Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Wristbands Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1NLkIJ1DqqgEziTu6AkN9-ZO5wWkGYZvR/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5 WAYS TO CHOKE ON SOUP + soulblight

Hello, can I just ask how do Batallions work? Do they cost points? The warscroll builder suggests so.

What is the 'meta' around picking such batallions?

They cost points. You pay points for them and run units listed on them so you can get buffs for your stuff. Right now battalions are terrible shit or OP good

Hmm ok. There do seem to be 'batallions within batallions'. In that case do you pay for the first batallion or all of them?

All of them. They are pretty costly right now because GW is terrible at balancing the meta

Keep the criticism coming. It's just me and one other guy in the group that's particularly rules savvy so any suggestions for changes would be welcome.

drive.google.com/file/d/1NLkIJ1DqqgEziTu6AkN9-ZO5wWkGYZvR/view

Hmm, dang. Looks like the cheapest way to make an Alfrostun is to have it cost 4,950pts.

Seems a bit much.

Yeah, the mega battalions are here just for fluff reason

For the King! For the Lord! For the Lady!

So, I just got the rest of the bretonnian collection I bought from my friend a while back, so I'm officially the proud owner of over FIFTY goddamn Knights. And some peasants and some other shit.

So, I built myself a 2000 point list with all the shit I got, and here's what I've got.

GA: Order, 2000 points

Leaders:
>Bretonnian Lord on Pegasus (Relic Blade, Inspiring Presence/Master of Defence)
>Damsel on Pony
>Enchantress with wings because I stuck pegasus wings on her

Battleline
>10 Freeguild Guard (Halberds and Shields)
>10 Freeguild Guard (Militia Weapons)
>10 Freeguild Archers

Units:
>10 Grail Knights
>10 Grail Knights
>6 Pegasus Knights

Warmachines
>1 Trebuchet

Would you dare face the might of Bretonnia?

Bring it on man-thing

Question for BCR players - are there many spare bits in the Stonehorn and Mournfang kits? I really want to make up some themed objective markers for my army but I would rather use spare parts than buy extra bits on secondary market. Also any ideas for BCR terrains? I don't want to use generic ruins covered with snow but they are not using any season houses or camps tho

Help

MW on the charge in a charge-centric force (and armywide, no less) isn't very situational. Keep the neat Favour mechanic (though I'd change the relics and command traits that grant more tokens to instead occasionally grant an additional token instead) and the 6+ FnP (but let that count even in melee), both are thematic and fun.
It's a good idea to bring in demigryph models, but I'd have them with lances and swords only, for the sake of flavor.
Footknights, while not without precedent, feel like they're going against the central theme of the army and should be *seriously* considered.
To be totally honest, I'd take at least one page from the compedium pdf and make all the named characters generic ones instead. Those three have no business in AoS otherwise, so changing them is both fluffy and opens up more character builds.

Reposting from the other thread. user mentioned Chaos Dwarfs suck but I don't really see how. Yeah they're not Stormcast or Nurgle mortal wound firehoses but they seem tanky with good shooting. Plus the models are choice. Can anyone give me some list critique? Are the Kdaii Fireborn worth it? Should I have 20 Ironsworn instead of 20 Fireglaives?

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (100)
20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)
3 x K'Daai Fireborn (160)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 66

In this month's white dwarf, for the new "Legend of the 4 players" thing, one of them is going to do jungle BCR, and I'm quite interested on how it may look

Maybe you could try something similar, an Alfrostun who's end up in some "unexpected" plave running away from they'r everwinter, such as volcanic terrain, desert, jungle, etc

>square bases
FUCK OFF

>Bretonnian Battletome
I love you bruh. Just too bad nobody would ever let me play with homebrew rules

Anyway, I'm a pretty new player, but here are a few things that kinda raised a "red flag", so to say.

>The Lady Wills it! seems really strong, doing 2 MW for each 6 with all your mounts when you charge seems really nasty

>The Lady's Favor tokens should probably be restricted to only being allowed to use one per phase. Also, make a max amount of Tokens you can have (you mention only allowing 6 tokens in some other places)

>Artefacts: Problem I see here is that the Banners are so significantly better than anything else I see little reason to ever take anything but a Banner relic. Inspiring Presence on a 3+ is super useful, being able to say "my whole knight block can fly now" also seems a bit strong, and the banner that gives -1 to hit is pretty much an autoinclude against any shooting army.

