>wood grips
Check
>circular hammer
Check

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrong board, mate.

You’re either blind or fucking stupid, considering that’s a pretty sexy pistol I’m guessing stupid.

I know theres a lot of cross boarding with /k/, but jesus christ

Legit thought I clicked /k/ for a second.

Hardballer most aesthetic pistol

no

>non-long slide auto
In2trash it goes

Hey /k/.

Nice not-C96 Mauser.

>power pack release lever just below safety
Yeah I can't see that EVER being a problem.

Honestly the way blasters are all just real-world guns with random bits bolted on or swapped around is one of my favorite things about Star Wars.

>guns with random bits bolted on or swapped around
Spot the gun.

It's not exclusive to SW. For example, M41A from Alien is just a Tommygun with bells and whistles.

Wrong board homie. But yeah it is sexy

I don't see it

One sexy beast. How can nu-scifi even compare?

Incidentally, the Smart Gun is just a M42 with a bunch of motorcycle parts slapped on.

they also added in some SPAS 12

This. I love this gun, wish it’d show up again in another movie

Pistol grip, barrel, and receiver senpai.
Grenade launcher is a sawn-off Spas-12

This is now a Veeky Forums firearms thread. Post more firearms.

How can mortal men even compete?

Dumping some SLA Industires stuff.

Tell me Veeky Forums; magically enhanced or enchanted firearms, do you like them?

I prefer magical mambo-jumbo out of technological stuff. Kind of like Arcanum did.

I prefer the 1911 as always.

Just make it a long barrel version and I will cum so hard.

Needs more daka
And paint it red

aesthetic and cyberpunk as fuck

>9mm
Ok, enjoy needing 4+ bullets to neutralise someone

what's a good justification for using contemporary and cold war firearms in a sci-fi setting. And I'm not talking futuristic versions of them, but straight up M16s and AKs in space

There's so god damn many of them that they're really cheap.

Firearms started to evolve as energy weapons, but some kind of anomaly or cataclysm made them useless at some point.

There is none, now put that piece of junk back in the museum; we got a job to do

Reliable, low tech variants in frontier worlds. Techno-barbarians. An ancient fire arm colector. Guns are guns, people still charge with bayonets in war.

>this is what armchair experts actually believe

Alright user, come attack me after I double tap you center mass.

God this gun is such a piece of shit, but I love it.

>Brown-thing
Wot? You mean dat stikky thing stickin' out o' the dakka gubbin?
>19onumbas
If that ain't the numba o' shots come flying when I'z pull the trigga thing then I'z not interesseted.
>Sweet adjuset.. adjest.. adjustablez sights
Wot kind o git uses them anywayz?
>9mm
Ya means to tell me I can eat them?
>Woodan grips
Woodan anyfin's a right kaptainy feetarr.
>Circulear hamma!
Now yar talkin, git! Dakka wife a hamma so ya can hamma when ya dakka!

Steadi-Cam rig for the harness.

Remington 870 in SPAS-12 furniture, actually.

Surplus is cheap as shit.

I know it's the most cliche and basic response, but truthfully, my answer is "depends on the setting."

Or more directly, "depends on the setting's tech level." The firearms need to match the setting's tech level, both in regards to high vs. low magic and actual tech level. If magic is hard and firearms are scarce, you're not going to be able to roll some gunslinger mage. If magic is more common and guns don't cost adventurers an arm and a leg, I'd be more lenient. Going back to actual setting, say you have a Star Wars campaign where there's a villain modifying blasters with Sith Alchemy, I'd be able to accept it pretty easily. If you're asking strictly homebrew modules or settings, I have a soft spot for Age of Sail and Piracy and Westerns, so I'd allow magical enchantments for guns to some degree, so long as it keeps the "spirit" of the idea alive. Or if it's just fun.

Necromancer-turned-pirate, sailing the seas on a massive fortress-ship with a crew of undead thralls, manic apprentices, and regular hired scumbags, I'd be able to accept he might have some kind of magically enhanced flintlocks and such he'll use while raiding.

if it aint broke dont fix it
we literally still use machineguns invented in the first world war

If bullshit sci fi armour isn't available to the people you're fighting, a bullet will kill them just as dead as a plasma blast or whatever the fuck. AKs are reliable beyond all reason, they will still be reliable 100 years in the future and they will still kill an unarmoured person very very dead.

M2 ON MARS

>Browning
this is my surname, nothing makes rednecks harder when they find out

not super related, I'm just sharing

All of these SLA sketches look really good, it's just a shame the sculpts don't live up to them at all so far.

>it's just a shame the sculpts don't live up to them at all so far.
I only have experience with shiver squad, but I thought they were pretty great. Don't know about the other ones.

Reliability isn't the issue, it's longevity. An AK will wear out just as fast as an AR when measured in rounds fired.

