/wfg/ - Warhammer Fantasy general

Previous thread: >Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net/
the-fallen-angels.nl/forum-58168/wargames/warhammer-40-000/interview-with-gav-thorpe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Drachenfels a shit

This is irrefutable

you a shit

Anybody play the tabletop game online? What do you use? Any communities for it?

WHERE'S KRELL? HERE'S KRELL

>were there any 6th ed infantry who didn't suck

Most infantry was ok, it was just elite infantry that was usually slow and over priced.

whoops, meant to reply to the Krellposts in the last thread.

reminder he was beaten by a prop hammer

Hey lizard user, a dark green inc wash or even a quick black will do wonders, you've done the rest of the skinks wonderfully so you should totally make the skin not so flat by doing that

to user asking if the blue bret knights are fireforge. No those ones weren't, they were just older bret knights I'd kitswapped to make an empire order ages ago

Pic sorta related, made a unit champ/captain in the same vane, also years ago

this time I have pictures
I found a bunch of old metal minis while looking through my fathers backlog
I have sorted out the old warhammer and middle earth minis but theres a couple here i have no idea what they are
help?

Are you the heroquest faggot?

Those look like old chaos warrior sculpts, there were like 30 of them produced and only one or two are sought out by collectors.

Heroquest was a board game that partnered with gw to make warhammerquest, most nerds owned hero quest though.

yeah thats me
whats with the names if they are just chaos warriors
ill post the rest of the finds in case I found anything interesting

notice the chaos dwarfs and hoblin

One of our players in wfrp who is a grail knight is becoming a bit too much pragmatic for the sake of Bretonnia and is starting to see people just as numbers to secure the country. Is he at a risk of "falling" because he knows he has the lady's blessing and backing and starting to think that he can do nothing wrong?

Can Grail Knights even fall?

Gw started out as a company that just produced models for painting, then for other peoples games and settings, the rules came later.

Fuck off.

Grail knights don't fall, they've earned the ladies favor and will bare it forever or until they willingly release it.

Will WFRP 4E be good?

Are you hoping it'll be fluffier or crunchier than 2E?

So no matter what the player grail knight do he is in the right? No warning dreams in his sleep no loss of gifts he got? He could just slaughter children and get away with it?

Yes, this is warhammers fuedal france not dnd. They are not paladins, they are knights from an entire race being raised by an elven goddess in disguise being used as a human shield to keep the elves safe from chaos.
He could literally disembowel children and jerk off onto their organs and be fine, so long as he didn't offer a prayer to slaanesh while doing so.

fall from status? never
make dangerous enemies? sure

This case is also a wfrp campaign as mentioned first which involves a human player making human choices. Should the GM just accept that once a grail knight the player can do no wrong because of lore?

He's not going to fall like a paladin, but a Grail Knight should barely even be able to consider being unchivalrous or dishonorable because he's a paragon of chivalry - he has to be good and pure to become a Grail Knight. It's not as much that everything they do is right because they're Grail Knights, but because they've become Grail Knights everything they do is right.

You should have the Lady send him a dream or two basically warning him that Bretonnia isn't just the land, it's the people. But technically speaking he's not doing anything wrong, as long as he's not allowing lives to die in vain or sending nobles to their deaths (no one really cares that much about peasants).

>He could just slaughter children and get away with it?
If he were to be the kind of person to slaughter children without a VERY GOOD reason, he'd have died when drinking from the Grail
All Grail knights are morally perfect (by Bretonnian standards)

Basically think like if you were asking your player to roleplay as Superman, it's not that Superman loses his powers if he suddenly robs a bank. It's that Superman shouldn't be robbing banks at all, that's not what Superman does.

How should I paint my Karak Norn dwarfs? There seems to be a lot of confusion about their colours online.

I noticed that myself - fact of the matter is between 6th and 8th edition, they switched from using Red, Blue, and occasionally White, to just Red and White. Basically go with however you feel - I like red and white because I'm tired of seeing red and blue in Bretonnia.