Cool stuff though.

>Not squares

pleb

Post GHB17 player here. What made the BCR so good or even OP before the GHB17? How GHB17 actually nerfed them?

DAWI

The MW on the charge only applies to mounted units. I'm thinking I'll have to coin a "Cavalry" keyword for the ability to be tied to. Maybe make it only work on a 7+? Lances and spells can help bring it down.
Demigryph Knights are kind of the new kids on the block, so them having unusual armaments seems to fit.
Same thing with Foot Knights, as the population/reach of Breton people is far larger than old world Bretonnia there's a surplus of disgraced knights and the like.
All of the units are going to be renamed according to the fluff, I just kept the old unit names for ease of reference.

HELP

They don't suck in all honesty, their ranged killing power is fucking great, and pairing a Daemonsmith with one of their warmachines can absolutely devastate alot of armies.

>army of behemots that can charge
>all the other aos armies are shit at countering this, except for naked savage orruks
>who were also overpowered with their arrow spam and a battalion buffing it

So what changed? Can't they charge anymore? Other armies got new shit to counter them?

Yeah the spells/artefacts are the things that are going to need the most work to get right.

Favour Tokens are restricted as you only get one per deployed Breton hero, but yes a definitive declaration of a hard cap would be good. Only allowing one token use per phase armywide as opposed to per unit does sound like a decent way to curb abusive uses though.

Any one have a Pdf of the path to glory book?

Mostly the fact that Battle Brew doesn't work on mounts.

Holy shit yoh stupid nigger spell Battalion correctly or go back to your nasty slav/ooga booga country

I really dislike the AoS battlefields to GW.
they look so boring and not much immersive

small horrible picture but here's the main gate and the smaller of the three buildings next to a guild rifleman.
You'll need a bit more for proper 1/3 table coverage but the mausoleum set will get you a fair bit of the way there.
I also think I'm going to try to cover some of the fences in overgrown vines/ivy so that they provide more line of site blocking terrain.
All in all a good start to a table (more so as I mainly play ressers) and as I got it on sale something I couldn't pass up.

It's in the OP pastebin
Oh right and you can not mix allegiance abilities. So the only way to make them playable again is to change their warscrolls or GA abilities? Seems like point-cost reduction will not help here and as far as I know GW is not making any changes in battletome allegiance abilities

Just play on denser tables, nearing Mordheim levels. Not the open plains of WHFB or Warmachine, but not quite the dense sprawls of Infinity. It also naturally works to tamp down the horde meta while still making movement a little more interesting. Hordes are far more unwieldy and harder to fully engage with, but they also can control terrain a little more effectively as a 40-man swarm of goblins pouring down an roadway, though they also can't bring all 40 spears to bear against a stampede of skullcrushers hurtling down towards them.

Or more less. The fact that the battlebrew nerf came right as they upped the point costs on units didn't help, but reducing points doesn't really do much since your real workhorses cost so much in the first place. A BCR getting freed up 60 points is pretty much nothing at all. Oh, and Stone Skeleton.

They aren't a terrible army by any stretch of the imagination, they just aren't top-tier like they once were. B-tier instead of S+. Still better than Bonesplittaz who pretty much depended on Kunnin' Rukk to have a single retardly cheesy list and still got bopped.

bretonnians are fine

they never got blasted into pointless mini-factions and have coherent keyword synergy.

same reason that tomb kings are fine and why anyone likes either

To whomever asked, skinks have slotted bases.

>BCR getting freed up 60 points is pretty much nothing at all
It's enough to actually run the Olwyr battalion in 2000pts games. I have a feeling that GW will actually do this in GHB18 and call it a day

>implying the dragonlord (buffed by the loremaster) isnt the only thing relevant in that game for you

next time keep the loremaster in the spearman blob where he cant get insta gibbed by any random thing that happens along.

Basically this, tbqh famalam.

Why do I have that exact picture saved but mirrored?

Because it's a perfect picture for Aosg - it expresses all my feelings related to GW politic

pls send me some
i pay

I feel like this is heading in a dangerous direction user

I want my miners and grudge throwers back please GW.

I just want my fucking SC! FEC box delivered to me.

How long are you waiting for now?

GW notified me at the 8th of January that it's coming.

Are beastmen good?

