What's wrong with girls using unrealistic armor?

What's wrong with girls using unrealistic armor?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailywire.com/news/6072/australias-national-womens-soccer-team-lose-7-0-amanda-prestigiacomo#exit-modal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's just as stupid as guys using unrealistic armor?

In absolute terms, nothing. It all depends on context and application.

In a realistic setting, unrealistic armour doesn't fit the aesthetic and is going to clash and not make sense. Especially if every male is dressed in realistic armour while every female is dressed in boobplate.

It's about knowing what a settings priorities are and what it cares about, as well as ensuring the aesthetic remains consistent. Personally, I love settings with a more stylised, unrealistic aesthetic like the OP picture, but it also only works for a certain kind of setting and story, it clashes with an attempt to do something more gritty or grounded.

It’s fine if guys have unrealistic armor too.

Girls using unrealistic armor, obviously.

ITS UNREALISTIC YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID

Because it looks retarded and people will be going "why doesn't the enemy just stab her in the giant gap showing her bare tits and puncture her heart"

In a realistic setting women wouldn't be wearing armor to begin with.

Is it a magical girl thread?

They're pandering to boys before doing her work?

Or slice the artery on her bare thighs. Jesus what a dumb bitch.

But that only matters if a setting cares about realism. If it doesn't, then it's a non-issue, and settings which don't care about that are pretty popular for a reason. Some people are okay with prioritising aesthetics over authenticity.

nothing as long as they are cute and there is also an interesting story to it.

You see, people start to nitpick when they doesn't have the willing suspension of disbelief. And they give up with that the moment something stops to be enjoyable to them.

I'd probably puncture her back if you catch my drift.

If the Armor is enchanted then sure

Its the same kind of autists that get pissy when some media has mechs instead of tanks.
"IDS UN WEALLISTIC!!!!!!!!"

and yet if someone complains "why doesnt the man just win because girls are objectively weaker" hes an autist

>people start to nitpick when they doesn't have the willing suspension of disbelie
May you translate this for a monkey like me?

I mean, if the premise of the setting is 'all heroic adventurers are equal' then yes, bitching about it is autistic. Just like bitching about mecha settings, as puts it. If a setting is doing those things, then realism clearly doesn't matter, so bringing it up is irrelevant.

it means they be not givin no shits bout nutin so they start hollerin holl up over every little thing that be on their mind instead of playing.

Imageine something you really like, be it dnd, FATAL, wh40k, quest threads, whatever. If you really like them you will overlook some of the shortcomings because you enjoy it.
But if you hate it you will come up with every little error you can find and will put effort to find more just so you can shittalk it.
That's the base idea

Wyverns

vs

Dragons

Sounds better, thanks nigga.

That I am not fucking them right now.

In most of my games, things are heavily anime influenced to cater to my weeaboo ass players, so things can get kinda crazy. If someone draws their character with some boob armor it fits the over the topo setting and Shonen backdrop.

Meanwhile if the setting was more LotR/ Classic DnD/ Real Life with monsters the boob plate or battle bikinis would look out of place. All about context.

Back to the caves, neckbeard.

Yes

>implying magical women are not superior

Why can't an anime setting be realistic?
Also armors depends on the weather majorly.
In cold/rainy lands, full armors is a great source of heat, while wearing them in desert/dry lands is somewhat retarded.

I mean, he's not entirely wrong, but it's a nitpicky complaint that fails to acknowledge that 'realism' is a spectrum. Assuming women are as competent as men is 'unrealistic', but it also makes for a better game experience the vast majority of the time.

She's obviously living in a desert.

Because "girls are, on average, weaker than men" is not the same as "all girls are weaker than all men."

The tankfag autism about mechs is far greater than the wyvern dragon thing
besides
doesn't matter unless the setting actually has both in it

Nothing inherently.
It's like monster hunter.
Some armors are just ludicrous, but both men and women look ludicrous in them.
Some armors are supposed to be closer to realistic, so both men and women have that closer to realistic look with them.

