/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Custard Pauldrons edition
'Next Primarch when?' subedition.

Last thread New rulebook
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6BMiHMPtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Greetings Imperial citizens. Have you appreciated The Emperor today?

As well as showing that (IMO) the pauldrons are the wrong way round on the models, that image also shows just how different FW & GW's gold paint schemes are. I was obviously aware, but hadn't realised how stark the differences are.

I would assume it is better with the lower AP on the Lastrum guns, though with S4 and S6 respectively the effect on vehicles would never be that impressive anyway.
Otherwise, it's fair to chalk it up to FW being shit at coming up with unique new rules.
As for being terrible against multiwound models, yes, it's garbage. I mean, I guess you could somehow find a single MEQ-grade character running solo without EW and punch his ticket that way, but that seems like a stretch.

Do we still not have the new Fulgrim book?

First painted mini for like ten years. How's that for the Alpha Legion?

Enough to have written my FLGS guy to order a LE custodes codex for me. First time in years that I've done that.

Trimm down both the filesize and your nails, user.

Really fine, user. I would have used a lighter blue, but that´s my taste. Nice work, keep going.

Same actually

Soon

His nails and file are fine you weirdo

Anyone have suggestions for a 2-3kpts Order of Ruin themed TSons siege army? Getting a little bored with my Guard of the Crimson King list

Wonder how that's going to work with the whole "Only 900 available" thing. If random stores get precedence that'll be completely retarded.

Our Valiant Warlord soon

>only 900 available
>one for every custodian that survived the webway war

So if your opponent's taken Horus, the tribune can't be your warlord?

what?

He's a making a shitty joke.

I don't get it.

The tribune can't be the warlord if the rightful emperor of mankind is present on the battlefield, user.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh now I get it, thanks.

>Pre-orders go live in the US 12 hours after everyone else.
>Expecting anyone in the US to get a copy.

But it doesn't say "rightful emperor" it says "Emperor" with a capital 'E', referring to Emperor Emperor, not just any emperor.

I'd deny the use of Tribune purely on the basis that any loyal Imperial should know that the Emperor is ever present, and denying this fact is heresy of the highest order.

>heresy
Big E has faith in you, even after you say stupid shit, he will still belive in you. Don't disappoint him for no reason.

Any advice for assembling Mk III (BoP) backpacks? The two halves aren’t going together perfectly… cleaning that up is going to suck later.

Have you checked all the pieces are meant to go together? I seem to recall that all the backpacks are not identical and there should be markings on them to indicate which ones go together.

how the hell does forgeworld do this gold?

metallic Alphas only! Looks good though m80

Stippling from a dark basecoat

working on scraping away the extremely stubborn Leadbelcher prime after letting them soak in a krud kutter soup for about 5 days.

is right, there are actually two different types of backpack.

Look on the inside of the pieces. Some are marked A, others B, and they must be matched up with the same letter.

Oh, I see. The ‘B’ backpacks have rivets that the ‘A’s don’t have. Matching them up helps, but it’s not perfect.

>But it doesn't say "rightful emperor" it says "Emperor" with a capital 'E', referring to Emperor Emperor, not just any emperor.
Inb4 GW goes full sue and super saiyan in its power level and introduces various levels of Emperor and Emperor level monsterous charactors.

Super Emperors, Golden Men Emperors, Perpetual Demigods, Supreme Senseis, Primaris'd Emperors etc. All capable of being fielded en masse via entire squads and armies so GW can sell lots of hundred dollar Imperial Soup Characters.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Blue Kaiohken X20 Ultra Instinct

In Platoons.

So I’m trying to do some numbers here for my custom company.

If my basic math is correct then a Legion’s 13th Chapter’s 1st Company would be the 130th Company, right?

Or am I missing something?

Depends on the legion in question. They all organize themselves differently.

World Eaters ate them

Maelstrom absorbed the survivors

bugs ate the leftovers

What about Fists?

there's no pattern to the numbering of companies in basically ANY legion. You can make up basically any company number so long as it seems plausible imo.

