/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous Thread
If your current character were to have any mount that they want, what would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C25qzDhGLx8
dandwiki.com/wiki/Summoner_(Fullcaster)(5e_Class)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reposting since the thread ended
>the BBEG wants to kill death itself
How do I make this work as a campaign?
I'm thinking a former paladin who returned to his home to find his wife and children had died while he was away and driven mad with grief he wants to ensure no one ever suffers as he did again.

what the hell is this gif from.

Also god dammit user. sage and report.

I want to say Yellow Kid, but I know that's not right. Not much for anime but this series is pretty funny.

Have an order of paladins more closely aligned to balance that counters him and employs the PCs.

Have another, secondary villain that needs to be stopped but may forward his plan without death stopping him.

Have the paladin unleashing some sealed evil that guards the tool/location/whatever needed to extinguish death.

Have him become a parallel to death, possibly becoming a harbinger of death in the process of trying to stop it.

Paladin into warlock, GOO patron is funding it as it seems fun

Two ways to go about it is either ascend to godhood and replace The Raven Queen/ any other death gods then just stop doing their job, or find a way to create a large scale field of immortality over the world/a country.
For background philosophy to add when he's monolouging, watch this:
youtu.be/C25qzDhGLx8

As a suggestion, just plainly searching for immortality may be cliche, but it's least more manageable as a premise, and more "gameable" given the typical power of 5e PCs

Giant Lizard
Lizardfolk riding an even bigger lizard baybee

Saged and reported.

Nothing in the OP is technically, against the rules. unlike you announcing a report which definitely is. Knowing Veeky Forums mods, it's more likely you'll get banned before they ban the troll, if ever.

Is it taboo to fuck/want to fuck a unicorn?

The King of Games
Inspired by Seto Kaiba, The Pharaoh, and season 0 Yugioh

>variant human(Tavern Brawler)
>12str, 14dex, 14con, 10int, 8wis, 16cha
>Lore bard all the way
>Battle strategy - Make use of quick in-universe/OOC games and gambling tricks. Persuade/force enemies into ludicrously convoluted games before doing damage with spells(Yugioh season 0)
>If not, use Tavern Brawler feat to gain proficiency in improvised weapons and start throwing cards and dice at people
>When you're high enough level, steal some summon spells and summon creatures/fey/elementals from your cards
>At level 4 pick up Lucky Feat

Any advice on how to force enemies into some shadow games?

Why is it against the rules to announce reports anyway?

>Mount for your PC
Probably a giant owl, preferably being able to enlarge his owl familiar to be mount-sized.

I'm thinking of introducing an NPC in my campaign that's basically an amnesiac woman that wandered out of the forest, so that _if_ the players make the right choices down the road they'll inadvertently fix her condition and discover she's actually a Valkyrie who now owes them a solid.
Tell me, experienced DMs, how will my players fuck this up? Aside from killing her because she's suspicious (their loss anyways).

Pick up Compelled Duel while you're at it, too.

How do I tell my players I don't want to DM anymore? I'm pretty sure it would be the complete collapse of the group, too.

Ask if any of the other players have thought of DMing before. The second anyone shows any sign of interest, latch onto that.

Replying to the suggestions for a non-cliche Firbolg Moon Druid last thread:

It's a homebrew setting, but a fairly cliche one. I was toying with the idea that he left the Firbolg's forest community after his home village was destroyed by a neighbouring threat and their elders chose not to intervene. He allied himself with an order of Paladins that are bound to the forest, but seek to protect both the men and women of the frontier and the denizens of the wilds. Their more proactive philosophy is agreeable to him, and he serves as a Sage of the order collecting information and dealing with minor threats on their behalf.

I like the idea of the order's patron being an Archfey or group of fey, and his patron in particular being a robust lord of the hunt and the harvest/fertility - he could be loud and brash, a virile thrill seeker who revels in hunting with wolves, soaring with the eagles and throwing himself into battle against the forces of corruption.

none of them want to DM, that's why it will be the complete collapse. Fuck man, some of them even bought books recently but they're all retarded and I just can't do it anymore.

