mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc
youtube.com/watch?v=6kihIexKXJA
youtube.com/watch?v=WjjRa6myM1k&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone have the daemons codex yet and is willing to share??

WHAT YA GONNA DO WHEN THE GOLDEN BOYS COME FOR YOU!

I am reading up on Ultramarine fluff. It says that Cato Sicarius is described as a political animal by his peers. What does that mean?

I love the idea of using psychic powers to wreak havoc. How do I into mind bullets? Are Thousand Sons or Grey Knights a good option? I hear they're not very good in 8th.

I've got one, I don't own a scanner and I think someone already did a megaupload anyway, I didn't think to save a link but I could answer questions until someone drops it if you like?

Hey can you guys help with colors? I’m not sure what to paint the bands and faceplate of this dude, what do you guys think?

>for fun sub-edition

can someone explain to me the strategic point of pheromone trails? It seems like it's objectively a waste of a command point in all situations, because it doesn't allow you to do anything that the deep strike rules it is altering wouldn't already allow you to do.

What gives?

You have to love it when the magic talking screwdrivers and hammers the Emperor created start thinking they're people. Back to your bickering with the rest of the tool box, number 7.

Gold
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible
Always believe in, because you are
Gold
Glad that you're bound to return
There's something I could have learned
You're indestructible, always believing
youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc

>he does it for fun

Soon

>ork players, don't expect to win or do anything interesting with your army. just have a laff, you'll be laffing all the way to your 200th loss in a row

>BOYS?

i remember seeing that the current index thousand sons have the ability to take the psychic powers from the chaos space marine codex, cant find it in a FAQ now though. someone remember where it was written?

Feels bad. I thought they were doing better in 8th even if their only option is mass boys in green tide style forces.

yeah after the nids take a squat and shit them out

>tfw started 8th edition with Death Guard and played casual games, with just above 50/50 wins
>started Genestealer Cults as a new army to try something different and varied as opposed to the simplicity of Death Guard
>0-5 so far

Hurts... but I love the buggers. Shame it takes me so long to paint any. That's the biggest chore, the painting.

The absolute state of NPC armies.

Is this guy worth it to team up with a destroyer squad or would a Cryptek be better?

I think literally never winning has broken one of my friends. After getting trashed for the hundredth time by the cockiest guy in our group he's begun asking me what armies are the most competitive so that he can kick that guy's ass. It saddens me that his love of Orks is deteriorating in the face of constant defeat. It was a nice spark of life in a group primarily composed of tryhards and WAACfags.

Fires of Cyraxus by March

No thanks, I’m just here to bait people who get mad about “spoon feeding”

Murder their low body count force with poison and dark light

20k Custodes Best Golden Boy

Why would you want to be autistic?

I hope so, if only because it'll mean they'll start working on the next Imperial Armour, tired of hearing about Cyraxus

There’s a trick to it, it’s called owning two armies.
I mean, what are the chances both are shit?

So are dred mob orks decent at least?

I miss the days of buying Custodes squads for 25$ when nobody cared about them.

tell that to the guys who own GK, Orks and DW

>tfw I know one

I knew a guy who owned Orks and Nids in 7th. I'm surprised he's still alive.

No, not at all.

The only viable competitive Ork list is boyz spam with weirdboyz, at least until the upcoming smite nerf.

Nids are top tier right now, he should be happy.

I don't think they are LVO tournament viable. They could probably get something done. Could be better with the codex. I feel like they are slightly over costed and slowing with ork shooting

>More -1 to hit

Orks at this point need to get a rule that says they're unaffected by negative shooting modifiers. There is simply no way to balance this for the army.

Now, sure. In 7th you were much more likely to win a game if you used them as chess pieces.

wasnt about owning 2 armys (and it doesnt matter i own 8 Factions) it was written in the rules somewhere.

Anyone know an easy method to make beserkers bigger that looks good. Seen a lot of people use blood warriors but I Dont like the leather boots. My friend has offered to give me 10 world eater rampager legs, are they any bigger than normal beserkers legs?

Thanks boys

Sadly no. I run them anyway but they get thrashed pretty hard. 5+ kff save is not enough vs lascannons and god forbid something remotely scary gets the charge on you first.

Not sure if this has been shared here yet, but here is a new short uploaded a few days ago featuring the Blood Angels
youtube.com/watch?v=6kihIexKXJA

>he doesn't know if you aren't Ultramarines you're an NPC

I took a full Dread Mob to a tournament back in October. Morkanaut, Gorkanaut, Meka-Dread, 6 Kans, Battlewagon with Rolla, 2 Dreads. Played 4 games, got tabled every game, including against Dark Eldar when 90% of his army wounded me on 6's. Didn't play against Soup or Primarchs the whole day either; faced Sisters first up, then Crimson Fists, then Imperial Guard, and finally DE. I never stood a chance in any mission; Penitant Engines hard-counter the list, a Baneblade killed two Dreads and a Gorkanaut in Overwatch, heavy bolters are the bane of the whole army. It looks cool and is damn fast to play but you'll lose almost every time, I guarantee it.

anyone got the link to the miniwargaming batrep with the turbo-neckbeard playing necrons with the soulless eyes and beard?

youtube.com/watch?v=WjjRa6myM1k&

fuck, not even the forgeworld stuff? Not trying to be cheesy, just want to do a good fight with my opponent.

Yeah but he owned Orks in 7th who everyone said was really good.

People used to endlessly shitpost and complain about them, nobs in a gorkanaut being a much complained about unit.

Plz respond

You almost got me until Nobz in a Gorkanaut.

You almost got me there. Well done, user.

