/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

"Creativity takes courage."- Henri Matisse, Drawfag Appreciation Edition
Link to Twitter
>twitter.com/DrRainbowhat

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/arf93gyg
frontlinegaming.org/2017/09/23/overview-season-of-war-firestorm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shout out to Nurglite user from earlier, praise him fa/tg/uys.

talk about how aelves is the best some more

i find it entertaining

Reposting from the other thread because I want some inside info.

Any Chaos Dwarf players out there answer a few questions? This is my 1000pt starter list, and I want some critique before I order them. It seems pretty okay. Solid block of infantry, nice hero and wizard team, decent war machines with support fire.

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 77

How do Chaos Dwarfs play, generally? Iron Daemons and Magma Cannons have short range, 14-18" range. Place the Iron Daemon down first and then put the rest of your army around it, basically using it as the point-man for the rest of the army? I imagine Fireglaives just take potshots at whatever they can see, and prioritize big guys. Snipe stuff and scary things with the magma cannon. Does that sound about right? I'm not really a fan of proxying shit because I'd return play with painted models else it feels cheap.

STORMCAST ON SUICIDE WATCH

b-but i thought legacy shit was supposed to suck! i thought only battletomes made the top tables!

back2back champ baybee
Aelfs OP. nerf now

The only reason I find this acceptable is because I hate SCE and nu fag shit more than elves.

Somehow.

I hate AFUCKINGELF as well, but I have grown to appreciate anything from the old world as being OG. I think most people playing them just rebased their old stuff. I cant see people buying huge elf forces in the last 2 years other than island of blood

What is this from?

does anyone have that link to the top 4 lists?

What are you, some kind of comp fag

I'm going to whw open day. Want to be there when they announce the new grot tome.

So /aosg/, why do you bother posting in a general for a game that you not only don't play but vehemently hate?

Why can't you let go?

>asking the Dispossessed to give up on their bitter rage

You trying to get in their Grudge books, user?

In fairness, the aosg threads would die twice was quickly without them, so you probably shouldn't complain too much.

Why not just play whfb?

nobody here reads or discusses AoS fluff. Non-legacy armies are stigmatized, why waste hours of your time on a subject that only brings you pain?

Honestly I would rather /aosg/ be something like battlefleet gothic where we get a few good threads a month rather than this living death.

I sometimes feel like one of the only contributors to the threads a lot of the times, and I don't play the game, AND I'm that asshole indecisive dwarf guy everyone dislikes.

So nah, it's mostly the soycast anti-aos soup hating fucks that ruin the threads.

>I sometimes feel like one of the only contributors to the threads a lot of the times, and I don't play the game, AND I'm that asshole indecisive dwarf guy everyone dislikes.

Its cool, if it helps I've tried to give you legitimate non-meme feedback.

>it's mostly the soycast anti-aos soup hating fucks that ruin the threads.
I think its a symptom of a larger problem, /aosg/ used to have pretty decent discussions about book fluff or even just gameplay discussions.

now its just mentally ill dudes shitposting.

Fuck soycaste
Fuck soup
And fuck reddit steam punk top hat shit

'preciate it but I've basically settled on just not playing the game for now. Instead I'll just make lists, discuss the game, and help people out with their armies and junk since I've done way too much research on the game in my free time. Funnily enough, I've cut Fyreslayers out of my 'want to play' list entirely, solely based on 'all the models are fucking naked'.

This is what I'm working on now, which means I'm trying to balance general competitiveness, look of the models, and general army list composition. I may or may not start making a YouTube video whenever I compile all my research. It'd save a lot of people a lot for time imo.
strawpoll.com/arf93gyg

And yeah, we get some good threads now and then but they seem to always have a huge chunk of autism that just follows the game around like a squeaky wagon with one wheel. I'd like to think it's not all bad.

if it helps, despite all the dumb shit you hear in these threads you aren't exactly going to get rolled over as dispossessed, if that's who you go with.

Might be worth playing a game or two while collecting.

Kill yourself, Fantasycuck

From what I've gleaned they're basically an army of cool looking models with really boring abilities. They're largely point and click, and nothing in their repertoire is really amazingly good or amazingly bad. They're sub par on nearly all fronts. Which means they're good in casual games and probably will win every now and then because their stats aren't bad at all.

