Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1998: SCIENCE! Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_cpru7oUjGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Something Neil occasionally forgets when he goes off on religion, forgetting that one cannot prove a negative
Ironically, The Big Screen does allow you to prove a negative by saying it while a child is watching. Also The Big Screen completely short circuits the need to do science, because it can just check whether any factual statement is true or false.

>How Unscientific
What is an example of something that doesn't work on scientific principles? Anything that can be described in a perk at least has to have some reproducible effect for the perk text to explain it.

>As a Supplement
Please don't do this.

In Universal Paperclips, is there anything I can do to speed up my creativity production, besides buying more Processors?

No and yes. If you paperclip the entire universe, you can restart in a new universe with a 10% increase in Creativity.

youtube.com/watch?v=_cpru7oUjGM

IT ALL BEGAN IN 94

Are there any perks that would let you survive the death of someone you've possessed with the Possession power from Dishonored?

Death of the Dreamer from NiGHTS might work?

>This does not bode well.
She volunteered and helped a lot during the initial creation process.
>Why the percentages? Just make it be a general buff to creativity and competance, the percentile/year shit just feels like a videogame mechanic.
Ah, alright.
>I think it would be more appropriate to swap these two, because the former comes with scientific progress instant knowledge as well as a group motivation effect
Hmm…you’re right, that does make more sense.
>What does this have to do with the show?
If I remember right, it was because It was being advertised in that’s months Nat Geo alongside it.
>Considering the wide scope of what this offers-including potentially irreplacable, unique apparatus-this should either replace the 600 CP item or be limited to equipment available to the general public.
Hmm…alright, will do.
>Is this relavent in the show?
Considering that the perk line is based on Elon Musk, I thought it was appropriate.

Also showed up towards the end as a What-If, Hypothetical Future scenario.
>This breaks the 4th wall a little too much; if humans actually posessed technology like this there wouldn't NEED to be this show. Why not have it be an advanced simulation chamber that lets you observe the same phenomena with a high degree of accuracy, without the weirdness of actually travelling there, at whatever the "speed of narrative" is meant to mean?
That’s what it actually is, as listed in notes section…but I’ll clarify that in the future.
>I don't feel these are appropriate when at no ponit has Neil deGrasse Tyson advocated taking over the world. Or explained how to do so.
Yeah, I wasn’t thinking.
>And this just goes over the line in what I find acceptable in a show set in an otherwise mundane reality.
Yeah…I don’t know what I was thinking two years ago.
>Over all it's...much better than I feared! Still a few quibbles here and there, but from what little I know of the show it's a surprisingly good start.
Thank you!

That's…not how it was intended. It's more that it cross-references with certified and verified sources (such as academic papers) and makes a call.

1. Tinkertech (others can't reproduce it), 2. Magic (Faith-based)

…I thought I got rid of that…

Since we talked about it before the thread ended, Jumpers, care to post how your personal mecha looks like?

>mecha
Ugh.

>1. Tinkertech (others can't reproduce it),
But other people can reproduce it in theory, the people in that setting just lack the understanding necessary because the technology is designed to be very difficult to reverse engineer.

>2. Magic (Faith-based)
Put your faith based magician in a room with a target, have him say his prayer, and observe whether or not a lightning bolt strikes the target. Boom, science.

I see this picture and immediately think that's what Warhammer Titan during the Golden Age would look like. Power incarnate.

I don't really have any pictures of my mechs. Never really found any that I liked. Not a fan of the Gundam or Battletech look. Most are just kinda, Meh.

It's like this, if you can find a way to make your tinkertech reproducible /then/ you can use it, but if you made/found that tech in Worm, it'll be unuseable in the Jump with that drawback until those designs get approved.

Yes, that's the point, it needs to be tested against the Scientific Method in order for it to work…but seeing as you're locked out until someone else gets the same results, I recommend getting someone else to do it for you.

Tall and sleek, with plating shaped to emphasize the internal artificial muscle. Kind of like an Evangelion, especially the designs from Evangelion ANIMA.

>Not having a mech to replicate this

Pretty much like this if it's CQC, otherwise it's just a modified Megas XLR.

