/cyoag/ - CYOA General

For drives, archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous Thread:

Reposting this so all the most recent updates & fixes are together.
(1/5)

(2/5)

(3/5)

(4/5)

(5/5)

trash from last thread

Neat, look forward to going through this

Looks like I’m going butcher to build some sweet, sweet sexy Abominations

Tanako is out for being a slut and wanting threesomes all the time.
Mothgirl is out for being a NEET, cynical aka an asshole and the vague term "good taste".
That leaves Kaela because Viviene is unremarkable.

>and the vague term "good taste"
whats wrong with that?

someone being cynical doesn't mean they're an asshole, it means they suspect you of being an asshole

given that you apparently have bad experiences with that, i have some bad news for you

I can't decide which affinity to pick. Reaper, Bleeder, and Darkstalker all have their good points.

It means nothing. It's vague. Is it compared to my tastes?
It does mean they're an asshole. I'm sorry you are one.

wow, you sure proved me wrong by demonstrating that im right, lmao

This is an interesting build. You're tapping into the friendly aesthetic of Healer to get in with the humans, which is a good tactic. You'll have to renovate the castle, though, since it'll be made out of bones.

Er, I meant Healer Restoration, my bad.
I'd say, by how you're describing microbiology to me, you could cure viruses, but not bacterial infections. Reviving someone sanitizes them, but not of anything that was already in them before death.
Yeah, don't worry about getting diseased minions. There's plenty of magic to sterilize them.

You have a whole lotta skeletons, which I guess is good for a bleeder, since you can't guarantee the corpses you leave behind will be in great shape.
Ooh, and someone is actually picking possession. Yeah, the demon servant is a bit redundant when you have so many undead under your control.

I hope you enjoy it!

Well, as I described it previously, why not try seeing which category you best fit into? From top left to bottom right: chuuni, sociopath, psychopath, nihilist/edgelord, sadist, Mary Sue

cynic
ˈsJnJk/Submit
noun
a person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honourable or unselfish reasons.

your assumption that this makes cynics assholes suggest you are one

>is it compared to my tastes
it means that she appreciates a wide variety of music and understands what makes music good/bad

Im not big into music, so I cant really elaborate- best i can do is a video game analogy

You proved me right just now. Look, she's bad. That can't be hard to understand.

i dont give a fuck about her

>Ooh, and someone is actually picking possession.
no bulli pls
>Yeah, the demon servant is a bit redundant when you have so many undead under your control.
Well I only wanted her for waifu reasons and that's why I picked Banshee.

What a nice way to start a new thread, you asswipes.

>You proved me right just now
how

>look shes bad
well, youve certainly stated you dislike her- with some reasons better explained than others

>Mothgirl is out for being a NEET
But her family pays.
And think of the fluffy cuddlings.

I just meant that I felt like the ability was being underutilized, so it's nice to see someone pick it.

>But her family pays.
>And think of the fluffy cuddlings.
that also applies to the kitsune

Haha nice try I'm a faggot so I don't pick any of these whores

but you still need a place to live

she isn't a whore tho.

>Yeah, don't worry about getting diseased minions. There's plenty of magic to sterilize them.
I assume you mean "magic that isn't listed as a choice in the CYOA"? If so, then yes, curing someone would probably just be "Artisan Corpse -> cut out any nasty business that can be cut out -> sterilize -> Restoration -> Resurrect", at least for anything sufficiently serious (or expensive/dangerous to do in a less brute-force, temporary-undeath-inducing manner).
>I just meant that I felt like the ability was being underutilized, so it's nice to see someone pick it.
Don't worry, my build will feature it as well (once I get around to actually making it instead of badgering you with a seemingly endless amount questions).

Haven't seen this one for ages.

posting one of the good cyoas from recent times, will post my build shortly after

>I assume you mean "magic that isn't listed as a choice in the CYOA"?
And just to confirm, I meant stuff that's still available to you in some manner, despite not being an option you can choose.

