/kdm/ Kingdom Death: Monster (KD:M)

Why did he paint the lions red? edition.

Left beehind: >What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Prologue Narration: youtu.be/FNLc8dHv0Ac (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of the Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters. The current version is 1.5.

Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 20-30 'lantern years', overcoming the odds that are against you. The game has 3 phases:
1. Hunt: You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Showdown: Fight them
3. Settlement: Return with the goods

A maximum of 20-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.5 Rulebook photographs (yet to be fully scanned)
sendspace.com/file/gcd7jz

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/raw/L0zFRLsx

i can't seem to find a ruling for this in the book.

if a survivor is knocked down by a reaction attack with unresolved hits, do you resolve the hits as normal or is his attack over immediately?

The attack is over and the wounds cards discarded as soon as the survivor is knocked down.

Becoming Knocked Down cancels your hits and ends your attack, just as Knockback can cancel your hits by putting you out of range.

And you should realize it would be difficult to maintain weapon momentum after being knocked on your ass.

Just learnt tonight. Don't take zero hunt xp survivors to fight a Phoenix

Doesn't the Phoenix literally delete zero XP survivors with one of his cards?

Yeah, in the hunt phase.

>(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID
Good job, by the way.

I'm the only one making these threads for a week or so now. Think after this one falls off the board I'll jsut let them die 'til wave two comes out.

me2

Yeah sorry, I made the one with the crude wailing slide image and the one with the ladies and watamote quotes.

Oh, so those two paragraphs on the hunt card mean "reduce all by one, if you can't, delete," and not "reduce all by one, then delete zero exp dudes?" I've asked twice and no one's answered.

Lion is red,
Antelope is blue,
The Hand will
tear you a new asshole.

It's no problem!

Is it even worth it to attack him? Respect seems so shit compared to Applause.

just if you can get a few crit in just befor applause

Does it get you anything? He uses life instead of normal wounds and has no resource deck.

Hahahahahah you guys are a bunch of ass holes.
Colourblind annon here (Obviously)

I will paint the kingsman and the hand today or tomorrow.
Stay tuned.

iirc you can get some courage some understanding and some fighting arts.
but yeah his fight is just about tanking his while his AI deck runs out,

I can't decide on a color scheme for the hand.

Opinions?

And I'm back.

I really need to buy new light bulbs or something. When I was painting them they looked super green, so decided to take a break to rest my eyes and when I came back they where the right color.

I want to see some of your work. I might no be the correct person to judge them but I like seeing what other people are doing.
Specially when it comes to decorating the bases. I think the base for the hand is my current favorite.

Good job with the basing!

Bases you say?

I really need to cover the gloss with a matte varnish but I'm afraid

Horrific neon every color to mark how fucking shite he is to see/fight.

Nah

I like my minis looking normal

Basing is just about done. Bout to wash him and start high lighting

10/10 base, love it.

Thanks user, it's been pretty popular at my table

>finished The Hand
>all that's left for the monsters is the phoenix, the Watcher, and GSK
fuuuck

Guess I'll start assembling the chicken

Had a giggle at the bottom right mask.

not seeing it

The one gazing at the chick's butthole?

Which one is which?

Poots really disappeared since November.
He occasionally comments on people's stuff on Twitter but not as often as before.
I am glad he is hard at work but I wish they'd appoint a community manager who can keep us hyped.

>bought myself a christmas present from the shop
>order is still unconfirmed
I fear for my dice

You know poots, he's a perfectionist so hes gotta do everything himself

this really is the dark souls of board games. i.e. stupid bullshit

this white lion has four -acc tokens and hasn't missed a single attack

Those build instructions are dogshit

I think my fave part of KDM is having a huge risk of getting fucked up on my own turn just from baseline doing the thing I have to do to win.

So, I glued the intimacy female onto a basic base

But now I'm hesitant about leaving the flat base boring.

Think I could get away with building a heart beneath her out of texture paint? Or would I regret that tomorrow?

You could always paint a heart onto her base, kind of like the guy who does pattern bases.

Just cheat then. You seem like the kind to use the invulnerability code anyway.

Idk why so many people go for the OSL mem, if you don't do it perfectly it doesn't look as good. And I know the game is supposed to be drab and dark, but it just makes the models too plain and boring imo.

