Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Ulfen Cutie Edition:
What great acts of valor are you doing to attract the eye of a comely viking girl?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/comic/_/comics/high-school-inari-tamamo-chan-r22945
novelupdates.com/series/i-was-a-sword-when-i-reincarnated/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Posting again with some edits. I seem to finally have a bit of time on my hands to finalize the edits to the Unshackled Martials and write the iconic characters.

I have a question however, what levels would you all prefer to have pre-made characters at? The way Paizo does it is levels 1/4/7. I was considering doing the same, but also throwing in a level 12. 1/4/7/12 seems to cover most play.

Also for the UC Fighter/Cavalier/Gunslinger does anyone have any particular requests for racial/sex combinations? At the moment this is what I have considered:
>male hobgoblin UC fighter (career soldier/field commander)
>male orcish (or possibly half-orc) UC Cavalier (savage dire wolf rider) OR male human UC cavalier (camel riding hussar)
>female elven UC gunslinger (inventor) or male vanara UC gunslinger (rough and tumble desperado)

I am the viking cutie, I don't need to anything to catch my own eye.

How is Sphere Arcanist anyway as a conversion to SoP? Compared to Incanter? I was considering Sphere Arcanist for one gestalt side since I can get black blade progression though the talent progression makes me wonder

Sphere Arcanist is the only one of the sphere conversion archetypes that actually has any kind of uniqueness to it, since you can reshuffle ALL of your talents every single day, it's just that the number of them you get is garbage.

Instead of getting 30 talents over 20 levels, they get 10, but each can be retrained every day. If you think a talent you can change everyday is as good as 3 talents you can't, then it's good. Personally, I'd rather taken incanter with a spiritualism dip for flexibility.

Post pics. And by pics I mean your homebrew setting.

Which would be more fun or useful to play?

-A Spheres of Power Bard giving up feats to get Spheres of Might and use SoM to grab an Animal Companion and SoP for buffs

-Incanter using conjuration for a companion and picking up buffs for the party

-Eldritch Guardian Fighter using the Path of War feat Martial Power with a Mauler familiar, trading feats away for Spheres of Might.

Are Sphere Witches good? It seems like the Witch's weakness is a weak spell list, but the Sphere archetype trades that away while keeping hexes.

Sure, go for it. Sphere Witches are alright.

Concept: Cowboys are witches and their horses are their familiars.

It's basically an incanter, with a familiar, limitations on what spheres can be taken with a third of the talents granted (easy to work around), and hexes replacing bonus feats. It really depends on how much you like hexes; otherwise they are pointless, and there are no other sphere archetypes for the witch other than the sphere witch.

Is this what seeing through a kitsune's disguise is like?

Pitch me an idea for a Pathfinder campaign that takes place entirely on a train, mundane or otherwise.

>tell me why this obviously terrible idea I had would be a good idea
No.

Steal this:
www.maximumfun.org/adventure-zone/ep-10-murder-rockport-limited-episode-one

Given what Pathfinder kitsune are like, probably more like pic related.

Planar Express 999

I guess I should type this up better.

Is it best to have an animal companion with Spheres of Might, Spheres of Power, or a mixture of both?

Oh no, it's a garbage concept. I'm just curious what other people would come up with. The idea I had involves the train being a replacement for the ferry over the River Styx, and the PCs being departed souls moving on. No idea what would actually make it into a campaign instead of just... a thing. There'd need to be some impetus or reason for the PCs to act and a situation for them to act in.

A murder mystery where everyone is already dead in the first place feels novel, a fresh spin on an old classic. Too bad Pathfinder would be a horrible system for a train-bound murder mystery. So maybe the PCs need to work their way up to the front of a train with seemingly impossible internal geometery in order to fight the driver of the train to prove they deserve another chance at life instead.

>A Spheres of Power Bard giving up feats to get Spheres of Might and use SoM to grab an Animal Companion and SoP for buffs

Just take Troubadour from the combined SoP/SoM book Champions of the Spheres.

How do I be as fast as I can at level 7?
How can I make use of it in combat?

Whats this spiritualism dip? Would it grant me black blade?