Like I plotted out a Thousand Sons army set within the 9th Fellowship comprising 9 Circles/companies. Since companies vary in number and the 9th Fellowship wasn't completely present at Prospero, I could have a massive contingent of XV if I wanted.

does anyone have a pdf version so i don't have to use .epub trash?

Makes me feel way better with my 13th Chapter, 1st Battalion/Household, 130th Company having around 150 members.

>reading thousand sons
>that feel when magnus realizes what he did wrong

you poor bastard

How are you posting on this board from the 1990's?

>Even his knee looks angry

>instead of turning himself in and taking responsibility he decides to also let the Sons get butchered for his own crimes
Magnus a shit.

>Realizes he literally fucked over humanity.
>His father will be confined to a fucking chair for the rest of existence just to keep the legions of daemons at bay.
>naturally gives up all hope and just accepts his fate as well as his legions.
>he tries to embrace death rather than live on in a universe he fucked up.

Magnus most flawed/human primarch?

they would have been butchered in the end anyway. it's like you've never read the pronouncement of Nikaea or something

>when magnus realizes what he did wrong
Nothing?

Check the past few threads.

>>when magnus realizes what he did wrong
>Nothing?

>“I see now I have allowed my sons to delve too profoundly into matters I should never have permitted them to know even existed. Let it be known that no one shall suffer censure, for this conclave is to serve Unity, not discord. But no more shall the threat of sorcery be allowed to taint the warriors of the Astartes. Henceforth, it is my will that no Legion will maintain a Librarius department. All its warriors and instructors must be returned to the battle companies and never again employ any psychic powers.”

>find out horus is a traitor years before shit goes down
>instead of having an astropath send the message, or telling dad in person, fagnus decides to do what he was EXPLICITLY told not to
>accidentally blow up dad's new toy summon daemons which the custards have to deal with

I think the IF flavoring would be more like:
- 13th Household/regiment
- 1st battalion (1st out of 2 or more companies)
- 130th company (company designation doesn't matter so much, it's just a serial; they could be paired with the 91st or whatever)

at least that's what I'm getting from the book. Could be wrong. Obvs FW keeps it sorta vague on the legion numbers so you can always fit your dudes in.

>Listening to Chirugeon as I paint models
>Scowling the whole time because of what’s transpiring
>GF asks if I’m ok and that I look frustrated and I tell her I’m fine
>Me internally feeling disgusted by Fabius

Honestly, fuck Fabius. This audio story gives such insight to how despicable he really is.

What time DOES GW put up their preorders?

Midnight, usually.

So, which legion-specific terminator unit is the most useless?

I look forward to the fluff. I don't care much for the rules.

You already posted the most useless but the justaerin are the most hideous. At least the phoenix guard are pretty.

What did he do?

- most useless: Phoenix Guard
- most boring: Laerneans
- most bullshit: Sekhmet Cabal
- most hideous: Vargyr Wolf Guard

>Putting brothers to death instead of trying to save them from gene degradation
>Had the gene problem himself but instead put his best friend's name on the list of names instead
>Turns said best friend into a mindless servitor/astartes mix and mocking him
>Experiments on other EC without telling them and testing results
>Sees everyone as beneath him and refers to his work as more important than anyone elses
>Previous gene mutation is stymied via elixir drink made from other Astartes that only temporarily fixes the problem

The list goes on but he's basically a huge piece of shit who becomes so obsessed with his work that everyone but him is just a means for something and he can't even recognize others as living.

Wait a second, you’re telling me Fabius Bile isn’t a stand up guy?

He basically is shown as always irredeemable. Just a ticking time bomb.

Is that you Gatsu-kun ?

Bill is just Mengele in 40k without actually benefiting the wider humanity
No shit he's a monster

>He doesn't get what user is even implying
>"Duh he's a monster but the origin of a monster is even horrifying"
>"YEAH AND?"

Wow, that's a bit much.

Wow, so that's why he's so close the emps.

Seriously? I really fuckin wanted one

Talk to your FLGS, they often can secure a copy ahead of time, if they really want to.

