is kind of a shit Chaos God and they haven't been able to do anything good with him/her/it as a result of its fundamental concept problems.

There is nothing in 40k they can replace Slaanesh with.

There are a couple of alien gods but GW don't give a shit about xenos so they won't do that.

I want you to think about GW's lines of minis. Do you really think they have the detail required for the subtlety needed to portray androgyny? This isn't Kingdom Death, here. They can only barely make their females look like something other than NFL linebackers.

This isn't true. They can make good female models now, they just ruin them with the paintjobs.

That clearly says half male half female. Which isn't "tranny".

I mean you could argue that would mean they are actually accidental experts at sculpting androgyny. All their females look ambiguously like dudes already.

Really, GW's management of 40k in general has left them in a pickle.

They only ever want Chaos vs Imperium to be important. Every other fact is, at best, a distraction designed to rope in rubes that are too casual for the adult table.

But at the same time, for decades nothing was allowed to actually HAPPEN, so Chaos seemed like total dweebs who couldn't get anything done. They are really afraid of portraying Chaos as weak now, hence the constant chaoswank in the fluff to try and establish them as a threat again instead of literally the least interesting part of the setting. But they don't actually know what to do with Chaos either, so its a mess.

So you have Slaneesh, which they can't figure out how to sell or what to give. They can't replace Slaneesh, because they have spent years telling us that Chaos is all powerful and exists outside of time and if there was a fifth chaos god we would have always known about it since the dawn of time and yadda yadda yadda. So they can't just swap in a new player.

They also can't just squat Slaneesh and leave Chaos at a number less than 4, because that kind of massive defeat on Chaos's plate would reset them back to 'less threatening that skeletor' levels immediately.

So their solution is to basically just try and pretend Slaneesh isn't there except when Chaos is being discussed as a group. Like how Wonder Woman is in every DC event because she has to be, but no one actually reads Wonder Woman solo comics anymore.

Slaanesh is the god of hedonistic pursuit of perfection. Whatever gets your rocks off, whether that's music, drugs, sex, art, or fighting, slaanesh is there if you start doing it and ignoring all other pursuits because that's the only way you can feel pleasure anymore. He drives you to that point, and he carries you past it.

>Slaanesh is the Wonder Woman of the Chaos Gods.

/co/ here; I can attest to this.

No, Chaos wins in the end. It's all good.

I feel like the main problem is that it's hard to make combat oriented shit based on Slaanesh's domain, except maybe drug spliced psychos. Noise marines were quite a brilliant idea already. Also like the other user said it paradoxically for 40k cannot be too heavy.

>They also can't just squat Slaneesh and leave Chaos at a number less than 4
Their answer to this in Age of Shitmar was just to shove the horned rat in, who as far as I can tell is still nurgle but a rat

This. Belly Dancers needs hips and tits and a belly. Love handles too.

One part Hellraiser, one part pastiche of 'rock and roll satanists,' one part demon sluts.

If slaanesh is squatted something else shitty will happen to the Eldar

>Want androgyny
>But also want to showcase beauty

I only partially shitpost when I suggest trap daemonettes as the compromise we need.

>only one set of genitals

You are like little baby

Can't argue with double dubs, but why? How does it work?

sjw logic

great horned rat is like a corrupted, shittier version of the other chaos gods. like how Skaven are a corrupted, shittier version of humanity.

There is no one in 40k on the scale of the great horned rat they could replace slaanesh with. only xenos stuff and GW could not give less of a shit about anyone who's not a space marine.

Ask Justin Trudeau

No one else notice we lost our Mounted Heralds..........

copious amounts of weed.

There's a difference between hermaphroditism and mental illness.