>they're all retarded
How so? Are they just ignorant or what?

they mess it up by not reading your mind and doing anything else unless you try to railroad them.

Want to know what's even more taboo? Seducing a virginal young cleric woman and popping her cherry so that she can never *ever* see the Unicorn she's been dreaming of since she was a little girl.

How is the XGE redemption paladin?

It's a joke

My favorite oath, personally.

but y?

I've got one veteran player and she's cool but she doesn't know nor is she confident enough to dm
the rest are a mess

I basically formed the group for the first girl after hearing about her dnd horror stories, i thought she deserved better and i thought doing dnd twice a week along with my friends would really scratch my dnd itch.

The rest are all newbies, and worse is that they're all weird/crazy. One is a girl who was abused as a child and takes anything negative happening to her character as a personal attack. I swear to god she took 1 damage once and threw a fit, "What!? Oh come on, this isn't fair!" She's the barbarian and refuses to get in the front lines because she's too scared of taking damage. The other is a guy who has absolutely no filter and is therefore extremely rude. He constantly nit picks and mocks my or anyone else's roleplaying. He also has the audacity to criticize roleplaying while doing a poor job of it himself. This, of course, makes the other girl extremely self conscious and upset. He's also a troll, and will constantly get the party in trouble. The other is a guy that's just too nervous to say or do anything. Lastly is a girl who is a nymphomaniac elf who wants to fuck anything that moves.

The problem is that if I end the group i'd be fucking the first girl over. But fuck I hate this and i just want to go back to focusing on my old group

>Emissary of Peace. You can use your Channel Divinity to augment your presence with divine power. As a bonus action, you grant yourself a +5 bonus to Charisma (Persuasion) checks for the next 10 minutes.
I'm not fucking laughing.

It's abilities are flavorful and I like the tenets of the oath.

>nor is she confident enough to dm
Only one way to build that shit m80. Make with the one shots.

then she'd have to go and buy a monster manuel. and what are the others going to do about making characters? they already had conniptions making them for this campaign. and even worse they still dont know how to play.

Unicorns have 11 Intelligence, it's not bestiality to fuck one.

Golden Boy

That doesn't deflect the brony accusation at all if you just think about it for 2 seconds.

Oh, yeah. Forgot those things can talk. Still, there's nothing wrong with wanting to bone a Unicorn. Why is it alright to lust after monster-girls, but not *all* monsters?

I am. kek. Fucking homo sissy paladin.

How do I convince my friends to play a one shot?

>The problem is that if I end the group i'd be fucking the first girl over.
>I just want to go back to focusing on my old group
Drop the problem group and then invite this girl you want to fuck in to your old fun group.

Monster-girls tend to look like, well...like girls

Unicorns are actual horses

>Why is it alright to lust after monster-girls, but not *all* monsters?
Because you want to fuck a horse, mate.

Werewolves look like people, yet everyone gives me nasty looks when my character wants to get fucked by one. What gives?

That's fucked up.

Because monstergirls at least have human physical characteristics?

Fucking straight up animals is just weird bro

"Hey assholes, lets play a one shot"

Have they never played D&D before?

Tell them that if they don't they're each getting one shot between the eyes.

Got a player conflict question. Playing CoS and it's pretty early on, got to the church with the vampire spawn thing in the basement. It's a party of 6 (Bard, Warlock, Wizard, Fighter Paladin and Cleric) and the Bard got all bitchy because we effectively killed the spawn. On his turn, the bard got on top of it to protect it while telling us to let it live because it can't help being what it is and the father can keep it locked up.

How are we (or I) going to be able to play this game if we literally can't kill a vampire?

In the trove faggot.

