Gamefinder thread?

Gamefinder thread?

Never made one of these before so I dunno what the normal format is supposed to be.

I live near Portland, Oregon in the USA so I'm on Pacific time. I'm looking for a game on Mondays, up for any system, but I have experience with Pathfinder, 5th edition DnD and a few World of Darkness settings. I'd also be open to an IRL game depending upon where we'd be meeting if there's any other Portlanders browsing Veeky Forums right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hV8RGM
strawpoll.me/14859620
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not necessarily looking for a game but someone to show me around OD&D. Making characters, running combat ect. I've been around the /osr/ generals and while they have been a big help it's been slow progress and i think i need a demonstration of how it's done. I assumed it would be similar to 2e AD&D and it kinda is but it's just not clicking.

Anyone in Paris, France? I realize this is a long shot.

Alternative combat system or using Chainmail?

Still not sure i hear to take chainmails initiative system atleast.

I guess a better way to state my issuea is that i wanna make sure i got what figuredout so far right so it doesnt fuck me later.

Sorry for the shit spelling i have the day off tomorrow and its been a few shots of rum between first post and now.

Does game finder tolerate homebrew games?

Yes, why not?

Sell me on the homebrew and if i can make my schedule work i'd be down.

there is a big lack of GMs so anything is tolerated

it would be tolerated anyway

>Gm or player
Player

>Preferred system
Traveller, 13th Age, SotDL, DCC, BoL, Ghastly Affair, SwN, Torchbearer, Whitehack, Genesys, The Esoterrorists, Ryuutama, Cryptomancer, DnD40K7e, Fragged Empire, Blackout, Farflung, Coriolis, CofD, Geist, HtV, MtAw
(in no particular order of preference)

>Method of play
Discord or Discord + roll20, voice only (no text)

>Contact information
cineira#7984

>Time available (including timezone)
GMT+9 11:00–17:00 TUE, THU, SAT, SUN
Converted to other popular timezones:
GMT+0 02:00–08:00
EST (GMT-5) 21:00–03:00
CST (GMT-6) 20:00–02:00
PST (GMT-8) 18:00–00:00

>Other details
Not an English native, but am fluent. No ERP, romance is fine. Short (less than 2 months) runs preferred.

As long as you are the GM, you're welcome in the Game Finder, even for ERP

Text or voice? Which is better/more popular?

Text/Text

De gustibus non est disputandum

Voice

Anyone in Japan or that timezone? There's a group near me but the 2 sentences I learned about the group told me enough to stay far far away from it.

>Gm or player
Player recruiting for a GM

>System
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 2e

>Text or Voice
Voice

>Time/Timezone
10PM GMT, 5PM EST

>Contact Information
Jaso11111#3615

>Details
This is a Skaven game, where we play as slavers. Currently we're trying to find our way back to the Under-Empire, while trying not to get killed. We're Clan Moulder. Looking for one more player

What happened to the last player? Did you eat him?

The last player recruited from here couldn't make the time. And since last session a player flaked.

We had 2 player deaths in the first session. And yes we did eat them.

>GM
>PDT
>Text/Discord (Suki#0231)
>Fallen London/Sunless Sea shitty homebrew system.

I'm looking for playtesters for one shots/short campaign to test out this goddamn abortion of a system. Don't necessarily need to be too familiar with the setting, but it would be nice if you were.

Portlandfag here. Hit me up, Chad#3441.

Voice, you can have a game where things actually happen instead of everyone looking at other sites while they wait for whoever's turn it is to hunt and peck.

GM here, currently writing up a treatment for a Treasure-Planet-esque setting under the 5e system.
Looking for 4-6 players in the evenings on roll20, will be ready for a full session in about 2 weeks, a session 0 would be possible this weekend if there's interest
Discord is 'oboyanuhddashoah#0715'

Text, it allows for more thoughtful responses and has other advantages such as chat logs.

