EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Which Sword is Best Sword Edition

Previously: RESOURCES

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question:
If someone were to show up to a game night with one of the new Uncommander's (except the rest of the deck was normally legal cards), would you let them play that deck? If no, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-01-18-go-wide/?cache=2018-01-16 00:51:52.121228
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mass-discardrack-2/
gyazo.com/0c35886844b48416a38dc323f454650f
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/extra-robotic-robots/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By definition, there's only one truly great sword

Nope. I wouldn't let them play that shit, UNLESS it was the monster mash one, because that's my dream commander.

>totally original commanders do not steal

>thread question
no, uncommanders are not fun for everyone, and it's not my cup of tea.
if there are other tables that allow it, go play with them, i guess

>ohh mr enthralling, a mtg fanfiction
>hello gobbo tribe girl i am home now
>and i am looking so handsome
>and also my right nipple is exposed?
>oooh mr enthralling ooh
>lets do it
>yes, and i will leave my pelt on
>*gaze*
>alesha, grew a vagina
>sarkhan, turning sane
>it was amazing
>the end

Sure, as long as they let me play with mine
It's Calcutron

Gaddok Teeg and GAAIV aren't fun for everyone. Whats your point?

teeg and GAAIV aren't illegal by default

Teeg is always fun, the fuck are you smoking?

>GPUs are now exorbitantly expensive because of miners
>MTG staples are becoming more expensive because of RL bullshit

I should just sell it all and live on a boat or something.

Why does that matter? They're only illegal because someone says so.

Sheldon could literally next month say "These X amount of UnCards are now permanently legal" and that statement wouldn't hold ground.

>Thread Q
Grusilda only.

What's your definition of "Fun for everyone" cause Grusilda is just a weird reanimator deck, and Jumblemorph is more or less a vanilla 4/4 with no other silver borders

>plays cEDH
>plays Zur, Teferi, Merengue, Breya, AND Derevi
>doesn’t like UnCommanders

Holy shit, I take dick in my ass on the regular, but you have got to be the biggest faggot I have ever met in my entire life. Bar none.

>girl

>Attentive, piercing eyes always ready to notice "gotcha" triggers and armchairs
This one got a smile out of me

P-p-p-post'em if you've got 'em. Maybe you'll give someone the inspiration they need to build something fun!

user, there's nothing wrong with playing cEDH. Playgroups have different power levels, but calling your deck "cEDH" is the ultimate sign of a tryhard.

X is literally just weird by design, I can understand him but Phoebe is silly but hardly a broken design. Count is fucking dumb, but its in a really shitty color pairing for what it wants to do. Buzzbark is silly, but the worst you're dealing with is a big vanilla creature.

X is probably the only one I would honestly have issues playing against.

if he changes that again, then that's fine, i'd just have to deal with it.
frankie peanuts is not fun, X is not really fun, so on
uh, that's cool, i guess?

Adriana is surprisingly good.

And there's nothing wrong with sucking dicks, I just brought it up as it's something both I and that guy seem to do for a living.

Debating building a GW Hatebears deck with Mirri or Teeg at the helm

I-is Adriana also face sitting tribal? Deck list please?

>Godo
>Slobad

You a real nigga. We'd be buds in real life.

Man, I wish I could play Alesha since I like the mechanics behind the card, but I have one autist in my playgroup who brings up the damn card every other day as proof of the downfall of magic.

X is also pretty overpowered too since he basically lets you steal your opponent's deck and deny them anything. The only un commander I would call openly broken is Spike, since Spike makes the game ACTUALLY pay to win

Build the best deck you can with Alesha at the helm and fuck him in the ass with it. Then say, "see? She's pretty good"

Can you explain to me what spike does? Rule 13 says she doesn't really do anything, so I don't know why you think she is strong.

You forget that Spike was legal just a few days ago.

>If someone were to show up to a game night with one of the new Uncommander's

Kitchen table, probably as long as everyone else is ok with it. At my store? No, not when there might be prizes involved. Generally I think the UN sets are a shit.

What are your Meren combos? I have a friend that plays Meren but would probably like to add more competitive combos in there.

Whoever posted him as one of the most handsome boys of MTG, good choice.

swords to plowshares

Generally if you're willing to play with a commander that EXPLICITLY GETS CARDS FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME you can't complain about when it does that. Most people seem to ignore/not know that rule anyways, as evidenced by their actual emergeny ban of Spike in commander.
As for what it does, it does exactly what you think, grab a banned card from any format (There's more than you think) for the trivial cost of 8 life. Your deck is just removal staples and some unbanned good stuff, and the rest is just lifegain and mana ramp so you can get spike out as soon as possible and pull a card out of your ass that just shits on everyone else's deck.

mikaeus + triskelion, mainly
mikaeus + ballista + sac outlet is better if you have acess to protean hulk
reanimating/sacrificing protean hulk is amazing on its own as well
i just dont have a ballista atm, so im stuck with mike trike for now

I have an affinity for red.