>Fucking straight up animals is just weird bro

Really? I remember a time not too long ago when playing a female ranger with a wolf familiar or heck, any sort of Druid was a quick way to get animal-fucking jokes.

CoS is a campaign that thrives on the party having to make questionable moral decisions all the time.

Enjoy the ride, that is only the first time you'll see something like it.

It'll be fine. The other vampire spawn will be trying to kill you.

There have been 2 mass combat UAs but both seem really bad.

Any recommendations for how to do this sort of thing?

No but they know of critical role
no lewds

>Fighter (Samurai)
>Fighter (Cavalier)

Which one embodies the knight the best?

we got enough homies in my group as it is, also we say a lot of fucked up stuff.

Are there any fun campaign streams/podcasts worth listening to while I'm at work? I've tried Critical Role and TAZ, which were okay, but looking for something more relaxed/classic fantasy to while away the hours when I'm doing deskwork. Any recommendations would be awesome.

Sounds like you have a good background for a non-hippy druid. What background did you want to give him? Folk Hero sounds like a good match.

Don't know about Firbolgs and not sure about paladin order. Are these the Oath of the Ancients type? Seems to fit. How common are player classes for NPCs in this setting? I'd call it a militant order to make it more flexible, so you could have some be paladins, but also any class with acolyte background, clerics/druids, etc.

Maybe add in some background flavor of saving a farmer's daughter from redcap goblins on a wild hunt if you go Folk Hero.

PDK BABY

>No but they know of critical role
Oh, well fuck, they should be dying to play D&D. Why aren't they?
And why aren't you utterly terrified that their expectations of what D&D is has been massively and permanently warped by watching a bunch of literal actors play it?

How is the new kensai monk archetype? Anyone try it out yet?

mainly cause that but I want it to still be enjoyable even if it's not to that degree of literal actors rping

>girls never say fucked up stuff
Oh the things youth has yet to reveal...

Celestial Warlock/Redemption Paladin for playing a magical girl?

Invite the good player to your other grouo, it isn't hard

Just make sure they all understand that they're watching an atypical D&D game with CR, but that home games can still be a lot of fun.

All crunch no fluff. If that's your thing, go nuts.

The original Rollplay was pretty great. It's 2.5e I believe. It's nice to just listen to while you're doing stuff.

If you want 5e, watch Court of Swords. However. Skip the first few weeks because it's horrendous to watch until after the TPK. They constantly run into deadly encounters over and over because Koebel has no idea how to pace low-level 5e adventures. Once they restarted the campaign, it got infinitely better.

>Why is it against the rules to announce reports anyway?
Same reason using memes outside of /b/ is against the rules. This way the mods have a legitimate reason to point at when they ban you for irritating and disruptive behavior.

>Koebel

He's good in Swan Song. Court of Swords isn't too bad. It's fine for just casually keeping up with. I still think the 1st and 2nd season of Rollplay are the best they've ever done.

>that time they tried to dimension door onto a dragon's back and killed one PC by crushing them with another
>that time a hill giant kicked a PC so hard he instantly died
>that time the thief actually got to use their abilities and slaughtered a camp of guards

It used to be so good.

anyone have any experience using this class? dandwiki.com/wiki/Summoner_(Fullcaster)(5e_Class)
If so HOW THE FUCK do you work the evolution points, specifically how much do you have? I just want to be a stand user because I'm weeb trash but this is written in such a confusing manner. Or I'm just retarded, who knows?

I had given him Outlander in my first draft, but it feels like the most bland of the PHB backgrounds. Folk Hero actually sounds like it could work well, playing up the value that a wandering healer would have in rural communities. Hermit is another strong contender for the Medicine skill, but I could gain that elsewhere.

They are indeed Oath of the Ancients flavoured paladins - part of the setting fluff is that while player classes are exceedingly rare among NPCs, there are perhaps half a dozen Orders spread across the realm that each gain considerable power in return for making a strict oath. Each only has a few knights, from half a dozen to the most having perhaps thirty, but they may have support staff - a few clerics or druids, scholars, and perhaps some act in conjunction with the militias of places they have strong ties or debts with.

