>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>The Bloody Hand will point the way!
youtube.com/watch?v=hQGiFWwZJno

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/smEtg
bitsofwar.com/18-legionaries
anvilindustry.co.uk/The-Armoury/Close-Combat-Weapons
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A good crown for an Archon?

Boneposting

it's over the top and quite frankly silly.
It's perfect

Nightmares

Hello, I am working on starting an Alpha Legion army, I am testing the color scheme on some models first. Do you think red eyes or yellow eyes would be better?

>C'mere kid, you want some Alpharius...?
I personally like the red better

>tfw I see all these cool new space marine stuff and I just want to chaos them but I don't want to put the work in to chaos them and wish that gw would just make a generic chaos line

Thicc edges for thicc bois

The edge highlighting could use some touching up in places, and the base just sort of... blends into the model, but overall it looks pretty darn good.

I know that feel user, I really like the look of Chaos but with a semi-coherent army structure like the Sons of Sek but it just looks really lazy if I don't really Chaosify Imperial vehicles

Yeah, I keep looking at the base and thinking it needs something to break it up. Too much space to be so bland

Something as simple as a little flock and some tufts or a little snow would be nice. I usually like to avoid doing my bases in a color that's close to one on the model. Personally I would've done a sandy or wintery base for a model as dark as that, but then again, it is your model, so whatever you like the look of!

Big metal birb is 99% finished. The rest of the stuff('ardcoat the window, and a couple of red gems on the gold bumps with red gemstone paint) goes on after the dullcote which I actually ran out of, so I have to make a run to the hobby store.

I like it, just clean up the sides of your base, you got a little bit of spillover on your texture. I'd love to see that on the other side of te board, ace work mate

Thank you! Cleaning up now. I'll hit it with some black to even out the knife scrapes.

So what's the story with Johnny? Why is he the mascot?

Looks fantastic, especially the red

looks like shit

tastes like... salt... yes its salt.

Add some color to that base.

It's too similar to the model on top of it, and they sort of bleed together. If you add some grass, snow, sand, or basically anything that isn't grey/black, then it'll look way better for basically no extra effort.

I bought the parts(head, shoulder pads, power fist guns) from shapeways and made some more horus heresy style automata.

that's wonderful

And his friends.

How bad or good is my space woof

How much did that cost you? It seems people overinflate the prices for pieces way too much (300%+).

Nothing great but neat models.

for one model, pay one box!

>shipping costs $26
Where do you live? Can't be the US, they do $5 shipping, can't be near/in the Netherlands, they've got an office/factory there... Shame shipping prices are that much.

Finishing up fixing my horrinle bases, modeled them a bit after istvaan 3/5 with pools of runoff from forbidden munitions and such. How would I go about improving them? Gonna add white phosphex fire of greeb stuff soon. how do I make blast/scorch marks in bases?

Can your guy make 6mm Zombies?

Like 20x5?

Working on my Weirdboy, gonna try and make the cloud look like there's thunder inside. Thinking of drybrushing the areas that I want to look like thunder.
Does he look sufficiently 40k-ish?

Damn Australian Orks
Let's try this again

Goldposting

>paying for a wet palette
user I...

Some more dryfitting for spacebeastmen stuff. Something bigger this time.

The sad thing is I can't look at beastmen right considering the furfags at work and at lgs

BIG

Looks like a good one boss, did you wash the skulls?

>Giant mecha beastman
Nani the fuck

Also reposting this from last thread
That is sad indeed. Have you tried purging?
VERY

What's wrong with that?

Still need to get to that, so far that has just been basecoated. Like I said, working, not done.

Yeah but apparently wanting to bring in an industrial nailgun and a kerosene soaked cross is perceived as "perpetuating a hostile work environment." The being sent to sensitivity training didn't help my purgin urges though

One user once told me here "life's toonshort, go big or go home" or something lile that.

Yea that could be an issue.

didn't even make it past the second checkpoint with them. feelsbad

Cyber demon?

Looks fucking rad what are you going to run it as

What are you even trying to make?

Trying mashup beastman giant and riptide together.

imgur.com/a/smEtg

A very much wip gray knight i'm working on. I'm extremely disappointed with it atm. I also glued the tilt shield the wrong way because i am retarded and read the instructions wrong. should i just strip this and start over?

Nigga this is an image board
What the fuck are you doing

It seems like good basecoat, now pick out rest of small details and start shading and highlighting.