>Reverse Engineer
That is one of the reasons I am so tempted to take the Reverse Engineering Power in Worm if only so I can start figuring out all the other Tinker Tech floating around.

Have a companion take the Math and Inference Engine working alongside me so we can break it all down as we go. Just start with breaking down modern tech and work our way up as we go.

Just learn how to make shards or grab a fork of Dragon. She keeps the power upon backing up so there is no reason to believe the fork doesn't also have the power until if develops far enough to not register to the shard as the same being.

Eh, Tinkertech isn't that great, on the grand scale of things. Bakuda's bombs are the only really impressive thing we ever see done with it, you're better off with tech from other worlds.

…Civ's |Tech Tree| will help with that.
>600cp - Tech Tree: You and your people are brilliant innovators, easily seeing the steps they need to take to reach the next inevitable phase of a technology, or the foundational research and technologies to make the next quantum leap forward in science and design.
With this perk, you automatically know what you need to research to make another innovation possible. If for example you wish to create a trebuchet, you realize you need to learn more about material sciences, construction, and so on, to achieve your goal. This perk works best when you have an idea of what the end goal is, with the further out you reach, the more steps it outlines.

So, what's your strategy for the Paperclip gauntlet? Literally transforming all the matter in the universe into paperclips is bound to be pretty hard to accomplish.

BIG PISTON ARMS

Actually makes me wonder about the Tech level that a paperclip making AI can get to in a semi reasonable timeframe. I mean it strip mines the universe in like a day or two if we take play time to equate to real game time.

>tfw no Evangelion mecha import option
Muyo made great jumps, but I wish that he could come back just to update stuff like this.

Ever waifu the harem protagonist? If so, who? and how did their harem take it?

I'm not even sure how I'd go about making my own Shards really without taking all the Shard Origin perks and then duplication powers and every super power I can along the way through my chain or something.

From what I understood its all tech from across millions of years and thousands of civilizations.

Oooooh, shiny. Thank you random user. This will make a fine addition to my collection. Now to back it up with companions who have it and such.

Just pay a reasonable amount (100-200CP) and do it anyway. Importing has become common enough that I doubt many will complain about you doing that.

Drain the shard making knowledge from Eden, out of jump magic would work well for this given there is no such thing as magic in Worm. Unless Pact is in the same multiverse and Wildbow has just never mentioned it that is.

I intend to hack into and dismantle the Machine Network in NieR Automata from within. What kind of hacking ability am I gonna need to breach their security, and what jumps should I look to for the perks I need?

>if we take play time to equate to real game time.
Tbh I think that's pretty ridiculous. Imo everything goes so fast in the game because nobody wants to sit years in front of a computer playing this game.

Ordinary Man and Natural Genius, hand them out to suitable candidates and collect the powers from them to give to other people.

Von Neumann probes are your friend in that endeavor. Until they start drifting, anyway, at which point they become a healthy mix of useful ally and staunch enemy.

My assumption is that the in-game timescales and numbers are not necessarily accurate. Mainly because that would imply really weird things about the market. You can still develop quickly, just not that quickly. Or do develop that quickly, it's all singleplayer and I'm not a cop.

>FemKazuma

I kinda want.

>From what I understood its all tech from across millions of years and thousands of civilizations.
Yeah, and most of those civilizations didn't have particularly powerful tech, because the Entities (or at least, the evolutionary line that lead to Zion and Eden) only go after planet-bound civilizations to simplify containment and avoid species with strong AI because they're scared of them. So we're talking pre-Singularity civilizations of Type 1 or lower on the Kardashev scale. The stuff they might have is impressive to a modern-day Earth, but a jumper can get so much better.

2 days till universe eating super paperclip AI. Honestly nah that just doesn't appeal to me. I mean it would probably take a couple days for the basic stuff we buy to arrive so I'm guessing completely conquering the universe is like a millenia long task at minimum.

Could we get a Jump of Evangelion ANIMA? Is it alternate universe enough to get it's own Jump?

She's very waifu-able

It's very alternate universe, yes. What it is not is well-translated, so it would be hard to make a jump of.