The "wrong" factor only comes when it doesn't fit with the setting's style. Having super gritty and realistic settings and armors don't work well when you have half-naked women running around with full defense points.
Likewise super cinematic action tends to have the full armored people with helms dying first because that's how shit goes.

Nothing, if you have female warriors then realism already isn't something you're concerned about.

Except that doesn't make sense? Realism is a spectrum, it's not an all or nothing thing.

Looks like you don't really know fun women.

Depends on the setting. If it's Greek legend tier where the men go into battle benis flapping in the wind then sure

What has fun got to do with being a warrior if we're talking about reality? Warriors are just meant to be strong, that's it. And since men are on average much stronger than women, it makes no sense to have a female warrior unless they had something wrong with them that caused them to be super strong like a testosterone problem.

If the setting is absolutely realistic. Which most settings aren't. Making it irrelevant.

You're not wrong, I just meant that what I've got going on over here is way more over the top than realistic in terms of style. I'm 100% cool with anime having realistic elements.

He's not entirely wrong, but he is entirely an asshole for even caring or bringing it up to troll. There's always one "lol look im disrespecting women aint i funny" person in every thread about this. As accurate as he may be about the history of females being knights, it's still cringy to even care about it when in a fantasy setting.

It's just a guaranteed way of showing how much of a sperglord you are.

People like drawing cool or sexy armour. Men wearing armour covered in spikes with pauldrons that get rid of their peripheral vision and prevent them from raising their arms above their heads are impractical too.

I completely agree, it does tend to just be something people say to be an arsehole rather than actually thinking it adds anything meaningful to the experience of a game.

>Or slice the artery on her bare thighs. Jesus what a dumb bitch.
You know she's just a cheesecake drawing, right? She doesn't have anything to do with those girls who reject you on a daily basis.

>play a pure realistic game
>you get a small cut in your first fight
>your stats get worse and worse and you eventually drop dead from infection because of that cut

You know that speed is worth strength?
Also both can be strong or fast, I don't recall the Y chromosome to have the secret of battles.

Also most moder women are very aggressive, ambitious and dynamical. They'd have nothing to be ashamed of if they were warriors.

>but he is entirely an asshole for even caring or bringing it up to troll. There's always one "lol look im disrespecting women
Those are some wild assumptions, bud. How does that comment immediately get dismissed in your mind and not placed on the spectrum of realism which is what this entire thread is about?

A desert would mean more cloths tho.

Because it's virtually never accompanied by an explanation as to why they think it adds anything to the setting or the game. They usually just assert it as being correct and act as though you're losing something important if you disregard gender difference, regardless of how little they have to back up that assertion.

I think you may want to reread that comment, what it was responding to, and the entire context of that reply chain, because you are bringing quite a lot of baggage. This can be an interesting thread of negotiating tone and realism within games, but it doesn't work if people constantly impose their own meaning on others instead of genuinely pursuing understanding. I realize you can spin my last sentence back at me, but notice you never once inquired to what that user meant.

>autismo suddenly shrieks about realism if you mention a female knight in passing
>while hes probably playing some half-thing that never existed in real life and using magic
>not ignoring him

Men and women compete in different athletic events for a reason.

So tell me what including gender differences in a roleplaying game actually adds to the experience.

the same fighters plays in different weight categories
because it's optimized competition, with lot of participants, no reason to not categorize them
nothing to do with biological setting and training abilities

To clarify:
First, I am not , but I think these discussions have potential for value. Second, that was never my contention. I feel you are pushing that as the only framework for this discussion, and it is disappointing.

>You know that speed is worth strength?
Dexfags, when will they learn.