Boo hoo, why is this grim darkness nightmarescape game is full of arbitrary risks
Roll on the following d10 table to see how hard you cry

>do object source lightning
>put mini on table
>had overhead lighting now
>regret sets in

Badger Airbrush is having a $54 for any brush sale. Has anyone ever used their detail airbrushes before? I’m wondering if a Sotar 20/20 would be helpful to pair with my Patriot 105 for the purpose of things like putting tiny gradients on the Dragon King’s veins.

THESE HANDS

WHY POOTS WHY

Requires paying with paypal, doesn't it?

It does.
...Should I be more concerned about the back channel nature of this sale

I wouldn't be, it came from the Badger Facebook page and something like 6000 other people did it, it's probably fine.

Sorta. The only thing that feels cheap in my mind is dying from random events, which you can use Survival of the Fittest to curb to an extent

SotF player here. #1 causes of death are Harvester, Murders, and Time Flows Backwards.

Because OSL is a >Super High Level Modeling Tech< truly befitting of the masterwork KDM minis.

Wait for the faces that you'll have to individually assemble and then glue onto the dudeball. The faces and slots will be almost exactly the same, but dissimilar enough that ugly cracks are apparent if you fit the wrong A to B.

I’d better start looking into hellish red glow effects, I’m obligated to make this guy look like a Castlevania reference

Partial to the Harmony of Dissonance one myself.

fuck yea castlevania hd

Hope Scanon is okay!

Good news everyone!!

I finished assembling the Pheonix!!

And I only lost two of the hands!

I managed to put mine together without any losses this week, and only three hands that I had to slather in plastic cement in order to squeeze into their supposed slots!

see, i thought using tweezers for correct alignment was a good idea. Then the hand slips and the thing goes flying across the room.

Oh yeah, I did that too. Got lucky, I managed to find them all but it was tricky. One of them managed to land INSIDE a book.

>Pheonix

I feel triggered, but going to struggle through that somehow. Maybe by beating a puppy or something.

My PotSun Katar master with 2 points in grand retired at the climax of a phoenix lvl 1 at year 11.

LIFETIME REROLL
Insight: +1 Accuracy
Bold: +1 Strength
Strange Hand: +1 Strength
The Great Sky Gift: +1 Strength
Purification Ceremony: +1 Accuracy
Death Wager: +1 Luck
A Strange Spot: +1 Accuracy, +1 Strength, +1 Evasion

He (female) has sleeping virus flower, I'm trying to kill this new half bitch.

>Katar master with 2 points in grand

I'm struggling to make sense of this.

should have gone romantic and get him to max undestanding for that sweet ageless.

Innovate Sacrifice. That's what I did in a relatively comparable situation.

If you have mastery, you keep it when you reset your weapon prof.

Innovate Sacrifice or Nightmare Training. Since you're PotSun you could also use Aquarobics. All are fairly easy to kill somebody with.

What said. Most natural 2nd mastery to aim for is Spear into Axe and Axe into Spear to gain both benefits while using Lantern Glaive. You can do this well by having Family Innovation for a master to bestow 4 of their weapon proficiency points to their child and then go do 12 fights (6 if Phoenix lvl 3+).

Perfect Slayer uses Grand/Sword too, so you can literally just get a Grand master to level up Swords via Petal Mastery or make them wear the Vagabond set to get that sweet +1 accuracy from Sword Mastery.

I've got romantic, got storytelling too. Will attempt to do that too.

Cannot get this in People of the Sun, IIRC you need Inner Lantern and that doesn't exist here. I can get Nightmare Training fairly easy though, my innovation deck is only 6 innovations at the moment with symposium.

>Cannot get this in People of the Sun, IIRC you need Inner Lantern and that doesn't exist here.

Ah, true that. Shrine consequence. I guess sauna doesn't inspire that much for a sacrifice.

Question about Extra Sense fighting art:

Does this mean I do not need to spend survival for the extra dodge per round, or do I still have to?

You get an extra Dodge usage, but Extra Sense doesn’t say anything about it being a free usage.

>Missed kickstarter
>eye balling store for the core set
>only ever survivors and expansions
>finally get the core game
>no expansions in the store

Gaunter o dimm? So he’s the one bringing souls to this setting.

Expansions will likely return once Wave 2 ships.