No, she's a token leader cuz Melee can be absolutely hilarious. Deck is pretty low powered right now since I don't have a lot of boros staple cards.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-01-18-go-wide/?cache=2018-01-16 00:51:52.121228

That's not what rule 13 is fucko

Rule 13 is the one that explicitly says wish type cards don't work.

So you pay your life/mana and then can tutor up nothing.

See, I'd love to do that, but bitching would still be endless. In fact, it might even make it worse.

But hell, maybe I'm done letting one jackass ruin my gaming experience. I'm gonna build the deck and play it whenever I damn well please.

>makes the game ACTUALLY pay to win

It already is pay to win. Whoever has the most mana drains, force of wills, fetch lands and shock lands is probably going to have the fastest deck and will get ahead faster. Oh you did a turn one sol ring? Cute here's my turn one fetch land, mana crypt, bayou, mana Vault.

There's obviously some cheap competitive decks and cheap combos, but for the most part, if two decks are the same in all else except one has expensive tutors instead of shit ones (eg. Demonic instead of diabolic) and expense lands instead of taplands (eg. Fetchs, original duals, shocks) then the more expensive one is probably going to win 9/10 times because it can do the same thing cheaper on mana and faster.

It doesn't do any of that. You pay the life and mana, and then Spike proceeds to be able to grab nothing thanks to the rules of the format

Ah yes, I forgot, EDH allows you to absolutely stuff your deck with a single card

Spike never did anything to begin with, since he still needs the agreement on wishboards and without it, his ability does absolutely nothing. Not to mention that he's still restricted to mono black cards anyway.

Question about Master Transmuter - can I pay 1, tap her and bounce herself to put herself into play? Likewise, can I bounce an artifact in play into my hand and back onto the field with her ability? It would make it easier to stop single target kill spells if so.

Use proxies.

Why do people think that Frankie Peanuts does anything? It literally doesn't do anything, besides has retards waste their upkeep triggers.

So Protean Hulk with a sac outlet and Mikaeus would give you infinite PH triggers or no? How does that interact with the Mikaeus counters?

This is why you just play with proxies. Then everybody can have all the fun expensive stuff and you can build a great deck every month

i didnt necessarily mean pic, but that gob has a short nose and softer features than the others. defiantly 'mirin there, ether female or gay.

not every goblin girl is a tiddy monster, but most are due to low stature.

with ballista:
play hulk, make it die somehow
fetch phyrexian delver and viscera seer/carrion feeder
reanimate hulk with delver, sac it to aforementioned sac outlet
bring mikaeus and ballista, kill everyone

without ballista, you need another hulk trigger to bring triskelion, so you need to reanimate it again.
end step meren deals with that, any other reanimation spell does as well.

What? PH gets undying, but you still need the counter to be removed from it

Doom blade would kill him, right?

what the fuck happened to kumena? is this because of the energy bans?

Yes I agree. Outside of basic lands, commons and cheap uncommons, you can pretty much do a whole EDH deck in good proxies for around $40-50, as compared to spending a solid couple hundred or more for the real thing.

He'd exile on cast trigger.

The setup you mentioned would work just fine for Trike as well, since you can just sac Delver, granted you'd lose 7 more life, but that doesn't matter unless you're below that anyway.

Yeah that's what I thought, it would come back once but not twice because the second sac it would have a counter on it.
So essentially you are using Protean to fetch the remaining pieces of the Triskelion combo? I believe he has a protean Hulk and the Mikaeus/Triskelion combo is already in there, so it shouldn't be hard to work that in as well.

If it could hit him but you casting doomblade exiles him. The most hilarious thing to do to get rid of norin is cast a cheap spell then cast sundial of the infinite. Or just stifle his return trigger

Yeah its pretty nice. Some commander staples are still a bit expensive and don't get made by any of the good proxy people but if you're playing with friends it doesn't matter. If you're trying to play at a store it'll be more since you'll have to spring for the good proxies and then buy the stuff you can't get proxied so easily.

yes, that is the idea, you use it to put everything you need in play
there are other cute interactions i use, like abundance + sylvan library, but nothing game winning
be sure to pack other game plans, on the other hand, since grave hate fucks up this combo line
riftsweeper is a nice option, or just get wurmcoil engine and start beating
true that, forgot about that part
thanks

>>calcutron

How did you build it, user? I'm trying to come up with how the fuck to build it myself.

>thread question
Everyone who played any silver bordered cards has had their real decks torn up by me. Fuck off with your le so random bullshit

Depending on how closely people in the store look at cards, you could get them printed in pretty decent quality - they don't come out looking like real on close inspection, but they're definitely passable when double sleeved.

