Does your habe Angels or Demons in it?

Does your habe Angels or Demons in it?

Just one or the other?

How do they work?

Depends on the habe

God that typo.

>habe
Ja, Ich habe

>wehn you raelly ned to post a sexy picture on Veeky Forums but don't habe time to reed the pointless filler text you inculded

The closest thing to actual angels in my setting are the Celestials, Higher Dimensional beings that have been caught in an eon long war with the would be demons, the Hellborne. This war has spanned the entire Milky Way galaxy for thousands of years, catching all the resident spacers in the wake of the fighting. The Hellborne actually are not from the galaxy either, in fact, not even the Celestials, with their "bird's eye view" of our dimensional plane from their own, can pinpoint where Hellborne come from. The Hellborne are a scourge that invade galaxies by opening up a giant interplanar portal, that's more like a maw that is dozens of lightyears across. The Hellborne come through, and burn planets and systems to ash and dust, while employing shock troop Hellborne battle castes to torture and destroy anything that is currently living in said systems. They eat the ash of the tortured and murdered, which is why they get up close and personal with their invasions.

Relating back to the Celestials, they actually have a hard time seeing when they are inducted into our lower 3 Dimensional Plane, because they are used to living 4D. In fact their battle classes (that you see in the game) are more like fingerpuppets they employ from their own home dimensional plane.

Here are the Hellborne battle castes, I got them commissioned.

As they eat more tortured ash they grow up/metamorphasize/evolve like pokemon into each bigger caste.

Imps are hurled like grenades en masse to infect enemies with a bite filled with Shade, what they are essentially made of.

These guys are a real hoot. They are like super angry and evil versions of the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz. Love destroying stuff.

The guys always come in pairs and have a psionic shockwave like AOE attack. Their shade cloak covers their weak points and you have to shoot through a gaps in the whisps.

These things are pretty much like Hive Knights from Destiny. If you get too close they will tear you limb from limb.

>Does your habe Angels or Demons in it?
Yes, both angels and demons, and "Titans".

>How do they work?
Angels are nice, Demons are mean, Titans are neutral.

This is the final form of a battle caste Hellborne., These things are over 60 feet tall. They rip your soul out and hang it on their floating horns to rot.

i prefer divine entities to be really abstract because the nature of the divine should be pretty much incomprehensible to mortals imo

Are titans meant to be more aligned with something like purgatory, or the mundane world of man?

Also are there fallen angels, risen demons, or any interesting offspring between them?
Is there a good inverse of the word divine?

mortal?

divine used in the context of deific figures does not mean inherently good, if that's what you're asking. that's why there's no word for "a bad divine figure"

Profane is the word you're looking for.

this too

>Does your habe Angels or Demons in it?

Thanks, that works. I was going to ask if it’s good to have eggs profane be incomprehensible.

>Are titans meant to be more aligned with something like purgatory, or the mundane world of man?
Titans are angels who grew jealous of the freedom of mortals, and shirked their duties. They were punished by being made mortal themselves, and upon death they don't go to Hell nor Heaven, but rather their soul is obliterated entirely. However, they still have the power they had as angels, meaning that they tend to be gigantic creatures that can't be killed with anything short of a nuke (or holy/demonic equivalent). They live in an entirely separate realm from humans, and although both humans and Titans can travel back and forth to each other's lands, they prefer to avoid doing so whenever possible.

>Also are there fallen angels, risen demons, or any interesting offspring between them?
Well demons are just fallen angels. Demons cannot redeem themselves, or if they can, there has never been a known case of one ever trying to do so. Neither angels nor demons can breed with humans or each other.

Now, Titans, having been made mortal, can breed with each other. Also, Titans can redeem themselves and upon doing so go to Heaven when they die, or they can reject redemption entirely and turn into a demon. There's not a lot of cases of this happening though, most of the Titans are the original generation who knew damn well what the consequences of their actions would be.

It does.

Both.

They're basically modern pop Angels and Demons, except I applied some different aesthetics to them, because I'm a superficial person overly interested in style over substance. Specifically, all of the Angels are like Fish, with long, wide fins running down their arms and backs, so they swim through the air instead of flapping around. Conversely, Demons have Bird motifs applied to them, possessing any variety of beaks instead of horns, and their legs are covered in feathers and terminate in talons, instead of being covered in fur and terminating in hooves.