Remember when I ordered a Spire of Dawn box.
I'm living in Poland
They sent it to Italy

Maybe i just play against waacfags all the time but my chaos dwarves have won one game only, against fec. They are missing something to make them stand out, maybe its more battalions. I feel like fw just gave them stats and rules that were mediocre. If your hellbent on buying them atleast include a vortex for the daemonsmith so his spell can actually hit a ranged unit. Also i have to warn you, the models are old which means the molds are old, every warmachine i got required hot water to bend them back into shape, and every troop required pinning on the hands because the contact points were not very good. All painted up they look great though.

I don't know how anybody could buy forgeworld, they put so little effort into genuine quality control.

What nurgle unit should I put in the back?

Is there an army with so bad allegiance abilities it's actually better to pick GA ones?

Again the molds are old, i dont blame them, there probably isnt much demand for chaos dwarves. Quality control may be shit but customer service is top of the line, had i complained id probably have received new stuff for free. A competent hobbyist can correct the flaws easily. Also it was only the contact points for the hands that i had an issue with, everything else about the models were perfect.

>contact points for the hands that i had an issue with

Was it really big gaps or just shitty moldings?

A beast of Nurgle

A shit load of nurglings

Fought Stormcast for the first time.

I never rolled so many 6s.
What delightful massacre!

Praise Slaanesh
O-)-c

I usually dont root for chaos fags but good job putting those jobbers down.

What's the general consensus on seraphon players? Got a start collecting box but I don't wanna be that guy. Hopefully I can play these nigs without summoning!

I think I understand. I don't know what they're missing, because looking at the list, you have some kind of tool for every job. But I also get what you mean by being sort of mediocre. They don't have anything that stands out as 'really fucking good'.

It's either these guys or regular dwarfs and between the two, Chaos Dwarfs are still a lot better rules-wise.

>that guy
It's just a meme - same as SCE players hate. You can end up as "that guy" even by playing greenskinz. Just have fun and don't be a fuckin cunt mate

I think in the sky like a swarm of locus their should be Pusgoyles and Daemon Riders.

In back right their should be a distant GUO with a swarm of Nurglings at his feet with an exceptionally large and sinister grin.

In the front their should be a congregation of either the willing or unwilling.

This is actually a great idea for this. I'll do plaguebearers below him.

Hey that's my dude! Putrid blightking, please. I don't do Nurgle daemons. Looking really cool man!

Oh gotcha gotcha, I'll just do up both, Blightkings, and nurgle demons as each their own image.

Way cool dude. You are doing the grandfather's work.

And remember, the Rotpope loves you

Repostan what's probably as close to a Stillman List for my Freeguild. General with Indomitable and Writ of Dominion. Guard with Sword-and-Board. Outriders are better, but the entire shtick of the list is hyper-aggressive skirmishers. Same reason for taking the pretty much strictly inferior archers for that extra movement out. Chaos doesn't have a monopoly on bloodthirsty hordes of unyielding marauders. And neither does Destruction.

Essentially, the Order equivalent of a waagh. Was even half-considering swapping out the archers for Militia Guard and using those points for 30 extra Greatswords.

It seemed like some resin got where it wasnt supposed to, like there was extra on the pegs or holes where the hands connect. It seemed worse on the fireglaives than ironsworn.

So the issue is that you need more generals, and pistoliers really aren't that great. I'd suggest adding in some Gryph cavalry instead of the Cogsmith/Organ guns because as it is, you don't have much movement on the board.

Something like this, maybe?

Allegiance: Order
Freeguild General On Griffon (260)
- Shield & Greathammer
Freeguild General (100)
- Stately War Banner
20 x Freeguild Greatswords (300)
40 x Freeguild Guard (280)
40 x Freeguild Guard (280)
20 x Freeguild Archers (200)
20 x Freeguild Archers (200)
6 x Demigryph Knights (320)
- Lance and Sword

Total: 1940 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 182

Soon

Why does Settra say "I do not serve"?
He serves the old gods of Nehekhara. He is the first king-PRIEST.

militia guard with the new free people benefits with the infantry companies is neat. can either charge or overwatch with the militia armed guard. 2s to hit and 4s to wound at 14 inches isnt bad while still being able to move without penalty.

Do I still need to pay for summoning in units using Contagion Points?

Yes. No models in Matched Play are free.

You asked it yesterday. I answered you yesterday. You're not stirring up shit with it, you're not making it look more ambiguous by asking. It's already answered in the GH.