>Okay user what do you say to the [distorted by shitty mic]
>Uh, uh, um, I tell them about the thing.
>Player 3's mic never shuts off, and he begins eating chips/leaves a fan on/his mom comes in to talk to him.

Shoot some contact info.

I've never had those problems, and if it does happen I can use my words and tell the player to stop doing that. I think some people just hate voice games because they can't pretend to be girls.

I've never had the problems you describe with text games, and if it does happen, I can tell them in private that they need to pick up the pace. I think some people just hate text games because they hold preconceived notions about what those games entail.

Every fucking time with you people. Jesus Christ, why can't you just shut the fuck up and post ads? What do you gain by preaching the good word of the glorious voice/text master race? Who are you trying to impress?

I mean, they could pretend to be a girl in character, but their voice would probably break any sense of immersion.

Someone asked about which was better between voice and text games, and they got an answer. Try to keep up with the conversation man, it's not difficult.

Voice feels more like you're at an actual table with actual people. It still isn't as good as the real thing, but it's the best you can get in an online game.

We already posted our ads, now we need SOMETHING to bump this dead thread in this dead board.

>System Preferred
Stars Without Number Revised
>Times Available
EST
Monday/Wednesday after 7
Tuesday/Thursday/Friday after 8:30
Saturday after 10
Sunday after 6
>Method of play
Discord/R20/Whatever Works
>Voice or Text
Either
>Contact Info
PM discord Jaydwag11#6668
>Additional Notes
Nothin much just looking for fun.

>Gm or player
GM

>Preferred system
AdEva

>Method of play
Ventrilo

>Contact information
Post your email

EST

>Other details
Caveat Emptor there will be kawaii desu.

You're a player?

VENT? what is this 2005?

Ventrilo for voice?

Yes ;)

>Gm or player
GM

>Preferred system
Homebrew Regency-Victorian inspired fantasy game with airships and heavy emphasis on political intrigue, combat, adventure, and exploration. "Steamfantasy" is a term I've used to describe it.

>Method of play
Discord + roll20

>Contact information
[email protected]

MST (GMT -7) 17:00–24:00+ TUE, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
EST (GMT -5) 19:00-02:00
GMT 24:00-07:00

>Other details
As I said, the game is in development, so anyone who would want to join up is welcome to give me critiques/help on the system and even help develop with me if they'd be interested.

>Gm or player
GM

>System
Fire Emblem, using mechanics ported straight from the games

>Text or Voice
Text IC, voice for strategy/turn planning

>Time/Timezone
CST, GMT -6:00

>Method of play
Roll20

>Contact Information
[email protected]
alt: Giant Tree#6451

>Other details
I ran a fantastic campaign of this before and want to see if I can do it again with randoms
Expect heavy focus on off-session character interactions as most main sessions will be combat maps

Jesus christ the autism

This sounds like the Edward Pizza Hands guy. Ignore.

Shame

>Gm or player
Player
>Preferred system
Black Crusade / RT / Dark Heresy (1E/2E) / Pathfinder / SW (Saga/FFG)
>Method of play
Discord, Roll20. Text and voice are both fine, as long as everyone is at least a decent writer for text.
>Contact information
Tutorial Boss#6258
Most evenings EST.
>Other details
Fine with ERP as long as it's text only and has some standard of grammar. Also fuck you, I don't fuck cats.

Give me some info about how long the sessions will be, and what happened in your previous campaigns to sell me.

Depends on the map, but thanks to roll20 macros combat is pretty streamlined
Still, I've had huge endgame maps take like 8 hours, usually 3 or 4 for smaller ones
Occasionally when I feel like it I might have short "gaiden" maps that barely take an hour to clear, but whether I do that often will depend on the group

Contact me elsewhere and I'll tell shittons of stories about my last campaign, but it was pretty nonstandard and I'm not really planning to go that far this time- suffice it to say, it started with a search for legendary dragon-slaying weapons and ended with the legendary dragon-slaying weapons being giant robots, which they piloted to fight Dragon Hitler for the fate of the planet while accompanied by 60+ NPC buddies
I want to do more of a "Some guy's a dick" Fire Emblem-y story this time though

There was a Kingdom named Gan.