I always liked the idea of firearm enchants improving the function of the gun rather than a straight damage boost. Like instead of a hammer striking a frizzen and igniting a powder charge the hammer and the pan both have half a fire rune engraved on them so that when the trigger is pulled and the hammer hits the pan the rune is completed which ignites the powder in the barrel.

>An AK will wear out just as fast as an AR when measured in rounds fired.
t. doesnt know anything about firearm maintainance

Even with maintenance you'll still need to replace parts eventually.

Yes, but an AK is more likely to be in working function after being left in the dust of a far flung planet for half a century than an AR

I dunno mango, most Ar receivers are made from milled Aluminum or even cast Aluminum, whereas AK receivers are made typically in some alloy of steel. My AK receiver is 4130 Chromium-Moly and when hardened has a higher hardness level than heat treated aluminum while maintaining good ductility and corrosion resistance. As long as you are cleaning your rifle and keeping the dirt out of it, the AK has lasted through the decades as out-performed the AR model in various environments. The AR comes out on top with more contemptary modifications and versatility. But when someone just needs killing, an AK is cheaper, reliable, and inexpensive to maintain.

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU

Not really. AKs aren't actually designed to function after being abused, they're designed with loose tolerances because they were expected to be handed off to an undereducated conscript who might not perform basic maintenance on the gun. The idea that you can dig up an AK that's spent years in the ground exposed to the elements, slap a mag in, and it will work fine is mostly myth built around a few outlier examples.

AKs aren't any less expensive to maintain than an AR and they're only less expensive to manufacture if you've got a factory shitting out millions of them over the decades as metal stamping has massive startup costs.

Commies get btfo

My favorite gun from a game is That Gun from NV. It had the stats and the aesthetic to please everyone. Anyone who disagrees can fuck right off.

.223 pistol in fallout 1/2 was much more satisfying, but that gun is alright

But it's basically a Deckard's gun from Blade Runner.

>Ranger Sequoia
Also has anyone tried using Mercy? I had like 20 something explosives and I could easily destroy deathclaws

They exist.

People still insist the 1911 is a viable firearm and the design for it is over a hundred years old at this point with no sign of diehards letting it go any time soon. Glocks, those lovable bricks that look like a bar of butter with a muzzle, were invented in 1963, meaning the basic design for them is over 50 years old.

Believe it or not, ever since the concept of the assault rifle debuted in a major fashion with WWII, firearms design has drastically slowed down for the most part in terms of major innovation, with most weapons we consider modern these days tracing their design to the 50's and 60's. The original M16 civilian variant that Colt made is already a Curio and Relic to give you an idea. The major breakthroughs since then have been in what they're made of (plastic everything) attachments, and ammunition. There are some exceptions of course, but most of these novel designs are still very much in their infancy or lack the reliability or cheaper cost of a traditional firearm. In addition people, especially those in gun circles, tend to like to stick to what they know "works".

So in a sci fi world, it may be possible people are still using designs based on current firearms like M16's, Ak's, Glocks, etc, but modernized and tweaked as materials and manufacturing techniques improve. Maybe the guns have higher capacity 100 round magazines that are just as reliable as our modern 30 rounders. Maybe they've figured out a way to make a Glock with even more polymer so it's super light weight for carrying. Perhaps the average rifleman has easy access to things like scopes that can sense thermal through walls or automatically lead a target for the shooter when linked to a HUD. The movie Elysium has elements of this and while the plot of the movie is pretty meh, the world it's set in is very interesting and the guns are part of what make it that way. You should watch it.

So long as This Machine is a thing, you are wrong.

It's pretty good but have you considered Pic Related?

>what's a good justification for using contemporary and cold war firearms in a sci-fi setting. And I'm not talking futuristic versions of them, but straight up M16s and AKs in space

The designs went open-source at some point and are included for free with every 3D printer sold.

No better projectile weapons were developed before lasers and you're too poor for the rare earths you need to feed your 3D printer to build 5000 lasers.

>AKs weren't designed to be abused
>they were designed so that they could handle being abused by untrained conscripts.

Aren't you a little glad you didn't, though?

>mateba autorevolver
my gentleman

Colt Pocket Hammerless

Try a Kongsberg Colt on for size if you want some unique shit

shut the fuck up punk bitch

Literal perfection. Aesthetic as fuck.

>a 5-7 but 5 times the price and 3/4 of the capacity
and it's ammo is even more snowflake

They work, they're cheap, they're not that difficult to make and there's loads of them already
Fuck I shouldn't have to justify why people would still use the AK in the future you should have justify why they wouldn't

>mocking my 9mm cousin are you? We'll see who's laughing now.

>We'll see who's laughing now.
I'm pretty sure that wh40k laspistol has destructive capability of literal flashlight.

FUCK
I meant to reply to the post above

and forgot to say which one, this day is starting wonderfully for me