Does anyone know a good alternative for skeleton chariots and archers? I don't really like the tomb king aesthetic but I want to run a tribe of celtic Skelleboys and maybe use the tomb kings rules because at least they get some different things over regular deathrattle

It's the first time I've asked this. But thanks for clearing it up for me.

After my Weaver's arm fell off and wouldn't reglue, I decided to just strip the model because it was old and covered in a shitty layer of green army painter from 7 years ago. Then I decided, why dunk the rest of my playable metal models, too? They were all in a similar state of shitty green coat, so here we are. I gotta say, I am shocked at how easy the coat came off because this was my first time stripping any paint. I think I'm going to use an actual grey primer with metal from now on.

death

battlebrew buffed all the stonehorn attacks

the tournament list was a stonehorn or two and a bunch of thundertusks (stone horns hit things, thundertusks throw mortal wound snowballs at things) and you'd take night goblins as battleline because they could fling fanatics out of them which denied charges to the opponent

>shit paintjob
>watermark everywhere

honestly he should have posted it without the watermark, why would you want people knowing you're that shit at painting

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. You definitely loose out on some actual ranged firepower, but 20-man blocks are already just begging to get winged once and lose their bonuses. They're by no means resilient, but they are do vomit out an almost retarded number of attacks between shooting and combat. Not particularly good attacks, mind you, but a very cheap volume of them.

It's why I was considering it, though I do like the admittedly tiny benefit of the free move that archers get, along with their reroll 1's just being passive without requiring any particular number of troops. Archers get 4", the free move, and a more accurate shoot than stab. While for 20 points less, Militia get +1 save, the chance of a +1 to hit, and a more accurate stab than shoot.

Honestly, I haven't really had any issues with a single general. In the midst of a sea of infantry and not mounted, he tends to blend in well enough with his bunker. He's at risk of in-direct warmachines as any other general is, but that's just a risk I take. I also really dislike the Griffon General as a matter of personal taste, and there isn't that much benefit to stacking standard generals. He really just exists to command trait 3 people, to give everyone near him a better save, and buff battleshock with his 24" totem. And on a 2+ save, to boot.

Pistoliers aren't that great, but I'm not really playing WAAC. This isn't a tryhard list but rather my equivalent of Stillman list. Outriders are pretty much better than pistoliers in every metric, but pistoliers can actually do some fairly impressive work on charges as suicidal cavalry bombs. It's true this list isn't as mobile as a full cavalry army or a Destruction waaagh, but with a pair of Huntsmen archers and two roaming jihadi dragoons, it tends to be mobile enough. Demigryphs are hard as hell, but I personally prefer keeping pistoliers and the ranged support of rerolling organ guns.

Post your minis

Thank you. It was my concern after filing away the tabs on he sauruses. I also found 3rd party 32mm slottas, so it will go faster next batch.

>paint comp has prizes
>thinking of entering to try and win something, maybe a unique model or store credit or something
>nah its just a bracelet and a certificate marking you as the prime autist for the region

The certificate sounds neat, but I am not a fan for those "I love soup" bracelets

I would just buy mantic, and use historicals with skeletons attached for chariots.

Does anyone have an ideal 1000pts wanderers list?

Models you like

Sisters of the Thorn + Eternal Guard makes one of the best anvils in the game.

Sisters of the Thorn + Eternal Guard for a living stronghold
Glade dudes for dakka spam

How many of each in a 1k list?

At least three, potentially as high as eight

>tfw you don't even bother writing lists for your army, because you have no clue what your book will have in it.

Although, I do have a question; aside from the Necromancer and Vampire, why would I ever bring a hero aside from something on a big mount?

You wouldnt.

Mounts are absolutely fucked in AoS considering you get them for free and in most cases they are a straight up buff.

Exactly; although, I meant more along the lines of Vampire on Zombie Dragon, or Celestant on Dracoth/Dragon. It seems like lone heros die way too fast.

Basically. As many Dark Age and Ancient games as there are out there, it shouldn't be too hard to find some nice Gaelic chariots. WargamesFoundry, GrippingBeast, or Warlord come to mind. Though even as a Mantic fag, I might actually say stick to GW's skeletons for this project, if only because they have a more barbaric look to them than Mantic's skeletons. Mantic's look more regimental, while GW's look like Gothic warriors.