/kdm/ Kingdom Death: Monster (KD:M)

Store has updated with old stuff edition.

Forgotten: >What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Prologue Narration: youtu.be/FNLc8dHv0Ac

Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of the Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters. The current version is 1.5.

Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 20-30 'lantern years', overcoming the odds that are against you. The game has 3 phases:
1. Hunt: You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Showdown: Fight them
3. Settlement: Return with the goods

A maximum of 20-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.5 Rulebook photographs (yet to be fully scanned)
sendspace.com/file/gcd7jz

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/raw/L0zFRLsx

>family can't believe I spent 400 bucks on this
>they own every expansion to Dominion

Also, assembling the hands onto the Phoenix keeps getting me high from the glue. Do I need to be using a fume hood or something?

Loctite gel has been a godsend though

Ventilate your room?

It's an open basement, but I keep the glue on the desk next to the model and I keep leaning in to see how I'm orienting the hands and basically huffing it for half an hour at a time

What kind of glue are you using? Superglue doesn't emanate anything to my knowledge.

Loctite gel glue, no pic on my phone

And I'm pretty sure super glue is exactly what people huff?

Really? Never even noticed anything, but I suppose it's because the quantities are so small. I'm using liquid Loctite. Never smelled like solvants.

>letting your family know how much you're really spending
>letting your family know how much you're really earning
>missing kickstarter

I didn't have a job during the kickstarter

Jesus Christ, Just finished gluing the phoenix.

I'm surprised that it can balance, now I just have to find a way to paint this thing.

Airbrush

>have only glued 18 of the 30 hands

Woah, this thread needs a bump.

Report in on what you're working on right now!

Is there a dedicated Chinaman for this or should I just scour ebay until I find a suspiciously generous offering? I only a few armor pieces for conversions and fuck buying the whole box for it or a single sprue at 50 bucks.

FAVE ARMOR GO

But user, mai waifu wears no armor

There's a Russian recaster site but I forgot the url, someone will hook you up.

>Old stuff in store
>Still no expansion refill

You got my hopes up for a second there

I'm getting a Watcher delivered soon.
How hellish is it going to be to assemble?

>implying the expansions wouldn't have sold out in 3 seconds anyway

lonely tree, lion god and spidicule are available in the UK warehouse

not too much the hardest is the young survivor.

I did it boys, the phoenix is assembled and primed!

>>Old stuff in store
What does Outfit keyword do?

Are there any early game builds that make a whip a decent weapon? “Bone Dagger but weaker” doesn’t really strike me as having a purpose by itself.

Sounds like a keyword he put in for the promos that he couldnt' decide how to implement in the full game yet

carry it for the hunt phase not the showdown phase

According to BGG, you can use Outfit gear to substitute set completion pieces of the same material keyword. In that particular case, Hard Breastplate could presumably stand in for a piece with the “leather” keyword.

I guess it could also be used to “safely” mill bad Wound reactions, then eat the Trap and die anyway

>> Organize group to play KDM and do all the time keeping.
>> Go to try play KDM. Just start to get ready.
>> Everyone bails out a few hours beforehand.
>> At least they had the decency to let me know.
>> One of the players bailed out to go to a "birthday" event in the same store lol.
>> Other players don't even give an excuse and would have left me hanging high and dry without even telling me they weren't showing if it wasn't at least for the one player showing some decency

Why do people do this shit? This is why I stopped being a game master here and stopped trying to start a 40k community and other things. Quite frankly its a miracle we have a nerd scene here at all with some dedicated players but they only play 40k and nothing else.

>start a 40k community
You deserve it

Think of it like a tool. Like the sickle and pick. Or equip your SotF + Clan of Death + Saga survivor with it and demolish things as though it were a genuine weapon. Lol Str+5.

>all those heritable stat boosts
The scent of your blood...you're a Belmont!

Oh shit.... you're right!

Rodger dodger, gluing all those faces is going to take me more time that gluing the tiny hands.

>attacking survivors can't spend survival
Shit wait... We can't surge to attack twice? Fuck, that makes this game so much fucking harder than it already was!

