strawpoll.me/14857159/

Discussions:
Custodes > Grey Knights
Pro-Soup vs Anti-Soup
Awoo Tiddies vs Birb Butts

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/16/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-2-troopsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Nipple Painting Tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=geNlfQdRInM

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>tfw your favorite faction is getting new lore
feels warm and fuzzy

my dudes > your dudes

Did no one think to add a (any non lure smites do not get effected)

Because its retarded on the get go.

post your favorite three loyalist legions and why they are your favorites
post your favorite three traitor legions and why they are your favorites

Someone crack the mystery of pheromone trails. What use does it have now, after the errata. Surely there is something?

>Small elite force of the Emperors own guards are better at fighting daemons than the SM chapter dedicated to fighting daemons.

Why?

So what are the chances that Tzaangors will have their own psychic discipline?

So are black Templars a thing on blarf.

Obvious why I'm asking, just interested because they don't have their own codex and never got one sinse i last played.

>expecting competancy from GW
>expecting GW to give NPC races usable rules

The worst thing about the pheremone trails change is that the literal next two codexes after they FAQed that out, Daemons AND Custoads get a fucking deep strike stratagem

>Pheremone trails would require both a CP cost AND a points/elite slot tax to be able to Deep Strike a unit in reserves
>literally only unit this ability would be useful on is genestealers, because why would you pay CP to deep strike a unit that can already deep strike

>Chaos daemons and Custoads just need to pay CP to deep strike ANY unit

>then why would you errate away its only use
>why would GW be retarded?

Gee I fuckin' wonder

Money.
[Spoiler]It hurts...[/Spoiler]

Again I imagine they wanted to test as is and see how it works out. The point is to try the larger nerf and then address it once they've gotten feedback.

>stronger dudes are better at fighting than weaker dudes

hurrr

Small
Elite
Force

>Small elite force of the Emperors own guards are better at fighting xenos than the SM chapter dedicated to fighting xenos.

I don't know if I can play this game if GW is that retarded user.

Has anyone contacted them about this? Maybe there's some missing reinforcement rules or beta reserve rules on the horizon?

This is true.

Loyalist
None

Chaos
World Eaters
Night Lords
Emps Kids

Xenos are better than all though
Eldar (all factions)
Nids
Orks

Thoughts? Any ideas for what i should add next? IW for the legion trait by the way.

litterally less than zero

They have more anti psyker than the race that built an anti warp array that lasted millions of years

Email their FAQ line.

That's like throwing a rock into oncoming traffic before throwing a small child. It's a good idea to test what happens but maybe you should think what will happen first.

the codex writers get like a months to smash this shit out after seeing the new models so shit ends up fucked.

Lamenters, Salamanders, don't have a third. Lamenters for their tragic story, Salamanders for their humanity.
Thousand Sons, IW, Word Bearers.
Thousand Sons for their story, what happened to them and where they are now, IW because I like their colours and Perty, WB because what happened with them in the HH was incredible.

Are tzzangors any good in 1k sons I never see them in lists or in bat reps (no one plays them locally that I've met)

>he doesn't know about gws gross incompetence.

They're just acting in character as the imperium.

can anyone provide me with a list of the unique rules for all the loyalist SM chapters and if there are any for the choas chapters

Grey Knights are better at fighting daemons since they're more expendable.

>In response to someone complaining that Tau have BS4+ while all Custodes have 2+

LEL

>They're just acting in character as the imperium.

EVERTHING IS CLEAR TO ME NOW

HOLY SHIT

Oh god I bet it was a lore day that though tau were the best gunners in the galaxy

>Space Wolves
Rivalry with TSons is interesting and fun.
Largest fleet.
Break the mould in interesting ways, primarchs should never have had so much loyalty for Robooty's space book.
>TSons
Rivalry with Space Wolves is interesting and fun.
The fact that there are so few left, guarding over the ashy remains of their brethren is a compelling narrative.
Magnus is cool even though he did everything wrong

>our background drives our rules
>thousand sons can't use psyker dreads

So am i reading this right? That unlike other armies any custodes units gets Obj not just the troops?