Also, what this guy said

couldnt be fucked to resize and crop the image for the people who always bitch about it. I'm drunk as fuck so there thats my excuse.

how fun is epic?
do a lot of people still play it

That's really rad, user
I'm pretty hype to see the final product

literally nothing
hes just meme-ing

Any good sources for power axes? Third party is ok.

How did you do that gold!!

Primaris to MKIV armour to be used as a taller than normal (as is quite common with the AL) Alpha Legion Praetor.

I've posted earlier WIPs of this before ages ago. I work really slow, I blame Total War Warhammer for consuming my life the past month.
Anyway, last time I had tried to use plasticard for the kneepads which looked horrible. I've sculpted them now at they look better. I'm not a great sculptor so they could be better but it's as good as I can do.

Some of the greenstuff is a bit rough so I'll do a little filing and sanding to smooth it all over.

>Any good sources for power axes? Third party is ok.

bitsofwar.com/18-legionaries
anvilindustry.co.uk/The-Armoury/Close-Combat-Weapons

Pretty good!

Tips on making my Wraithlord look better or more impressive? The look I wanted was battle-damaged Iyanden, and right now it just looks a mess.

That's neet. Where did you take those shoulders from ?

Retributor spray, custom mix of retributor and balthasard , wash with nuln oil, highlight of auric armor and liberator

If you kill 500 Genestealers you can unlock the gold shotgun

Any idea of the mix 1:1 or?

>Knightmares
FTFY

Barry brass Knuckles was given a plasma gun but he just seems to keep killing in close combat.

Has he actually been shown how to use it?

>Has he actually been shown how to use it?
That or the Guardsman knows all to well how it affects people and prefers beating people up to burning his own face off with his gun.

He is the longest lived plasma gunner in the Scion army.

How would I go and paint the chitin of my bugs in a lime colour? I am useless at it and the closest I got was some light green with yellow highlights

Forgot the pic

>Kali ma
It's a wee bit heavy for my tastes, but looks good.
Blood int he snow looks great.

They look hella cool.
I'm going to pick up a box to use Inquisitor automatons.
Do they build easily?

I would try a base of Caliban Green, and then layer with Moot Green.

That looks pretty blue to me bud.
Do that, and maybe look into some glazes?

I've tried that with a biel-tan wash but ends up looking greener than I'd like unfortunately

That one is WiP, this is my latest attempt at a sorry finished model

So what are you after?
Brighter/more vibrant green?
Stonger contrast or more extreme transition dark-to-light?
Smoother transition ? It does look a bit chalky in places.

I guess I'm looking for a brighter green since both base colours ended up too dim. I should say that now I am trying a different approach by painting the wings white first before adding the wash so they should end up lighter than the rest of the skin. This are my very first models so I am a bit lost regardless Duncan's vids.

Really nice. Well done.

Ed Edd and eddy, looks like hes talking to his magazine and what not, a very unique model
Eyy my bois in the collab finally

Progress continues

>Eyy my bois in the collab finally

I try not to exclude models where somebody deliberately took the work to make it look the part; the only pictures I've removed are the illustrations, which I've just been shoving in to fill gaps when the model photographs are unusual sizes or shapes.

I *swear* somebody was working on a Tau Fire Warrior Johnny, but if that was ever coming around, I must not have saved it.

Good to see Louise is on board, too. Now, if only Duncan would grace us as well...

Is there any way to safely strip resin?

Simple Green works quite well (a detergent with pine oil), it's rather mild, so it won't harm the resin.

Why do I see so many peoe making alpha legion after I made my first unit of alpha legion?

It's so popular now I feel like changing legions

>It's so popular now I feel like changing legions
go be a hipster somewhere else

strongest trait

Not necessarily the strongest, but certainly the most versatile.
It allows for a lot of tactical and strategic flexibility.

Mostly finished my test marine. Needs chapter markings and a nice base but the bulk is done. Like it but not sure I can be bothered doing more.

Very appeasing model.

more glazes tweaking colour. Next step - making the highlights higher and lightier.

and a helmet

How are you doing that model? Just glazing up from Caliban Green? It looks great.

1/2
this model is the epitome of "I have no idea but I'm going in" for me. I started out sketching the lights with nothing but white and black (pic related)

2/2 these are the colours involved. I glazed the fuck out of the black / white one until the sharp differences started to go away. Shadows are caliban green / dark sea blue, base tone is military green, highlights are military green / moot green / green sky in various mixes. The next step, I think, is some addition of Green Grey to that for more "high" highlights.

Rescue Predator done. Probably won't see play, given how brittle the plastic is, but it let me try out some ideas for when I get around to repainting the other ones.