But they're nowhere on the board for comp play unless you go GA Order and eat a box of Stormcast or three and basically undermine the point of playing Dwarfs in the first place: they're largely fluff driven, and easy to make 'your dudes'.

So they're on the board for fun factor and cool model, basically. I also really enjoy the Gyrocopters and whatnot they're typically allied with.

but you are the Fantasycuck, you don't play AoS but hate everything that isn't straight out of whfb.

>From what I've gleaned they're basically an army of cool looking models with really boring abilities. They're largely point and click, and nothing in their repertoire is really amazingly good or amazingly bad. They're sub par on nearly all fronts.

If it helps that's what dwarves have always been.

Playing comp takes some weird as fuck army lists no matter who you play as, if you just dont want to get tabled on casual night with the guys then you'll be fine.

Oh yeah even back in WHFB they were 'wait for them to come to you' for the most part. That's kind of a Dwarf thing I suppose.

They're moderately high on the list, if nothing but for models alone. I've cherry picked myself to death, though.

I am not even the Duardincuck poster lmao

Fuck off

I wish you were, you would be contributing to the thread instead.

Okay

Let's talk about the upcoming soup book for Death

What's your favorite soup? Nagash-, Arkhan-, Neferata-, Mannfred- or Generic-flavored?

Let’s bring back some discussion and other fun stuff

Your army
>What Grand Alliance are they
>Who leads them
>In what realm do they live in?
>Notable victories/losses
>Common enemies/nemesis
>Have they partaken in any notable conflicts, e.g the realmgate Wars, Blightwars, etc

Technically we don't know anything about them really. I do hope they're something along the lines of
>shambling horde+necromancy
>heavily armored soulblight+ghouls
>spoopy ghosts+morghasts
>skeletmans 2: skeleTWO
>I don't even know what a fifth one would be, honestly

But grognards play KoW and 9th age/other fan creations, which strictly speaking aren't FaBa.

>Not posting the official /aosg/ soy meme.

>The Dispossessed of the Sister Peak Mountains.
>Order
>King Urist Oathkeeper
>Ghyran
>They lost the hold originally near the beginning of the War of Life.
>Nurgle, occasionally Sylvaneth (The trees get pissy when we take their wood.)
>My dorfs are too busy trying to retake their hold.

Did you ever fancy taking Living City rules and throwing around some elves/trees into your lists? Might be fun.

Well to get the ball rolling I will answer user, though I only just got into AoS

Death, with the Soulblight Alliance

>Who leads them

A vampire queen who I plan on making two versions of, one of her riding around on her coffin (done) and riding an abyssal terror/ nightmare steed doing a kitbash so it can be run as both Still butt mad over the vampire lord on abyssal terror not counting for the soulblight alliance anymore

Have not decided yet, beyond it not being Nagash's or Sigmars realm, likely one of the more 'normal' ones

Crushing defeat against the greenskins, more attributed to us both being new and not playing wrong, and utterly destroying a skaven and wood elf army.

>Common enemies/nemesis

So far Wood Elves, Skaven and Orcs, with the orcs being their current nemesis

>Have they partaken in any notable conflicts, e.g the realmgate Wars, Blightwars, etc

None so far, though they may be taking part in the Malgn Portis event, even though I do not fluff them as serving Nagash

glad they made SC for serious AoS players such as myself

Seriously supine.

I've thought about it.
My fluff has Wanderer scouts helping them trace the location of their lost hold.

>The Moonclan tribe of the Bloody Snare
>Destruction
>Great Boss Nazzgar 'Ungrysquig
>Ghur
>They'r cave got infested with chaos daemons and they had to "cleanse" it from the chaotic infestation (wathever the meaning of "clean" might be for a grot, of course)
>Chaos, all kinds of dorfs (they get offended so easily when we only attack theyr trading posts and caravans, jeez)
>Not really, they are not interested in those major conflicts since the tribe isn't that big at all. They might be ready for the Maling Portents though

>Urist Mcdwarf

>GA

Destruction, mixture of ironjawz and some ogors from time to time.

>Who leads them.

That would be most kunnin Warboss Killagore Faceslasha.

