/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Moonman edition

Last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the best Jenetia Krole conversion you guys have seen?

>expecting people to give a shit about SoS

>Nocturne's Hammer, legendary Rhino that carried Vulcan
>Rhinos can't carry Bulky or Very Bulky models

Explain, FW?

R8 and H8:

White Scars
> Right of War: Chogorian Brotherhood.

HQ:
> Legion Praetor ‘Sukhbaatar Khan’: 210
Scimitar
Power Glaive
Iron Halo
Master crafted
Melta Bombs
Digital lasers

> Retinue:310
4 CHosen
1 SB
Scimitars
POwer weapons

Troops:
> Sky hunter squadron: 340
6 hunters
Plasma cannon
Volkite Culverin
Sergeant
Melta bombs

> Sky hunter squadron: 335
6 hunters
MM
Volkite Culverin
Sergeant
Melta bombs

6 hunters
MM
Volkite Culverin
Sergeant
Melta bombs

6 hunters
MM
Volkite Culverin
Sergeant
Melta bombs

Fast attack:
> 3 Javelins: 195
Lascannons

> 3 Javelins: 165

> 3 Javelins: 195
Lascannons

Sky slayers: 210

Heavy Support:

> Sicaran Omega: 295
Armoured ceramite
Lascannons

> Sicaran Venator: 210 points
Armoured Ceramite

That's why it's legendary.

Fulgrim book share someone?

7th for the 7th, best, most sensible and most loyal Primarch, true defenders of Terra, choppiest first captain, Emperor's favourite legion.

when you buy it

Maybe they could give Vulcan the option to take a Rhino as a dedicated transport, like how Dorn can have a thunderhawk.

Speaking of, wonder if the Emperor will bring a transport with him, or Custodes get access to a fancier station wagon to drive around in with their head of state.

>During the entire length of Praetor of Dorn I thought Rogal was a utter dipshit pushed to victory by author fiat.
>In Magisterium he has like five pages and his entire personality and outlook became instantly believeable and even relateable.
Curious, but I guess I kinda like Dorn now.

Well, I certainly can't see Emps chillin inside a rumbling, loud contraption, so it'll probably be a flyer of some sort. Maybe a unique heavy lander from the DAoT or something.

Maybe he surfs on top of it like Khan and his Razorback?

>most loyal
but thats not a picture of Russ

>most sensible
REEE I don't want to split my legion up, better let them all fucking die pointlessly instead of talking like grownups

>I certainly can't see Emps chillin inside a rumbling, loud contraption
>so it'll probably be a unique heavy lander from the DAoT or something

Come on, FW, you got the Repulsor kit, just cover it with your cancerous resin shit and give us some fucking grav-Rhinos, you fucks!

>a utter dipshit pushed to victory by author fiat
I thought the whole point was he'd seen through Alpharius's plan from the start, (or at least knew there was much more to it than he let on,) sent Archamus to jump through hoops so Alpharius thinks the plan's working, then pulled the ol' Surprise Phalanx manoeuvre that all the ladies love so much. That's why he tells the dying Archamus "you have never failed me": Archamus did his job perfectly in getting led along by the nose by the Alpha Legion and falling for all their tricks.

Also, it's not a surprise he's capable of this sort of thing when it happens at the end of the book - the whole point of the flashback on the ork planet was to show Dorn's a bit more of a thinker than he's often given credit for, and that he's willing to set his sons up for failure (the fortification getting overrun, the AL's early successes in the battle of pluto) in order to achieve a greater goal (drawing the orks into a killing zone, drawing the Alpha Legion into a killing zone (in space)).

>'We, though. We. We’re family.’ Russ gave out a great belly-laugh then, amused by the idea. ‘You’ll never understand that.’
>Valdor didn’t reply for an instant, seemingly genuinely nonplussed.
>‘There are so many errors there,’ he said eventually, ‘I do not even know where to start.'
Being too dumb to entertain the notion of being disloyal is not a point in his favor, user.

>I thought the whole point was that Dorn magically knew the plan
Yes, author fiat, as I was saying.

>implying he isn't playing dumb on purpose to wind Valdor up
you know he literally does shit like that in purpose right?

>why is this primarch, a genius-level intellect, displaying genius-level intellect
>that's total author fiat
Oh, leave off. It's not "author fiat" when something goes wrong for the Alpha Legion, nor is it "bad writing" (the other one that comes up a lot) when something goes wrong for the Alpha Legion. Stop buying into the memes so much, sometimes other primarchs or legions will actually outsmart the Alpha Legion. And it's not like Dorn knew the whole plan at the start, he just wasn't dumb enough to follow the trail of breadcrumbs, instead getting Archamus to do that while Dorn observed & planned.

Seriously, what did ALfags expect, a book in which everything goes perfectly for them and they never suffer any setbacks that weren't part of their masterplan? Because that's what Praetorian Of Dorn would be without the ending, literal 100% AL wankery.

