When did this game become such a clusterfuck?

When did this game become such a clusterfuck?

> implying it was ever not

Well before synchro was a thing, it wasn't.

Any players in here.

Nigga what's complicated about that?
>You can tribute continuous cards instead of a monster.
>Immune to the effects of cards of the same type tributed
>can banish a continuous card from your graveyard to destroy a target card

Are you really that much of a brainlet that you need your cards effects to be single words you have to look up?

It was always a clusterfuck.
I'm a player.

It's mostly just the lack of keywords.

If you can't understand what Master Peace does after a single reading I'll treat you as a brainlet and laugh at anything you have to say in your defense.

You mean flavor-wise?, somewhere after they introduced Synchros

>Use picture for thread about the game being complicated as fuck. Everyone talks about one card instead of game

Because your example was fucking terrible, you can't get more basic than fucking Master Peace.

Stopped playing a week before Link was released. How's the game with Link Monsters?

Then give an actual fucking example of an overly complex card?

Fine I guess? Spyrals fucked things up for a while but I think the game's healthier now than it was before.

Same as ever, Links did fuckall besides Konami forcing you to buy them if you want to keep using your old stuff.

Sigh it's more the combos and length of turns. Remember that 15 minute spirals single turn that floated around for a while.

>Sigh

I don't play YGO or have any investment in this thread but just fucking kill yourself.

Maybe I will...

I'm surprised they didn't ban level eater right away

OCG banned it, TCG didn't.

I mean, synchro and xyz aren't too complicated and could coexist. Pedulums and Links got ut of hand because the former got a specific exclusive zone and the later is pretty much mandatory now because you only have one extra deck monster out without it.

Let's get this out of the way.

It began as a parody of MtG in a manga about an edgy kid playing a variety of games. The card game parts proved so popular that everything else was soon dropped. That's why the game itself is silly, incoherent, and basically a babby version of Magic; Japanese publishers had no original concept of the game when they started, they just made stuff up along they way.

The game isn't like Magic at all. Even before the extra deck was a bigger facet of the game it isn't really like Magic. The whole premise of playing cards is completely different. I mean yes it was supposed to be a parody of Magic but it doesn't play like a bad version of it.

It was amazing how ridiculous cards were to begin with. Instead of power creeping up, Rageki, Monster Reborn, Pot of Greed and the like, were from as far as I can recall there from the start.

I honestly don't think they anticipated it taking off as well as it did. The effects of pot of greed, monster reborn, etc are as basic as card mechanics of any game can get. I don't think they had real, professional game designers behind it at the start. They were just emulating what they saw in the manga, which was, by necessity, flashy and simple.

But user, Duel Terminal was the best thing to happen to the lore.

there's a reason why Duel Links hasn't included most of those cards, and indeed has avoided a lot of the more well known potentially problematic cards(like how they have Gravekeepers but Necrovalley isn't in the game, or how they have Zane in the current event but no regular Cyber Dragon)

not to say it doesn't have it's own unique balance issues(like all the stuff lately relating to Cyber Angels or Bamboo Swords)

also on a random whim I decided to give the manga a read and wow Joey & Tristan look almost nothing like what they become, I get the art evolved over the course of it but man that is a particularly extreme example

also Yugi doesn't have a nose for some reason