Okay, I get that they're on a time frame, but surely someone at GW is intelligent enough to recognize that making pheromone trails not work with unit abilities that allow deep striking makes it completely, objectively, without any conceivable use. Like surely someone would think "huh, what would I use this for if not for genestealer infestation nodes?"

Surely?

what's the faq email?

Will GW ever hire a team to balance the game?

Will GW ever hire their own version of Ghostcrawler from the older WoW days?

Holy shit that is a new level of cucked, this is incredible.

>Are tzzangors any good in 1k sons I never see them in lists
They're more expensive chaff. You're better off using Cultists.

Wait until 8e when you get birdboi Psykers and Diskbirds

God, I want to kill some fucking birb nerds RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Yeah minus their vehicles.

>race was given its technology
>incredible technology they have found themselves with

Is...is this pre-established lore? The dude who runs GW's social media accounts not knowing what he's talking about?

Or did they just let something slip?

you could already only cast psychic powers once per turn, except for smite.

Magnus did nothing wrong. He also eats spicy curry

forgot to list my second and third favorites
>loyalist
Salamanders
Blood Angels
>traitors
Emperor's Children
Black Legion

Why spend the money? Everyone still bought models when GW made much worse decisions regarding game rules.

Is there any 3rd party knight bits? I would like a shield for my knight, but im open to whatever.

>the absolute state of Tau fans

What’s unbalanced this week?

That is really cool now you dont have to spam guardians to be able to fight high troop count armies.

It's meant for missions that have special reserve rules. That's it. Not every stratagem is designed to be viable in any given scenario.

White Scars (Jagathai is the unironically the smartest primarch, great color scheme, great culture, going fast is fun)
Iron Hands with their leader Iron Hands who has Iron Hands
Ultramarines because they're not retarded, have a nice Greco-Roman theme and the 500 worlds are not as shitty to live in

Alpha Legion because they're smart but use that intelligence for overcomplicated ridiculous plans instead of just winning everything
Iron Warriors because they look cool, I'm about as autistic as Perty and cool lore
Thousand Sons due to nice aesthetics

as for xenos
Necron > Eldar > Orks

Loyalists
Black Templars
>crusades and shit
Crimson Fists
>had sick rules in 5th edition and look badass
Knights of Blood
>bro tier BA successor, died for their dad.

Traitors
Iron Warriors
>BFG
Night Lords
>1st claw
Emps Children
>THINGS WILL GET LOUD NOW!

I’ve seen better balance ideas on occasion from this miserable website than I have from GW.

>space wolf

>implying Arthas isn't a Black Templar that fell to Nurgle after realizing that no matter how many crusades he fights, no matter how many heretics he kills, the Space Marines will never so much as make a dent in the horrors that threaten mankind

Try wording it in a way that they might read it.

I'd try

"I'd like to provide feedback based on the current smite beta rules - after playing I feel like it hurts units that cast reduced power smites disproportionately. I believe that not having reduced power smite be affected by the smite changes would be better for the game'

>Ultramarines
Space Romans are cool as fuck when they're not dick-slobbering the Codex.
>Imperial Fists
They build walls and they kick ass. They also have some fucking amazing successor chapters.
>Dark Angels
The subtle as a sledgehammer references to Christianity are cool, plus they have a sick robe and wing aesthetic and a love for plasma guns.

>World Eaters
Khorne is best god, and chainaxes are cool as fuck.
>Thousand Sons
Good backstory, good rivalry with Yiffs, and the Egyptian sorcerer theme is cool.
>Iron Warriors
Honsou being the sickest fuck in the galaxy helps elevate their stature by a lot.

>WE CARE ABOUT THE LORE!
>i mean the lore of imperium, and by imperium i mean space marines, custodes and primarchs
>fuck off xenos, sisters, traitors

It's actually kind of scary how it works for armies too.

Like marine players are worried they're getting squatted by primarchs. Just like the lore.
Eldar players are a bunch of waacfags that have disdain for fun and enjoyment
Ork players are dumb as bricks and win by plowing shit in

There's probably more.

That's retarded. Nobody plays those missions.

