Cyberpunk general

Cyberpunk general.

Post cyberpunk stuff, inspiration, resources, music, pics, hell if your feeling inspired do some writing. Try not to derail the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dVyJcxY9Oe4
youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk
youtube.com/watch?v=CwNAqKKpVuU
youtube.com/watch?v=1DCZ-josP4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGfYnEoGDGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=x4dJEAjyiMg
youtu.be/1U7TRDFjnFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love these.

Printing your own guns...now thats cyberpunk.

What's so cyberpunk about a karambit?

It looks modern, the colour scheme. Idk we can find inspiration anywhere if we look, im just trying to mix it up with a wide range of material.

You telling me you cant imagine that strapped to some hired killers belt?

Which of the two things would be worse?

Getting to escape the dying earth, but only because the Corps want to exploit other planets.

Or seeing something good, a Corp-entity funded by the people, run by the people, for the people, literally corrupt itself within your lifetime into the very thing it was built to oppose?

This. Give so cheap they cost less than the ammunition.

Some stores might give them out for free with bulk purchases.

At least space travel has some level of optimism, like a hopefulness for mankind as a whole, we become a space faring civilisation, regardless of the motivation.

Seeing anything good turn into something bad always sucks, its kind of the opposite, its the death of hope, the initial shining light fades and dulls and is snuffed out. Corruption is rarely pretty.

Classic

I can see a big basket of them in a corner and a sign.

5 credits each or 3 for 12

You get to sift through them and find a few that you like. Kind of a bargain bin for disposable firearms.

Also pieces of absolute shit, depending on the material used in their production. If it's ductile or brittle then the gunpowder will likely warp or shatter the thing in your hands.

Which gives the need for low-power ammunition a reason to be.

Also gives people a reason to make their own "adjustments".
>You see that crapshot she's got? The one made of metal?
>She made it herself.
>No she didn't fucking print it himself! You idiot! If she could print metal she'd print something better than a crapshot.
>No, she made it first out of 3rd-grade plastic, then replaced it piece by piece as she got the tools to do so.
>Used to only handle the home-made shit anyone can scrounge up with time and knowledge, but now?
>Now she only feeds it pure, milled, cased bullets. And she only takes it out for executions.
>Guess why she's fingering it right now?

Low level street scum roll the dice if they risk using one of em, yeah, you might squeeze the trigger, and i might cop some lead, but you're just as likely to lose a few fingers or the whole fucking hand, you have to ask yourself, how much do you trust that chunk of cheap plastic in your hand? As much as i trust mine?

Some schway tunes here
youtube.com/watch?v=dVyJcxY9Oe4
youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk
youtube.com/watch?v=CwNAqKKpVuU
youtube.com/watch?v=1DCZ-josP4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGfYnEoGDGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=x4dJEAjyiMg

it irks me that modern cyberpunk doesn't incorporate this idea of surveillance camouflage more.

Ive been digging the daniel deluxe album corruptor recently, that and the ruiner soundtrack, but im still not sure if i actually like it or not.

I think that were just so used to being casually watched all the time that it seems weird to fight it, your recorded almost every second your in a public space, there are cameras everywhere, your phone spews out metadata thats already collected by a megacorp. People are fine with being monitored, well maybe not fine, just...apathetic.

>what are steel barrel inserts
>what are spring guns
>what are homemade slingshots
>what are compressed air arrow guns
>what are gauss pistols
>what is knapped glass
>what are thermoplastic takedown bows
With a decent 3D printer you can make all sorts of neat frames and shapes. With a few extra parts or a little electrical engineering, you can make a personal defence tool to frighten off most streetscum.

Nobody imagines the poor people winning that arms race.
Gait analysis, wifi MAC logging, stingrays, even more exotic things like using terahertz to recognise heartbeats... The broad spectrum and cheap implementation of dozens of sensor types boggles the mind. The only reason there are gaps now is that not all of these systems integrate well yet. Yet.

In a cityscape and a city dweller maybe the point is moot, but an rural refugee, assassin, fugitive or a plain old citizen with something to hide would employ some camouflage, be it electronic or physical when moving about. It's a great world building element imo.Fake beard of it's time.

