Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Wolfing your wolf since 1993 edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/14/next-weeks-pre-orders-golden-legion-goes-forth/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=XM7uJNQmBBM

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wyOOG5EObQ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1rd for chaos

second for "nothing wrong"

Sigmar and 40k should cross over more for shit outside of chaos.

would help GWs sales for both games.

Quick 500pts skirmish list, what do you guys think?

my dudes > your dudes

Why did you have to remind us?

nth for why are astartes sniper rifles so shit?

CUSTODES READY TO WRECK ALL YOUR SHIT!

What will their army trait be? Im betting on army wide +1A when outnumbered or something like that.

>tfw it actually feels like a long time now

>Custodes Codex leaks when?

Best CSM Terminators loadout?

Magnus is the best best primarch

neet info graph

Best army builder
Still dead
Still no GW one
Battlescribe is still dogshit
GW is still jews

Make way for the Emperor's Chosen!

youtube.com/watch?v=wyOOG5EObQ4

All combi plasma / mark of slaanesh

1. all sniper rifles suck
2. because characters are special snow flakes that gw doesn't want to be easilly killable
3. besides characters with sniper rifles or special rules, they can easilly snipe other characters

No, better to keep the lines distinctive. Chaos only barely works.

>tfw still no exodus like dude in 40k
stealth legion my ass

Transuranic Arquebuses are good

Fuck WAACfags for ruining Shadow Spectres and Dark Reapers edition

22nd for Maugan Ra's Edgestravaganza

Why do people think that low point games help newbies learn the game? There's not enough variety or skill involved in anything lower than 1500. Listbuilding is like the most important part of the game, moving/shooting is easy as shit. You'd be much better off making a 1500 point army for them and then explaining its weaknesses and strengths.

I'd actually prefer to have things kept separate.

If I can get all of the same models across two games, it just comes down to which plays best.

I'd rather have a greater choice of models and aesthetics across two distinct games, even if one doesn't play as well as the other.

because scouts are already cheap, tough, troop with special deployment.
Making them also able to wipe out tougher characters with ease would be a bit much.

See ratlings, see rangers.

Make scout snipers Elite.

They will nerf Dark Reapers 2 weeks after CD codex drops and Maugan Ra will never be seen on the table ever again.

Source: FLG stream

It helps practice keeping track of units, objectives, activations, and weapon profiles. Its also easier to start at 500 versus 1500 based on model count alone

Did you decide to go with that choice then?

That seemed the most viable of the ones you posted

because the stuff you''re using doesn't blow the fuck up instantly, so you can actually understand how it plays.

its also faster and a lot more fun.
a quick amount of 750 games can help narrow down what your favorite playstyle is like.

Make Scout Snipers Elite
Give them BS2+
Give sniper rifles AP-1 48"
Increase PPM to 15

Fuck that

had these dudes sinse 3rd and now they're finally viable. I don't want some asshole waac fags ruining this.

>learn the game
Its more about familiarization with the new rules, how your units work, what they do, etc.
Starting a small game with a complete newbie is alot easier to explain whats goig on, rather than throwing them a 2000 point list and telling them t roll with it.

Too bad mate. A few people fielding 40 Dark Reapers is apparently enough for GW to drop the hammer.

500pt games can be used to demonstrate the base mechanics while only having a few units and overlapping interactions to work with.
Doesn't show the full game really, and you only should do it for 1-3 games to get the vary basics done.

1000pts are enough include basic troops plus a few add on, and a couple interactions between units, and enough that you can actually play to the mission.
Helps learn the next level of rules, missions and army interaction, introduction to speciliazed troops.

1500pts is where the real game begins, but your assuming that because you've played so many games the stuff you learned in the first 5 games is just automatically known. The base rules take time to learn, especially if new to war gaming in general.
Those first 5 games being at lower point levels is useful. You can cut it down to 1-2 games if they already know at least 1 GW wargame.

You called?

opponent is running this.

I have the actual list builder saved on my comp as the software was released for a short while by the creator

Fuck

Hate how they will nerf those dudes but can't be assed to buff the rest.

so a completely new unit that does a very different thing.
How about we don't do that, and if you really want there to be an elite anti-character unit, you make that a different unit, and give that a different gun.

Can you imagine how mad Khaine is right now?

Chaos/imperium soup and Tyranids will be the top 3 armies for a while.

Who is the best loyalist chapter and why is it the Dark Angels?

bleh, GW is really going to town nerfing eldar.
bet they're nerfing alatoic next.

as someone who always wanted to play Howling Banshees and Fire Prisms, I can say that they did buff the rest.

Banshees not elite marine killers, well unless you buff them up with warlocks, but they're really cheap and fast, and take an actual melee unit to kill in melee. So they can actually do work.

Fire Prisms feel worth their points.

Oh, and scorpions and hawks are okay now too. And Dire Avengers aren't massively overcost and give you a decent cheap troop option.

Ultramarines

You wish you were as loyal and as stylish

relative to early stuff maybe, but they're still weak as paper.

I'll give you fire prisms though.
dire avengers still need bladestorm.

share with the rest of the class?

He's definitely the most interesting.

yes but Ultramarines

Don't they have some crazy synergy with buffs? Like exploding hits on 5s and +1 to wound with crazy movement like genestealers.