Isn't Shard making a part of their biology or something?

Explain? What is Ordinary Man? Natural Genius? How do I hand them out?

Oh, agreed. After a couple Jumps they could probably get very silly tech-wise. Still, Reverse Engineering makes for a much more fun time IN setting and out of setting considering what it does.

Its a real toss up to me which to take. Part of me loves the mechanical and wants to go Reverse Engineering but the other part of me see Inference Engine being more practical all round.

>Take Terminal origin
>Take the always in control of a hivemind perk somewhere (I think it was one of Val's jumps)
There

Fem!Kazuma

What would be her name? Isn't Kazuma a male name? Also what would her relationship with Aqua, Darkness, Chris, and Megumi change compared to regular Kazuma?

Would she be stealing attractive men's underwear or both gender's?

>both gender's?
This.
Remember, guy on guy is gay
Girl on girl is hot

I need a solid bro who's a little perverted for a Companion. The kind of guy you'd want to have your back in a fight, but who would also give you a high five after you rattled pictures off the walls with the local hotties.

In return, this excellent picture of a scarf.

Sounds like Kamina from Gurren Lagann

Naotsuga from Log Horizon.
He keeps pictures of panties on the inside of his shield. Also, he gets abused by Worst Girl and deserves good things to happen to him.

Which of the Kamen Rider jumps would be fairly safe for an early chain jumper relying on Spiderman powers from the Trilogy jump?

...I'd suggest Issei Hyoudou, but saying he's a "little perverted" is a bit of an understatement.

Unless it's guy on trap, then it's okay.

>Kazuma get's a second life, but as a female. Having to deal with having a male memories but female body. Muddled together it makes Kazuma attracted to both sexes. After all "So long it's cute."

I did an isekai mini-arc before starting my chain proper(aka I sorta just merged my side chain and my then current chain since it felt like it worked well)

So I picked up this baby. Currently got it imported in Gurren Lagann and I skimmed over it but I need to thing a bit more about my macross build than just getting the Zentradi version of Damsel in Duet.

That makes me think of a short comic I saw a while back, where his wish for getting aqua was misinterpreted so he was sent to the new world AS Aqua.

It is shaped like a dragon (though a bit more articulate than pic related). Because why not be a dragon when you can be?

Something like this, but sapphire instead of gold. And probably more Evangelion-y, since it's a hellstrider.
She likes playing Crusader Kings, except with real empires.

Heisei Part 1 should be fine, that's around the level of most of the Grongi and Lords. If you get a transformation device, you'll be even better.

This is either a brilliant or terrible idea
>NTR the harem by fucking their protag
DO EET

>Being a shitty goddess

Was this a doujin? It sounds like a good plot for one. Ending with Kazu!Aqua getting knocked up and whored out.

Well Endless Legend has a companion who plays wingman for you.

And Metal Slug has an option to get a robot version of yourself so if thats how you roll you can have your own copy be your proverbial Bro.

I had a torrid love affair with pic related, does that count?

Naotsuga is under appreciated. Infact, all of Log Horizon needs more love! Who do you guys companion (if anyone) from log horizon?

yeah, I think it was only like 1 page though. Not sure if any continuation was posted.

...wait, the tank or the girl?

Well, as long as he keeps his own intelligence that’s actually be a pretty good deal from a purely crunch/stats point of view.

She’s only worthless because she’s an idiot.

Meh. Really strong boob fetish aside, Issei is a pure, vanilla snowflake gentlemen. The girls have to literally get naked and throw themselves at him to go further than light gropping.

Yes.

I daughteru’d Isuzu. She was cute and I felt really bad for her so I sort of took her in and eventually whisked her away.

No, I wasn’t trying to keep her from Rudy, and how dare you think that.

Nah, I just intervene in the plot so that the highly-specific circumstances that lead their haremettes to falling for them don't happen, and then play matchmaker for said haremettes so they'll be happy in other relationships. Because I am a cruel god.

The tank, obviously. I mean, it counts as a harem right, since it’s got five girls already and several that lavish attention on it.

I'm still pretty early in my chain. Trying to keep the power creep down. But thanks.