>bud
k
>placed on the spectrum of realism which is what this entire thread is about
You can't read, can you? in I said
> As accurate as he may be about the history of females being knights
Which is true, it is accurate. I never doubted your accuracy or dismissed it.
I'm just saying that out of the hundreds of neckbeards who are stating reasons why women are (bad/irrelevent/other insult) for "M-muh realism/ history", you are the one who actually cares about the context? If it's a fantasy setting with exceptions to realist and historical rules, the only reason you can really bring that up is if you're just a party pooper at best, or an /r9k/ sexist at worst.

I'm dismissing your comment's origins, not it's accuracy. The bottom line is, who cares enough to ruin the fun, or go out of their way to insult sex or race for the sake of keeping "realism".
Just as a quick example, I had a DM one time who didn't let a black dude play as a black character in our game because it was a European/"historic" setting. They had a big huge argument about it and it ended with tension at the table, obviously. Later down the line the DM introduced a black character, only an HOUR later. The argument picked up again, but this time one of them tossed how my GF was able to play a female in the setting, at the time she would be less than dirt, right? Needless to say it ruined all the fun and the entire group disbanded almost instantly. It was medieval fantasy. Who cares if someone wants to be black, female, or whatever else.

And Veeky Forums in particular, either through trolls or just assholes, is FILLED with these people. It's a waste of time, takes away from discussion due to ruining fun, and is just another way of gatekeeping the pen and paper RPG genre.

MB for wasting your time making you read this.

I don't care about your setting. I shall ruthlessly use the rules of reality and fiction to get every advantage I can get and nothing you do can stop me.

Even if exaggerated, it holds some truth. There are sections of the body that are vulnerable regardless of muscle mass or body fat. You really want to find your bodies optimal balance.

Honestly, I think it is. Sure, it's a spectrum, but if you're going to argue for things being at a particular point on it, you need to be able to argue why they should be.

I've never seen a good argument for including gender differences which doesn't fall back on edginess or misogyny, which is why I don't think it's invalid for the earlier poster to have dismissed it out of hand.

of course not
the real truth here is about size
something bigger is faster
something bigger is stronger

being tall is.. nice..

He isn't me (not sure if you thought so), but I think these discussions are valuable, so please don't feel I'd be wasting my time reading your comment. I feel it is strange to group such comments as insults, as we don't know the intent of the poster without inquiring. Especially when good discussion can be had with the premise. As you detail, it may have to do with your condition of such a premise being inherently unfun and bad experiences with similar concepts, so I guess it may contribute to your aversion and our disagreement.

To mention negotiating of realism again, my group usually has 2-3 unrelated campaigns simultaneously. While one can be mob 100 style shonen facade with the guts of teen angst, another may be hyper realism under retardedly violent banking firms. With regards to that, I'd like to give an example of why we seem to enjoy such a campaigns: as a puzzle. Even more than the rhetorical prowess and strategic genius many legendary woman possessed, focusing on such differences can back us into a corner and really gets problem solving into overdrive.

That isn't true, it depends on what fiber was encouraged. Ramping time increases with size, increased size doesn't automatically equate to functional strength. However, if your argument is 'if two equally strong, fast, and skilled opponents fight, the larger one generally wins' I agree.

>What's wrong with girls using unrealistic armor?

They are boring and unsexy.

this

But everything in that picture looks like cheap and nasty plastic. Also, she isn't even fit. She doesn't look like a warrior at all.

She's a cartoon not your waifu. Actually, I don't think he even qualifies as a Waifu. She looks more like a low-quality camp follower who has stolen stuff here and there and stitched it all together.

Aesthetic if anything.
When you design a game, you get to arbitrarily dictate how everything in that game works. Anything that is in any way only is that way because the author says so. So typically individual elements are either based on personal preference, or more likely what the author believes the preferences of his target audience to be, and try to come together holistically to form some sort of broad theme or feel.
So if you're going for the somewhat generic romanticized medieval period thing, then having flashy gaudy bejeweled armor that shows off tons of skin works against getting across that 'feel' of the sort of thing you're going for. They'll all wear shiny looking plate, with fancy crests and some painted on coat of arms and so on. On the other hand if you want to go for some over the top wuxia game where the characters are ridiculous and beautiful and all that then its more common to see people strutting around in something you might see in some stupid fashion show runway thing.

