Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Memorial Edition
What does your character want on his headstone? How does he want to be remembered? Does he want to be remembered at all?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/Magus/magus-arcana/super-genius-games-magus-arcana/enruned-great-weapon-su
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Page 3 again, motherfucker.

A: Just wants to be remembered as a good man, maybe even good enough to make up for his family's mistakes
B: Would rather not be remembered at all
C: Remembered warmly by those he holds most dear. Maybe bringing a smile to their faces when they remember one of the ways he used to make them laugh.

That pic reminds me: are there stats for lorica segmentata in Pathfinder? If not, how would you stat them?

Fuck off Sleep.

Reviews when

Reviews when somebody puts up a game worth reviewing.

If a magus has the wand wielder arcana and the weaponwand spell, can they two hand a weapon with spell combat using the wand embedded in the two handed weapon?

Fuck off. (((reviews))) are cancer.

Who would even be reviewed?

We've got four recruiting games, ranging from 13 to 25 apps each. Pick one or two?

How do you fuckers stand playing this shit?

The power of friendship, personally.

Every other RPG that people actually play is worse.

Ease of finding groups.

Is 14 str 18 dex too noodly for a Finesse Magus? Granted I gestalted with an SoM class and got double Finesse Fighting but I wonder still

>Every other RPG that people actually play is worse.

5th Ed is better than Paizo's tangled mess of dog vomit on a page.

It really isn't, now fuck off back to your own thread and stop whining about people liking something you don't.

Cool
/5eg/ is that way, by the way

Copious amounts of third party, and not playing core classes(which are all universally broken).

Anyone here have experience in running a one-on-one game before? I'm looking for tips.

If an outsider uses their natural weapons or unarmed strikes, it bypasses DR of the opposite alignment, right? So if an angel went full kung-fu on a demon, their fists would go right through the demon's DR/good?

so is this idea retarded or no

>be spheres of might class that uses Lancer sphere really
>have buddy summon a cacodemon while you're fighting angels
>use impale on cacodemon
>use Ragdoll swing talent to use cacodemon as a weapon
>challenge angels using your ultimate technique
>Daemonic Battle B-Ball
>dunk on the angels

This could be the best or the worst idea I've ever had

What's with all those bald Romans?

You're (((cancer)))

>5th edition
I think fucking not.
>lol no BAB everyone gets proficiency
>literally no penalty for wearing heavy armor without proficiency unless caster
>almost no feats
>one of the PHB feats breaks Perception
>aside from ability scores and "proficiency" bonus no numerical bonuses
>just advantage/disadvantage
fuck man just play a video game if you're going to be this basic

I played in one before, a hot tip: suggest that the player be a pet class of some kind. Or gestalt. Or gestalted with a pet class.

Ok, so I've got a character that I'm trying to come up with a class progression for. Basically, he's an unarmed non-monk pit fighter type whose grandfather a previous character of mine was also a pit fighter who ended up making a deal with a demon for enhanced combat abilities, and I want this to be reflected in my character as having an "infernal" bloodline. Would I be best served just going with the Unarmed Fighter archetype and then multiclass into pure Sorcerer, or is there a hybrid class that would suit my needs better?

>>literally no penalty for wearing heavy armor without proficiency unless caster
As opposed to PF where heavy armor is more of a detriment than an actual fucking benefit because AC is a joke and it cripples your mobility and skills?

Like, I hate 5e, but come on.

VMC Sorcerer or Eldritch Heritage.

And don't forget, the most obnoxious fanbase in the hobby. What's with 5aggots needing to evangelize for their shitty game everywhere?

Bloodrager.

Fighters can reduce the penalties, there are traits to reduce said penalties, and you can even get masterwork/enchanted armor to be more comfortable and further reduce ACP.
But having Joe Regular just wear platemail with no penalty is fucking stupid, if you aren't trained in wearing it effectively you shouldn't be able to wear it effectively.
I have no idea, my brother and I find it the most boring system we've played, barely any customization available to players.
Then again we never even played 4th so I dunno.
I guess our favorite is 3.5 but that's because we fucking love how complex it is

Might be because 4e was so terribly received.

A mix of and enjoying the character building process because of all the options, even if most of them are bad. It might be some kind of Stockholm Syndrome.

Pick your player carefully. I tried running a one-on-one game once before and had realized by the end of our first session that it was not going to work.

I too have learned that heavy armor is for chumps. It's the mithral chainmail-djezet skin-spidersilk bodysuit-haramaki only lifestyle for me! That's a lie actually, I unironically wore Bracers of Armor once.

>all these heavy armor haters
Sometimes I like to be the dude who has more steel on his body than he weighs. Although, there needs to be more feats that give bonuses based on ACP.

>Fighters
This is PF, they're trash. 'member?
Don't get me wrong. I like the IDEA of wearing heavy armor. But it's chump tier until you're high level and can afford mithril fusing plate or something.

>feat every level
>on top of weapon mastery and armor training
what?