>best,
First
>most sensible
Corax
>and most loyal Primarch,
Lion
>true defenders of Terra,
White Scars
>choppiest first captain,
Kharn
>Emperor's favourite legion.
Luna Wolves

And sometimes he just does it because he actually is a space viking who was raised by wolves.

I'm not sure I agree. When the guy who specializes in defense and sieges more or less instantly sees through a convoluted, (supposedly) difficult-to-anticipate plan made by a guy whose whole deal is convoluted, difficult-to-anticpate plans then I do think it's not entirely unfair to call that author-fiat.
Alpha Legion fucking up is totally fair, I completly agree on that, but blundering around like an idiot seems just as odd.

>I'm only pretending to be retarded

Fair enough, it's a legit way of reading the story. I don't agree, at all, but I can see where you're coming from.
That said, are you going to dispute that the entire novel was written to raise Dorn's reputation by getting a primarch kill under his belt without upsetting the status quo in the big picture? Because that's the main thing I got out of it.

>blocks your path

That's awful. Like, holy fuck, a telemon died for this garbage.

I refuse to believe that that's an actual conversion. I mean, it can't be, right?

>being in the last place people expect you is somehow not smart

sun tzu would like a word

I think I have a spare dreadknight body lying around here somewhere...

Yeah, I do agree the primarch kill was unnecessary. Like. if Dorn had pulled the Surprise Phalanx trick, and maybe then teleported in with his full bodyguard, he'd have been perfectly bigged-up as not the dullard everyone thinks without needing to actually kill Alpharius. Like you say, BL probably realised they had a "spare" primarch, and were fed up with complaints about primarchs duelling with no consequences, so went for it. (The silly thing is, now they've done that, we're back to a state where we know every primarch duel will have no consequences because there aren't any "spare" primarchs left.)

>Winding up your second in command who already thinks you're screwing up everything and would gladly bitchslap you if he could
>while possibly the most hazardous battle of your life is raging on and you can't do shit without the full cooperation of the Talons because Krole and her SoS will probably follow their golden husbando's orders rather than yours
>for the lulz
Leman "I only pretend to be retarded" Russ proving once again he is the most underrated military genius in the entire Imperium.

>sun tzu would like a word
He would also recognize that Valdor was the one trying to
a) Bring Magnus to Terra as ordered expressly by the Emperor
b) Avoid uncessary casualties
c) Respect authority and the chain of command even when dealing with a very questionable commander

*unnecessary

I really dislike this whole "no, it was just a police action to capture Magnus, everything that happened was just an accident" as they roll in with marines from two legions and the Emperor's personal elite guard.

Just fucking have the Emperor order Magnus' death. Magnus fucked up, he disobeyed, daemons/dark magic were involved, he and his legion were forfeit. Magnus can cry about his lot in life and we don't have to listen to this back and forth on what the orders were and who did what and "aw geez, I didn't mean to kill him, honest."

Makes you really wonder what happened to the 2 missing primarchs, if getting rid of Magnus was such a shit show.

Or just have Magnus ordered captured and his legion culled.

It actually makes much more sense to bring Magnus alive.

Magnus was initially designed to power the Golden Throne the same way the Emperor does. Even after he fucked up the Emps could still use him for that purpose. He also would have known Magnus wasn't a traitor and could have easily convinced Cyclop Guy to """redeem""" himself by helping him fix the whole shit on Terra.

The Forge World book on the subject handles things pretty well imo. And focuses on several points where the Space Wolves clearly did fuck up. Namely, attacking the Imperial Army regiments who were just stopping by the planet to re-supply, and had no idea what was going on and why Space Marines were suddenly attacking them, refusing to make radio contact with them.

Friendly reminder that no one needed to sit on the throne 24/7 until Magnus broke it.

>It actually makes much more sense to bring Magnus alive.

Only if you take in the whole "Lets create a super psyker vital to my plans, then let him go off and command an army and fight for centuries, putting his life on the line and risking fucking up my entire plan, risk him toying around with his powers and getting tainted by Chaos that has already been a massive problem, etc."

You can always make a new psyker primarch, if your whole machinery relies on it, for some reason. Why wasn't Magnus, when discovered, taken straight to Terra and put in stasis while the Emperor finalized his great webway plan, instead of allowed to fuck around on Prospero? What good did that do? If you need more space marines, divert the resources that would have gone to TS to other legions, I'm sure they can handle it. You're already 2 legions short, so a 3rd isn't going to torpedo your crusade.

What's the point of slaughtering his Legion then? Magnus would probably be more open to cooperation if he didn't have all his sons killed

where did the tribune touch you user?

>salt is already flowing

>Magnus would probably be more open to cooperation if he didn't have all his sons killed
Fuck Magnus. Your sons are deeeaaad!

Ahahaha, I agree fellow brother. These marines sure are getting uppity as o-

Wait, did you hear that? That laugh?

