What's a good tabletop game/thing for meeting new people and making friends?

What's a good tabletop game/thing for meeting new people and making friends?

I'm old, sad with no friends. The most experience I've got with stuff like this is buying a single pack of MtG (and Yugioh) cards as a kid but not bothering cause no one else was interested.

Other urls found in this thread:

locator.wizards.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe look for boardgame meet ups near you.

Like that Games Workshop store or just board meetups of any kind?

become an MTG judge, they recruit all pedophiles you can meet some sweet young boys

idk, how do you think?

After I moved to a new city, I went to a meetup for d&d and made tons of new friends.

meetup.com look for meetups for whatever game you like.

Game stores should have information about groups playing. You can also ask about events or tournaments and ask which ones are moat/least popular. I'd recommend you go for the least popular since the people who play it will be starved for new blood and help you get started.

The above rules also apply to comic book shops.

user if you like or have an interest in MtG, buy a Commander precon and find a playgroup at your LGS. Commander is more often than not super casual and very laid back. Great for chatting and bantz.

lol, this comment made me chuckle.

Sounds like you have a story to share there pal.

Go to your local store. Any decent sized town probably has a hobby store that sells boardgames, tabletop games and card games. Even in my town in NZ, there is a big game shop that holds Thursday night boardgames, Friday Night Magic and wargames pretty much whenever. There is also a "Warhammer" (Games Workshop) shop, and the guy is really nice in there but I just can't spend that kind of money these days.

Or,

Go to boardgamegeek forums and look for the groups sections. I have no idea how they structure their forums, it's weird as, but I found the group I attend on there.

Dont respond, its a local shithead/fanboy of a fuckwit who got banned by WotC for being a piece of shit and picking fights with others in the community. He got pissed and is now trying to frame WotC for being pedos and his fanboys are following suit.

Why doesn't he just download Jeremy's cool Gamefindr app? It revolutionized table top gaming!

You could try going to a Magic store, some stores are better than others as to having a community though.

Not OP but is tabletop gaming still uncool or am I way, way too late for that period?

wew

>Sounds like you have a story to share there pal.
He's just trying to force a meme. For some raisin /pol/ thought that Jeremygate would cause Veeky Forums to rise up against the normie chads or something, but after it failed to get any traction, the new forced meme is "WotC is the new pizzagate".

Assuming you have interest in mtg, see if there's any Modern or Legacy nearby: locator.wizards.com/

If so, buy what you need and go play.

check meetup for mtg or rpg in your area

if you play mtg, check if EDH (commander) is played and buy a precon +1 Jester's Cap.

>Modern or legacy
>buy what you need

Ah, what an honor to post in the same thread as one of those saudi princes