/swg/ - Star Wars General

Funny dice edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Legion AT-ST preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/

What dice roller do you all prefer for running FFG Star Wars online, if you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

tabletopadmiral.com/legion/
youtube.com/watch?v=6bYFC2NSahg),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pic related is the Final Form of TIE/SF builds.

It has Alpha-strike capability, late-game capability, it can arc dodge, it can joust, it has cool tricks, it's self-sufficient.

It leaves you with 60 points to build the rest of your Squad.

What goes best with it?

I'm torn between

- 2x Delta Squadron TIE Defenders with TIE/x7 and Mk2 engines

and

- 3x Omega Squadron TIE/fo with Crack Shot and Advanced Optics.

What are your thoughts Veeky Forums?

Sheev, Anakin, Obi-wan, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, and Yoda get together for the weekly gaming session.

Sheev wants to continue the EotE campaign, but the others are sick of his "I am MAKING it legal!" DMing style. Mace is still arguing with Obi-wan over "Qui-gon did it, I thought it was normal!" as Obi-wan's excuse for using the force to manipulate a roll in X-Wing, Ahsoka is pouring all her focus into sneaking more vodka into Anakin's drink without his noticing and Yoda just keeps trying to pester Mace to hook him up with some space-weed. That leaves Anakin to pick the game, and he suggest Legion as if it was something that just popped into his head. Secretly, he built an incredibly janky combo list a week ago and has thought about nothing else in the interim.

Xth for Katarn

FO's for more Crack

Might wanna trade Optics for Comm Relays if you can spare 3 points

Still miss Kyle.

So my players are going to learn soon that an ISB agent has caught whiff of their trail and they'll probably want to stop him./ but how secretive would his base of operations be? and how would you track down an ISB agent if you needed to? I need a bone to throw the players if they hit a wall on the plan to find this guy.

More ships is generally stronger I would say.

>What dice roller do you all prefer for running FFG Star Wars online, if you do?
Roll20 is really good for running the FFG game, but I lucked out and was able to mooch off a friend when I made my room. So that being a viable option for you may be different.

I actually put thought into this- If you outnumber your opponent, Optics is more useful, since you can expect to have a potential use for that token each turn. If your opponent outnumbers you, Comms is potentially more useful, as it acts as pseudo-regen.

Since those TIE/FO are going to outnumber most stuff, I'd be choosing Optics over Comms.

I'm not sure if I should go Delta for the late game though, as opposed to going all Frontloaded damage, especially since you can't block a Delta if you didn't just eat a shot from one.

have any legion squadbuilders came out yet?

I'm probably going to get the following-

- Core
- Speeder Bike expansion
- Trooper expansion
- 2x Snowtrooper expansion
- AT-ST expansion
- Veers expansion

Or is there no unique content to the Stormtrooper and Scout bike boxes? (making it easier to buy partitioned cores)

I'm definitely going all empire.

My counterpoint on ship count is that while it seems like it would be better against conventional lists, against lists that utilize large quantities of Bombs, the lower health and increased model count of the TIE/FO seems like it would be very detrimental.

Or is the Super-Quickdraw good enough to scare off all of the Nym and Miranda?

Stop being a faggot.

Odds are you can kill Nym or Miranda before they become too much of a problem

Threadly reminder that Rey is a Mary Sue and Mark Hamill is dead inside forever.

can that pic be in decent resolution?
thanks!

I guess it's settled then, I'll try out the 3 Omegas and QD next-

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good screencap of the inside of the Silencer's cockpit, looking out?

This is all I could find- I'm trying to print a full-art Advanced Optics card, but I'd need a larger shot to make it look good.

You get Grappling Hooks and Comms Jammer, respectively. (Although strictly speaking we don't *exactly* know which upgrades are in the core set, there's still some unaccounted for.) But that's it.

don't grappling hooks come in something else as well?

I'm probably going to buy just the empire stuff and go complete collection-

Will Stormtrooper spam be a workable list? I'm thinking something like 3 squads of troopers, an ATST, and 2 scout bike squads would work well.

Talk about cards reminded me

I heard someone was making meme art carts, may I make a few suggestions?

First is an image of pic related for Omega Leader with the pilot ability text "Can't mod that"

That's me-

Omega leader Lockdown? Is it better than Movie Still Lockdown though?