>applying agency to, and insulting a drawing

I guess it depends on the subgenre. If its high fantasy, then whatever you can have illusions and force fields and wade into fights in a swimsuit.

If the game is billed as being realistic and everyone looks like they're from an anime, I'm raising my hand.

>Actually dies from an arrow to the upper chest in the story.

Suspension of disbelief. Some wacky hijinks are acceptable, too many all at once spoil a setting.

In a stereotypical "realistic" setting, women routinely being mainline fighters is already -1 realism. Dumb armor makes it even worse. Save your mates brains, use ladyknights not amazons.

I've always wondered why the Chosen of Slaanesh look so ugly when they're supposedly all about perfectionism. I half expect at least some of their champions to look like Greek statues that got off their plinth to walk the galaxy.

It really depends on the person wearing it. A chaste and noble virgin should be clad in modest plate armor while a slut gets slut armor. Tribal people can also wear slut armor without it breaking suspension of disbelief.

I can totally accept slut armor if it is stated to be magic outright. I'm fine with using magic to justify inane stuff.

They're like those people addicted to plastic surgery.

dailywire.com/news/6072/australias-national-womens-soccer-team-lose-7-0-amanda-prestigiacomo#exit-modal

wishing for it to be true doesnt make it so

Shit like this makes it difficult to respect women in any capacity.

wrong

Why? It's basically irrelevant to everyday life.

top quintile of women is as strong as bottom quintile of men
women would absolutely have their shit pushed in if the setting was any kind of realistic, unless there's a very big advantage men don't have.

>its a way of gate keeping
but that's exactly the point, to keep women out.

Int > all

Thats right, have to get this thread back on topic

Some people don't like it because of objectification or whatever. Some people don't like it because it isn't realistic. That's okay. I'm fine with unrealistic armor. It looks cool.

With hot underaged cartoon girls?

I don't know why people argue against ceremonial armor, it was even used by generals who weren't on the front lines.
>no fun
oop, forgot this was Veeky Forums

>hot
N-NANI?!
magical girls

I had fun once and it was awful. I hope you can understand.

>actually describing what kind of armor you are wearing

There's a guy in my group that does this with his martials and it annoys the shit out of me. Nobody cares what armor you have, it makes no difference on your character or the story, just say Light medium or heavy.

It's about a 50/50 split between perfectionists and drug addicts with slaanesh. Like with "the radiant king in his joyous repose" in primogenitor. Dude looked like a Greek statue and was flawless in almost every aspect.

And yes that's his name.

That might be your preference, but what your character chooses to wear can say a lot about them, and describing it can be fun. I guess it's more a matter of whether it lines up with your groups playstyle though. Personally, I love it when the PC's in the game I run get a chance to go full fashion.

>Nobody cares what armor you have

Maybe in your group user. Mine likes detail, we're simulationists.

>to go full fashion
Thats why I love running westerns, appearance means such a great deal.

>ITT: You are enjoying things the wrong way

Watch the first 2 Hellraiser movies, they are the best depiction of a Slaaneshi cult I have seen

Boobplate is pleb tier and bikini armor is only acceptable in conan or mad max tone settings where not even the people in universe give a shit about practicality. Patricians prefer armor that obviously leaves room for breasts without being form fitting

How about frilly armor dresses?

Assuming that it's understood in universe to be constructed for ornamentality first and effectiveness second, then sure. But irl you would still have shit taste

>he browses /pol/

>Implying anyone deserves respect
As I mentioned, wishing doesn't make it so. Having my entire gender scorn the great gender equalizer doesn't help much either.

while I dont believe it personally some even consider women less intelligent than men because they have far less neurons and synapses