Thoughts on this? Wanted to make a mono black discard deck with a lot of mass creature denial. Oloro is just there to sit in the command zone and fuel stuff like necropotence, sanguine bond, and well of lost dreams

oh, forgot the link, sorry

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mass-discardrack-2/

>op
That sword
>ops question
No, turns out while its fun to see the rulings on interactions, its not fun to play cards with incomplete rulings when those rulings dont have a database i can look up.

>destroying property because of muh feefees

whew lad

You also can juat fetch Karmic guide to bring PH back if you wish, so you would have 2 more uses for it, add in reveillark and have infinite uses.

>If someone were to show up to a game night with one of the new Uncommander's (except the rest of the deck was normally legal cards), would you let them play that deck? If no, why?
Yeah, I wouldn't mind. I can see why people would want to play Grimelda or whatever her name was, and Calculatron seems kinda fun.

Calcutron's pretty interesting for sure

Problem here is that if the guy you're playing against is smart, he probably will just put him in command zone when he's exiled, so impact of Stifle and Sundial are lessened and the deck won't be completely neutered.

She can do both of these things, and she can return and artifact to your hand and then you can choose not to replace it. "You MAY put an artifact card from your hand onto the battlefield."

Transmuter is love, Transmuter is life

You can, as returning is part of the cost, which is good because she can't be killed in response.

The impact is lessened but if you wanted to you could ramp up his mana cost so much that they'd be screwed. I don't think many people play that many stifle effects, or sundial, but I have sundial in my Inalla deck for obvious reasons and the one Norin deck get so salty every time I play it.

With the right support and card can this guy get fined tuned to go off the rails?
Thinking about making one
Probably feast and famine or blue red

>thinking you are above house rules
Come over to my place user and I'll toss your magic collection in the fire

That's beautiful. She's one of my favorite artifact cards, but people always hate kill her when I put her into play because they are afraid of what's to come. Need more ways to keep my bae alive.

Wow user, you're so tough, I bet you get all the women.

gyazo.com/0c35886844b48416a38dc323f454650f
My decks any questions?

Oh jesus, I remember you. You're the "Internet tough guy (TM)" from last month.

Hey man I asked in the last thread but would you mind posting your Volrath?

Are you that lying faggot that "totally" tore up a masterpiece because your buddy played Franky Peanuts?

I swear if that guy wasn't trolling us, he was like, a walking Encyclopedia Dramatica article

First time posting my decks.

And then I would fill you with bullets.

See, I can be an edgy tryhard too.

Faggot.

So many mono coloured decks, any reason for this? Or do you just enjoy trying to make the most of a single colour?

You guys know that casting stifle would just add another exile trigger on the stack right?

>If someone were to show up to a game night with one of the new Uncommander's (except the rest of the deck was normally legal cards), would you let them play that deck? If no, why?

well when you say "game night", im thinking i would say yes, because im there to have fun and if somebody thinks they are gonna have the most fun playing a weird silver-border commander then ill accept that

but if you have a playgroup that plays once or twice a week, and some guy tries to make an uncommander his main deck and play it multiple times per meetup, im going to put my foot down i think.

Do either of you happen to have any ideas for Calclutron? I have no idea how to made a deck around him, but it seems like it would be fun.

I quite like working within the limits of mono colours.

Keep in mind that she still needs to survive a full turn or have haste

Dude at my LGS got me hooked on mono colors as well
Glad to see Im not the only one who finds working in mono constraints fun and challenging. Also hey landbase is usually cheap as chips too.

Yeah, that's what really messes me up. I've added in... That Vedalken dude who makes my artifact hexproof in an attempt to stop my shit getting targeted like that. It's very annoying

You cast any spell, norin's exile ability triggers
end of turn, norins return ability triggers
you stifle his return
norin isnt on the battlefield so his exile ability cant trigger
his return trigger is stifled
he doesnt come back

Are you a retard? We're talking about the end step delayed trigger. Countering it would leave Norin permanently exiled

I did robots at sorcery speed only. It's not good, but it's fun.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/extra-robotic-robots/

Ahhh sorry, I thought you meant stifle when he would leave play and not return. No wonder i'm bad at this game.

I was thinking some discard thrown in there too so that you can get to the cards at he bottom of your hand as well.
I even considered putting Ice Cauldron, but that was mostly because I have one lying around and it has never made it in a deck.

>My playgroup is upping their powerlevel
>One made the comment that it would be really bad for them if I started playing bloodmoon again
>they didnt know I started playing purphoros in my token decks

Just make sure to put in knowledge pool for maximum FUN (tm)
And make sure to have something to swap it out for in your sideboard

Exquisite taste bud

I don't like fun.