>slightly overcosted

you could put spacers in the waist and under the shoes.

Otherwise it shouldn't be difficult to just GS the wide shins over the blood warrior boots.

>youtube.com/watch?v=WjjRa6myM1k&
thanks bro, dis mek me lel

If you’re ever in doubt, go for gold.

I don't mind losing, if the game was good and I just didn't get my ass handed to me.

Been too long since I had a chance to post this.

Ouch... seeing those compared head to head hurts.

Shit...they are over pointed but, the SW dread is way underpointed.

If you want to give him a good fight, take around 120 Boyz (not 180, that's too much) and a mix of other stuff from the codex. Don't take more than 1 Weirdboy. Honestly you could more or less just randomly select units from the rest of the codex and you'll have something that will give someone a good game, since all the power is concentrated in the Boyz.

>all this talk about orks being bad
feels bad boss

FWIW, Weirdboyz will mind the nerf the least out of all cheap psykers considering they have huge native cast bonuses.

at least its not 7th!

Weirdboyz are actually pretty OK with the smite nerf.

post your boys

For real, fucking AdMech or Word Bearers or Iron Hands players calling Xenos NPCs is hilarious. At least the Xenos get a bone thrown their way every so often.

What smite nerf?

I own Khorne Daemons, GK and I have an Imperial Knight list.

They're all terrible.

How are Kannons? I've heard nabbing a very kannons are actually pretty good.

Beta Rules posted on the GW community page.

For every ATTEMPTED Smite cast you reduce the next attempt to cast by 1 in a given psychic phase.

Currently an optional beta rule that hasn't been implemented officially but my store likes it.
Each consecutive smite gives -1 to the psychic test to manifest smite whether or not the manifestation is successful.

Kannons are very cheap, do D6 dmg, have decent range and you can't target the Grot Crew unless they're the closest enemy model. Basically they're some of the best backfield objective holders in the game. They will screw you over in Kill Points because each Kannon is worth 2 KP (gun and crew) but for 27 points they're absolutely worth it.

Deff dreads are overcosted and flimsy, kanz are alright but eat shit if anything anti tank is pointed at them, gorkanauts are good but will also inevitably fall to any dedicated anti tank fire, and a KFF 5++ doesn’t protect the mob as much as you’d like.

A gork or some kanz supporting an army could do well, but full dread mob is no beans.

Huh, that's not that bad for Orks at all. Hurts everyone else more than them. Now that I think about it I don't think I use smite with my weirdboy that much.

Kannon and KMK spam is decent I think, they’re still super cheap for what they do and all it’s working parts are broken down in to individual units making it hard to kill.

Are crushing claws worth it if I'm taking Tyrant Guard for a foot tyrant?

Foot tyrant is for fluff/style reasons more than optimisation and I like tyrant guard, want to make the most out of them.

You should try casting it more, it's pretty damn easy to get off D6 mortal wounds with Weirdboyz thanks to nearby Boyz mobs buffing their psychic tests. They do tend to explode however, though you can always heal them up with a nearby Painboy.

KMKs are the best Mek Gun option we have. Cheap and very effective, if somewhat random.

Anyone got some good conversion ideas for kannons? I imagine you could just get a pipe or something any mount it on a gun carriage, but that sounds boring.

I run Daemons and CSM and it doesn't hurt me too much either, I rarely run enough psykers to smite spam and I prefer using other powers unless smite is the only one that will do anything.

Lash whips might be a good idea, because then they can still fight even if they die, which is likely if the Tyrant is passing off wounds.

Really should be extended to apply to every psychic power, though.

>mfw the entire Ork army is 9" away from the enemy turn 1

Made these years ago out of a Trukk Kit, some rifle bullet casings and some airhose nozzles.

> Q: Can successor Chapters use the Warlord Traits of their founding Chapter?
> A: No.

New FAQ kinda fucks over people with custom chapters.

Need someone for my brother to fight my necrons with.
SC Elfdar or SC Dopesmoker colored/based Skitarii?

>all these ork fags that can't handle losing
>won't even greentide

Check the mathhammer sheet in the mega -- if I'm not mistaken, I think Tyrant Guard are one of the only units where crushing claws are actually good thanks to the WS3+. Not optimal, but quite decent can openers.

You can't cast the same power more than once other than smite in matched play so it wouldn't matter.

>SC Elfdar or SC Dopesmoker colored/based Skitarii?

Yes

IG heavy weapons team, take the autocannon and replace the barrel with the rocket launcher and do some work at the loader?

The old kannon they sell is so tiny compared to the mek guns I bet you it would be the same size.

>mfw a venerable dread isn't even a good option

I'm working on it boss, I got about 40 more of these that are unpainted.

Venerable Dreadnoughts are solid. You basically pay an extra 20 points on top of the base cost for a Dread and get +1WS/BS and a 6+ FNP roll.

>ork players become bigger assholes than nids and ig combined the millisecond their codex drops
>oi we haz it so bad

No shit user

Based as fuck

Yeah, that's the idea. Making other powers be available to cast multiple times at stacking -1 penalty, add an "if failed/denied can't attempt again that phase". Bam, psychic powers are fun again.

Man, I always feel like I made a mistake when painting my boyz after looking at other orks. I'm going for a Blood Axe dominated force, but atm the only things I've painted are some boyz, a trukk, and I've started on a battlewagon. The trukk and wagon have a camo pattern on them and I intend to keep doing that, but my boyz are very plain. Brown clothes, black leather straps and shoes, and leadbealcher on any metal. Look very plain compared to other boyz I see.

You can always colorize leather. Like reddish or bluish browns. Get some mold contrasts going

Mild*