Fighters have gotten better, but they're still kinda crap

Are you being serious right now? Feats don't replace actual fucking class features. This is 3.5 optimization 101, man.
This. If you power game the fuck out of them, you might get something "okay". But at that point you could have been a Slayer, Barbarian, Vivisectionist Alchemist, etc.

No one asks fro reviews unless they want someone specifically to be reviewed

Or they're a DM trying to drum up fake buzz for their game.

With the martial feats they can take and the weapons they can wield they're not terrible.
Only faggots optimize for max whatever, build a character not a murderhobo.

Spell Combat requires one hand to be empty. If you can do 3pp stuff, there is this cool arcana that allows you to two hand a weapon while doing spell combat. d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/Magus/magus-arcana/super-genius-games-magus-arcana/enruned-great-weapon-su

I am just surprised there is not a legit 1pp archetype that allows magus to use a 2-handed weapon while using spell combat. Paizo, that is a legit free idea. Sack spells to enable the guy to be a more hitty instead of zappy.

>this entire post
Oh, no. It's retarded.

Well Wand Wielder lets me use a wand with spell combat, and Weaponwand puts the wand in the weapon.
So wouldn't that let me do it by RAW?

So I want one of my apps to be reviewed because I'm an attention whore. What a novel concept.

Ruins of Azlanti was already reviewed. It's a rando roll20 game with Adam in it.
Council of Thieves is lolHighSchool.
Skyfall is a ruse cruise.

A. Simply put, he hasn't really thought much about it.

B. If he isn't remembered as a hero, he at least wants to be held in good regard by those closest to him.

C. He wants to be remembered as the man who fixed the Fading Lands.

D. He doesn't care if he's remembered or not. All that matters is if he gets that life of luxury he desires.

E. As long as he secures a future for those who deserve it, he doesn't care if people remember him or not.

>building a character based on stats and not personality
Oh, no. It's retarded.

No not really. Wand wielder basically allows you to replace the spell component in spell combat. It does not replace the "the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components)" stipulation. Weapon wand just allows you to be more flexible. Without weapon wand, you would need to juggle dropping or putting away the wand if you wanted to do normal spells.

Example: Jimmy is fighting a big bad monster. He want to make sure he hits the monster. He has Wand Wielder so in his left hand he casts True Strike and proceeds the smack the monster with his right hand. His left hand is not "empty" for spell combat but the wand acts like a spell component or whatever. Next round he want to give the monster a zap so he wants to cast shocking grasp which needs somatic components. Shit, his left hand has a stick in it. He can either waste a round putting it away or drop it. Jimmy drops the wand as a free action. Now his left hand is free to get the static tingles. Proceed to do the bread and butter combo as is your right. If you want to use your want again, you have to waste a turn/move action to pick it up.

Whole up, Jimmy was smart and now has weapon wand. Let's go back in time when Jimmy wanted to cast the shocking grasp. Because the wand is in his sword/right hand, it is now free to get all tingly. If he wants to use the wand another round, he casts it (still has to keep his left hand "free") and can proceed to not miss due to True Strike.

Ruins was reviewed? That's cool, gonna have to go back for that.
If Council of Thieves is lolHighSchool but not a ruse, might be fun to look at.

But the weapon counts as the wand for all purposes so if I'm holding it in both hands I'm holding my spell component.

>highschool council of thieves
Persona?

The GM specifically mentioned P5 in the intro post yeah

>Ruins was reviewed? That's cool, gonna have to go back for that.

There is literally nothing in Pathfinder that mechanical indicted your personality. That's all fluff. Fluff is mutable and changes from player to player. Optimizing a character has nothing to do with fucking fluff. You're engaging in the storm wind fallacy and probably just trolling. A character being worth a shit mechanically does not magically sap any "personality" away.

thanks

No it doesn't, but you should choose mechanics that fit your characters personality not change your characters personality to fit the mechanics

Is there any FIRST party way to play a class that augments itself with machinery, or otherwise permanent attachments.

>Looking at legendary talents
>Oversized Weapons: You may wield weapons sized for creatures 1 size larger than yourself without increasing the effort required
>Titan Legendary Talent from Brute sphere: If you possess the Oversized Weapons legendary talent from the Equipment sphere, you may wield weapons of any size without increasing the effort required (i.e., you do not increase the weapon’s category by 1 step from light to one-handed, one-handed to two-handed, etc.), though you still suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls for each size category the weapon is larger than you.
>Ragdoll Swing: As long as you have martial focus, you may use a creature you are currently impaling with a wielded weapon as an improvised weapon of that creature’s size, taking no penalties on attack rolls for doing so. This talent does not allow you to wield a creature of a larger size than you normally could wield as an improvised weapon.

So guys, if I have these talents, can I, as a medium-sized creature, impale a Colossal-sized creature, i.e the Tarrasque, some of the Kaijus like Mogaru, or something like a Blue Whale, and use it as an improvised colossal weapon?

Fuck off Sleep

This. Remember all the fake buzz for "reviews" back in November? It's a goddamn sham.

PM the DM or somebody you know.

There's a Brawler archetype from...I think People of the Wastes. But it kind of sucks.