The 8th ed looks nice, but I'm thinking I'll replace the gold colour with a steely silver. The Grey Mountains are hardly a Norn of Plenty, so gold and other fancy metals are hard to come by.

Steel, bronze, copper - whatever works.

Sure he can do wrong, but that doesn't make grail knights fall.
Relieving dreams from the goddess is rare and just as likely to get him burned at the stake for chaos taint.

Does anyone play this game anymore?

>Relieving dreams from the goddess is rare and just as likely to get him burned at the stake for chaos taint

You aren't serious, are you? The Lady fairly commonly appears in dreams to knights on a quest, makes sense it would happen sometimes when they were a Grail Knight due to her blessing - and in no way would it be seen as a thing of Chaos taint, since it's the Lady we're talking about.

But if you really think dreams should be rare, and honestly it might come off as a dick move to give a PC a dream like that, having a damsel come in and go 'hey don't do that' is a better solution. It's part of their character, at least in WHRP, that they're mysterious and seem to know things.

More or less. Cheap infantry had ranks and CR, elite infantry relied on hi Init and killiness...but since the charging unit attacks first, cav can get the drop on elite units, kill enough to stop return attacks (fight only one rank), and said units are usually too expensive to rank up.

Personally, I imagine they're better as a support unit/flanker for more defensive armies.

it will be good
i want expanded fluff, good crunch, and good guns.

I think aside from the factions that didn't get included, or at least not in any real depth, most people are happy with 2e's fluff, and most little problems with it can be homebrewed out. But everyone seems to complain about the combat, and I think making it smoother ruleswise would be what 4e would really need to provide to really get people to jump on it as anything other than 'new.'

I know it's End Times, but can someone tell me which book Settra fights Kholek in? I keep hearing words like "anime-tier" get thrown around, so I want to read it for myself.

Hey somone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it came from an interview or white dwarf along with a heap of other named characters 'ends' which were forgotten about.

I have been trying to find someone to play online TT with Firma while on universal battle 2. It has a nice little program (had a premium verizone but works fine without paying as well) and as far as I can tell, you can play 8th just fine. If yourbinterested, post some times, and I'd make an effort to at least try and be on

This is probably a stupid question, but the Bretonnians don't seem to have an 8th edition army book...do you just continue to use the 6th edition rules?

Yes, not all armies got their 8th ed books.

It has its ups and downs.

faster

>TT with Firma while on universal battle 2
What?

Hey anons, as per 8th ed rules characters can join anything except monsters , Flyers chariots, swarms. That means I can stick luthor Huss into a unit of demigryphs right?

Correct

My regular opponent (dwarves) and I have recently decided to expand our armies to 3k (from 2k). Before this the dwarves would win 3/4 games. However with this new size the greenskins have won all three games. This has led to the dwarf player calling my army overpowered. Here are both of our lists, what you all think?

ORCS & GOBLINS 3000
LORDS
>Skarsnik Warlord of the Eight Peaks [General]
>Goblin Great Shaman on Arachnarok w/ Spidershrine and Talisman of Preservation
HEROES
>Night Goblin Big Boss w/ BSB, Standard of Discipline, Light Armor and Shield
>Night Goblin Big Boss on Great Cave Squig w/ Light Armor, Shield and Spear
>Night Goblin Big Boss on Great Cave Squig w/ Light Armor, Shield and Spear
>Night Goblin Shaman w/ LVL 2 and Crown of Command
>Night Goblin Shaman w/ LVL 1
>Night Goblin Shaman w/ LVL 1
CORE
>52 Night Goblins w/ Full Command, 3x Fanatics, Netters and Spears
>30 Night Goblins w/ Musician, Standard and Bows
>30 Night Goblins w/ Musician, Standard and Bows
>10 Spider Riders w/ Musician and Bows
SPECIAL
>30 Cave Squigs and 10 Herders
>8 Squig Hoppers
>8 Squig Hoppers
>6 Trolls
RARE
>Doom Diver
>Doom Diver
>Mangler Squigs
>Mangler Squigs

