Is CardFight Vanguard good?

Never heard of it until today

no, its below shit tier.

What's in shit tier?

Op here. Ty mate, not wasting my time them.

nice residents pic, what's ur fav album of theirs?

mine is either Not Available or God in Three Persons.

No. You just run grade 1 rush. The community is buttfuck retarded but they all thin they're geniuses. Bushiroad is a shit company that never expands the design space (except into places where it doesn't work)

I tried it on release, it seemed like Pokemon but without trainers and half of YGO's combat system. Also, higher grades are better. Seemly pretty limited design space, unless they wanted to go into YGO realms of walls of text.

Grade 1 rush is a result of bad theorycrafting, and as a rule (there are exceptions) doesn't survive testing in the real world.

The people that pushed g1 rush are jokes that players mention whenever they want to talk about complete scrubs and pojo writers.

It's an alright game that suffers from being too luck based. I'd say Buddyfight is the better Bushiroad game.

I play it often and like others say its very luck based. But so is poker, do you really want to play some MTG pay to win game?

Its really cheap to get into too so if you're looking to try it out go ahead and if its not your thing theres not much harm done.

>Tfw I won so much money in Vanguard tournaments in highschool that my mom asked if I was a drug dealer.

>25 packs of lvl up!
>60 packs of chaos control crisis
>pulls are garbage
fml should I buy another box of CCC or just wait for the Climax booster set?

Wait for the Climax set

>t. Two assmad Retards who are triggered that this game isn't like their "Highly Intellectual and well-thought-out MTG reeeeeeeee"
It truly saddens me that this board in it's current state is liable to believe this is it without even bothering to look into the actual nature of the game.

You can't say that on /wotc/

Really, /pol/, it's time for you to go back.

MTG fags have always been like this and they've always been here

good fun game, great but small community, Decent company
overhaul 7.5/10

Does MTG tournaments have as much unchecked cheating as typical Bushi regionals?

No. Wizards cracks down a bit more in their competitive events. I like bushi, but their events are basically murder scenes compared to their competitors. There aren't really any standards for shuffling.

This comes up sometimes when japenese players come from other games to magic and they never learned how to shuffle in any other way than the overhand cut they do in the yugioh anime. There are pokemon players that made it to worlds last year that didn't know how to shuffle. Either the japs don't really have a mind for angle shooting, or it's expected. Either way, that shit doesn't fly with the western crowd.

Is this the vanguard thread? I need suggestions for my Gear Colossus deck.

It was genuinely probably THE most balanced card game (not counting pre-con deckbuilders like DC heroes) a set or two ago.

Zeroth Dragons could be fine or they could be cancer that could ruin the game.

People also majorly underestimate the fact that NN will be THE META. 5 attacks 4 of which are 2 crit is nothing to sneeze at since it costs like 2 cb.

Pre-ban 7c rush was pretty good.

-t am friends with my countries GC clan leader and have a slight favorable matchup

It's ok i played it for 2 years, I quit because the deck "variety" is really just "this deck kinda does it's old gimmick but really has the same timings and core mechanics everyone else has.

if you want to be competitive you play shadows or the meme deck of the set.

and power creep hit this game fast and hard.

g1 rush. what a fucking meme i'll be busy playing restand.deck

>CardFight Online

[Your favourite game]

bushiroad doesn't know how to make video games.

It wasn't Bushiroad's fault with Cardfight Online.
The issue was that they got the FGO devs to do it and they said "fuck it we have more FGO to milk"

Me and a few friends maintain decks since 2012 (Spike Bros and Shadow Paladin for me). But unless you got some others around to play even a cheap pet deck isn't worth it. Secondary market for this game gets retarded at times and Bushiroad does spotty reprints and when they do it's rarely something that needed it.

I'll try to be brief.
Vanguard is a rather unique card game that gets extremely luck dependent. I'm not going to explain it because I don't want a mile long post. If you're curious, I recommend watching the plug-in anime, they explain everything there and it probably makes more sense watching that than reading a rulebook. It's surprisingly good.

The other thing is make sure you have a local scene, since it's nowhere near as big as the big three, and the secondary market gets absolutely fucked.

this game has the best art of all weeb card games? some furries look amazing.
Force of Will has lots of digital pics like MTG nowadays. but Magic still feels better when the creatures aren't posing/looking at you, that ruins my imersion.

For a beautiful moment Vanguard was the best and most balanced card game out there. Then the Dragon Empire attacked. Also a far worse community than every other game, every top player cheats it's not even funny and Bushi have no idea how to manage tournaments. In Japan all the top tourneys are privately run.

First of all, I'd go -1 Demiurge, +1 Altered Dragon. Altered Dragon synergizes with pretty much the whole deck, and can turn on Gear Colossus synergies if you have a non-Drastic G3 active. Demiurge is a great finisher, but you're almost never going to be able to trigger it twice in one game.

Vanguard is a fun game if you can keep a more casual mindset about it. It's not an outright mess to play competitively, it's just that random chance features heavily in gameplay and some decks have old out of print cards that are painfully expensive.

clan leader doesn't mean shit, it just means you're a no-lifer who scrubbed out.

Thre’s only one card came setting thet’s good.

God the animation and character designs for Chaotic were fucking garbage in the earlier seasons.

Why aren't you Rising to Supremacy with Dragoborne?

Most of them don't seem too bad or overbearing, honestly. Dust was the biggest offender and was changed to not be an insta-kill. I think the game will be fine.

stark is shit, except for gallop
drachma has meme potential
ultima gets fucking insane
dust is dust
megiddo is shit

As always, everyone forgets about Zoo.

Though the only time I appreciated Zoa was just to trigger Success without much effort since it's not hard to stop a single unit.

>megiddo
>shit
It's the only one that isn't meme tier but damn is it solid

run any build of GC other than colossus lol

thanks fag

Fang is worse than Colossus, jet is more money than I want to spend

You can play legion or chronoscommand

If you didn't have any constructive feedback on the list why did you post

I'm not even them. I'm just pointing out options.
My Colossus deck is a dumb pure build that is efficient at decking out and not much else so I don't want to give you bad advice

Games end in like 2 turns after the 1st stride, control is king, lucksacking is more obvious in this game with the trigger system, secondary market is fucked. On the bright side, pretty art for a weeb tcg, simple to pick up and can be fun to play casually if locals exists.

Went to a con and played it at a booth as a demo.
The guy stomped me with a crazy combo. Then tried to sell me a £60 starter set.
No thanks mate.

Is it okay if you post your list? Any ideas are better than nothing

>Is CardFight Vanguard good?
No
>Is CardFight Vanguard fun?
If you play casually with friends and shout all the shit from the anime hell yes. Bonus points for getting a little buzzed beforehand.