How come you didn’t do that before priming?

After you attack, you are no longer attacking

Oh thank god. Still, I guess no dodging, or dashing away then.

It just means you can't use survival in response to reactions, essentially. After damage has been dealt you're no longer considered attacking.

It was just some light priming to see if some of the mold lines where visable.
I wanted to be done with the cleanup before I glue this dam thing to the base.

I hate games with a countdown.
>"Hurp It Just ended"
Fuck that noise.

Please tell me that It aint like this, because I might get this game... Someday.

Sell me on this game, Veeky Forums.
Im not a Wh40k or painter guy.

Maybe they think you suck and feel bad for you, but hate you too much to carry on their good intentions?

Are you fat, by any chance?

The only group I am part of that people constantly bail on, is one with THATGUY. He is not a bad person, but its hard to stand around him.

The count down is for the final boss.

There will be another kickstarter .... R-Right? Maybe for 2.0 Aka the focal version... $250 for the Full game + expansions and what not? R-right?

What is It?

>not making 90k out of college
The usual theory is that the next kickstarter won't be KD 2.0, but another game in the setting

Oh, Im not the same user.
I just missed the kickstarter too.

It has boobies

Something that even other monsters fear.

Watch Woolie's tabletop simulator playthrough of it on Youtube. They lost the footage from the session where they fucked up and lost the game

Where is the Recast link?

You can play the original campaign with an indefinite ending.

Why?

Because

no

>unlock phoenix
>aw yeah lets beat this chicken, first try blind
>bring my big boys and 2 (TWO) Steel Shields
>mfw after that fight

guess what happened I fucken wiped hard, got him to 4 wounds left but shit

Did you have surge, dash, at least 4 survival, and at least two complete sets?

I had dash. Two survivors with Lion and Hide armor, the third shield specialty with steel shield and the fourth a shield. Lost most survival on the hunt.

The hide dude had a steel shield too,
but unfortunetly I didnt expect movement to be so vital, thus the -3 movement penalty on the steel shields really put a stick in the situation

I did play blind though so I am not too sad

>a stick in the situation
wut

What's wrong with 40K? If you have fun painting models I don't see what the issue with it is.

>yfw

IF you enjoy or enjoy the idea of putting together detailed minis , sell yourself now , watch some videos of gameplay, don't spoil the game but see enough to have an idea of what to expect.
If you aren't interested in assembly of minis and possibly painting then it isn't for you

Where's year nine you skinny bleached faggot

What's the hardest you've been shit on early game?

First real hunt after the prologue, we get the hunting lion event that makes him start with Ground Fighting. Our Dart Thrower gets a death mask from the mask salesman event, and the starting terrain has a giant face.

So everybody chills while she climbs up and bops him with a turn-1 crit to the leg, for immediate knockdown and the 1d10 for knockdown each move. Everybody goes apeshit on him and we end the first round with four wounds.

We're so bloodlusted we don't position properly (this part at least is our fault) and when he immediately draws Lick Wounds he gets so far away we can't stop him from healing back to full.

Then it turns out we used up all our luck in that first exchange. By the end of the match we're fighting a lion with four -acc tokens, 1 for knockdown on move, and 1-2 for discard AI and lose turn. He doesn't roll a single die less than 7 the entire fucking match. We get wiped.

>tfw

>minimal starting pop
>Murder
>Plague

Did you cut his balls off and made him deal more damage?

jesus christ, user

I need that hook user.

i really hope sleeves get replenished by the time the expansions start shipping. cant seem to find the gear card sleeves anywhere.

Someone linked it last month, dig through the archives if it's worth that much to you.

For the phoenix feathers, I want to do red and gold, but I don't know whether to base red, brush gold
Base red, wash gold
base gold brush red
or base gold wash red

Leaning towards base gold, wash red, seems hardest to screw up?

Is my question even making sense?

Got some work done on my screaming antelope last night.
Trying to go with a flayed flesh/exposed muscle look and feel like it's coming along well so far. Currently trying to decide whether or not to give all the fleshy areas a gloss varnish after all is said and done.