Elven Bloodrager with extra foot of land speed FCB, taking Fleet four times and casting cheetah's sprint as much as possible
Shit i don't know, jump over a canyon or something?

A Bloodrager in our party uses Cheetah's Sprint to leap at flying enemies, so maybe that?

Have there been any new reported sightings of Sigmund Gulbrand?

Why does /pfg/ throw a tantrum when a GM bans butchering axes?

We do?

literally who?

Skyfall GM seems to have returned!

That manga is surprisingly cute

anyone got a source? this is hella cute

Honestly, mangos like this one made me way more okay with the idea of paizo Kitsune.

High School Inari

"High School Inari Tamamo-chan!" is the name.

Because it's a senseless ban that doesn't actually address the problems attributed to butchering axes and it's literally just because YOU bitch about them every thread.

Oh man. A whole 3.5 damage that people could get from fucking sneak attack, enchantment, etc. Let's ignore this Akashic Armory, Reflected Blade, blah blah blah attached to it.

>Skyfall GM finally posted
I guess it's not a bamboozle after all

People are weird and triggered easily here aren't they.

You're on Veeky Forums.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/high-school-inari-tamamo-chan-r22945
>author/artist
>yuuki ray
Oh god, I recognize the art style now

How suboptimal is it to play a class with a race that has a penalty to one of its key stats? Like playing an Orc Wizard.

Oh, hey, that's kind of funny. Still, the fox comic's cute, you might like it.

Depends on the class and what you want to do. An Orc Wizard who focused on buffs and conjuration/summoning spells would probably perform okay. Don't rely on things that have saves. Although I would probably just ask my DM if I can play a half orc, take out the human sub type and call it a full blood before resorting to that.

One level of hedgewitch with the spiritualism tradition.

How are outsider-descendants (i.e Tieflings, Aasimars, the genie-related ones) treated in Rahadoum? What's the most likely treatment of them?

They know better than to go to that shithole.

I imagine most people wouldn't care as the mere existence of outsiders doesn't really have much to do with religion. If anything they'd probable all be treated BETTER than in other places, except maybe Aasimar who would be treated "worse" in the sense they get treated the same as everyone else.

>implying Rahadoum isn't 100% correct and gods need to stay out of mortal business instead of dragging whole races of people into their cosmic shit fits.

>Let's ignore this Akashic Armory, Reflected Blade, blah blah blah attached to it.
But that makes the problem even worse.

That's exactly my fucking point. The problem isn't the fucking butchering axe. it's literally everything else that /pfg/ allows for martial content.

what about psychic classes?

Honestly, Rhadoumi would probably love

Psychic/Psionic people as they're like the opposite of Divine classes.

They'd probably hate spiritualists, as their power over a Phantom amd magic can be seen as being too dangerously close to divine magic, as well as more reliquary/relic driven Occultists. I mean, this is the same nation that hates even non-deity affiliated divine magic like Oracles

So, now that we've seen the updates to Skyfall, is it still probably not a bamboozle and probably gonna suck?

Oracles might not be a affiliated with Deities, but they are influenced by them directly. Also source on them hating Oracles? If anything Oracles seem like the kinda of shit that proves Rhadoumi's points. Gods running around crippling people and ruining/warping lives for no fucking reason, and then just leaving to do whatever.

The Iconic Oracle was disowned by her militantly atheist family.

>Also source on them hating Oracles?
Iconic's backstory. Her family threw her out because it was all they could do to protect her and themselves from the Pure Legion breaking down their doors

Tamamo is cute and I want to protect her smile.

Because they explicitly believed she was a CLERIC, because people in setting don't know Oracles exist apparently.

Dictator fishing to see if he can still sell his obvious bamboozle.

Bit late, but I was thinking of a Hawkguard Jiang-shi Dhampir. Does -2 Dex hurt them too much?

What's your point buy and can you use guns?

>Is Lawful Neutral
>Is Lawful Evil

user, no!

If your PC was an intelligent weapon, what special powers would they have? What enhancements would they have, and what kind of weapon would they be? What kind of person would they want for a wielder and also what would their price tag be?

25, emerging guns.

