Character art for colonial era settings. mid 1700's - early 1800's. grommets, coat buttons, collar folds, epaulets...

character art for colonial era settings. mid 1700's - early 1800's. grommets, coat buttons, collar folds, epaulets, elbow-length gloves, knee-high boots, prussian military-inspired armor, hessian soldier-inspired jackets, priests' robe-sleeves and vampire slayers' stake-holsters, corset-reinforced peasant dresses and sleepwear-reminiscent gowns for angels. and tricorn hats. tricorn hats are love. tricorn hats are life.

Tricorn hates are pretty nice.

So this is basically an Innistrad humans thread right?

that's all i've been able to find. that and AC related stuff.

Hey don't worry, I'm a sucker for all things both colonial and gothic.

I'd want the tricorn to come back in style but it'd just become the next fedora.

This is 100% my jam, and super hard to find art for. Good on you user

Tricornes really need to be worn with the entire ensemble if you're doing it right. At least a puffy shirt and waistbelt.

High collar needed as well if you don't wanna be a plebian.

I got you bro.

>I'm a sucker for all things both colonial and gothic.
Look up the RPG system "Colonial Gothic". Its literally Revolutionary era horror.

>I'd want the tricorn to come back in style but it'd just become the next fedora.
As someone who has to wear a tricorn 5-6 days a week: FUCK TRICORNS. They are the single most useless and bothersome hats in existence. Doesn't keep the sun off your face, funnels rain water, onto your shoulders, and knocks into your musket at shoulder.

You better wear a fucking waistcoat at the very least.

You mean a neckstock or cravat?

Found you, you fuck.
What kit would you recommend if I was trying to make an harness from my favorite setting, *insert your favorite setting*.
And post more in /cgl/, you piece of gypsy trash.
Love you, grope.

>What kit would you recommend if I was trying to make an harness from my favorite setting

Well, first you got to figure out the exact size of the strapon you're going to get pegged with, so you can make sure the harness is stable enough...

But for real, what do you mean?

>Doesn't keep the sun off your face, funnels rain water, onto your shoulders, and knocks into your musket at shoulder.
Is that point-forward, or side-forward?

Shameless self post. Pardon the buckle plate sliding up: The bayonet should be over the cartridge box, but the museum lawyers and ATF get antsy because "what if a spark gets in and we need to throw it off!"

Not that the entire scenario is impossible, but ya'know.

I have some idea to hobnob armor for an inquisitor cosplay I've been dreaming up, but my experience is... slight. I know you have fairly broad, practical knowledge of kit, so I've been looking for you on /cgl/, which you aren't on, and I'm tired of the fucking lolita when I'm not fucking a lolita.
>yeah, that sounds kinda bad
Pic semi related. It's the appropriate time period, at least. Needs more steel breastplate.

Civilian hats are over the center of your nose, and are typically equilateral. Military cocked hats are flatter in the front, with the point over the left eyebrow.

No one wears the full flat over their face.

Pic is a little clearer on the military cocked style. My VA State Garrison regiment uniform includes a fucking boat on my head.

I am on, and in a few threads. Nothing you mentioned sounds like 18thC, and japanese armour is dumb. Hit me up in the larp thread and we'll talk more.

>I'm tired of the fucking lolita when I'm not fucking a lolita.
Work on your etiquette, manners and dancing, and you will. Easily. If my fat ass can, I am sure you could.

>that crossbow

There are a lot of problems with that crossbow design.

Including the on e where it's not a crossbow but a bow-gun?

Brilliant. Any idea what this book is?

Why does she have to have out both swords? Would it not make a lot more sense the flavor of having her kneeling by the footprint and examining it?

Including the one where you invent a dumb term for a type of crossbow.