I think the stratagem should just let you deep strike within 6 inches of any lictor, ignoring the typical 9 inch rules.

>fucking birb nerds
What did we tell you about harassing your brother Corvus Corax Leman?

Why don't they include the stipulation that if your factions has a smite of a different name (destructor) that it doesn't suffer the smite penalty. If grey knights and 1k sons don't have a renamed smite they FAQ it and be done with it. Still nerfing full power smite but allowing psychic armies to still use their own weaker smite.

The official GW dice.

I dont know how old it is but the past few years Tau lore says they bought most of their weapons tech from the Demiurge

Loyalists
Blood Angels
Crimson Fists
Salamanders

Traitors
Thousand Sons
Alpha Legion
Iron Warriors

Tyranid and IG soup

Custodes are a MASSIVE buff to imperial soup. Which will get nerfed knce everyone bought the minis.

I'll second this. Their faction dice are terrible.

I should have left the balance part out of the question. I like the game in its present state for the most part and if the game was ever truly balanced we would be playing with all the same minis and one faction so fuck that

>story about how they unbalanced gains traction
>suddenly gw start releasing new dice

>race was given its technology
>incredible technology they have found themselves with
>Is...is this pre-established lore?
That was my question too. I thought they made most of their tech.

>I think Tau reverse engineering Imperium Warp tech for FTL travel is still canon.

but user think about this. what if someone did play them?

>That's retarded. Nobody plays those missions
GW does, that's why they added a stratagem for it.

Tyranids I believe actually have the most stratagems of any book, so consider that one a bonus narrative one for flavor.

The real thing you should be complaining about is how Lictors themselves have poorly designed rules, stats and wargear. Pheromone trail is the least of their worries because nids have a thousand and one other ways to deep strike already.

So...is there any lore reason for the Toads to be fighting alongside the forces of the Admech?

Hard Mode: What about fighting alongside the literal Hereteks from Stygies VII, specifically?

Okay seriously does anyone have the link to that fucking test that shows they roll 1s 28% of the time.

Go away soup poster. Back under your bridge.

I really wish GW came up with more diversified missions, like ones with weird reserves or unusual scoring mechanics, and wrote into the rules that missions are randomly determined. If they're all going to be so close in terms of content, why even make different missions at all.

>s-stop saying my bullshit soup list is op

I cannot believe anyone defends this insane idea that they're essentially bringing back a new and improved moral negator for conscript blobs.

Did you pick up Chapter Approved? Do you try any of the narrative missions? Did you try the open war cards? Seriously, they have added more missions in 8th

>fighting alongside the forces of the Admech?
A great evil must be stopped. Xenos, Traitors, Chaos

>Hard Mode: What about fighting alongside the literal Hereteks from Stygies VII, specifically?
A GREATER evil must be stopped. They may be beepboi scum. But they're not Daemons / Tyranids / Adarki Aeldari

>Black Templars, Crusaders, IN SPACE!
>Howling Griffons, Arthurian Knights, IN SPACE!
>Iron Hands, IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

>Iron Warriors, Germans, IN SPACE! also, THE FLESH IS WEAK!
>World Eaters, really cool gladiators, had the most potential out of all the legions, TRAGIC!
>Red Corsairs, SPACE PIRATES...unfortunately led by the least pirate-y pirate captain in fiction, else they would be at the top of my list.

The fuck are you talking about

I don't play imperial at all. Or chaos. Xenos fag here. What do you play?

It's a special occasion

>Mixing up Iron Warriors and Iron Hands catch phrases...

I dunno
A group of Admech who really like the Omnisiah and believe it is the same as the Emperor, gladly choose to assist Cusstoads with something related to ancient tech and the Emperor's Throne or something

>>Iron Hands, IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!
>>Iron Warriors, Germans, IN SPACE! also, THE FLESH IS WEAK!

You got their catchphrases switched around, friend.

Custards negate moral checks near imperial guard units.
Eldar and dg

It's how I can catch other Ironfags, our autism unites us.