>V/L

The battle of Anvill fields was a great victory where a horde of warherds was viciously broken by the Ironfist of Killagore's WAAAGH! There Brute Nob Bullrippa killed two bullgors with a single punch, his klaw piercing through their chests and impaling their hearts.

Also the battle of Hal's Reach, where a forward force of the Hammers of Sigmar was soundly defeated by a lightning fast manneuver of the Ironfist.

On the defeat side the most ignominius defeats are the one suffered against the defenders of Belfarion's Commonwealth, a coalition of knifears (that's before GHB17) who, with the support of their massive ranks and magicians (and some damn good rolling and quite a bit of cheating.) have succesfully repelled the ironjawz.

>Nemesis,

The knifears of said Commonwealth, also, Killagore's been eyeing greedely at Kurgan Hexborn's domain.

>Notable campaigns.

They distingueshed themselves during the Season of War while laying waste to many of Greywater Fastness's outer settlements.

>>What Grand Alliance are they
Order, technically, but are mostly just self serving. Sylvaneth allegiance.

>>Who leads them
Lady Laurelia Hazelcrown, a treelord ancient

>>In what realm do they live in?
Ghur

>>Notable victories/losses
Successfully ran off a Skaven horde at the expense of their Seraphon allies
Failed to remove the skaven and their chaos allies from a walled fortress, despite the expense of their Seraphon allies
Successfully removed their former Seraphon allies from their groves.
Lost possession of a realmgate within their grove to a Nurgle worshiping cult

>>Common enemies/nemesis
Seraphon, Nurgle mortals, and a little bit of Stormcasts

>>Have they partaken in any notable conflicts, e.g the realmgate Wars, Blightwars, etc
Not yet, but Laurelia may send her body guard, Bruxis, a Son of Durthu, because I'm too embarassed by my shitty conversion for her to go to partake in the Malign Portents, but I'm not sure

sounds like fun user, I'll bite

>Your army and GA
Beastclaw Raiders
Destruction
>Who leads
Frostlord Jotunn Gullhyrndr
>What realm
Ulgu
>notable victories/losses
hired as mercenaries along with a company of fyreslayers to purge the Lost Realmroad of skaven. they immediately turned on the 'slayers, killing and eating them. used the ur-gold to gold-plate their teeth (and their mounts). this proved premature, as they were swiftly outnumbered by the skaven and had to flee.
>common enemies
fyreslayers have sworn revenge
>any notable official conflicts
not besides the above

Forgot to mention, from the notable battles, my warlord solod a Bloodthirster when it charged her and then failed all its attacks, then rolled almost max damage, killing it.

>GH
Chaos; Nurgle to be exact

>Who leads them
A Lord of Plagues by the name of Risgat the Rotlord.

>Realm
They hail from the realm of Beasts, Ghur. To get more exact they live inside a swamp called the Rotbark Wetlands

>victory/losses
They have triumphed many times against a Blades of Khorne warband, but a roaming Beastclaw warband has sent them packing multiple times.

>Common enemies/nemesis
They don’t have a real nemesis, but the Khornates are considered a common foe

>Partaken in any notable conflicts
None as of yet as they have mostly been minding their own business

nice and rusty, user

>Mixed Grots
Destruction
>Who leads them
Scuttlebutt, an expert in scuttling and eavesdropping, enabling intelligence gathering and ambushing
Undecided, so roaming for now
Famous for never losing to Stormcast, but always losing to Death...
>Common enemies/nemesis
Death, anything scary basically (bravery 4...)
No, they avoid fighting unless they are sure to overwhelm the enemy, so this very rarely occurs... Scuttlebutt senses that the WAAAAGHH! into the Realm of Death could be a good opportunity though...

Thank you user

what do you suggest for a replacement seraphon salamanders? Pictures welcome

This should be inverted, anyone who thinks SCE are played by nu males and neckbeards is delusional.

Can anyone do a quick numbers crunch comparing 30 quarrellers vs 10 irondrakes vs 30 thunderers?

>always losing to Death
>WAAAAGHH! into the Realm of Death could be a good opportunity

Bravery 4, intelligence 0.

>Killagore.

Does he like the smell of napalm in the morning?

Can the city allegiances be used in matched play?

Yes.