So is futa a go in Skyfall? Is there going to be ladydicks?

Aw, but she's cute when enraged.

>That
>Comely Ulfen lass

There are Ulfen girls that aren't battle-damaged with problem hair, you know.

Then you can get a way with a 16/16/10/16/10/8 and be pretty good at archery.

>Ulfen
>not battle damaged
Pick one.

DM seems to prefer male men and female women, but if a futa gets in it counts for one of the male spots available.

> problem hair
??? What's wrong with corn rows? Aside from the fact most folks can't pull them off.

Did you get your idea from this?

novelupdates.com/series/i-was-a-sword-when-i-reincarnated/

The fact that the people who try to pull them off are strong independent wymin who don't need no man.

It's signalling to potential mates that they are prone to arguments and likely have a large amount of emotional baggage

1 manly man, 1 pretty boy trying to be a manly man, 1 slut, 1 reserved (probably best) girl, and 1 ladydick would be ideal in my opinion

No, in fact I've never seen it before.

>It's signalling to potential mates that they are prone to arguments and likely have a large amount of emotional baggage

Sounds like your baggage really

Explain.

Sounds like a good mix, but Dictator asked for 3 manly men and 2 women (super well written apps might get a trap or futa in but don't count on it)

> You will never bully a foxgirl while she holds back tears and says it's fine
Why live?

>Pathfags
>Manly Men

Pick one. We've always had a chronic inability to write manly men, and the few people who did are already in games.

your conjecture is irrational and apparently you don't think so

So you're saying it's impossible or even irrational to assume things about people based on their appearance?

And thus, a reason so few of the apps fit what the DM wants.

tl:dr guy is reincarnated into a sword and cute catgirl is his wielder or something

The problem with being a weapon is that if you could fire or use your own powers, does that mean you have your own turn or actions? If they are passive powers, then your wielder does all the work and you literally sit their unless you need more people to do knowledge checks or something. Your powers and abilities would have to be something that you activate. On my turn I turn myself on fire, I heal my wielder, I launch a magic missile, I use an immediate action to move my master's hand to automatically parry an attack, etc.

Name them.

Based on intelligent weapon rules, you don't get your own turn. You can fight your wielder for control however.

Depends. I see that as a stereotypical Viking/Ulfen thing, I could assume where she's from for example. Dunno about some crazy independent woman narrative though.

So is your wielder an NPC or another PC? I am just thinking how this would work in a real game.

Obvious GW2 fanart is obvious desu

I'm not asking how you'd play an intelligent weapon as a character, I'm just asking people to stat their PC as an intelligent weapon because I'm bored. My Wizard would probably be a uselessly-shaped knife (one that's all fashion over function, so it looks cool but is impractical) or perhaps a gauntlet whose colors shift and waver through a rainbow of hues. It would have a few different low-level iconic Wizard spells as SLAs, stuff like Mage Armor, Grease, and/or Magic Missile, but definitely an at-will Prestidigitation SLA. It would definitely have a high ego and so it'd have to be pricey, and would probably only be content with another mage as its wielder- preferably working on making some novel discovery, so the weapon would probably grant them a bonus on Knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft checks to represent the weapon's help.

>I could assume where she's from for example

It's Norn art from Guild Wars 2, which makes the previous statement basically true.

I think it would be pretty boring to play this with Pathfinder rules anyways.
Consider it more of a "what am I" prompt to think about your character in more detail.

Slow, Succ, Rory

Only one of those does even a half way decent job of the task. And he just steals ideas from GoT.

There's an actual RPG where this is the gimmick. Look up Wield. Also I think ANGBAND, ADOM, or one of it's variants has a player race that is a magic ring that gets by tricking wandering monsters into putting it on.

>Succ
>manly men

Okay, I have to ask, what the fuck is Skyfall, and for what purpose does this GM need manly men? It better not be a lewd game

It's a lewd game and the DM wants manly men to fuck his e-pussy

Skyfall is a lewd game. That's why the DM wants at least one manly man.

>and for what purpose does this GM need manly men?

You can't subsist on yuri and bishie alone, user. You need a proper man to add the meat and potatoes to your sugar-coated fuckfest.