PR

Anyone go to the prerelease? How'd it go?

3-0 and chopped teh 4th. Also pulled pic relatrd. Fun stuff

i had a very mediocre pool but managed a 3-1 with orzhov vampire aggro. got a few cards i wanted for edh. had fun although shit was long.

Nice trips

Ending up pulling the Black Elderdino and Vraska from Ixilan, so built green/black goodstuff and went undefeated

Had a lot of fun hanging out with friends and getting hype over pulling bigass dinos

First time going at midnight, ended 1-2 cause I'm bad at sealed

One guy dropped the big white pterosaur followed by the 3-headed dino fuck and couldn't do shit about it

Played esper with all removal I could find, managed to sell some cards and get a lot of what I want for standard, so cool enough

Went RB pirates with 50% 2 drops and a single rare, which was the flash deathtouch and also my stamp. Got two of the +1/+1 double strike instants. Shit was fucking absurd. One game I won with 2 mana ezpz. My friend was worried about phatdinos, but my opponents didn't have time to build a board before they fucking died. Got the GW Walker, golem land, foil red elder dino, and foil negate in my prize pool that I can remember off hand. 4-0 with 1 game loss due to a play mistake on my part.

Lost the first round, tied the second, had a buy for the third and convinced my opponent to surrender in the fourth. My promo was Zetalpa so I ran red/ white until my buy round, when I completely switched to red/ blue. I let the big bird weigh me down. Besides not building right, I had a lot of problems in general. For instance, I had 2 green rares, but only 7 green cards total including a few that just weren't worth using, so I couldn't even justify splashing.

On the upshot, I actually managed to pull a decent amount of value in Azor's Gateway, which I had wanted going into it, and a few other decent rares like Swordtooth. I was also lucky enough that I was still able to walk away with two packs despite everything.

I was Mediocre Morthal, playing RW Dino/Vampire splashing Pirate (my pool was shit on a stick). I still went 2-1 by being one of two people in my games that understood curve, creature power, and timing. Pulling a playset of Legion Conquistadors didn't hurt either since I always had a hand of 2/2s on turn 3 that I could flood with if I got good drops. I didn't really have any major bombs or a lot of removal but my evasion and aggro made up for it. I also made good use of my 1-ofs using the "Snapcaster mage but on enemy graveyard and without flash" guy to fuck with my opponent's heads.

My prerelease is tomorrow. It's my second ever and I did embarrassingly horrible last time, so we'll see how this goes. Hoping for a promo better than fucking Solemnity this time.

This is the first prerelease since I started playing I haven't bothered going to Well second, but that's because my friend told me it was a week later than it was

It's kinda a shame, but I'm trying to spend less on magic this year and I'd rather spend £25 on new cards I actually want rather than jank from the least fun block I've ever seen

>Anyone go to the prerelease? How'd it go?

I did. My first one ever, in fact. Went 2-1 (2-1, 2-0, 0-2) with Gruul Merfolk/Dinos. My packs were shit, though. Only rares I played were Rootbound Crag and two Jadelight Rangers.

And the prize packs were even worse. Still, I made it to table #2, so I'm gonna go back tomorrow.

1-2 dropped. Trash pulls, no real synergy, only one playable rare, removal all spread out between four colors, etc. Had an alright time, but this was the worst kit I've opened in a long time.

Was doing UBR pirate, got 2-2.
I punted one game that should've resulted in my win.

I'm playing at this afternoon and doing my first 2 headed giant tommorrow. Any tribe stand heads above the others?

Not doing any. Did 1 Ixalan, my pool was beyond awful to the point where an Air Elemental was my best limited pull, so the chances of me doing another prerelease any time soon are nil. Add into this that there's nothing I want from this set and it can fuck off.

Merfolks definitely. Pirates are backbreaking if you got that BR pirate uncommon. Also, ascending isn't as hard to get as people predicted.

Ascend feels a lot like Miracles to me, except now everyone has a stupid game winning topdeck.

Well it's sealed. I think it will be much harder to ascend on drafts. Dinosaurs can't ascend reliably even in sealed.

Went Mardu, red+white for dinos and some value creatures like trashcaster mage and black purely for removal

Decent creatures along the entire curve + removal (chupacabra is fucking stupid) netted me a 5-0. Got a Kumena and Azor's gateway from the prize boosters so I am pretty happy.

£25 seems steep - what's the prize pool like?

Our LGS charges £20 with 2 boosters in the pool per entrant.

I have been kind of wanting to go to a PR since Dragons of tarkir, but 20 euros is a lot of money for poor peoples. Maybe for dominaria.

First prerelease I've ever been to
Went 4-2, two losses were when I realised monoblack isnt very good so I threw in some white and went Vampire tribal