Something about this gun strikes me as cyberpunk.

RUINER was a lot of fun

Brake line will withstand the pressure from a 22 round, plumbing parts can make slam fire shotguns, knapped glass is a motherfucker and takes some skill to craft, slingshots are an interesting one, a little surgical tubing or theraband gold and you can punch a steel ball through a car winshield at range.

Those are entry level shit, you hold up your first guy with a shiv in an alley at the age of 12, cherry popped, now your hustling, a few more jobs later and you get your first piece, some shitty plastic thing, that works for a while, you make some cash and take some scalps but it blows in your hand one night and thats it, you kept the hand, but it still aches sometimes, luckily you had saved enough to go to a gunsmith and buy some low end pipe pistol, yeah its semi auto, gotta reload after every shot but youll feel a lot more comfortable with some metal in your hand. Gotta grind for that next piece man, put in the work, one day you'll have a real nice firearm, one day.

tell me more about this sex machine

>Those are entry level shit
Depends.
Corps still churn out those AA battery cells for cheapshit electronics. A AA contains 12,960 joules of energy, and weighs 23g. That means you can fix up a magazine of them for next to nothing, use each one to charge the caps in your gauss gun (yeah yeah, efficiency losses), and propel a semiaerodynamic slug (the dead battery) with lethal effectiveness. If you don't mind the charge time, that is.

Similarly, you can use an air compressor to charge up a 1000 joule airgun and shoot spears through car doors. youtu.be/1U7TRDFjnFM

Bows and springguns work nicely as mugger tools because they're quiet and simple. Buying a gun is for suckers. Buy ammo. Take the gun off the first cocky fucker who shakes you down. After you put an arrow in his ear, I mean.

Sleek lines and coloured polymer handles.

Any pictures of cyberpunk detective types with a dog?

It's a 7.5 thousand dollar pistol that fires a new proprietary cartridge that is insanely fast and hot.
It's a hand cannon that is sadly nowhere close to worth the price, with a fit and finish that would be par for the course if the gun was 2 thousand.

It looks sexy as fuck though.

checked

If this gun isn't cyberpunk, I don't know what is.

silly user, that is clearly a wizard.

Charge time will get you killed, yeah powder is noisy but its reliable, if your shit jams its easy to unjam, what happens when your electronic gun fucks up on you?

Air can work, ive seen air work.

Bows take skill to use, gotta practice with that shit, a gun is easy, a kid can use a gun and use it effectively.

Is that the one with an internal suppressor?

>what happens when your electronic gun fucks up on you?
Put it back in your pocket and walk away. You weren't shooting some fucker who can see you, were you? Seriously though, coilguns are better suited to den defence where you can steal some high-voltage and use slugs clipped from rebar for the extra mass. They still fuck people up, though, and designs are getting better all the time.

Air works great, again it works better when defending a position where you can charge faster. Big reservoir guns can make fierce lock-poppers or armor busters for guys with riot vests or shields.
Bows do take practice. But the arrows are cheap if you fletch them, and it beats the shit out of just sitting around if you have no cash. Kids I ran with when I was a kneehigh, we used to spend afternoons pegging cans and cartons with whatever we'd cobbled together. I could tag a thrown soda can with a bow 10 times out of 10.

You got shit-all resources and time on your hands? Well, the devil and all prisons make uses for people like that.

Skeletonizing things is cyberpunk. Pic related.

The latter. We anticipate the former, we expect it. It doesn't play on hope.

And now I'm depressed, thanks user.

It is a core part of my personal setting. But that is due to "characters" living dual lives. So they live in the system but act outside it. Anti-IR and Anti-Facial Recognition are basic kit.

>polymer
Aluminum, actually.

Necked pistol cartridges are peak cyberpunk. Other than the fascination with 10mm Auto, that is. Pick related.

(10mm Auto, next to 10mm Auto necked to 9x25 Dillon, and .40S&W [shortened 10mm Auto] next to .40S&W necked to .357SIG)

>semi-auto
>reload after every shot
That would either be SAO or Single-Shot, depending on manufacture.

Though, 10 points to Hufflepuff because I like the idea of crawling up past gutter-fabricated kit.

This, too. I like this.