BY THE EMPERO-

>"Thanks, bros."

That's not true, only 99% are!

>Tfw your local store lets you preorder all the new Custode models at a 20% discount
>2 sets of Custode Dice, 2 squads of Allarus, 2 squads of Jetbikes, 2 squads of Hetaeron-looking-dudes, the datacards, and Trajann Valoris
>Somehow only $250
>Ask manager how

If you guys want preorders, GW Is apparently offering discounts for LGS at 10-20% for preorders this year. Bug your stores to see if they’ll do it for you.

Anyone know how they're gonna explain 10,000+ of them showing up at the Siege of Terra?

Warp shenanigans. Shit got weird as Prospero burned.

The real question is when will they retcon the Rubric's happening to this time.

Inferno sort of explains it. A lot of them were weird warp ghosts.

>Warp shenanigans. Shit got weird as Prospero burned.
For sure. Did we ever get another hard number on how many survived Prospero? Ahriman in A Thousand Sons says 1242 but I consider that hard retconned as he says that was a tenth of the legion, i.e. before the legions were up sized.

>Inferno sort of explains it. A lot of them were weird warp ghosts.
Do you mean on Terra? Where does it say that?

Resurrected by erection Magnus as 'Crimson King' novel explains.

Where is this from?

I feel that I'm lacking the context here to make sense of that? I've read Crimson King it wasnt very good so perhaps I didnt take it in, but when does Magnus resurrect anyone? He's basically dying for the entire book so yeah context?

Inferno.

>The real question is when will they retcon the Rubric's happening to this time.
The Rubric happens after the Siege of Terra? Always has done. Why are you expecting a retcon?

What would be better to run for most armies?

2 Fire Raptors with Hellstrikes and Autcocannons 460pts

Or

2 Land Raider Phobos’ with extra Extra Armor 460pts

I am highly torn.

Youre injecting logic into the Emperor's plans and that is a critical error

Do you need transport capacity or not?

Not entirely.

It's mentioned somewhere through the first part that quite all Sons that are present on the planet of sorcerers were resurrected by him.
It's actually deep novel if you read it carefully. As EC fan i've read it only because of Lucius and was surprisingly pleased.

>It's mentioned somewhere through the first part that quite all Sons that are present on the planet of sorcerers were resurrected by him.
Where? I tried looking but I dont know where it says this.

If A Thousand Sons is to be believed, Magnus wanted to witness the destruction of everything he loved as a self-imposed punishment for what he did.

What is the most useful sicaran variant ? I'm facing daemons regularly so i'd say punisher but in the case i fight a true hh player i'd like to have something useful

Vanilla or Arcus are the best versions to have in a general sense. They'll never not be useful.

Fulgrim looking THICC AF there.

What's deader

30k as a game or it's lead Dev?

Your sister surely.

Alan Bligh(rest his soul) is infinitely more dead. 30k is still going strong.

Using the Greyfax model seems to be the easiest way.

What a shitty way to travel Vulkan.

Perty had the right idea.

Forgot pic.

Where is this from?

So:
>russ: land raider (riding on back)
>khan: razorback (riding on top)
>vulkan: rhino
>pert: shadowsword
>dorn: SOLID GOLD THUNDERHAWK
>ferrus: land crawler
>angron: warhound titan (but due to nails-based confusion, he carries it rather than the other way round)
Any more?

Mortarion drives a garbage truck, with phosphex dischargers

>Fulgrim: golden stormbird

Why don't you buy it?

>phosphex truck with garbage dischargers

FTFY

It shoots Alpha Legionnaires?

Everyone is an Alpha Legionare, so they get shot by default.

Looking at a different route to take with my Night Lords, thinking about centring a list around a couple of 10 man terminator squads deep striking in backing them up with veterans, some dreads and javelins. Do termis work in larger squads? I was thinking tartaros armour as I like the look of it.

I used to play Sevatar and 30 cataphracti. Feels good desu.

Who's the strongest none-primarch marine?

Valdor, ok he's not really a marine.

Siggy.

Sigismund

Alexis Polux was pretty swole. That's what you meant by strongest, right?

Meduson is a pretty cool guy
eh kills triaturs and doesnt afraid of anythign

I dunno I mean lore wise and gameplay wise, Though I think gameplay wise that's Sigismund right?

Lore wise it's probably Sigismund with some serious competition.

Game wise Sigismund rapes all other Marines.

Lore wise probably probs Ahriman then cause of psyker hax.

>Corax: Darkwing

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/
New preview is up. Incidentally, this is how you do a charge-centric weapon.

bringing back melta missiles is great, but it's a shame only custards get it

Can we have the same thing on agamatus and guardians ?

Either missile type seems great fun.
That said, I'm also intrigued by the hurricane bolter, which is a very solid weapon in 8th. 12 shots is a lot of dakka.
I really hope these guys will get rules for HH, running them as Lastrum and Corus Aggamati seems almost like a waste.