>and feel like it's coming along well so far
It isn't.
Did you recast pheonix hands and put them in the belly? That's some good work.

are you the colorblind guy?

Nah, that's the way it I out of the box. Wanna not play around too much with my first copies to avoid mangling my new expensive toys (still regretting my attempt to magnetize the wings on the Phoenix ; left massive gaps). Just hoping the ebay aftermarket stays where it is in case the inspiration ever hits me to do a custom beasty.

Colorblind user is painting all his stuff like stone specifically to avoid this kind of bullshit.

No. What exactly do you think is wrong with it?

I took 2 zero xp survivors in my SotF settlement

not that user , Maybe it's the lighting or your camera but it looks very pinky-purpley and not red

3 dead in lion fight. 6 dipshits at the ol 'Horde. 2 dead second lion. Plague, want to innovate ammonia but Literally all bone and hide. Didnt last long after. Innovated twice, never got ammonia. Plague killed 3 more and intimacy took the rest.

Yeah, think that it was the hyper white lights in my light box combined with the somewhat meh quality of my camera.
Here's a picture under some more natural lighting. Probably going to wind up giving it a few red glazes to bring it more to the red spectrum and add a bit of variation in any case.

do a very dark red wash on all the muscle or it will look like bubblegum like it does now. Think coagulated blood color where the bundles come together

>Nah, that's the way it I out of the box.
Fucc, I never noticed those little hands on my own model.
On a related note, are the inner face and the big hands of the shitbird part of the parasite infecting it, or are they "natural" to the species?

from what he said about the ringtail fox expansion itll be pretty huge and probably come out before 2.0 if it happens and thatll be it or hell go into kingdom death hero

Gave it a couple glazes and a very watery brown/red wash.
Any better?

>mold line
Coloration is more satanic now, but you should think of a way to get a harsher gradient from white to red to bloodish brown

Hey /kdm/, is there a place to get all of the art/pictures of the minis for this? I'm not interested in the rules/game itself, but, I just love the art and its aesthetic.

Google
Artist dA pages
Buy models for their included art prints

Looks good!

Im not the same user that asked first, so that you know.
You may be thinking "whatever", but also may be thinking "what a needy fag" and the other user does not deserve this inconsequential shit.

I'd base deep red, brush gold, wash red, fiiiiiiine highlight gold.
Assuming you want a rich red-gold, not bronze-y, finish.

Try asking in WIP.

Try extreme-edge highlighting with very pale pink?
Might raise some detail out of the meat.
Also, put your model in the fridge for your next photo - ghetto lightbox that works amazingly well.

Bump for 3d printed terrain pieces. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, given how inexperienced I am with an airbrush.

Though knowing my phone this is probably going to post sideways. Alas, I am at work and not at my computer

Yeah, you may wanna invest in a big bucket of filler and an economy pack of sand paper if you intend to do anything with that 3D printer.

So how do you accurately place the models on that thing?

I heard a bunch about this. Is it worth it? Do you have to devote your life to playing this and only this to get your money's worth, basically?

The kickstarter was cheap, yo

Acetone vapor bath works better, and I could have done that. Would have taken more time than painting it did so I kind of just shrugged. It was a misprint anyways. I'll see how others turn out

Survivors fit on the six rocks, not sure what to do about the monsters to be honest.

I also don't like painting minis, but KDM is pretty fuckin good. Don't have to paint them, you know

Did pretty much the same thing as you.
>Was slaughtering lvl 1 Lions with ease and just took a lvl 2 Lion successfully.
>Figured I'd try the Phoenix.
>Get my 4 best dudes smeared

>still early in campaign
>hunting Lion again immediately after Butcher
>been getting FUCKED for bones whole campaign
>only get enough to innovate, pretty much it
>having to fight Butcher and Lions with whips
>Get Acid Storm hunting Lion
>constantly draw trap cards during showdown
>can't land a wound for shit
>despite having 2 hunter's whips
>every single severe injury roll kills