Shit man, never thought about it like that. I guess i've never had to defend the base, always on the attack you know what i mean.

I got roped into odd jobs early on, not a lot of time to build shit, couldnt fuck around, it was always run here, deliver this, pick this up from a guy, tell this guy that, legwork man, the calls come in, i head out.

Maybe i need to try making shit, ive got more time now the odd jobs pay more.

It's an M&P frame from S&W. Likely the suppressor is SilencerCo, though. Not a Maxim 9.

It is definitely one of the most pleasing firearms to look at. It's like if a fancy tech company redesigned the CZ75.

Appropriately load up with capacitors. That first shot you get off easy. It only gets you killed if you miss. Part of why Gauss pistols are often so heavy in the slums. The more charge you can store up the better. But a kid can use a gun effectively with enough surprise at short enough range. You want any skill out of that gun and you need just as much practice as a bow.

Is there a particular name for this type of horror? Where nothing is ever particularly bad, but just, sort of stagnant?

Pessimistic realism?

Adulthood.

>pic related
>oops

Taking defensive positions are always harder because things that are easy to use stationary are not always easy to use on the move. Also, booby traps and local familiarity are great boons to defenders.

Attack is all mobility and surprise. Ambushes and flanks. The less time you are in combat the higher your chance of success. Inverse for defense in most cases.

Neat, even cooler, milled sexyness.
Yeah i realised i fucked that up after i posted, i always think of a welrod when i think of guns like that, needs to be cocked before every shot, had a brain glitch and mixed up my terms.

7.5 FK is basically .357 SIG on steroids and meth.
>90-100 gr bullet
>2000 fps
>1300 J
Numbers literally comparable to .30 carbine out of an 18 inch barrel. Probably laughs at any soft armor too.

>Not a Maxim 9.
It's got the Maxim's strange ejection system though. I'm 95% certain it is.

>untied shoes

2punk4me

Artist is pretty dope tough.

It's fair. We all do it. But yeah. Welrods are actually good examples of things fit for cyberpunk. Liberators, too.

And that's why 7.5FK is also definitely cyberpunk af. .357SIG is the baby of that family anyway, but has the purpose of attempting to be a .357MAG in an auto friendly form. WHich I can get behind.
>If only I could afford to get some of these things.
My next purchase is likely either a trail shotgun or a G20 and searching for a 9x25 Dillon barrel.

Suppose it could be a prototype Maxim 9, then. I wasn't really following that one too hard. Pix related.

>This prototype shown here is built partially on a Smith & Wesson M&P body, but the guns SilencerCo says it will have out in 2016 will be completely designed and manufactured by SilencerCo.
So yeah, I tracked down an article discussing that specific prototype. Good shit.

Here's the outside of that building.

Metabolist architecture is cyberpunk as hell.

I dont know why but spray and pray type guns feel cyberpunk to me.

It's that notion of replacing skill with volume of fire. It fits cyberpunk because of the associated low life == low skill stuff. Not always true, but aesthetically fitting.

Also, cyborgs and shit usually either take really big bullets or a whole lot of them to damage.

Plus the indiscriminate nature of violence.
Ruffians -> Thugs -> Rioters -> LOL mow down a crowd for loose change and cigarettes

There's also the whole SMG aesthetic, where concealable guns carried by dudes in suits that may or may not be augmented is the standard for corporate security.

Gangers, ahh yes. The epitome of low life == low skill. Especially if local security/police forces aren't armed to the teeth.

Not just for CorpSec, either. SMGs in general were really popular in the 80's, too. So that makes sense as to why it would have a spill over. The popularity in movies of not really aiming weapons has been a burden for many years.

I wish I could say this isn't modern day life. But I live in Japan, and this exactly how life is. It's pretty sad actually. The west has a lot of liberties that Japan doesn't have.

Anyone seen the trailer for altered carbon? I think it looks neat. Plenty of cyberpunk stuff going on, nice visuals.

>all these cool cyberpunk guns
>want to include as many cool weapons into my campaign as possible
>don't want a bloated equipment list

life is pain i hate

>Equip mooks with fancy weird guns you want to fit in
>Biometricly locked, generally too expensive to get unlocked to allow players to use them
????

What gun is that?