In the Kingdom of Gan; there was a wise and mighty King, who was above all else kind and noble in all ways. The King of Gan was named the 100 years King, because he was foretold to rule the Kingdom for 100 years, each year being more prosperous and happy then the last. And it was so.

On the first day of the final 99th year of his reign, the King and his young daughter went on a parade. Then, out of the clear blue sky, a black bolt of lightning ripped down and struck both of them, and they disappeared without a trace.

The King's seven most trusted advisors, the Kind Counts, have sent out messengers and bounties all over the land. They promise riches, fame, honor, and of course adventure. The mightiest of heroes are being called to search for and return the King to his throne. Will you heed the call?

>Homebrew System
>Discord; Text and/or Voice based on player imput
>Contact: Cacklecharm#5635
>Times: Weekdays, Mon-Thur
>Other-

This is a homebrew game that uses simple d20 mechanics most are familiar with, however it does not use Dungeons and Dragons classes, races, or magic. Instead, the game is a simple point buy affair with flexible character creation.

Seeking players interested in high fantasy adventure. I would prefer players more interested in having an enjoyable experience instead of "winning". I will be lurking in this thread to answer any other questions, but feel free to contact my discord even if you aren't interested in joining right away.

Here mate. I'm off to bed but and work most of the next day but we'll see what we can do sometime.
discord.gg/hV8RGM

What's your timezone?

I knew I forgot something. Pacific.

What kind of high fantasy is it? Like flying ships and shit? Likewise, what kind of tone are you going for? What time(afternoon? morning?) do you think is best for you?

I've seen you around a little bit. Saying that you're fine with ERP is going to be a major red flag for any game that isn't an ERP game for most people.

High fantasy as in there's magic creatures, common wizards, princess is magical, smiths forge magic weapons, etc.

Tone is probably fairly good defeating evil sort of thing. Not grimdark but not all cute and fluffy either I'd say. I mean there is evil here and there.

I'm on in the afternoons my time; 1-2 PM all the way through until 4 AM or so but only on my days off. Which is why I specified weekdays.

How long would you want each session to be on average, not counting player input. Likewise, which would you lean toward text or voice?

As for text/voice split; That's something I'd like to determine on session zero with the players. I also don't think it'd be that bad if some players stick to primarily voice/primarily text play in the same group, as long as we're all following along with the primary chain of events.

As for length of each session; I'd probably hover around 4-6 hours or so maybe, once again depending on how long the players can go for.

It sounds so far so good, but I'm generally only interested in voice only campaigns. Kinda makes it hard to gauge if I want to play since you said it'd be determined in session 0. I've been in split campaigns before and it gets awkward real fast.

>System Preferred
Basic Fantasy RPG
>Times Set (with timezone!)
Tuesday or Wednesday at 6 pm PST, sessions run 2-4 hours
>Voice or text
Voice (via Discord) for OOC, text for IC
>Contact Info/Discord Room Link
You can contact me on Discord @ Parseth#4481
>Additional Notes
Running a BFRPG game, need 1 more player (have three players already). Game will make use of a few small homebrew rules as well as some of the supplements. First game will be a Session 0 for character generation. Any questions and comments, you can message me about them. Will make use of Roll20 but only for mapping (grid activated but blank for the party to fill in as they see fit).

Shit, forgot to mention session 0 is today (01/16/2018)

>GM or Player
GM!
>Preferred System
We're going to be running D&D B/X! Cyclopedia specifically. An old games system from the 80s.
>Method of Play
Discord plus roll20! This campaign is VOICE.
>Contact Information
Discord: soniciscool3#5964
This contact is in fact very very real. It seems retarded because it very well is!
>Times Available
Somewhat spontaneous, but generally weekends(including thursday) or monday. EST!
>Other Details
plz no flake. We had one player who was too nervous and new to tabletop who just dropped out, and another who unfortunately had a very busy life and took it upon himself to leave.