DWARFS 3000
LORD
>Lord w/ 3 Runes of Cleaving, 2 Runes of Fortitude and Shieldbearers
HEROES
>Master Engineer
>Master Engineer
>Master Engineer
>Runesmith w/ Rune of Spell-breaking and Shield
>Runesmith w/ 2 Runes of Spell-breaking and Shield
>Thane w/ BSB, Rune of Groth One Eye and Shield
>Thane w/ Rune of Fury, 2 Runes of Iron and Shield
CORE
>16 Thunderers w/ Musician and Standard
>16 Quarrelers w/ Musician and Standard
>33 Warriors w/ Full Command and Shields
SPECIAL
>Cannon
>Grudge Thrower w/ Rune of Penetrating
>10 Hammerers w/ Full Command
>20 Ironbreakers w/ Full Command
RARE
>Flame Cannon w/ Rune of Forging
>Organ Gun w/ Rune of Accuracy
>Organ Gun w/ Rune of Accuracy and Rune of Burning

Sorry my last post was too long so here is the unit comp:
>Skarsnik, BSB and LVL 2 Shaman go with the spear gobbos. The two Squig Bosses goes with their respective Squig Hopper units. The Loose shamans follow the bowmen.
>The Lord, BSB and LVL 2 Runesmith go with the Ironbreakers. The master engineers prioritize the organ guns but move where needed. The fighting Thane and other Runesmith go with the warriors.
Anyhow which list is better? What can we do to balance if there are issues?

If it's from Reynolds, it's not canon. He was C&D'd by GW.

WHAT IS THE FUCKING EDITION NIGGA???
WHERE IS THE RELEVANT QUOTE NIGGA???

Hammerers hammer hard and die fast(for a dwarf) honestly 10 at 3k seems way too low of a unit, specially considering he put full command on them. +they have no good targets outside your lords/heros who I doubt they'll ever reach.

additionally he seems to be lacking a good way to wipe your doomdivers quickly, either take another runed up cannon or 2 to blow up doomdiver catapults or perhaps consider taking miners to do shenanigans to your warmachines/archers

additionally he lacks cannons.considering you have an arachnarok great shaman(aka cannon bait) that he runs 1(one) unruned cannon is heresy, make it 2 minimum. 3 preferable to deny you your main caster the ability to live . and then snipe any of your loose cheap heros.

tldr:
1.Drop the hammerers
2. rune of stoiscm for ironbreakers(run more ironbreakers)
3.run 2 more cannons, use runes, blow up arachnarok turn 1, snipe characters outside units forevermore

4.miners/gyros for warmachine/backline shenanigans?

But to expand further, have you won the same way every time?
His army looks better tailored to fight a woc/empire army than a BIG GOBBO/SQUIG list

Dorfs struggle at 3k against horde armies, nothing they can do to put a unit of 52 goblins with nets into the dirt.
Tell him he's a faggot for having such small unit sizes though.

The advice overall is what I expected, but being a stubborn fucker he didn't believe me.
My tactics are as follows:
>Run mangler+hopper combo down each flank. If mangler makes combat his line is proper fucked. If the hoppers make it to a warmachine he will overrun through the whole lot of them.
>Run one archer unit in front of the cave squigs and the other in front of the spear gobbos. Use the archers as cover, drop fanatics, and bait would-be chargers into combat units.
>Jump big spider from cover to cover keeping him within 12" (Night Shroud range) of his mates.
>Use trolls and spider riders as combo flank chargers.
>Snipe master engineers and soften up ironbreakers with doom divers.

At 2k he managed to take them down so I'm not exactly sure what changed.
>Tell him he's a faggot
Will do.
Also (other than the hammerers) what units are undersized?

Target saturation, odds are you added another mangler squigg and 8 more hoppers while his warmachine allotment didn't increase to match it.