Huh. Not familiar with that anime. I'll give it a look. He sounds like he'd fit right in.

Those are good suggestions too. The robot version of myself might be a little weird though. Then again, the number of naughty puns that could be made about his various "modes" would be epic.

Found it. As far as I can see, it seems to be a one shot though. On looking back at it, it wasn't particularly good.
I was tempted to daughteru her but she seemed perfectly content as is, so I ended up as a mentor rather then anything else

I accidentally waifu’d Girl Form Ranma. I didn’t mean to do so, but I did. And this ended up earning me the attention of everyone attracted to either side of him/her. Needless to say, they reacted very violently.

How far would a Luther Strode-tier Hercules Method student get in Dark Souls using just native equipment and no magic?

when you say girl form, do you mean while separated, or while normal? Cos I'm incredibly curious how one would manage to waifu 'manly man' Ranma.

Depends on where you stand on Lore v. Gameplay.

I like taking that option and a couple others to make copies of myself. Just so I can do scenes like the group of Selves working on various things and someone whistles, then the whole group is leaning to watch the same chick go by.

I had a list around here. I think you could get like 4-5 copies of yourself as companions? So yeah, being my own brother can be interesting but it has its perks.

How high power if Log Horizon anyways? It looks mostly D&Dish.

>tfw my harem is better at keikaku than me and enjoy the sight of me tearing my hair out when /another/ girl falls for me
And they keep doing it with the yanderes! Do you know how much work it is to keep half a dozen yanderes from murdering everyone female I meet? Too damn much even with using multiple bodies.

It’s mostly pretty low power, tactical level at best.
That being said, we know that some world changing magic exists, in the form of World Fractions, Shiroe being able to grant immortality and whatever Plant Hwyadan is up to, But as far as I know it hasn’t been explored or detailed.

KEPT ON ROLLIN' in '95

I actually did that to Kronus in Episode G. Disguised myself as a Silver Saint and let things happen until he got his body back and went amnestic. At that point I kidnapped him and took him to my harem dimension. Rhea and all those other bitches were wildly angry and I had to fight off the Gold Saints as well since the Pope wanted Kronus dead so that there'd be no threat to his rule.

>Log Horizon needs more love

No. Let it die.

There are perks for that. Pretty sure there’s something that makes your partners accept an ‘open’ relationship on your end in A Brother’s Price.

NO, FUCK YOU. AKATSUKI WORST GIRL

Why you gotta be like dat man?

Impossible everyone knows that Tetra is worst girl(male)

>having control over what perks you get
you lucky bastard

And it's not the problem that the relationship isn't open, it's that they just think it's fucking hilarious to expand it.

Can someone post the mummy jump. Please

Why tho? I can clearly see that Spongebob pdf.

I would take Tetra over Ashitsuki, penis and all.

Sure thing.

Not that user, but I had to quit reading the LN when players kept discovering obvious shit that NPCs should have discovered long ago.
Like how to make fucking food. It's goddamn obvious, and there's no way players wouldn't have figured that shit out within five minutes.

There isn't much to discuss. I can't even update the jump with more of the OverSkills or such because they haven't been explored enough.

Damn, I wanted to make a section for those. Like soujirou's precog, akatsuki clones, shiroe's contract (kinda op), leonardo's "one skill per hand, lol", or even nureha's overlay.

I was thinking more for the Yanderes, but yah, not sure how to fix the other half of the issue. Besides just talking to them and convincing them to stop.

Why is it obvious though?
I’ll give you a hint, it’s because you have always manually cooked food. For Landers, they have always used the menu. That’s just The Way It Is. To them, there was no way OTHER than using the menu

Thank you

The menu recipe includes step by step instructions for making the goddamn food.

Landers are stupid barbarians who don't have a thought in their heads that a player or dev didn't put there, I don't know why this is hard for you.

>>Damn, I wanted to make a section for those. Like soujirou's precog, akatsuki clones, shiroe's contract (kinda op), leonardo's "one skill per hand, lol", or even nureha's overlay.
Just do it mate.

What's the difference?

Which they probably tried a long time ago and got nasty purple goop so shelved the idea as not working