Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1994: UQ Hand Holder Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

uq-holder.wikia.com/wiki/Evangeline_A.K._McDowell
youtube.com/watch?v=LdOQ6qtoQ4I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Then why so many discounts? As is, it's almost guaranteed that you'll never pay full price for a discountable perk or item (ie the only way to actually pay 600CP for a capstone perk is if you buy five of them.)

Waffled back on forth on that a bit really, decided to just do about half of each tier as discounts. Might think about lowering it by one for each tier but I don't mind much either way.

>Life Cloak (UQ Holder)
>Teigu Armor (Akame Ga Kill)
>Monkey King's Armor (God of High School)

Does anyone know of some other clothing/armor that automatically protects us? I really like that kind of thing.

Jumper! Have you ever waifu'd a real person using on of the 'IRL' jumps? Like going to something like the Youtube jump and somehow waifu'ing Emma Watson and then taking her to Harry Potter

There's Animated Shields and Rings of Force Shielding from Dungeons and Dragons. Might also be interested in Shield Guardians. They're designed to magically take part of the damage you normally would if they're nearby.

The relic from MCU that's like Dr Strange's cloak perhaps?

Val can I ask, in DYNFreaks can you only purchase one fragment?
I've recently read the manga and I remember seeing this crazy bandaged chainsaw wielding lady with a copy of the necronomicon and how she summoned that big white dragon and wondered if we purchased a fragment if we could do something similar.

Bit late, but have a build.

Age 19
Male
Tower View

Perks:
Arificial Vampire (-300) (Seems like a good option to fit in with)
Elder Immortal (-300) (Not really adding much time to my overall age, but I am considered a veteran here)
Team Mom (Free) (EI) (Someones gotta take care of the immortals)
Put On A Show Darling (Free) (EI) (Making the other immortals day brighter does seem nice)
Princess (Free) (I cannot stop myself)
Spring of Life (Free) (Never hurts to have some motivation)
Friend Lure (-100) (Who doesn't want friends?)
The Springfield Factor (-200) (One can never have enough harem perks)
Black of Venus (-300) (EI) (A super mode, one should always have one on hand)
Training From Hell (-200) (The power to train any of my abilities/powers? Yes please)

Items:
Life Cloak (-300) (An awesome cloak that protects me, I love it)
Speeder (Free) (A nice little bike that I can drive at my leisure)
Mourning Time (Free) (A place to remember all my comrades long lost)
Age Pills (Free)

Drawbacks:
Black Phantasm (+300) (I beat them once, I can do it again. Even with the Lifemaker's paltry powers added on)
Maze Running (+200) (Should only be able to keep me around for a year tops, what with how persistent I am)
Modern Day Paladins (+200) (So long as I get rid of them quick enough, and repeat it it should be easy)

No. Can't say the idea ever occurred to me. Nor do I find the idea attractive.
>Emma Watson and then taking her to Harry Potter
That though, could be pretty amusing just to see the look on her face.

You can buy more than one.

In a normal jump, people would get two discounts per level and be out of luck if they wanted perks from different backgrounds. What reason is there to give people 3 or 4 discounts per level of any perk they want, except to raise the general power level of all builds? You can see from the two builds you have already and that every single perk they purchased was at a discount. You may as well remove the discounts and cut all the prices in half.

>You can buy more than one
Neat. Can you use more than one at a time?

You can get an armour as a sacred treasure in Seven Deadly Sins.

>Taking real life boring people to fantasy worlds
I'm the only one to have that right

>Breaking Bonds For Bonds
>though the love for a friend might wok a bit less effectively.

Get a symbiote from one or both of the Spider Man jumps?
Get a Peronelle demonic living armor in Exalted/Infernals.

Mm, I'll probably reduce it a little bit then.

Probably, be the Yog-Sothoth/Nyarlathotep hybrid we all want to be.

Eventually yeah

>we

Speak for yourself

>Eventually yeah
Is it like you need to get used to one up to a point and then you can use another at the same time? Does that mean a God who already has their 'fragment' mastered can immediatey purchase another and use it along with their native abilities?

Actually as a seperate question, if you get the Yog Sothoth fragment can you eventually learn how to duplicate the Hounds wierd angle walking thingy? Since it seems like a kind of spacial manipulation,

Yeah, just need to bond with one fully then you can start using the second. Sure.

Probably.

I would argue against that, you’ve got the same setup here that you have in Dies Irae. Enough discounts for (roughly) half the perks in a price tier.

