Medusa did nothing wrong

Medusa did nothing wrong

>tfw no medusa gf

She allowed herself to be raped by Poseiden in Athenas temple. She got what she deserves for being a whore.

It's Greek myth, man.

Basically no one did anything wrong, the gods were just assholes.

It would surprise me. Those myths had everyone be huge assholes to each other.

It's okay, user, your dick isnt the only thing she'd turn to stone.

save for Tantalus. fuck that guy.

She got what was coming to her once she used her condition to kill other people. Your uncle diddling you as a little boy does not give you the right to eat people as an adult.

Agree

Dumb bitch got raped LOL

Weren't they coming to kill her?

samefag

Maybe samefag

Medusa needs to be the head of a resistance movement to slay the Olympians and bring back the Titans. Maybe we could get Hermes, Hephaestus and Hades to switch sides as they were the more or less decent Olympians.

It could be fun. Find a way of making them mortal and then cut them the fuck down. Or enact some sort of thematic punishment on them. Poseidon as mortal can be hoisted out of the ocean and introduced to centaurs then hung up to die in a smokehouse like so much salmon. Athena can be mutilated and made ugly beyond words before dying of infected face wounds.

If any pantheon deserved a cull it was the Hellenic one.

Doesn't matter if she did anything wrong, she's the archetypal personification of chaos, the primal fear of the predatory elements of nature, and death... That's why she's a snake and a woman.

Sounds like a good plot to a novel, the one issue is that it also sounds very easy to slide into "Yass, Slay Queen!" territory.

Were the titans not assholes? Only thing I know of the titans is that Kronos wanted to eat all his kids and he was too stupid to be able to tell the difference between his son and a rock

To be fair, the Greeks modeled their gods in their own self-image, so they're certainly accurate at the very least. The idea of a story surrounding bringing down Olympus starring all the mythical beings the gods ever cursed that survived interests me. I think if done right and bereft of too much edge it could be pretty awesome.

These pictures prove nothing as they are easily faked. But... There's nothing that suggests any same fagging going on here. This thread is shit and OP should feel ashamed for creating it.

Kronos wanted to eat his kids because it was prophesied that one of his kids would depose him.

>Primal force of chaos and nature
>Sits in a cave waiting for someone to kill her
Stop trying to sound like an intellectual you retard. It's pretty obvious she's just the heroic challenge with impossible to beat powers that some Greek fuck came up with to make his oc donut steel Heracles ripoff seem cool

It doesn't matter, no burly maniac is going to be able to hurt her anyway r-right guys?

>Medusa did nothing wrong
Well, except for Poseidon.

Or it's possible that he was mistaken for a protogenoi of a similar name who had to consume all things (his children and personification thereof) because he was Time and that's just how time works.

You mean no one did anything wrong EXCEPT the gods.

I make no effort to understand the morality of gods from antiquity. Were they assholes? Probably since everything else is. Were they worse than Zeus? Maybe but we will never find out.

They handwaved this themselves by basically saying the gods do whatever and thats just it. The only people to buck this trend and not be completely fucked were directly related to the gods or substantially aided by them against other deities. The Greek pantheon is one of the few cases of a religion where the morality of their deities is completely alien to me. There are times when they seem to assume a moral highground as though they are operating under a code but then they are also incredibly fickle and cruel at every single opportunity.

An out of the way cave you would actively have to seek out and couldn't find by accident.

Medusa did nothing wrong, was punished for it, tried to not be a bother to anyone and was killed by a murderhobo.

>head of a resistance movement

I bet you think your twitter posts constitute an anti-Drumpf resistance too. Fuck off antifa.

A ton of people did wrong things, some even were punished for them, but there's this whole cadre of women and men who did nothing by any standard that doesn't view not being raped or excessive hospitality as virtues that is on the person to maintain.

It's because the Greeks styled their gods after what they thought regular people would be like if they were unfettered by morals, the mortal coil, and impotence. And it worked. They are by far the most believable gods ever cooked up, alongside the Mesopotamian and Indian pantheons, of which the former makes the gods caricatures of the Greek style of things, and the latter is too bound by the D&D style of "god of X and Y and Z so this is how I am predetermined to act" issue.

Gods were totally fettered by morality, but the very weird one where the only things that matter is 1) Hospitality and 2) Not doing whatever Zeus says don't do.

