Entirely aquatic setting/campaigns:

entirely aquatic setting/campaigns:

anyone else play in one? how did it go? any pitfalls to avoid when playing one?

I'm thinking about changing up my game by having a campaign set entirely under the ocean, the possible differences in dungeon layouts and encounters alone are interesting, plus it allows me to change up the usual cliche medieval setting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aK9gY3VLKU4
youtube.com/watch?v=YYz6qMbWpAw
youtube.com/watch?v=UDhCgAoggX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

as much as this is probably just bait for lewdposting, I have been brainstorming ideas for this too. Its even an option in my current hexcrawl. The players find evidence that the merfolk kingdom is planning to invade the surface world (or Drylands as they call it)

because they are losing territory underwater from their rivals the Deepones (octo-merfolk).

the Deep ones are pushing into the merfolk lands because monsters are destroying their cities...why?

because a lich who's body was cast into the sea a long time ago has arisen and is building his powerbase in the ocean's deptths before rising up to retake the world. He goes by the name The Brine Lord and is a coral and mullusk covered skeleton mage lich.

I was actually hoping people would comment, but I don't mind sharing aquatic stuff, I just have mostly mermaids and stuff.

also
>octo-merfolk
pic related?

cool. Well I do need more ideas for settlements and groups among the merfolk kingdomns and Deepone kingdoms.

youtube.com/watch?v=aK9gY3VLKU4
Murmaider
youtube.com/watch?v=YYz6qMbWpAw
Go into the water

Become Brutal

Have a look at Evil Tide my dude
Shauguin Ain't fucking about

CoC can be fun underwater right guys

why does the anthro dude got hooves?
is he having a bad time?

Lets talk merfolk battle tactics and weapons. Slashing weapons are shit underwater, so things like harpoons, tridents, and nets are common weapons. But would they still keep a small knife for cutting things? Is that still a practical tool underwater?

Yes a knife is still viable underwater when you get stuck in those water plants and such, also a heat gun, electricity and even sound is a good weapon, although those are dangerous to use because it broadcasts your locations to all creatures that are far away, tentacles and on touch electrical taser is far safer and can be used to strangle too, a wide range of poisons would be common for most creatures underwater.

I love underwater settings too user, but none use the subsonic vision and communication, I do like me some ordinary looking humans that needs to walk on the ground and can't really swim.

Great Big Sea answered this question definitively.

youtube.com/watch?v=UDhCgAoggX8

I was so sad when Hannah Fraser had all of her topless pix photoshopped like that after she got married. It's hard to find the originals now.

If liches reform on their phlactacey. Then a Lich who hid his phlactacey in the equivalent of the Mariana Trench probably makes more sense than some paladin throwing him overboard.

Once played a fallout pnp game with the waterworld expansion. It was pretty dope, even for a homebrew expansion of a homebrew