>No it doesn't, but you should choose mechanics that fit your characters personality
No options like that exist in Pathfinder though.

Somebody having power attack has no bearing on their personality and people of any class or build comes from all walks of life. The only times this shit remotely intersects is when we talk about deities and shit and feats like Deific obedience.

Just play a "character not a build"is an shitty fucking RPG platitude that doesn't actually say fucking anything. It's the "just be yourself dude" or "sticks and stones may break my bones" of RPGs.

>skyfall GM claimed he left the country
This is hilarious.

Uh, is 14 str too low in general for a finesse magus for damage if my damage is weapon + x1-1.5 Str + x0.5 BAB + whatever spells I added with spellstrike? I do get full BAB though

Certain feats are a representation of your knowledge, training, and abilities though.
I'm not saying don't pick feats that make your character strong, I'm saying don't write off a class or option because it's not the best option because that's how you get a party of bladebound kensai wielding keen vorpal scimitars.

I'll check it out thanks! I'm not too concerned about optimizing, but if it REALLY sucks I'll reconsider

Hey man, I flew like 2000 miles away from home in the middle of recruitment

And I didn't bamboozle

Then again, I still phone posted for that week

>I'm saying don't write off a class or option because it's not the best option because that's how you get a party of bladebound kensai wielding keen vorpal scimitars.
>he thinks any of those things are "the best" in any way

I forgot my image, fuck

I know it sounds shitty but you can only one hand that shit in spell combat. "while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand." You would have to get this check by Paizo if this interaction allows it but I don't think it does.

But you can use spell strike with 2 hands at the very least. Just not spell combat. So you could on your turn, cast a spell/wand, walk up to an enemy and 2 hand smack that fucker.

After an extensive search, it looks like there is only one archetype that allows you to have your hand not free. Eldritch Archer can use a 2 handed ranged weapon.

Then again, you can always ask your gm to allow you to 2 hand that light/onehanded weapon with this combo.

best crit fishing build

I'll check with my DM then, it makes sense to be allowed since my two handed weapon IS a one handed weapon, I'm just holding it in two hands since my wand is in the weapon anyway.

Every time I try to quit I can't find a group, and my friends welcome me back with open arms. This game isn't bad, but I am fucking sick of it, just seems nobody else is, so here I remain.

vorpal is shit for crit fishing lmao. as is bladebound and kensai is 'alright'

Good luck with your adventures.

Okay wow, it's pretty bad...

Maybe I'll talk to my DM

Thanks.
The main intent of the combo is wand of true strike + power attacking two handing a shortspear technically spear GM houseruled a spear thing where spears are two handed weapons with simple proficiency and one handed with martial proficiency, but certain spears are still two handed even with martial proficiency

Hello /pfg/,

I have two questions, first off, is there a way other than the elder mythos cultist to get the cleric to use charisma?

Second, is there a way to use a gun with mithral current maneuvers, most of them seem to specifically state "melee weapon attack". I was thinking perhaps taking a privateer stalker and using the sea combat talent that privateer has, but I'm not sure if that would work.

>Vorpal being good for anything
>Bladebounds and Kensai actually being competent at anything beyond "lolshockinggrasp" and thus being useless against demons and several other common monsters
>critfishing being any good in comparison to just bigger weapon dice

Instant killing humanoids on a confirmed crit is basically the best end game for crit fishing.
Every problem you described is a problem with crit fishing not the build itself.

It's literally not

it literally is

What is: "A barbarian with a Falcata"

>keep vorpal
Keen does nothing for vorpal, vorpal specifically requires a 20, not a crit.

>lookin over the students apps

Broodie just literally makes meme apps don't they.

It only instakills on crits that started with a nat 20. So that big crit range doesn't matter at all.

basically the same but without magic?
Well shit, so it does.
Well still a crit fishing build with the occasional mega-crit decapitation.

quoted the wrong guy my dude

>basically the same but without magic?
Exept oh wow would you look at that, it is probably more consistent (don't need to gamble on a spellstrike crit), more damage (lmaobarbarian), and effective against more things (only competes with DR/-)

The magus is a fucking meme

>broodie applies to a new game
>literal meme catgirl, furshit
>succ applies to new game
>literal shit app
>Rory applies to a new game
>shit app

celebs never change

Vorpal is pretty good with a Cyclops Helm, as I learned in Kingmaker.

If I have a soul gem on-hand and want to make an intelligent weapon with the person in it, how would you handle that? Assume I have the ability to create magic weapons, of course.

So is like, broodie a furry

I'm legit asking.

Wait, Bladebound is actually crap? How? I thought it was nice flavor if anything

Bladebound is good,

It's not bad, just flavorful and fun instead of the straight upgrade that retards screech about it being.

Yes.

good to know

Bladebound is a free weapon arcane bond on the magic fighter that can be enchanted, is sentient, and works like a familiar.
It's basically three feats in exchange for a slightly smaller arcane pool and the third level magus arcana.
It also has it's own arcane pool so losing some of your own pool doesn't even hurt that much.
they're just memeing