You can configure Life Fibers (from Kill La Kill) to do that, with Kamui being the best at it. Senketsu hauled Ryuuko's unconscious body out of a collapsed building to get help, at one point.

Thanks Val. Sorry if I've been a bit of a pest.

That is a thing to consider. Well, I'll think on it in the morning either way.

No worries mate

Thanks for the jump, Valeria. It's just lovely.
And it's inspired me to go read the manga.

Probably for the best, no one thinks very well when they’re tired.
Also, all the 100 CP perks look cool, I’ll probably wind up getting them all.

Jumpers, how edgy are you?

A little. I'm mostly the equivalent of caramel and salt-water taffy.

Hell yes!
Restraining orders hold no jurisdiction in the land of imagination.

My skin's occasionally made of razor blades, so pretty edgy?

My second jump was Hatred.

I really like the idea of having the trappings of edginess but with none of the substance. Kind of like Death of the Endless in that she's Death and dresses like a goth but she's upbeat, friendly and talks about stuff like Mary Poppins. Or most of the Halloween Town people in Nightmare Before Christmas

Generally not cruel or sadistic but I usually live in a spooky mansion. Tend to take a lot of the drawbacks that make people think I'm evil or an apocalyptic threat as well even though I'm very usually not. I guess being legitimately edgy requires an intensity and emotional sincerity that I generally lack and it gets in the way of being knowingly silly.

Here's ostensibly the final jump for Amazing Island.

It looks pretty finished in my eyes, but please speak up if any issues pop out.

Otherwise, I think I'm gonna go ahead and upload it to the drive if nobody has any problems.

How successful were you?

What are the best ways to convince Evangeline to be a companion?

Which Eva, Wakfu? Give her the Iop

UQ Holder Evangeline
uq-holder.wikia.com/wiki/Evangeline_A.K._McDowell

Try giving her the Iop then and report back

>Give her the Iop
What the fuck is 'the lop'?

Any important shitposting missed?

Val posted UQ Holder. Fortunately, the thread decided it wasn't getting on the drive.

Well, if you pay attention some unimportant shitposting is happening right now.

Has your chain reached its perfect form yet?

You are such a marvel of wierd oddness.
Why tell lies like this that are so blatantly transparent? Are you trying to be ironic somehow?

Looks like the answer is no.

Wrong, but the thread has decided to run a train on your mother. Have you prepped her for us yet?

HeavensAnon turned out to be NuBee in disguise in a dastardly plot to get us all to hate Red so that Val could reveal that she was SJ-chan all along. Meanwhile DeSu revealed that as part of his supervillainy he was behind the OAAposting.

You are correct. That said the question was inherantly contradictory. There is no such thing as important shitposting.

Urgh. I shudder to think what sow would produce a shitposter like that. Still, each to their own. You and the others have fun, user.

Perfect invulnerability other than anti divine attacks? There is probably a perk in One Of her other jumps which makes you immune to anti divine attacks somehow...

It’s official lads and lasses, there is no balance, Only Valeria!

I knew it all along!

You do realise nothing obliges you to purchase those perks if you don't like them right?
If you want a chain balanced accorded to your preference it's as simple as just not taking perks you don't feel are balanced. It's not that big a deal.

The lore is getting deep.

Hearing that, my first thought to that is that it should at best provide complete invulnerability only to stuff seen in-setting. The three times (near-) perfect invulnerability has come up in my own jumps I've always added the caveat that stuff more powerful than the setting it's from could break it, otherwise both would instantly become one-true-build and eliminate all further challenge for jumpers. Even if that curse is never broken in-setting, giving it perfect fiat-backed immunity to everything just feels like power wank to me, plain and simple. But then again, this is Val. Powerwank is pretty much the norm now. :/

>There is probably a perk in One Of her other jumps which makes you immune to anti divine attacks somehow...
Nothing that comes to mind. If you find something, please share.

Wait a tick... Fate! Isn't there an anti-divinity skill or NP stuff there? I remember the Noble Phantasm Enkidu had anti-divinity traits.

This is just copied from a post last thread. Boring shitposting, user. Very boring.

Are you copy/pasting that now?

>Nothing that comes to mind. If you find something, please share.
Probably falls under The Legendary Hero, since something divine is obviously supernatural

Have we begun to merge with Adventure Quest when I wasn't looking?

I guess that's reasonable. A person could fanwank divine power is outside supernatural if they wanted to, but I would think it'd default to being supernatural.

Why did you copy what that one guy on SB said?