Elf bullying from last thread.

technically neither is the fox

shes free

Yeah, unlisted magic that I didn't feel worth taking up one of your choices. Though it would be something more along the lines of preventing spread of disease than removing it. I can't make Healer Decay completely redundant, so it needs to maintain having things that only it can cure.

Yeah, just minor stuff you don't have to worry about picking. Consider sterilizing as part of the "raise zombie" ritual.

>Viviene is unremarkable.
how so?

Thanks SDA, wherever you might be, your CYOAs were fun and your tutorials taught me a lot.

I'd rather live on the streets

Fortune and Many are OP as fuck.

>I would rather live on the street than in a house with a woman
does being a fag make you retarded

Freedom and immorality are separate by a very tin line. If you are having orgies with your "friends" and you let a random dude who wants to rent the apartment join in you're a slut.

>I can't make Healer Decay completely redundant, so it needs to maintain having things that only it can cure.
Eh, there's always the age-old remedy for any and all diseases (as far as I know): Fire.
Of course, it's (probably) preferrable to just keep them AC'd until such a time when the appropriate medical practices can be prepared for the removal of whatever ailed the person in the first place.

I meant that she doesent get compensated for sex, she does it for free- slut, not whore

Women are evil, user. It will take you a while to realize this, clearly.

>wherever you might be
Hell.

t.issei ryuudou

ill take my free rent and chuuni elf thank you very much

>wherever you might be
dreading over redoing designs that aren't satisfying me

You just run the risk of reviving the infection along with the person. Reviving has to work on bacteria, else anyone you revived would have a broken digestive system.

They make a pill for that now.

That's good why? She's a (wo)manchild.

>implying that isnt cute

anyways, its not entirely her fault

Wow, this CYOA gave me autism.

>pic related

>You just run the risk of reviving the infection along with the person.
What, with the Artisan Corpse thing? That's with the assumption that the nasty business can't be removed with the necromancy business (except Decay's Healer special), so the actual removal falls to proper doctors and such.
And if you meant the fire thing? I'd think that foreign contaminants aren't something that grow back with Restoration.

No, the fact that the human body cannot survive without bacterium

What the word means. Nothing special about her.

It's hard for magic to tell foreign bacteria from native bacteria. It will generally just revive bacteria if it needs to. I'm not gonna say your plan's impossible, but it would take a lot of rigorous magical study to get it to work.

theres about as much "special" about her as there is about kaela or the neet

shes a smug insecure chuuni with an overprotective family

Basically pal, three people told you you're wrong. So get some new heckin' ideas!

being this autistic < just using your head canon

Sometimes I wish SDA was a trip fag so we could know if any of the SDAs are actually him

Sometimes I wish you weren't a butthurt faggot, but then we couldn't see you raging all over the internet

What?

I just want to know if SDA gave up on cyoag or not

Mask of Fortune is hard to beat. A side effect of never making a bad deal is that all of your deals go well and return the investment, meaning you can instigate revolutions in technology, policy, culture... the power is incredible.

aaand done

Well it's never a bad deal for you, so if investment failing gives you more money by having a huge insurance then that's what probably will happen. You could try and instigate progress but the only guarantee is that you will make some money back.

Hard pass. Some of these ladies are close to worth pursuing casually, but none of them really get there for me so I'm out.

all SDAs are me, and i am all SDAs

i'm like 60% done i think. i've got like a few more sleepless nights of this and i might be like 80% done

depends on if i like the end product or not

Why would I buy insurance if my deals never go bad and I'm not after the money? It's not hard to structure deals so that it will either tank or succeed wildly, high risk high reward is kind the thing everyone is desperately trying to get you to do with your money in the business world.

>so im out
on the street and homeless?

Maybe you'd be at the end of your rope in that situation, but I'll be fine.

>I would rather be homeless than have a flatmate who im not in a relationship with

>I'm not gonna say your plan's impossible, but it would take a lot of rigorous magical study to get it to work.
Hence keeping them AC'd until a medical professional has the time to science them better being the more preferrable solution.

Only one of them has any actual say on the matter, though (and ultimately his opinion seems to be "plausible, but you'd need to study up"), and I already detailed another plan (which I also pointed out as being the preferrable course of action).

