How to get even?

Were playing D&D 5th edition.

My wizard elf (Neutral Evil) steals a measly cloak from a marketplace, gets chased down by own party to return it, pretty innocent.

They turn me in. They turn me into the guard, and ask for my incarceration. Rub it in my character's face.

I'm not letting these fucks live. Any tips or tricks on turning on your allies? (Chances are I'm getting out next game)

>being evil in a good party and not even hiding it
>not knowing how to play neutral evil, doing chaotic acts, and petty theft at that
>getting buttflustered when you're punished
>actually thinking of leaving the game over this

I guess you made me reply so 4/10 bait but that's the best I can do boy-o.

RIP this is my first time playing dnd my character is a klepto

Also not planning on leaving the game. Chances are I just make a new character.

Oh I meant getting out of jail next game shit

Ah you meant getting out of prison.
Well, a klepto and your plan (killing the fuck out of them over this) is more indicative of a chaotic alignment than it is of a neutral evil one.
Now the execution of your plan is gonna depend a lot on your DM and the other players and their characters, so tell us more about them. You will very likely be killed, which is ok since you're planning a new character.
So give us the classes, races, alignments, spells etc. of your party and your DM's disposition to PvP and assassination plans.

Alignments are a mistake that makes people force themselves to act certain ways they think should fit the alignment.

>I'm not letting these fucks live. Any tips or tricks on turning on your allies?
Officially a top 10 piece of human garbage, leave instead forcing anything with sentience to play with you

DM said its up to my discretion and how well me and the others in the party roll.

Human Fighter (says he's "Lawful Good"): Guy who ratted me out. Pretty strong. My big beef is with this character. Was upset when he found out my character would return next game.

Elf Ranger: Less responsible for me going to jail, even fought for me. However, ambivalent to me being in jail.

I thought about maybe not outright trying to fight them, but instead letting them die? So far I'm the only one whose bothered to heal them with potions because they're really reckless when fighting.

Just wanted to know if there are any goofy tips and tricks and maybe instances were people have turned on the other characters.

We're good friends, as opposed to our party. If my character kills everyone (or the other way around likely) they understand its all in good fun.

Wait out for a fight where the fighter is low and struggling and the ranger can't reasonably down you before you incapacitate her, then kill him, and possibly the ranger as well.

I think my biggest worry is the ranger's arrows. The player is known for rolling critical successes in a row.

>character turning on the party
Just don't

Have you tried not being a little bitch?
Sure you can get immediate and petty revenge, but that will get you thrown out of the group. Why were you even stealing a worthless npc cloak anyway? For the lols? You are the problem.

But if you get your shit together and get my words through your thick, shit-filled ears, then you will have a better revenge. Repent, say you were wrong, and accept a night in jail. Stop stealing in broad daylight. Find out what the other party members like. Befriend the elf. Slowly take everything the fighter loves and destroy it. Drink more water.

hurr durr i'm a klepto

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Instead of being a shithead who makes the game less fun for the other players, try either making an effort to fit in, or leave the group.

On a 51+ this is a bait thread that didn't actually happen.

Sounds like a problem that should've been resolved during character creation, but if your group is fine with PvP, then I won't dissuade you from continuing on this path of destruction.

>How to get even?
>We're playing D&D 5th
Quit.

Alternatively:
>Playing D&D
>Neutral Evil
Quit.

What level are you guys? If you're still weak enough that you can be incarcerated by guards, then I'm assuming you're somewhere within or close to the first tier of play (level 1-4). Also, knowing more about each person's character build would be useful if you know, like archetype, fighting style, weapons and equipment, whether they focused on Strength for melee or Dexterity for ranged, etc.

Amen brother.

You are either shitposting or a walking stereotype.
Either way, snap your own neck.

Sure, here's the easiest way: when your character gets out of jail, he/she will have hopefully realized that getting away with theft is not possible around your party member and as such you should either be more sneaky, drop the theft, or make a new character. Unless your character is a psycho and you plan on leaving the game for good, then by all means kill two people out of the pettiest revenge.

Listen son, you shouldn't act stupid like that. It's just not right.

Now I want you to picture yourself and your friends -or alternatively, your family- your very favorite people sitting in a boat all together on a lake. You and all your best buddies row to go in one direction: then you notice that one of them is rowing to the opposite direction. What would you think of them? You and your group had already decided to head in the direction you're rowing, yet this one guy -or girl- is rowing in the opposite direction! What, pray tell, would you think of them?

That was you in that game, son. Now put yourself in the other players' shoes.

frame him for your crimes in the future. then you can call him a hypocrite.

also claim hes framing you if he reports you again after.

If hes butthurt/taking it too seriously be sure to assume a tone of ignorant happy roleplaying to piss him off more.

if he takes it in stride then you have a "friendly rivalry" even if its one sided IC.

just smother them in their sleep

Stop showing up to games, it'll improve the lives of everyone involved