How many thousands of people who did no wrong died at the whim of the gods, without even a note?

Only one of them had snakes for hair but she is hardly unique in her fate of "dying because of some petty shit squabble between the gods" or her predestined role as a pawn in their games. Why cry for her and not any of the nameless men Achilles slew at Troy, or the victims of Circe's wiles?

When did the lore for gogons change form "so ugly to turn to stone" to "qt, but eye contact turns you to stone"?

>you shouldn't talk about this person's wrongful death because other wrongful deaths have also occurred

Alright

Except they defied Zeus all the time (especially Hera) and their morality was a convenience at best, which is exactly my point.

Delete that image OP. I can not feel for monsters like gorgons.

>Sits in a cave waiting for someone to kill her
>ignores the fact that she has snakes for hair which terrifies any primate.
>ignores the fact that she's a woman which make most men anxious.
>ignores the fact that her gaze turns you to stone like a prey animal freezes when it sees a predator.

Brainlet.

I feel as if there are other Greek monsters and deities that could better represent chaos and destruction.

But I’m a psych major so fuck what I know.

>cow gorgons
makes me rage almost as hard as lizard kobolds.

Is this the same artist who drew the penguin boot wizard?

Basically yes.

If you are going to break down the mythology beyond "Medusa was a bitch with snake hair who turned you into a rock and had it coming" then you are playing a fools games. You want to jack off your nerd dick to your insecurity projected outcast hipster "too good for anime" monstergirl waifu from mythology?

>If any pantheon deserved a cull it was the Hellenic one.
Way to show you don't know much about the rest of mythology

>getting anxious from seeing a woman
Is this a new /r9k/ meme?

>those tabs

I'm dead.

>nonhuman
>nothing wrong

When we learned the world isn't full of monsters, but it severely lacks cute women. So we imagine the monsters of old coming around, making our hearts beat and our cheeks flush, and then cuddling them as we drift into another quiet sleep.

I didn't say that the other's didn't, merely that the Olympians did.

There's enough rope to go around.

This sounds like a plot to Return to Theros,
I always suspected that Wizards of the Coast fielded ideas here

Kronos did eat his children, and the one that disposed him was the only one that wasn't eaten.

Carl Jung was big on that kind of thing, try Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious, though I haven't read it. I've also been reading Joseph Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces, he got most of his ideas from Jung, but he breaks down the symbolism and archetypes in some ancient myths as they relate to the heros journey. There's also lectures by Jordan Peterson on youtube that talk about it which are interesting and worth watching if you're interested.

Some mythological Greek monsters aren't purely representations of chaos, like the story of the Minotaur and the labyrinth is symbolic of a ruler becoming a tyrant.

>browses Veeky Forums
>pretends that they've never been anxious about talking to a girl

Sure thing, "Chad".

Yes, I know.

to be fair he probably wouldn't have been deposed if he didn't start eating his kids

i mean prophecy or whatever but yeah

>nerves talking to someone you like =/= mental breakdown at the sight of a woman
Seriously man that's not normal. Fix yourself.

I really have to wonder how many of you folks don't have siblings.

I'm too socially oblivious at this point to detect when people don't like me and too tired to care. Hooray, getting old and bitter is surprisingly making making friends easier.

>Maybe we could get Hermes, Hephaestus and Hades to switch sides as they were the more or less decent Olympians.

There's some novel series where the gods get Hephaestus to make a bunch of trick-question weapons so they can watch humans slaughter each other trying to catch 'em all. Then one of them gets killed and they find out he specifically made them capable of killing the gods hoping for their slaughter.

>the tabs

See, I appreciate a man who takes his time on the small details.

Speak for yourself, hairy. I have a life outside of Veeky Forums.

You know, this wouldn't work the way you would expected. There was a game where one villain wanted to destroy the Tapestry of the Fates, which held the destiny of all men. His argument was "You're heroes because the Gods wanted you to be heroes! You're all pawns in the hand of fate, the way I am! We will only be free if we break their hold upon us!"

The party's Paladin went "Wait, you're saying that it's my destiny to be a hero, and your destiny to be a villain?"

"Well, yes, but..."