Hmmmm my Drukhari splinter weapons against Chadstodes

1. Ultramarines: I like they view being soldiers as only a fraction of what an Astartes should strive to be. Also Guilliman is easly the most relatible of all the primarchs (though i understand some people think primarchs shouldn't be relatible. Also love the Roman theme when writters remember to use it.

2. Blood Angles. I like the focus on spead and close combat. Also the irony of the most angelic legion being one of the closest to damnation.

3.Salamanders. They care. Also thunderhammer are the coolest powerweapon.

1.The black legion. They (usually) fuction as a unified force under a single commander, instead of a scattered warband. This alone makes them far more threatening than any of the other legion.

2. World Bearers. While Lorgar is by far the biggest fuck-up of all the primarchs for staring the heresy, I like the "we are evil for the sake of being evil" vibe the Worst Bearers give off.

3. Night lords. The shittiest legion of them all with the shittiest Primarch of them all. Glad they exist just because of how hiliariously incompetant they are to literally any other legion.

Do you think mixing daemons in with you DG is soup?

As an eldar player how do you feel about Ynnari?

Well I like to keep my armies at least halfway fluffy, really don't like playing Imperial soup when it's literally just "these guys are working together because theyre both humans"

That being said, on a scale of 1 to Horus, how heretical would it be to Kitbash my custodes with Kataphrons to make ServitorStodes

No, old lore says that T'au got the Ion tech from the Demiurge. Just that.

Nowadays the lore says that Ion weaponry is a T'au innovation.

Now get out.

Retconned, the wreckage on one of their moon stuff was retconned.

Most of their tech is self made or reverse engineered.

What's the rundown on Rotigus? Is he worth taking over the standard GUO?

>Did you pick up Chapter Approved?
I did, and it's great. I hope they do go even more outside the box with matched play missions. So much of how and why we think certain armies are good or bad depends upon the same basic mission structure that gets repeated ad nauseam. Randomizing mission types while including really unusual scoring mechanics/deployments could probably help tone down the relative differences in army strengths by encouraging players to construct more versatile armies.

> Loyalist
> Raven Guard.
Tactical, smart, 'kill one to save ten' and full-on liberator without being stupid.
> Marines Malevolent
Seemingly the only marines in the galaxy who understand that they are more valuable alive than dead. 'Ends justify the means' and look like bees.
> Blood Angels
Almost entirely because of the Sanguinary Guard

> Traitors
> World Eaters
They're just neat. Really relishing the whole Veeky Forums thing
> Word Bearers
Again I just love how dark they are while being totally inept
> Emperor's Children
Fashion, guns and best daemons

How about intelligence suggests that Heretek forces posses a vital component to the Throne?

And the Custards and Ad Mech roll out to get it.

Do succesor marine chapters get the same unique rules as their founders if it isn’t specified otherwise?

I don't think it's soup because they were in their codexes. And that's how it used to be and what was considered okay. If it's like eldar and DA? Sounds soupy. Same with deathguard and like some random tzeentech daemons.

I don't play ynari because it sounded like some bullshit waac faggotry. Also didn't like the models.

Oh and ig is fucking broken and this custard thing is broken. Even ignoring soup.

>Loyalists
-Blood Angels: I like the pretty vampires. Sanguinary models are great. The Lamenters are interesting too.
-Salamanders: Nice guys, Vulkan is a good primarch, flamers and dragon motifs are awesome.
-Ultramarines: I like the Roman Aesthetic. That's about it. I'd have chosen Space Wolves for viking aesthetic but the wolf wolf shit is more grating than the we're the best shit.

Traitor:
-Emperors Children: sonic weapons are why I play this game. Lavish excess is fun. Fulgrim getting away with almost everything while acting like a highschool girl is always amusing.
-World Eaters: I like Kharn and Angron's lore a lot. Pre-heresy scheme is also really nice looking.
-Thousand Sons: Great aesthetics. Wizards are cool.

>XENOS
ORKZ

What is this nonsense. The grammar and lore ignorance is staggering.

Are the T'au going get changed or do GW interns know a little more about 40K than Arch Warhammer?

damn that's a sexy sprue in focus, might want to get rid of that shit in the centre out of focus though when showing off the sprue