tindeck.com/listen/etgf
soltakss.com/hql00.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lunars did nothing wrong.

God Learners did nothing wrong.

The EWF did nothing wrong.

The Unholy Trio did nothing wrong

Orlanth did nothing wrong.

Careful now, the Yelmites might hear you.

Yelm did nothing wrong.

now listen here u lil shit

Heroquest 2 looks pretty neat so far. Always had a thing for the Runequest systems but it is a rules heavyweight and sort hard to find players for when you live in an non-english country.

Who are those lizard dudes ?

>Has to share the Middle Air with the Red Moon

Newtlings.

Vadrus > Orlanth

It's not like they asked him politely to be there, they and their damn sub-dimension teleportation moon.

I've only ever played rules-heavy RPGs, so I suppose I'm used to it. HeroQuest sounds fun. I hear it starts breaking down at high levels though.

I read about those, aren't they a branch of the dragonewts?
Just mortal and timid ?

Why would it do that ?

>Vadrus

Best Air God
tindeck.com/listen/etgf

soltakss.com/hql00.html
Things get very complex mechanically in long-lasting campaigns.

>Long lasting campings
Good thing that I, as a GM, have the attention span of a really smart goldfish.

You're in luck!

I just think that systems start to suffer if there are rules that don't support the narrative, require more than one calculation or are too rarely used.

Sounds like it can be avoided/solved by talking with your players. I really should get a recording for that sentence, as often as I use it.

That is the feeling I got since I found out that HQ 2 exists.

>Initiations of Orlanth and his brothers
>Vadrus is dropped in the Deep Well
>Stirs it up and wrecks it until he can slip out of the burst seams
>Urox thrown into the Animal Corral
>Attacks the beasts and stamps them all beneath his hooves
>Humakt is thrown into the Fighting Pit
>Forces the enemies to surrender and climbs out with their weapons
>Ragnaglar thrown into the Sex Pit
>Fails and driven mad by giant rape

>Orlanth Locked into the Prison of Strange Gods
>Chooses to make friends with the Strange Gods and together they escape

I get the sentiment but I like having a good crunchy combat system. Outside of combat the rules stay out of your way, you just roll a d100 every so often and maybe consult survival or swimming rules if you're roughing it.

4 out of 5 Heroquesters recommend this quest.

Alongside the venerable "I Punched a Solar In The Dick!" quest.

One of the favorites of Vadrus.

Classic one, a bit short but would do it again.

Yeah I think I could work with it too and have fun but then there is still the fact that there isn't a edition out that gets translated into my language.

So which is better, runequest or the heroquest gloranta / heroquest2?

Did Chaos do anything wrong?

Runequest if you want simulation-style gameplay, Heroquest if you want narrative-style gameplay. It's a matter of taste. There's also a 13th Age in Glorantha coming out soon. Has anybody played 13th Age? How is it?

How's that KoDP spiritual successor coming along?

You know the answer.

No?

Nothing.

Broos are unfairly harassed and maligned. Systematic discrimination and prejudice, even genocide is something they must deal with every day.
Broos are not evil inherently. They do evil because the world forces it upon them.

t. gbaji

and good spot I can get a bookmarked pdf of rune / hero quest?

People like you are the reason the Wild Healer is hunted.

Check the PDF share thread. If they're not bookmarked you'll have to do it yourself or buy the PDF I think.

They do have both things tho.

What the fuck is Zzabur's deal?

I would not go as far and claim that it is completely unfair, with having the power to rape anything, being created by a mad good and all that.
But they are neither inherently bound to chaos or evil, the works just pushes then there.
There is also the question if a good broo isn't doing his part and is therefore introducing chaos to the world.

Just in case anyone forgot, Dragonewts are still the best.
Again, that is all.

They sure are pretty.

Broos are the children of Thed, yes, but they predate her being twisted. It was the violence against her that drove her to such dark paths which then twisted her children as well, despite them being blameless.
This is the same way that the violence and hatred twists the broo even now, turning them toward the darker paths that society forces upon them.

>There is also the question if a good broo isn't doing his part and is therefore introducing chaos to the world.
Broos were originally untainted. Spreading rape and disease and misery might be chaotic now, as it was before. A Good Broo might be their true path.

But that isn't really a certain answer, the question is, can a broo lead a live that does not bring chaos into the world ?

They can become illuminated and live as functional members of (probably Lunar) society. They won't even be detected by Storm Bulls anymore... though, whether the chaos taint is removed or merely hidden is up for debate.

So at the end of the day, we just kill them all and let the gods sort them out.

That's certainly how I deal with them.

Are broo Born with the chaos taint or do they just easily aquire it ?

They're born initiates of Primal Chaos and lay members of Malia. Not much they can do about it.

He is the Wizard.

Behold his power.

Unspeakable power.

Sorcerers are soulless and evil.

Wakboth is worse than Kajabor.
There, I said it.

Why aren't you worshiping Yelmalio, user?

Ah, like how Tricksters reinforce order by being disorderly.
If tricksters are being forthright and honest and actually mean it, that would be what brings chaos into the world.

Because I worship the true god Elmal.

>loyal thane
Literally a second-class god.

He does his duty for the clan and that's all anybody needs to do.

>Runequest.
>Heavyweight.
Dang, I find Pathfinder and others games like that a lot more rules heavy.
BRP (and weg D6), I find they are have an easy enough basic sistem than it's easy to add stuff to it, it isn't like the DnD derivatives with thousands of feats/prestige class and all that jazz.
Also first for Merlkir art being top tiers for Glorantha.