Look, we get it. You don't know how to deal with a temporary lack of prospects.

To be fair, I wouldn't want to be roommates with any of those people either. Much better to wait it out and get a better place.

>I wouldn't want to be roommates with any of those people either
why?

neet stinks

not you necessarily, some projects have insurance on all of their contracts in order to appease investor, that way if they lose they are the ones losing, making it semi-risk free. Plus there are also other way in which a project could "fail" and still make money to it's investors. You could, like you said, try to make a contract in which you but solely on the success of the project, but it might fail some other way.

only one is a neet

Is the author of this around I have some questions for you if you are.

Does Resist Weakness remove the need for robots to be cranked up?
For Final Form what do you mean by taking souls?
Can you mix and match races when purchasing a crew option?

Viviene - a walking headache with little to offer
Tanako - upsides are useless to me with intolerable downsides
Grusha - probably least offensive of the bunch, but appealing too
Kaela - not really interested in living with a drunk klutz who keeps cats

One can only hope.

>some projects
Not the one I'm interested in.
>appease the investor
Have you forgotten the main point of this option? I'm rich as hell, I am the investor.

>it might fail in some other way
That won't happen, because I don't make bad deals, always make back my investments, and have considerable control over the kinds of deals I choose to make.

*but least appealing, too
forgot word

Every one is shit. Well Kaela is somewhat ok, but I ratter just kill myself and go to another cyoa.

When is the updated fantasy nation builder coming out?

I mean fail in the sense that it wont bring progress to humanity, like you baking the cure for some diseases, but it end up staling and thy keep finding that the task a hand is beyond their capabilities, they will be in debt and you will lost the money. But Somehow they end up discovering a new biological weapon which they sell making you a lot of money.

After he finished his break.

Did Ordion say exactly when that would be? Or did he just leave it at that?

>thy keep finding that the task a hand is beyond their capabilities, they will be in debt and you will lost the money
That is the definition of a bad deal. Besides, that can be easily avoided by pre-signing away any rights to discoveries unrelated to the one you were targeting, and many other methods besides.

Healer
>Decay
>Restoration
>Resurrection
>Crimson Bind
Im sorry for not being an edgy necromancer

>Warde, Sacred Scythe
It really is the best healer oriented weapon and the soul calming will come in handy later

Minions
>Skeleton Dragon
>Wight
>Ghost
>Bone Serpent
>Skeletons
>Bestial Skeletons
Skellies for combat, ghost for company and wight for a combination of the two.
The resurrection ability will be used much more than minions, in fitting with the healer archetype.

I was hoping for an option where I could take the necromancer girl on adventures because she's obviously incredibly lonely and the world is probably better off not under her rule so instead
>Bonus ability
>Iron Cage + it's butcher affinity
Temporary hideout plus non-lethal option in combat, not bad

Adventures:
>Rescue an ally
Should be easy enough, there's always some beloved friend or family member that's injured/ill and on the verge of death. Gain trust then barter for our friends freedom. Alternatively steal her body after they kill her and resurrect + restore her.
>Capture some ghosts
Warde let's me calm ghosts so I calm then stuff in the bag, done.
>Protect my friend
Im not sure what's stopping me from truly resurrecting her but we'll go on grand adventures, fixing problems and traveling the world until her smile comes back

Did I do good enough anons?

That's ignoring the fact that unless the power specifically stops you from achieving anything but money, merely having the ability to undertake projects without losing your principle is enough to push many societal changes through in a short period with little risk.

For example, if no women will ever reject your advances, it doesn't mean that every single one will enter a long term relationship with you either - but it does increase your chances drastically. And then your ability to achieve a certain kind of project (eg: date a blond), even if it doesn't guarantee that you will get to date any given specific blond.

>Did I do good enough anons?
No. The friend needs to be put down and let her go to Heaven. It's not right keeping her locked away like this. Also
>only picking Wight as a waifu minion
You can do better.
+1 point for having both serpent skelly and dragon skelly