The one the firbolg druid serves is simply the Viridian Order, and their knights are sworn to each protect certain regions in a vast and ancient forest. Another the party has previously encountered was a surly dwarven knight of the Black Anvil, an order of tireless and ruthless giantslayers. There are only three or four confirmed orders, I think so players can suggest others that future PCs might belong to or have ties with.

As for the Folk Hero origin, Firbolgs in this setting are to Wood Elves what Wood Elves are to normal Humans - elusive, seldom seen creatures with strong ties to nature and surreal abilities. It might be enough for the common folk of the region to know that a Firbolg is a gentle forest giant who, in folktales, take pity on lost travelers, guiding them out of the woods or saving them from wild predators. The reality may be that they just want people to stop blundering into their homelands, but the story is what sticks.

>dandwiki

offer beer

Honestly my only experience with Koebel was the interview he did with Mercer, Colville and Mearls on ItsMeJP's youtube channel (btw apparently they're doing it again in February except JP will moderate). It was bretty good (other than Koebel interrupting Colville every 10 seconds) up until the end. That's when Koebel when full fucking cringe and whipped out his numale SJW card for no reason other than he wanted to virtue signal his amazing contemporary political beliefs.

You have a better source for free homebrew content? (No really though do you?)

Find a podcast that isn't filled with Normies, Chads and Stacies. Critical Role is filled with them.

Then again, 5e is Normie D&D.
2e Master Race.

To be fair, basically everyone else on that panel would have done it in some fashion if he didn't.

I hope that with the second round table (for those unaware, the topic is basically TTRPGs as a visual medium and how game design can aid/hamper that) that JP actually moderates it and lets people give points and counter-points when someone has one.

Not that user, but /r/boh5e/
DMsGuild if you're really desperate.
DandDwiki is not-even-once tier.

Literally anywhere else is better

Critical Role only has like, one chad and one stacy.

And they're married to each other.

>He doesn't like watching chads playing D&D
What a virgin nerd

what would you recommend?

Now I really want to know: is Taliesin a normie, chad, or stacy?
My guess is stacy.

That's my biggest issue with him. I'm not watching you because of your political beliefs. I'm watching you because your story is entertaining. He's done a good job with crafting the Court of Swords world and worldbuilding gets me fucking going. CritRole on the other hand just feels generic. I've played in dozens of worlds practically identical.

Swan Song was fucking amazing and would have stayed amazing had they continued it. He's been running another story in the same system but it's not as good without the original cast.

I'm just waiting for Neal to come back and start a new Rollplay campaign w/ the original cast.

Travis isn't even a Chad, he's a bro. Dude is funny AF and smarter than half the table put together

middle finger of vecna

>Implying Chads can't be smart or friendly

k thanks, maybe I'll give it a whirl sometime and see if it scratches the right spots

What are the qualities that make a person a chad in the first place?

>his face when the rest of the party was doing stupid shit in the original campaign

Sometimes, I swear you could see him thinking, "God, I wish I was playing a smart character. These people are fucking stupid."

He's too good for that group.

Fair enough. I did love Jox Machina. Travis and Joe were on point.

They're going to be doing another sci-fi campaign once the current one wraps up in late February, early March with the revisions made to Stars Without Number that came out a few months back. They made a direct point to say it won't take place in Swan Song setting, but in another section of the galaxy/universe.

>mfw the entire Umbrasyl arc
>mfw Vex and Percy glitch out and start scheming about schemes
>mfw they build an underground anti-dragon enclave for the entire city to become Morlocks

That's good. I wonder who the cast will include. I'm hoping JP and Geoff. Those two have fantastic chemistry.

That was the moment when I realized Orion wasn't long for the table.