There really isn't much he can do atm though besides buying 8 gyrocopters and bombing some ass.

too feaw hammerers, you need at least 30
also too few ironbreakers
give a shield to your lord, change a rune of cleaving for a rune of fury
I knowthis is forthe shitty 8th ed but as far as i know (6th ed) flame cannons and organ guns can't take runes

I have no clue why it auto corrected to that. Shitty phone posting. I have been trying to play fantasy (whfb) on universal battle 2*

That k-nig-ht is fucking amazeballs.

sounds like a good green tide on your behalf user and terrible positioning on his behalf

as for underside units, at this scale you really want your hordes to last, the dworf warriors for example lose 4 models then hordes gone. and infact all of his units lose much efficiency the moment they take light casualties so upping unit size would help.

If he optimised his rune and just brought 2-3 cannons, dropped the hammerers Im sure he would have a lot more success, cannons save lives

thanks user, for some reason demigryph knight shields go really well with bretonnian stuff, you can buy the bitz online for conversions for like a dollar a piece.

>Before this the dwarves would win 3/4 games. However with this new size the greenskins have won all three games. This has led to the dwarf player calling my army overpowered.
What sort of whiny faggot are you playing against?

>There really isn't much he can do atm though besides buying 8 gyrocopters and bombing some ass.
>Ride of the Valkyries intensifies

The kind of whiney faggot who pays rent. Pretty nice guy but super competitive.

We play a mash of 6th, 7th and 8th so runes are fine. The lord already should have shield for that 1+ and the cleaving runes are mainly for that killing blow (he got jealous of Skarsnik).

make threads faster if you don't want a tourist to take over and fuck up

So is there a small summery of who valten was? Fairly new to lore, but it seems like a pretty loose end and kind of an ass pull. Hes sigmar reborn I guess? I thought Franz was supposed to be the luke skywalker in the setting? Is the hammer like mjulnir or somthing? I know the speculation that todbringer staged his death for Franz to lead, but wouldn't he have shown up at least in end times garbage?

>Is the hammer like mjulnir or somthing?
Only in the sense that it's iconic.

Gw had this event called storm of chaos that was supposed to reset the setting.
Gw introduced a character called valten, who was supposed to be sigmar reborn (more likely to be a descendant) who could wield sigmars hammer.

Originally karl franz was a simpering fool who inherited the throne.
Now he's the leader of mankind, but more in a general strategic way.

Interesting. Any idea what the plans were with GW for storm of chaos? where good guys supposed to win? I heard orcs actually fucked up chaos?

It appears they were trying to end times the setting a lot earlier, a way to restart each army.

They had this online battle tracking thing that went to shit because chaos were garbage in 6th ed, the only army who could field a real gunline on their side were skaven.

I see. Can only wonder if they wanted aos that early or had another path to go in mind.

Apparently it wasn't age of sigmar but they recognized that it was hard to make money without centerpiece models.

hey lads, I'd like a warriors of chaos 1000 points army to play 8th edition with my friends

What would you do in term of army composition? I know I want some kind of big monster at the center, and infantry (so no more than 5 cavalry figures)

you could do that, 1000 is a relatively small battle amount so it wouldn't be too overwhelming.

so first things first have you read the rulebook?
once thats done.
remember the following. with 1000 points its real easy maths.
25% points max on lords up to 250p
25% max points on heros up to250p
Minimum 25% points on core -you MUST spend at least 250p
50% points max special up to 500p
25% points max rare. up to 250p

Look at the pastebin in the op for warriors of chaos 8th edition and figure out some dudes that you like.

Once thats done my man
grab
battlescribe.net/

it's an army list making program that works on windows, ios shit and androids(aka phones and tablets too)
what's really good about it is you can print a 'list' of your army with what gear it has, what special rules it has and it's stats. (its amazing)

Anyway user I quickly made up an army list as an example which is pic related of what you can do with battlescribe(then you print this out, ezgame)

but srsly
read the rulebook and armybook in pastebin
download battlescribe
choose the dudes you like the look of most.
post it here

I'll give feedback on your army and if shits wrong.
good luck!

woops that pictures an illegal army. fixed example here.(Im tired)

There's room for an Ironcurse Icon there if you play with 50% Lord allowance.