These changes are meant to go along with the interpretations of the Afterlife in my Setting, which are referred to as the Seven Seas Above and the Nine Skies Below.

Demons are souls who habe taken a physical form without being born. In fact, souls who habe never incarnated at all could also be considered demons though they are incorporeal so they don't do much in-game.

Angels are ascended mortals who habe been chosen to join one of two inter-planar knightly orders. The first is the Order of the Pale Torch who fight demons while the second is the Order of the Burning Wheel who are in charge of keeping the whole reincarnation cycle going.

The battle between demons and angels go like this...
> Some gods kill 332 of the 333 demon-kings
> Demons declare war on the second generation of gods for revenge
> Second generation gods begin the OPT to fight demons
> OPT kidnap the last living devil-king and imprison him
> Demons are attempting to invade heaven to save their king

So the titans are decidedly neutral then. As opposed to something like Djinn which can be all over the place.

A pet race idea I have are angel-demon hybrids named Nephiliim. Also I favor both the ideas of fallen angels and risen demons who prefer to side with Man.

>So the titans are decidedly neutral then
Yes. There are asshole Titans which have kidnapped humans for nefarious purposes, but by and large Demons want to destroy God whereas Titans just want to be left alone.

>A pet race idea I have are angel-demon hybrids named Nephiliim
I take it that demons and angels are two separate "species" entirely then?

I go over a few settings, but for the most part I prefer Demons and angels being seperate, yes. Like if they are if the same kind (species) then whatever has made them different has been around so long that they are now no longer of the same kind.

Also I like having Fey as a djinn style inbetween race.

That's interesting. I have fey as well, but they're not divine or anything like that, they're just another species like humans. They're also rare and their powers tend to either be useless or completely overpowered.

Angels are just the servants of the different gods of the pantheon. They take different forms depending on how each player made their own god. They range from pretty weird and unknowable, to typical winged/halo-d angelic humanoids.

Demons are what happens when stray divine power kind of falls through the cracks and coalesces into things. Usually for these purposes it would be around negative aspects like some cult coming to believe in their own god in secret, which comes to form after enough time and faith. Stuff like that, or like locations which end up being affected by it.

In my setting, they are a mix of old school fey myths and djinn. They live in alternate dimensions that are extra magical (like seasons change by the day and such), some are good, some are bad, some don’t care. Most are limited shapeshifters, but the rules are fuzzy. They have their own political intrigue and such. They largely get along with other races (as much as other races get along with each-other) but given how alien they are, how hard it is to even contact them, and how they can screw you over, most people avoid bothering them.

Also most magical constructs are related to fey somehow, but I haven’t decided the rules for that.

What would a child born between an angel and demon be like?

Edgy fanfic protagonist, probably.

What if it’s like the dark and light cancel each-other out? And protagonist just has to rely on exotic nature and mysterious backstory to seduce women to be his battle Harem?

Yes, I habe both.

Angels are the servants of the ultimate good Gods- THE LORDS OF LIGHT. The angels appear as pure white animals or bursts of sudden color, only appearing in radiant form when things are truly dire. Angels only interact with the normal world to save the lives of innocents or guide heroes on a noble quest.

Demons are truly evil and come from a realm separate even from the underworld; Demons come into this world only through evil blood magic performed by sorcerers who give in to their temptations for power or wealth; and they wish to destroy everything good and pure in the world.

Angel dragons?

What ever gave you that impression?

Appearing as animals, so why not appear as dragons?

I think dragons of divine or profane flavors are cool either way.

I would have preferred to make dragons more neutral then that, but I can easily see a bloody helldragon, so sure a white angel dragon why not.

By pure white animals I usually mean something serene or gentle, like a dove or a lamb, MAYBE a tiger for badass factor. But a dragon could work in a high stakes, end of the world type scenario.

Yes, my setting has angles and demons. Demons are the disembodied spirits of the now long dead Nephilim. They want to poses material things and locations because they remember what it was like to have a body, and want experience that again. Angels are beings created by God at the beginning of time. Humans sense that they arnt exactly like us mortals because sometimes you can see the cosmos in their eyes. Sometimes its the aura of light and firey sword that gives it away.

Fallen angels exist, where as risen demons do not due to their currently dead state. There were however redeemed Nephilim who have long since passed on and do not exist as demons.