Salamanders

you know thats pretty neet, dunno if its really that useful as battle scribe.

None of these points are correct so this is less than worthless unless you play 7th

I would like to 2nd the motion to share this information so you can free so many people from using shitscribe

Seeing as the Average Custodian is already better than an Indomitus Terminator what kind of stats/abilities are we likely to see on the Allarus Custodians that go beyond their regular brethren?

if you double buff them with two warlocks they explode on 5s and have +1 to wound (which goes up to 4+ to wound)

lots of setup for something thats easilly done with any other eldar unit.

That'd be a good basis for a B E G O N E T H O T meme

So between the three of these, which justifies it's points cost better?

Chadnought definitely, twin gatling is actually pretty good

my hopes is more wounds and a feelnopain-like ability, maybe even -1 to wound from small arms.

Or give me the old 2d6 terminator save rules GW you jews

AP-5 axes
T5
W3/A3
2+/4+sv
I5

Codex news soon, so don't know why no leaks yet

I'm excited to see

the one with the codex

I figure if normal marines have one wound and normal terminators have two wounds then Custodian Terminators likely have four wounds compared to a normal Custodian's three wounds.

they're cheap as shit now.
Don't expect them to go on a killing spree.
Expect them to get into the enemy line, and disrupt this for a turn, possibly getting you a few VP in the process.

No the greatest, and don't meet the bar of "being the best value for points in top competive tournaments".
But they can actually do a job without taking a massive number of points.

>need bladestorm
not really, they do pretty decent damage, can from shoot from turn one in most cases.

well yes, if you pore everything into them.
The crazy movement they get for free.
just Empower gets them to wounding lot of things pretty decently, which is a more practical level.

first turn charges are pretty hard for most things in eldar.
Banshees can do it, vary reliably for 1 cp. In the backline against the right list.

More like 4-5 wounds and some way to either generate extra attacks or just straight up have more attacks since the devs said they shred hordes

>each model has anti pyscher shell
>they can roll to deny one pyschic ability or they can negate one mortal wound per model per turn

2+ 4++ T6 W5

>first turn charges are pretty hard for most things in eldar.
quicken warlocks can slingshot anything and anything with deepstrike naturally can have a warlock webway or (relic) and quicken them into charge range.

not that hard imo

>need bladestorm
Sorry I didn't mean they need it, I need it.

You make me laugh

Disagree, but respectful opinion

>I5

Iniative is gone tho

so since celestine will be available seperately for pre order next week does that mean that technically Sisters did get a release in january after all?

Dark Angels were so cool before the robes shit.

quicken is 7+ and once per turn.
And I like to have that to get something else in, namely getting my fire dragons onto the heavy target.

5 man aspect squads and 2-3 wave serpents give you a lot of options in how your army deploys, AFTER seeing what your facing.

They were some what viable in the last edition as they wrecked armies that were reliant on jink saves.

They could still be viable if it's a minor points hike

Points are all wrong mate

Also Dire Avengers are hot garbage, and your arny will disintegrate as soon as anything gets into CC

I'm hoping that all Custodes will have the 'Fight first regardless of charges' rule.

hey guys, I just got the Daemons codex and was looking at trying to Re-evaluate my Slaanesh daemons. Seems like they got a few quality of life upgrades in the form of strats (good god the insta-deepstrike looks glorious with a squad of 30 daemonetts) but are mostly unchanged. The Exalted chariots are still gonna die to a stiff breeze, which is a shame considering I own 3.

Anyway topic at hand I currently have 2 keeper of secrets, 3 daemon princes, 60 daemonetts, 16 seekers, 4 fiends, 3 exalted chariots, 2 soul grinders, and 30 furies (though if pressed I could always just run them as another squad of Daemonettes) obviously I want to get to combat as quickly as I damn well can but I'd love to get some suggestions on how to do so.

Ah, more reasons to make Slannesh people cry, perfect

really looking forward to getting a squad of these

I want to paint them in the gold that forgeworld uses for their cuss toads but I have no idea how to achieve this. Any ideas?

WHY ARE MISSILE LAUNCHERS 25 POINTS??????
They should be like 15, 20 at most. I don't know why GW always thinks any weapon with a multi-role function is almost always over-priced.
P. fucking S. - Cyclone missile launchers used to be my favorite thing to put on terminators -- 50 points now????

I still haven't figured it out. To be honest though their gold starts to look kinda shitty on vehicles imo. It looks like they went a little overboard on the burnishing.

Just email FW asking how they paint Custodes, they generally answer those questions and its very likely they are using a non-GW paint, they used to use Tamiya until GW updated their color range.

Ponies are for little girls and 40k is for little boys.

Not falling for this one again, I've been banned by faggot mods just for making fun of horsefuckers before and that somehow counting as discussing the show

Because mixing two types of autismal cancer does not make it better

Like what? Nothing else would fit.

neck (you)rself

Minotaurs

>cuss toads
you sicken me

Iron Fists. The Out is Weak!

Because no one likes self inserts, MLP (if they're normal autists), or crossovers in general

>loyalist chapter
>posts traitors

If i have my normal detachment set to Armageddon, and take a supreme command detachment to get a regiment on my super heavy, can i make it tallaran and the like? I've gotten conflicting thoughts from my local guys but they already hate this list

>The most loyalist chapter is the one that kills them