Not the user asking for help, but I have to say taking a big wizard in small games gets lame easily. Either he does way too much or too little and the rest of the game feels insignificant.

I just presumed he was playing standard 8th ed, but that is a valid point user.

it's supposed to be an example list lads. something to build off. mainly to enthuse the dood to make his own list.
It's hardly ubermeta but I think it would go fairly well.
besides lvl 3 isn't a big wiz it's a competent wiz

Thanks for your dedication man! Well, I tried something, tell me what you think

One Hexalted hero with some stuffs for 135p, decent melee warrior but will probably join any infantry unit

One unit of 15 chaos warriors, full command, mark of slaanesh, 270p, the backbone of my army

Two units of 10 marauders with full command and heavy weapons, 130pt each, they will support the CW

5 hellstriders with full command 130pt, to hunt the fleeing troops or charge behind small unit

One slaughterbrute, 205pt, to smash and bash

1000pt at the end

NIGGA, DO YOU THINK I SIT HERE ALL DAY WAITING TO MAKE NEW THREADS???

Not other guy but I figgured someone did.

>It appears they were trying to end times the setting a lot earlier, a way to restart each army.

No you idiot, Warhammer was still more popular than 40k in 2004. The point of Storm of Chaos was to bring all armies closer to each other so you could find a reason why your Chaos army is fighting against Wood Elves.

I got this model nearly done.
What should I paint on the canvas?

>Leonardo.png

Pretty sure that's just an Imperial artillerist.

hey user in battlescribe if you go to view roster you get that neat picture I posted which then you can save or print. It makes things a LOT clearer.

But from what you've given so far
1. an exalted hero makes for a fine general, the only thing though if you go into a match of warhammer without magic you are asking to be tabled.you can get away with it if none of your friends are using magic, but please choose a wizard if they are.
especially since chaos don't really have shooting much, so you'd be missing out on 2 of the three combat phases that make up the game.

2. what gear do your chaos warriors have? remember they have to pay for shields otherwhise just have handweapons, make sure your hero also has slaanesh if he's in the slaanesh unit

something else to note is they can also take shields and halberds (but can only use the shields +1 armour against range attacks+

Marauders: banners are a bit of an overkill on such small easy to kill units, perhaps have one unit of twenty with full command? (make them mark of khorne so they get extra attacks/frenzy)

Hellstriders: yeah they are good but die to missiles, remember that. I think they get to buy an always strikes first upgrade, nab that.

slaughterbrute: no idea here, if you like how it looks go for it my dude. thats the most important part.I had a quick skim at it's rules and it gets whatever weaponskill your lord/hero has?
give your hero a ws10 magic item then and laugh

also remember for saving money: chaos chosen can be simply chaos warriors with a real cool paintjob ;)

an upside down diagram of whatever warmachine you will be using him with(I presume you are using him as a master engineer right?)

I'd recommend combining your marauders, 10 men won't last long.

Disregard this, apparently the model is actually called Leonardo despite just being Helblaster crew.

That novel megalink in novels pastebin is dead... It was alive in last Thursday, but not anymore...:(

>an upside down diagram of whatever warmachine you will be using him with(I presume you are using him as a master engineer right?)
He's just a regular crewman. I got another man as my engineer.

No it wasn't, you faggot.
Devs for the end times outright stated that this was planned way back when.

the-fallen-angels.nl/forum-58168/wargames/warhammer-40-000/interview-with-gav-thorpe

>Gav: The main intent of Storm of Chaos was to bring the conflicts of the Warhammer world into a stark present. It was never meant to be a continuing narrative, but was a move to highlight the idea of a world at war. It was a beginning rather than an end – the Dark Elves are invading Ulthuan, the forces of Chaos are invading the Old World, the Tomb Kings are prosecuting their war against the living, the Orcs are on the rampage. This took those ideas out of the history and into the present. The outcome of the campaign was to decide the specifics of that new ‘present age’, and then the setting would freeze again.