Then the Paladin killed him so hard, he never finished another sentence. Just tore into that guy, chopped him into pieces. After that, he went "If destiny says I get to be the hero, I'm perfectly fine with it. I have absolutely no reason to overturn the will of the Gods."

delete this image right now you know the sight of a woman can be very triggering to people

Veeky Forums is a safe place

Many only children tend to be spoiled and have very selfish outlooks on life, as well as being maladjusted compared to people with siblings. Not all, mind you, but I'd say at least half. So it's as good an explanation as any.

Because sexy women are more fun to draw, carve, and paint than hideous hags.

Ha, this reminds me. In our recent game, one female PC slept with Zeus. She'd just completed a quest for him (The PC and the rest of the party are basically proto-Solar Exalted) and when he revealed who he was and made a pass at her, she agreed enthusiastically.

Now Hera's incredibly pissed at her and looking to inflict some horrible fate on her, while she's trying to get the blessings of the other Gods in order to turn the tables on the vengeful goddess. It's sort of like God of War, in a weird way. (For what it's worth, Zeus was the best lover ever, and she doesn't regret fucking him in the slightest.)

>there are humans in this thread right now that would sleep with a monster

>there are humans in this thread

But it was a pun on how Medusa is beheaded and her head used as a weapon.

>For what it's worth, Zeus was the best lover ever, and she doesn't regret fucking him in the slightest.
Which is funny because by most accounts, his prowess either goes unstated or is implied to be not enough to prevent regret. So it's safe to say he's meh at best, canonically speaking. Your DM obviously thought otherwise.

If she looks at all like Sophitia I know WHY he mad that pass though. Goddamn.

D-did you RP the sex?
Did she call him daddy?

Could be worse for her. She might've gotten the minotaur dick.

Another case of deity hypocrisy as if Hera wasn't the biggest whore of Olympus second only to Aphrodite.

Medusa is cute! CUTE!!

Is this Kingdom Death?

I laffed a lot

I'm not the DM. My PC, an adopted daughter of Athena, was invited to join in but regretfully declined.

I love Medusa!

>I swear to the gods, if I hear another "i'm already rock hard!" joke...

relevant oglaf

Medusa was human, she just got cursed by some sort of Warp entity. Or would you side with a self-proclaimed deity against a fellow human?

Yes she did. Athena is best girl.

>so ugly to turn to stone
That didn't make sense even in the original lore. If the ugliness was what petrified you, why could Perseus look at a reflection of Medusa in his shield and be okay?

It was a distorted reflection.

>they took into account their shitty mirror technology in their fiction
fucking pottery Greece a best Hellenism NOW

How closely do you have the petrification hew to the original myth in your games? Death? Suspended animation a la Flesh to Stone spell? Aware of everything and screaming endlessly, unable to die? Aware of everything and enjoying it?

Athena is a victim blaming whore who left her own priestess to Poseidon's lusts, blamed the poor girl for it, cursed her so that she was forced to live in isolation and unable to even keep a pet around safely, then sent some jackass to murder her, going so far as to provide him with her shield and nail Medusa's head to it as a trophy afterward.

I got that reference.

>there are humans in this thread
speak for yourself, I'm a kobold

where is that reference from ?

The stories reflect real life events more often than not. So "Brave guy kills monsters" changed into "Pretty girl got raped and outcast" probably around the time some pretty girl in Athens got raped and outcast and subsequently murdered and then the two kind of mixed over time.

To be fair, its not that big of a deal if one person happens to get fucked by any of the gods. It probably happened before and Medusa's just the only one who got turned into a snake monster because of it. And don't you go shitting in my girl Athena!

Studio Fow.

Yeah it happened to plenty of others, Medusa's just the one who got the worst punishments for being hurt.

>And don't you go shitting in my girl Athena!
>in
Not my thing, but she deserves it so hard I'd make an exception. Hey, maybe Arachne can help tie her down for it, all she did was be good at weaving and look what 'best gurl' did to her for it!

She most certainly wasn't. Hera was cruel and vindictive but it's because she stood by her guns while Zeus spat in the face of her domain. She represents every queen whose husband ever cheated on them and the subsequent shit show.

And the children she had with men other than her husband.

Hera never had an extramarital affairs.

>snake
>chaos
>fear
>In a culture that saw snakes as healing and guardians
>God of medicine is literally portrayed by a snake
>Hospitals literally did snake breeding
>Womens refuges had images of snakes and Medusa's face plastered all over them
Fuck off back to your hole.

>"Yassssssssssss, Slay Queen!" territory.
Fixed that for you.

Oh geez.