Actually, this is a general rule for these threads-

Post an image and the style of card you want (FFG standard, FFG expanded art, all-art, or something specific (such as all-text Fenn Rau) along with any text you need changed, and I'll make a card.

If you send me a non-animated file, I can crank out MC Hammer Lockdown pretty fast.

Dont worry they'll bring him back in six or seven years (even if Mark the actor is dead). And we can all ignore JJ wars and pretend it was a bad dream.

you see, when a mummy Y-wing and a Daddy Y-wing love each other very much...

Did these resistance bombers appear in any sequel era NuEU fiction?

Not that I'm aware, if they had had those the strike on the dreadnought would have gone way smoother

Starting with just
-Core
-T-47 Landspeeder
-AT-ST
-General Veers

for now anyway. Mostly just picking up Veers to paint and try my hand at a snow base which I've not done before. I don't want to overload myself with units because I have a tendency to get overwhelmed with painting projects. Still got a few random minis and half of one of me new Guild Ball teams to finish.

Also I'm not sure what to grab since I haven't seen hardly any solid numbers anywhere for force building. And do the extra packs of troopers/bikes/etc come with more upgrades that aren't in the core box? Seems like a FFG thing to do

to clarify on what I would need to make a card.

I would need

- Art that is at least 300 DPI for the intended format, 400 DPI preferred. (a pilot card is 3.5" by 2.5", an upgrade is 1.625" by 2.5")

- You to specify which card design would work best for the card requested.

Another idea I had was the normal version of this pic for Kylo Ren Silencer and the Max Swolo version for the Upsilon pilot

Alright will keep that in mind

Too late, I already did this.

This card will be at Krayt Cup, alongside the other 4 Kylo meme cards.

Legion kits seem to be pretty self-sufficient. Bikes and AT-ST both come with their own set of Comms Jammer and Long-Range Comms, for instance. Snowtroopers and Stormtroopers both have Impact grenades and Grappling hooks for instance. But the Speeder Bikes also have an unrevealed Comms upgrade, and we don't know if the AT-ST pilot will be specific to it or not, etc.

The individual trooper kits do seem to have different stuff from the core.

Thrawn's Revenge 2.2 coming end of March,

Fuck yeah, can't wait (even if ground battles are shit)

Oh hi, Mark. Can I direct the next movie?

>don't grappling hooks come in something else as well?
All three trooper boxes so far (storm/rebel/snow). And like another user pointed out, there's also a grenade upgrade, which I forgot (core set includes some second type of grenade).

>Will Stormtrooper spam be a workable list? I'm thinking something like 3 squads of troopers, an ATST, and 2 scout bike squads would work well.
It's waaay too early for me to try to give list-building advice. I'm at least semi-competent at Armada (top 8 at regional), but I've yet to even play Legion.

All I can say is that 3 squads of troopers is the *legal minimum* (max of 6), and between extra bodies (10-11 points) and heavy weapons (20-30 points) there's a lot of different ways to field troopers. But with the suppression system and losing actions and objectives and etc etc... until we get some table time in, who knows?

Here's the only list builder I know of so far, incidentally:
>tabletopadmiral.com/legion/

I really like the mod, even though the enemy AI is a pain in the ass most of the time and some of the unit design choices are pretty weird. What's gonna be new?

Double-checked the Wiki, trooper expansions have Impact Grenades, I think the core has Concussion Grenades but I don't think we have clean shots of the difference.

I'm planning on having the party serve as scouts for a newly-formed Rebel Alliance. It'll start with simple missions and slowly gravitate towards them hunting down a Mandalorian Wars-era Old Republic fleet to refit for the Rebellion as well as race against the Empire in taking command of an old CIS fleet and its massive complement of B1 and B2 battle droids.

Right now, I'm looking at a smuggler who's wanted by a Hutt based on Nar Shadaa, a consular who discovered and trained themselves using an old library of Count Dooku's that survived the Clone Wars, a former Imperial engineer who is having some issues killing his former comrades, a bounty hunter(the smuggler's sister) who is just trying to keep her brother alive and an ace who's just there to fly the ship but secretly wishes she could get into more firefights.

