Why do GMs always complain about players metagaming and using acid and fire on trolls...

Why do GMs always complain about players metagaming and using acid and fire on trolls, when it would be common knowledge spread by the adventurers' guild?

You're making a thread in reaction to a consistent troll thread that gets posted to see who will bite. You bit. You are replying in response to hypothetical GMs with hypothetical metagaming players in hypothetical situations.

I do hate it when GMs act like cauterization is just an easy fix for any bleeding wound.

GM let a mechanic cauterize a missing arm with a blowtorch without any sort of check to not fucking kill the dude.

>I could've just decided to ignore the thread and let it die
>Instead, let's feed the trolls so they stay around longer.
Seriously, hide/sage/report/filter

>REEE DON'T FEED MUH TROLLS
People like you anger me more than the trolls.

I bet you complain about Veeky Forums going to shit too you faggot. Well guess what, morons keep feeding the trolls and the trolls never fucking leave.

It doesn't even require meta-knowledge. If you cut an enemy and they magically heal in front of you your options are pretty much "try burning it so it can't grow back" or "run away."

Why not cut it into a pulp, and then burn it?

maybe u r part of the problem

>they don't teach him not to feed the trolls in his adventurers' guild

Because the GM is a bitch and cries when his cliche ass monster weakness gets find out within seconds.

Would you gonna do when you send a Hydra and they start using fire right off the bat?

>having an adventurer's guild in your setting

Turns out these Hydra require you to freeze the wound site. Fire does nothing. GG.

if you cut a troll perfectly in half would two new ones form?

GM IS OF NOBLE HERITAGE

YOU MUST HIT THE MONSTER REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL GOOD, NOT THROW ACID OR FIRE ON HIM

Yes. Fun fact, trolls asexually reproduce through what is glorified mitosis. A troll limb that is severed but not burnt will absorb nutrients through the skin and gradually regenerate into a whole new troll.

he should have killed the dude that would be hilarious. just hanging on by a thread just to finish himself off

I hope that you'ren't the type that bitches when he meets a troll that isn't harmed by fire or acid then.

I know how to properly deal with a poisonous snake and we don't even have them in my country, so why wouldn't my character know how to deal with a very real, credible threat? This is like expecting someone from Alaska to not know how to deal with bears (shoot them), wolves (shoot them) or the abnormally high number of murderers (shoot them) they have out there.

>NO U!
Nice comeback faggot!

Cauterizing will stop bleeding but the infection that results from it will fuck you up in half the time.

It's more likely both sides would starve to death due to severe organ damage making eating impossible.

nice thread shittard

There are a few reasons I have found.

One being that they feel the application of knowing about the game is a "cheat" that has "ruined" their encounter, because they think the challenge of a monster is constantly playing through the process of trial and error to find what works to defeat it. This is just a simple oversight that usually can be quickly corrected once someone points out to the GM that even if the players are familiar with the game elements, they still have to use planning to enact the proper counter measures (i.e. have done something to have fire or acid in the first place, and have not used it in some other situation which it also would have been helpful for) and still have to take risks while enacting their correct solution to the plan. Some GMs can also be corrected from this behavior by pointing out the "new player that doesn't know shit test" - a method by which any character action can be judged as either being something possible for said no-nothing-newb to come up with in the moment (which "I throw fire at it" literally always is, if there is fire anywhere near the character) and thus always acceptable no matter what player or what character is taking the action, or be judged as literally fucking impossible (not just improbable, or "too convenient") in which case it is not acceptable no matter what player or what character is taking the action - and in that way, not make it absolutely detrimental for the players to ever actually learn the game they are playing.

Another being so deeply-seated as to never be removed from the self-handicapping permanently-bad-to-mediocre GM, is that they read the completely fuck-awful advice from some "back in the day" book that sold them the idea that players must always be assumed to be trying to get one over on the GM and gain unfair advantages over the system and should always be quickly and brutally put back in their place when they get out of line... and they thought "YES!"

>metagaming
>adventurers' guild
Double bait?