Well the preorder starts next week so...the 22nd? Or as in today/tomorrow? I can ask the guy at my local shop but last time I tried to preorder a LE Codex he forgot the first week and I missed out on it sadly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6BMiHMPtI

What is that gun supposed to be?

Can't speak for the rest of the world, but in continental Europe the GW orders are often handled Monday or Tuesday, so I'd talk to the guy as early as possible. Browbeat him into doing his orders soon if you must.

TL adrathic destructor, aka proper, terran-made martian deathrays.
12" S5 AP2 Assault1, Armorbane, Instant Death, Get's Hot!

Roger, he normally does orders on Monday but he won't be open until 1500 Mountain Time in the US, so I hope I can roll in or call him up and harass him about it. I really do want one, and I pretty much shop with him exclusively. Maybe I can guilt him a little for missing out on my other LE codex. I still play there a lot and the owner is cool, it just drives me a little mad when he forgets shit at times.

Quick question anons? Does anyone know the specifics of what happens to a custodian when they are crippled and unable to serve, yet not so much to justify Entombment?

They can give up their armor and stuff and have their names inscribed onto the wall as though they died, and leave Terra in exile. It falls under the 'If they no longer feel fit for service," which I doubt happens often but it was mentioned, so I think that might be an alternative.

Not sure if there's any Custodians that could really be THAT crippled, cause they have pretty much the best access to wargear and tech in the Imperium of Man.

Several options:
- The custodian's body knits it self together slowly; for the time he's put to handle some of the lesser duties like prison guard, which happened in one novel at least (though it feels odd now, to be frank).
- Euthanasia; in The Emperor's Legion they ran out of dreads after the Sack of the Lion's Gate and in Magisterium there were quite a few survivors of the War in the Webway that had to be put down later on account of the cankers inflicted there.
- Extensive replacement bionics or artificially regrown limbs and organs; custodes biotech and cybernetics are top-of-the-line hand-crafted masterpieces, getting patched up that way should be easy enough. After the War in the Webway they managed to get hold of enough gear and material on resource-starved Terra in such a short time that the surviving Talons were technically combat-ready by the time of the invasion.
- Get put in a poorer chassis. Baseline Contemptors are kinda shitty by custodes standards, but they'll still put in the work and it's better than the alternatives.

There seems to be 1 user that keeps posting who hates being able to turn pages

>Shit, posted too early.
- Leaving in self-imposed exile. Happens apparently on occasion, though the circumstances aren't exactly clear.
- Stop going on patrol and focus on their studies. Not mentioned explicitly, but implied a few times. With each custodian being a highly devoted scholar of some aspect of culture or history or some such there is still plenty for them to do, though I suspect each of them would still pick up a sword if the situation called for it.

Thanks, planning to maybe make a "counts as" chaos army, themed around such potential unfit custodes, and maybe some people they pick up along the way.
Tzaangors and old models, should be fun.

>chaos custodes
Ughh.

>chaos army
>unfit custodes
That sounds fucking awful.

Nasty. Has Forge World ever said if they plan to give 8e rules for any of the HH stuff? (Like the SoS/Custodes stuff that would still be about in the normal time period)

No, fuck off.

Might as well go whole hog and make Chaos Sisters and Dark Ministorum allies.

The exiles are still 100% loyal to the Emperor, it's hardcoded into their genes, they would just go around doing other stuff that benefits him.

None of what you wrote makes any sens though? Why would custodians go chaos? Why would they accept mutants? Why should they do any of the shit you wrote?

They become the emperors chefs

No. Just no. This has to be bait.

>Might as well go whole hog and make Chaos Sisters and Dark Ministorum allies.

I mean, I'd love to finally see Miriael Sabathiel turn up as a chaos special character. They are kinda really, really short on non-marine chaos characters.

Some of their custodes stuff will get datasheets, apparently. Galatus and Achillus are safe bets, as are Sagittarum and Aquillon. Their hover vehicles and super-dread are sort of up in the air, though.
I'd expect the Adrathic Destructor to be 12" S5 AP-3 Dd3, for example.