My intent is to follow the OT story until Hoth and when Luke goes to Dagobah, that's when the consular feels something calling out to them as the Rebels flee. Enter the Old Republic fleet and an ancient, destroyed lightsaber whose crystal is calling out to the consular so they finally get a lightsaber.

Story changes. Now, the Rebellion has a sizeable fleet with multiple Victory II-tier capital ships. Not an amazing one but a decent one and they realize, holy shit. There's a bunch of old ass fleets just chilling in space since the end of the Clone Wars. Why not take them, refit them and use them against the Empire? Why not reactive those droid armies and put them to use against Stormtroopers?

Guess who gets called up to track those fleets down?

Anybody see issues with this that I'm not?

As long as you're prepared for the possibility that your campaign will turn into fleet battle from Gurren Lagann (youtube.com/watch?v=6bYFC2NSahg), seems like a fun time.

Lots of ship to ship combat. I've planned for a Raider to discover them with the Old Republic ships and they're going to be in command of a Hammerhead, three Foray blockade runners and ~50 Aerok class starfighters, one of which the Ace will be piloting, when they fight the Imps for control of the CIS fleet.

>prequels get a free pass

was meant for

Fuck off Reddit Letter Media

>someone talking about sequels
>somebody whatabouts muh prequels
is one thing

>disney ruined our beloved characters and removed hope for new films
is another thing

Vader was reduced to an angsty teenager and Yoda started backflipping and playing pong with lightning dragonball z style, lots of things from the OT were retconned or made nonsensical, and at no point following the premier of phantom menace was there a single day of hope for the future of the franchise

Nothing you can do will change what's happened. Move on.

>at no point following the premiere of TPM was there a single day of hope for the future of the franchise

Do you have any evidence or are you just going to shit yourself and scream about MUH PREQUELS WERE SHIT like a brainlet ledditor?

Jog on mouseboy

Then why are you here?

Is this the part where you try to convince us that the "world building" of turning the Jedi Order into monolithic order of moronic celibates that have their head office within viewing distance of the senate building and lead it's armies into battle thus making the idea that they were somehow forgotten and made into myth in ~20 years utterly ridiculous.

Vader wasn't in the prequels dumbass. What part of "Anakin was weak, so I killed him" don't you understand?
Why wouldn't Yoda a noted Jedi Master not know how to fight? So what if he flips how else does a 3 foot being fight against normal sized humanoids?

Literally nothing you can do will change the direction it's headed. You're powerless and you know that. You can keep complaining as a coping mechanism, or you can toughen up and scour through all things Star Wars to come up with a fun campaign or character.

>Tatooine is in the outer rim and Jedi rarely visited that part of the Galaxy.
>At their height Jedi were only 10000 strong in a Galaxy full of countless quadrillions.
>Jedi were secretive and never did interviews/news casts

Yoda should be above direct fighting, not even needing a lightsaber, similar to how the emperor needed none in return

That's your head canon. A lightsaber is the weapon of the Jedi and a symbol of their station. He should know how to use one.

But palps also uses a lightsaber in the PT.

>how else does a 3 foot being fight against normal sized humanoids?
In the woods, with logs and sharp sticks!

You are absolutely right! Yoda was a good space wizard and The Emperor was an evil space wizard. In the PT they should have used new and different kinds of force spells. Like Yoda could control plants and the weather while The Emperor evoked lightning and fire.

[yub nub intensifies]

yeah yeah mouseboy go drink your green milk

Fuck off nu-canon has been great with the exception of TFA and R1. TLJ is easily in the top 3 SW films and is great addition to the franchise. It added mysticism back to the force and showed even heroes can fall but still be redeemed. It also shows that the force isn't restricted to certain bloodlines and anyone can be powerful in the force.

>TLJ is easily in the top 3 SW films and is great addition to the franchise

i actually don't think TLJ was utterly irredeemable but you still tried too fucking hard here dude lol

You sit here being mad at garbage, and fully aware that you can't do anything to change it. But you'll complain anyway because it's how you cope. Learn to move on and you will be happier.

1. ANH
2. ESB
3. TLJ
4. RotJ
5. TFA
6. RotS
7. TPM
8. R1
9. AOTC

uh huh yeah whatever. your milk's getting warm.

user, is time to stop baiting.