Hopefully you'll be around for a bit of the game!

I'm interested but the spontaneous thing seems weird. How do you have times when everyone's available without setting it up so people can plan around it?

I usually ask a few days in advance if anyone is up for a game if they have no plans on X day, then the game is planned and ran!

Is this like a "west marches" thing?

It occurred to me that I should've included the times that are usually run. (Independent of day) 8pm EST.

What's the game about?

Not at all! Standard small group session.

It's Basic Fantasy RPG, a retroclone of B/X with some more modern changes (races are separate from class, ascending AC, some more). The game will be in a few "arcs" with the first arc a slightly modified published adventure, the second arc based on some classic modules and the third arc dealing with a major threat to the players.

Does that help?

I think basic RPG is somewhat interesting. Any unique races/setting stuff?

Not really. I'm staying fairly generic with a few gonzo twists here and there. Sorry if that's a bit of a bummer for you, but it was a personal choice. I've never ran a BFRPG game before and didn't want to complicate it too much until I have a better grasp of all of the mechanics.

Bump

Bump

What has been your experience play/dming with people from these threads?

Pretty good when things work out, and mostly just disappointing when they don't.

What is the ratio of "cool bros who are chill" and "aspy guys who cant talk to others and get mad" ?

...shit, you're right. Perhaps slapping that on wasn't the smartest choice in hindsight.

I'd say about 60/40 with the 60 being regular people.

Alright. good to know. I was thinking of running Lost Mines of Phandelver or something for new people if my classes dont work out as planned this semester. Spread the love of the hobby and what not.

Games that start out promising but suddenly get canceled after two sessions.

Hey, whatever bumps the thread buddy

I hear GMs are in high demand. That true?

Maybe, whos asking?

A guy who's life schedule may get a huge chunk of free time here in the next couple weeks and is thinking of running a game (maybe a shorter adventure) for some Veeky Forums bros

They're generally ok as people and players but there's huge turnover because without any real social bonds people have no problem flaking out without warning.

It's true.

It seems like theres always one guy in every game that is the token awful person.

>Gm or player
GM

>Preferred system
Dungeon Crawl Classics

>Method of play
Discord Voice

>Contact information
Strum#5123

Most days after 4pm EST

>Other details
I love DCC and my group does not play it :(

Low IQ

Nah, contrary to what autists believe they aren't actually smarter than people capable of verbal communication.

Hey guys doing a survey about GM's i'd appreciate it if you answered
strawpoll.me/14859620

You can clearly tell who is right by the amount of hate and idiocy their replies to you get.

>I think some people just hate text games because they hold preconceived notions about what those games entail.
Not him, but my experience with text games is that they're much slower and die out a lot faster than voice games.

>I mean, they could pretend to be a girl in character, but their voice would probably break any sense of immersion
I found that this is a very cheap excuse, unless you are Roleplaying in a very Adult way.

Cool anecdote. I've been playing with my text game based group for 3+ years.

Alright, good on you. Still, you have good company over in the "text is better department", don't you?

Bumping for this!

>makes a baseless claim
>has no evidence to support claim
>a counter-claim with equally strong supporting evidence (anecdotes) shows what a useless post he's made
>he has to resort to a useless ad hominem to support his 'side' of the argument.
If you prefer voice to text, then that's great user, just don't try and pretend you're somehow 'above' players in text games.

This is trash, don't play.

I CALL UPON THE GOOD GAMES.

Should have said 19th Century.

Bump.

>Gm or player
Player.
>Preferred system
Up for discussion. I mostly played systems such as Warhammer 40k, WoD and FFG Star Wars.
>Method of play
Discord. Text.
>Contact information
Ryo Asuka#7637
EST. Very flexible.
>Other details
I would ideally like to play a solo (e.g single-player) game, but I'm not opposed to playing with a group.