They are roughing up the bugs and painting the rest of the art, a few more months I wager.

This is about HQ1.
All of the issues mentioned are easily avoidable (though unfortunately, some of them were not removed in HQ2, so you still have to rely on house-rules).

The main problem with HQ at high power levels is that it becomes a chore to subtract Mastery levels for every single roll.

Runequest is so clunky, messy and outdated (even the most recent one). Heroquest 2 every time.
If you really want a complicated ruleset, just use GURPS or whatever.

Not all sorcerers.

Yelmalios show their true colour - they are literally incapable of appreciating a life of happiness, honor and virtue, and only lust after power.
Reminder that Elmal survived the Darkness and protected everyone, while Yelmalio died like a bitch.

>Ragnaglar thrown into the Sex Pit
>Fails and driven mad by giant rape

How do you succeed in the sex pit?

Looks like poor Ragnaglar was fucked no matter what.

Best town prove me wrong

>You think you're fucking me, but I'm fucking you

Well, humakt was dropped in the pit of perpetual fighting and won, so there is that.

And orlanth became buddies with Cthulhu.

Orlanth it like a shounen protagonist, hot-blooded, started as underdog and befriends his enemies.

I love Glorantha because cultures like the Morokanth and the Baboons troops. They play very well the alien, not human outlook,while still having cool cultures of they own, than share stuff with the ones around them.

What sorts of house rules do you need to implement to avoid those problems?

Is Ralzakark iluminated?

Unfortunately the unicorn bastard isn't telling.

He sure is. As are his lieutenants and his bodyguards. He has his own cult too, with a not-insignificant following.

According to the Dorastor sourcebook, yes. He also knows over 50 nysalorian riddles, so can illuminate others as well.

Suddenly I have nightmares about illuminated godlearners

At this point, I don't remember how much of this is hose-rules we've always used and how much is included in HQ2:
>spend a long time figuring out augments
No. 1 "free" augment per player. If you dedicate your "turn" to helping another, you can get 1 to yourself(free) and the use the cumulative roll to augment them. Yes, this means you cannot hit the enemy with the power of your love, your anger and all of your sorrow at the same time, but it vastly speeds up play even at low levels.
>too many skills on list
We put a cap on keywords and breakouts. There's a limit to how broad a character can be before they become watered down.
This house-rule is mostly for the benefit of inexperienced players, since it's generally something self-inflicted and easily avoidable.

These, on their own fix most of the issues. Another common house-rule we use that helps further with "Heroes had different power levels" is to split HP into XP(for advancement) and HP(for boosting rolls). This ensures that players stay at the same XP and that no-one dies due to spending all his HP just before a crucial scene.

>tfw heroquest's free wheeling ability system sounds fun and easy, but the combat resolution sounds dull and too simple for my 5e baby players.

It literally has more meaningful tactical decisions than the average 5e battle.
But yes, I am all too familiar with that feel.

Has it been clarified anywhere what this arsehole's ultimate plan is, or if he has any plan at all beyond "I want to see how many people we can kill, let's aim for a really big number"?

>Do I attack and augment myself
>or sit back and augment someone else
so many options to choose from

Would you consider Prince of Sartar as a good entry point to Glorantha?

There's some cool visuals in there, but the thing has atrocious pacing and never stops to explain anything - like who are these people now, why should we care, etc.
It also managed to make Argrath a ridiculously bland dude.

>It also managed to make Argrath a ridiculously bland dude.
he isn't normally?

It's good for veterans though - such as showing us the "Strange Gods"

Oh look it's the fun police/a lunar.

Which god would you want to learn more about/get elaborated on in the future?

I find myself fascinated by Shargash and would love to learn more about him, his myths, his cult and Alkoth.

I run a campaign for it. It's great. Like the perfect mix between 3rd edition and 4th edition.

It's been like 3 years since I kickstarted 13th Age glorantha. Wtf is going on with them.

>Shargash
Doesn't ring a bell, tell me about him.
Elmal is a pretty cool dude.
Came as an outsider. Loyal as hell. Became best friends with his chief. Got horses in his folio as well as the sun.
10/10 would worship again.

Shargash is known to the Orlanthi as Jagrekriand, the Breaker of Umath.

He's a Dara Happan war god, a son of Yelm who breaks everything. He killed the entire world to keep it safe, and brought it inside his enclosure. Which is his ring/girdle/belt/bracelet, also known as the green city of Alkoth.

This city actually exists within the underworld, so anything that passes through its gates is technically dead.

The best (non-canon, but still good, and these days what is?) source for Shargash is the old magazine Enclosure.

Sounds like one of yelms family who isn't a giant sick in the mud, I like him already.

>Dara Happan
>breaks everything

This is SOP.

Yeah, he and his followers are pretty badass.

Shargash is one of Yelms sons and is different from most Sky/Fire gods in that he is a violent brute and destroyer.
His role is as one of the primal war gods of Peloria and is the attack dog of the Emperor.
He was the one who killed Umath, Orlanths father, and is known as Jagekriand among the orlanthi.

His place in the Sky is the Red Planet and his city in Dara Happa is Alkoth which is surrounded by a big green wall said to be a bead from Shargashs necklace. As the wall is completly solid the only way in are through tunnels under it that reach down into the Underworld. As such it's technically part of the afterlife and ghosts and demons walks the streets.

Perhaps the most fascinating thing about him is many natures, some of which are contradictory. He is associated with both life and death, war and sex and sky and underworld. He has elements of being a Fire, Darkness and Storm god at the same time.

I just feel that there is so much that could be explored about him and his cult.