Also, guys, apart of jedi do you let players to use light sabers.

ESB > ANH > ROTJ
There are not other Star Wars movies

Han could use Luke's in ESB.

A rigid mind breaks when it should bend.

OT Luke wouldn't want you to behave like this, anons. Don't let him down.

50 cents have been deposited in your account.

ANH > ESB > RotJ > R1 > RotS > TFA > TPM > TLJ > AotC

Oh fuck off eutist. Even Pablo who was critical of TFA loved TLJ.

But I don't hate the Sequels, I simply don't care about them. They have aported nothing of interest to the SW universe.
Old EU can half its faults, but I'm finding it wasn't that bad as other anons said (here or in /co/), Dark Empire was great for example.

The nucanon demonstrates to us that democracy is a corrupt, weak and illegitimate form of government.

TPM > AOTC > ROTS > R1 > ANH > ESB > ROTJ > TFA > TLJ

user, is time to stop posting. Let it go.

This guy gets it

First time AoR GM here. I've run one FaD and two EotE campaigns, one of them was my introduction to the system and the other was a oneshot and the third was never finished, so I'm pretty inexperienced.

What are some unique ideas for an Imperial campaign set just after the Battle of Yavin? Assuming EU canon here sans stupid shit.

Have it be about hitting the Rebels back hard for the Death Star. Perhaps culminating in having a hand in the Empire finding out about Echo Base on Hoth?

>R1 not dead last tied with TLJ
>TFA better than AotC
>TLJ not dead last tied with R1
>TLJ above 3, 6, 1, and 2

Stop playing as the bad guys for one. AoR isn't built around that mode of play

It's much too late for that. Look at the power it brings them, the hate flows like a mighty river. All it took was one mediocre experience and they rushed towards the true power of the Dark Side.

They have to exterminate a rebel cell in some jungle planet. But something in the planet is way, way worse than the rebels. Perhaps they will have to team up with the rebel scum to survive.

>the bad guys

Skip forward in time until Operation Cinder. Then have other imperials burn the player's homeworld, and the players defect.

Don't start
This is acceptable

>Legion looks fun as fuck
>probably going to take forever before they get away from OT stuff

I just really want to field Grievous and Dooku with a fuckhuge droid army

Satan's right. Empire is still the bad guys.

Yeah, my loose starting concept was "Fuck guys we gotta strike back". Helping locate Hoth, or maybe hindering reinforcements that were supposed to go there, that sort of stuff could definitely work!

This too. I've always wanted SpaceNam.

EU canon only, my man.

Oh this subject, how would you do an Empire FaD campaign? A group of Imperial Inquisitors?

>EU canon only, my man.
...How much EU we're talking about here?

Where is the Krayt Cup

how do I get in so I can get this card

Yuuzhan Vong and everything, my man.

He said it already mang, the good bits, the most silly/bad bits can be eliminated.

why would you do that
do you hate your players or something

Please don't use based Michael Jordan to shitpost.
As they grow in the power of the Darkside they inevitably begin to backstab and kill each other until only one is left. Than he dies to a real jedi.

Basically
>the good bits, the most silly/bad bits can be eliminated.
that. Stupid stuff's gone, good stuff's in.

>prequels get forgotten

FTFY

Using Michael Jordan to respond to shitposters is not shitposting in and of itself.

I ran a game about a group of Inquisitors, it's totally do-able, there's even rules for playing dark siders. My PC's were Inqs in training, set out on their first assignment to investigate rumors of force users, and kill or apprehend them. Generally they played them as being pretty conflicted about what they were doing, sometimes justifying it bust mostly sticking to the line of "Peace and justice" and all that - not like they knew the Jedi didn't betray them.
One player got into a drawn out fight with a Jedi, eventually resulting in the Jedi healing him up because it's what Jedi do, and lost his faith in the Inquisition, which led to some PC on PC violence in the last session, which was more a battle of words than weapons.

We also had a guy who's usually a moralfag who decided that playing the bad guys meant being stupid evil. He was the sort of guy that was always threatening to choke bitches and the like.

Overall it wasn't anything astounding, but it was fun for being something different and had me GMing investigative gameplay, so it was a chance for me to try my hand at something new at least.