Demons, yes, angels, kind of.

Basically, the demons of the setting were once an elder race of creatures that tried to build a kind of magic machine to siphon the energy of god to kill it and live forever. Their machine backfired, splitting god in half and wiping themselves out entirely. The god entity's halves became the sun and moon, and the sheer magical backlash of the event split the realms of the spirits and the living apart. The elder race's souls still persist, some bound to objects or places, but most just persist in the astral plane. Over the millenia, their souls became twisted by their hatred and their natural vanity, and they became monstrous creatures, or demons. Whenever an eclipse happens, the astral and physical planes collide for a time and they can wreak havoc.

On the flip side, the sun and moon represent two different dichotomies. The sun is love and understanding. She holds no grudge against the elder race but knows that they're a danger to mortals, so she keeps away from the moon. The moon is longing and hunger. It longs to be whole again and chases its other half, and its longing embodies the spirit of the hunt. Eventually, the hunter always catches its prey, but the sun embodies some mortals with its power to protect them when the planes overlap. She can't give much, and her gifts are both powerful and never meant for mortal bodies. They often end up as incredibly powerful, near divine beings whose own power tears them apart from the inside.

I imagine there’d be regular dragons. If it’s voluntary shapeshifting then why not shapeshift into a dragon for combat purposes?

So sun angels for a sun god? Sounds metal.

Too powerful, probably.

A "normal" angel can probably take the form of a few animals, cause a few minor miracles, heal a few injuries, maybe take human form. Only a truly badass archangel type of being could take the form of a white celestial dragon.

Well obviously you save it for the top-tier Angels. You need to give the legions of Satan a fighting chance.

Sounds good to me, thanks for collaborating with me user.

Welcome!

Angels tend to be greater spiritual entities, mighty in power and wisdom. Capable of altering reality to some extent, at least insofar as is permitted of them by the powers yet higher. Some "angels" are more like servitor drones for the true powers.

Demons, on the other hand, consist of angelic degenerates and malformed amalgamations of magic.

Now, the unfortunate problem with true Angels and Demons is that they both perceive the common reality as a sort of fiction.

Angels are less interested in truly opposing evil than they are in the telling of inspiring, noble, or beautiful stories. Tragedies can be just fine for them. The dead get to go to afterlife after all, so it's not like it means much to them. Their favorite characters will still be around, even after their tragic demise.

Demons are degenerates with degenerate tastes. "That guys" who deliberately want to create something loathsome and disgusting because they get off to it, and to ruin the stories the Angels are trying to tell.

Angels and demons are just different models of magically constructed servitors for the gods. Angels are generally in the service of the "good" gods and are based on purity, and so look clean and relatively simple in terms of design. This purity can manifest in repetition of certain design elements, overall simplicity, or symmetry. Demons are highly corrupted and so may look uncanny or strange, with many clashing design elements or an overabundance of detail. How any look or function is almost completely up to the discretion of the entity that created it, and so they vary wildly based on what they serve, but generally angels are more direct and destroy less (but will utterly raze something if they are ordered to) while demons are seriously fucky in how they deal with things and love everything from convoluted schemes to brute destruction. Another main axis of their behavior is that angels are more liable to preserve something, while demons will distort it in some way (twisting it out of recognition or just destroying it). The delineation exists more for the ease of mortals to contextualize the actions of divine servants. There are also divine servitors used only by specific gods that embody something that can only be represented within their own domain (for example, the servitors that bear the souls of the dead to the afterlife made by the god of death).

Yes

Angels are ascended human souls that have passed through many lives and maintained spiritual virtue and purity throughout. After passing one last test in which they are incarnated with a fraction of their future powers and none of their memories, they ascend to the least of the Lacunae in service of the powers of Song.

Demons are basically the opposite, the dregs of the human soul that are cast off when a man dies. They are weighted down by the sin of their iniquity and sink into the earth to form a bubbling, caustic ooze which eventually burn out vast chasms in the darkness below, that mortals call "hells". Sometimes they breach the surface, and seek to find a mortal soul to infect, which they slowly twist into inhuman forms or else turn into a hellish womb to birth vile petty spirits called Imps. Sometimes, though, the hell can't find release and the miasma boils and condenses into purified sin, an Archdemon.