Well lucky for us, nobody cares what you think. And soon, those jumps will be replaced by Valeria anyway.

Why are you responding to obvious shitty copypasta? You probably aren't even talking to the guy who originally typed that. That's like talking to the telly crazy, user.

>Meanwhile DeSu revealed that as part of his supervillainy he was behind the OAAposting.

Not surprising he's joined the bandwagon.

Oh.

Well now I feel silly.

Doesn’t Legendary Hero also have a weakness?

Lord of Vermin in SMT makes you immune to holy attacks. Demon race in Overlord would make you immune to evil magic.

All of you shut the fuck up with your salt and bullshit for five seconds and look at this kitten: youtube.com/watch?v=LdOQ6qtoQ4I

Any word/language focused abilities.

Disgusting creature.

You can still be killed or damaged by normal ordinary stuff with enough strength, and styles. Not sure about the first one.

>shitposters complaining about Val making defense powers too strong
>SB complaining about Val offering too much raw power
>When she is making so many charisma and harem perks that actually trivalize the chain without the need of a fight

Awww... cute c:

I know what you are.

You say that like we didn't have enough charisma/harem perks to do so before. Not enough of those in general of course, but easily enough to trivalize just about everything you'd encounter.

Harem build stronk.

How about that boosted capstone in Medaka that removes the weaknesses of your powers over time?

Yeah, but the one if Val's latest jumps (the ones in the last three months) are really ridiculous.

Are there any cats offered in jumps?
Treecats? Dorf cats?

>those in our circle

And what circle would that be? There are plenty of charisma jumpers out there. Hell, some of them are the older Jumpers.

Any specific perks you're thinking of?

How the fook do you kill Ainz Oal Gown?

Dies Irae also has a similar perk, by the way.

Not sure if that falls under his deadline, but Mephistopheles and... one of the Outsider capstones from Dies Irae are pretty up there far as diplomancy goes. Wacky shit.

Cast Remove Calcium on his milk

By being stronger than him

Tell him his waifus are sluts

Power-wankers of course.

Become stronger than the king of asspulls?

Oh wait. I'm also the king of ass pulls

speaking of asspulls, could I kill him using the death note?

Really hate to be pushy on this stuff, but is it fair to say that nobody has any problems with me uploading this?

I'm well aware how sorely the thread tends to look at people who upload to the drive without warning, so I'd like to be certain about this before I act.

>Shinobu Shine (Monogatari)
>Love Magnet (Monogatari)
>Will You Marie Me (Dies Irae)
>Casa-Super-Nova (Waltraute’s Marriage)
>Mephistopheles (Dies Irae)

By being stronger than him, though. Blow up the planet to be safe. Not that you should do it, Papa Bones is cool

Doubt it. For a serious answer, just stock up on a shitton of holy-type offence powers, keep a World Item close to hand and do a Level 100 Warrior build that includes both the dimensional cleaving attack and the fighter-caster hybrid perk.

In other words, use Shalltear's build as a guideline. In pure stats and elemental damage Shalltear was basically optimised against Ainz, he needed PVP experience for planning, a few psychological tricks, the arsenal of World Items AAG stockpiled, a spell that temporarily made him a Level 100 warrior and a specific certain kill spell just to deal with her when she also had a World Item of her own.

How many warframes can a capstone boosted tenno pilot at once max and what is their range?

I like it. Out-of-Context Shop is nice.

Death Note from the jump is shit. Can only kill mortal humanoids and only weak ones.
I mean, just taking offense focused and world champion would probably completely obliterate him in a 1vs1. He has low HP and as a magic caster he is weak in melee, even if he goes Perfect Warrior. Only one of his shown WCI seem to do anything in combat, and it's not good very good at it. Unless you assume that his WCI from the VN still applies and he can break your equipment with it.

Doesnt Hellboy give you unlimited but useless cats?

So long as you can skin and/or eat it, a cat is never useless.

Yeah, just erring on the safe side because I'm confused exactly how many class/racial skills in the admittedly vague stat system of Yggdrasil each individual perk confers on you so-better safe than sorry, imo fo that user.

The other reason I decided to be cautious is that Ainz is not only well versed with PVP react-or-die shenanigans, but also owns lots of cash shop items. Which the anime taught me to never underestimate.

I have no idea about the VN, tho.

Plus, certain breeds of troll are intimidated by cats

It looks good to me, though I can't really offer deeper commentary due to not having played the game. Good job.

WarFrame and eclipse space both offer some pretty neat space cats