Is there a way to field a Skaven Army that doesn’t involve painting 100 slaves?

Stormvermin. Make the army nazi super science themed for bonus points

But as I remember Stomvermin are very sub-optimal? Like worse than Plague Priest, less efficient than clanrats?

I like the idea though.

Would 80 clanrats and 20 stormvermin supported by Stormfiends and Cannons work? Doesn’t have to optimal or anything but not fluff-weak

fucking do the themed list fucker
40 stormvermin
40 stormvermin
2 cannon
2x4 jezails
2 doomwheels
1 unit of globadiers

Playing online.

I'd recommend a bigger block of Stormvermin, ~40 guys.

Have you considered a Skrolk plague monk list? Monks are cheaper than Stormvermin in $ but around the same amount of points.

vitruvian man?

Not a big fan of jezzails and plaguemonks, model-wise. I’ve converted some Globadiers

I was afraid it would head that way. For all it’s flaws, my current collection is at least quite playable in AoS.

Thanks for the replies guys

I played recently with a 2k pts throt the unclean monster mash list. It had no bsb, but it packed a hell of a punch. Was a very noncompetitive, janky list. Let's see if I can remember:
Lords
>throt the unclean
>skweel gnawtooth
>warlock engineer lvl1
>verminlord, lvl4 spells of plague: wither, cloud of corruption, bless with filth, dreaded 13th

Core (special core due to throt)
>5x master bred rat ogre
>1x rat ogre
>41x giant rats (all had poison due to skweels ability rolled)
>1x master moulder

Special
>6x warlock jezzels

Rare
>1x hellpit abomination

Theme was throt was out monster hunting for experiments. The jezzels were there to pick off any stragglers that escaped thing-catchers.

It's part of a series of battle reports I'm getting together to post in the thread.

Looks like a cool list user, if only jezzails had better models...

How about this list? The slaughterbrute gains a 7WS from the hero and leads the bloodbath, helped by the chaos warriors and the marauders with frenzy and heavy weapons, while the hellstriders hunt the small units and the fleeing ones

Not him, but I'd be skeptical about a team that would love to be able to look back to a past event and try to use it as a way to justify their current actions. They could say Storm of Chaos was just to give an excuse to make Chaos the best faction if they wanted, not like we'd know it wasn't the truth.

Pic related from the army book always looked so cool, then the models....if only I was good at conversions

The great thing about WoC is that you can easily make a really thematic army. If I were you I'd decide on a theme before making the army lists.

>Exalted Hero
What equipment did you give him? For a 1000 game I'd probably go for Mark of Tzeentch, Dragonhelm and a shield. However you equip him I'd give him the same mark as the unit he's joining.
As the other user already said you probably want to have a sorcerer in your army. I'd probably just go with that instead of the Exalted Hero desu.

>Warriors
They are a great choice for a unit. Unless you are going for a slaaneshi fluffed army you might want to switch mark as it is the worst of them. If you want a killy block pick Khorne and give them halberds, if you want a great anvil pick Tzeentch and give them shields, if you want a middle path pick Nurgle and a give them halberd.
Full command is the way to go with them. You'd want a champion to take any challenge you don't want your general fighting.

>Marauders
I'd combine the two units into one. However you might want to pick something else as the marauders unfortunately aren't very good.
I'd replace them with either two units of 6 Forsaken of Slaanesh or two units of Nurgle Chariots. A unit or two of Marauder Horsemen might also work.

>Hellstriders
I'd only take them if you were planning on fielding a character on a Steed of Slaanesh or you want a thematic Slaaneshi army. The Marauder Horsemen do an equivalent job but also count for core.

>Slaughterbrute
Unfortunately that unit is really crap. I wouldn't take it especially if you're not got a Chaos Lord or Daemon Prince to bind it to. You're much better off with something fun like a giant, something devastating like Skullcrushers, more Warriors of Chaos or perhaps even some trolls. Gorebeast Chariots are also really great. The Nurgle one is nigh invulnerable and the Khorne one is one hell of a killing machine.