Order

>Who leads them
Duke Richard Lionheart the 3rd, current ruler of the Bretonnian tribes,

Ghur, the realm of beasts. The constant ork raiders turned them from peaceful farmers to warriors

Their first incursion into the (also first game ever) Realm of Death was one of great success, leading a critical strike against a dangerous necromancer.
The same force, however, never returned home, as they were ambushed by a Flesh Eater court and completely annihilated.

>Common enemies/nemesis
As foretold by the Lady of the Lake, the Bretonnians must weather 3 great ages of darkness to prove their worthiness to the cause of Order.
The Age of Savagery, in which the noble Pegasus Knights were founded and turned the tide against the rampaging Ork hordes.
The Age of Chaos, in which the legendary hero known only as "the Green Knight" founded the Grail Knights in order to defeat the menace of the Keeper of Secrets called "Circe the Corrupter".
And now, finally, their greatest challenge awaits.
As the Malignant Portents begin to manifest, prophesizing of a great, looming catastrophe, it seems the final Age of Darkness awaits the Bretonni houses and tribes: The Age of Death.

No, they have been rather isolated in the Realm of Ghur. However, Duke Lionheart was banished by the Lady to travel the realms when he was but a young, hotheaded and arrogant Knight, in order to teach him about the nature of the Realms, humble his temper and prepare him for the great wars for when he would have to lead his people by becoming their King.

GW only? If not take a quick look at the malifaux range. They have some good generic monsters and they are plastic. Or look for lizards at reaper.
If yes, maybe cold ones from the DE range can be converted. Take a look at the river troll sprue, they have some kind of back fin thing you could use.

Got a link to the units allowed? are dispossessed in greywater fastness?

No, sorry.
frontlinegaming.org/2017/09/23/overview-season-of-war-firestorm/

That makes so little sense

Why?

Well yes, however, If enough of us invade then it'll be fine, because WAAAAAAGGHH!!

All these armies seem pretty awesome, good job ladds!

>dorf guns
>but no dorf soldiers

Can a sylvaneth from the city cast spells that generate wildwood?

Yeah, that's the point.
Only Duardin engineers. No soldiers.

No. You can combine only alliance allegiance with city allegiance.

Destruction (Ironjawz)
>Who leads them
Megaboss Zadak Squigeye
Realm of Death
Squigeye's waaagh! spent a while having many successes chopping up groups of shirtless dorfs and floaty dorfs, the boss suffered a major loss when an enemey deathrattle army managed to cut the chains to two of his three pet squigs, causing them to flee through a realmgate into shyish. Squigeye has been bashing his path through the realm of death in search of them ever since.
>Common enemies/nemesis
They fight a lot of skeletons and ghosts in the far edges of shyish - Squigeye blames them and Nagash for the loss of his pets, but the boys also rather dislike them for either being too easy or too hard to chop through.
The boys dont really pay any attention to that kind of thing, but maybe they have unintentionally.

Why do you fags shill for a game that was killed because you guys refused to buy stuff?

does that orruk have a sylvaneth trophy?

It just shows how fun the setting can be if you use it as a template and fill it with your own lore and descriptions

Bloodletter.

Do you mean the bloodletter skull?

I bought myself a stormcast eternal start collecting
set and a box of easy to build retributors and liberators.

What should be the next stuff I should buy to make my army better. From what I have been told most games at my store are played in the 1000-2000pts range, with most games being closer to the 2000pts range. I don't know how much the stuff I got costs, but from model count of other armies am assuming am around 500-600pts. What would be a good 400pts addon to my army. If possible cheaper, then the start collecting box.

that makes even less sense...

You've only bought one cheap box, so its not too late to ditch Stormcast and get an army that everybody doesn't hate. People won't like you if you play stormcast.

Battle wizards maybe? Devoted to Sigmar flaggelants to get some cheap objective holders?

You could try and split the blightwar set with someone, since nurgle is pretty popular right now.

If you think of starting Stormcast look also at the blightwar box and try to split the nurgle part with a friend and ebay it of.

the savings on that box is preaty neat.

I think It may have a lot to do with the fact that the source of not buying stuff was, lack of new models, very unbalanced rules and and a core system of rules, that made it impossible for a new player to start getting an army.

>If not take a quick look at the malifaux range.
Not if you want to glue the models. I love MFX, but the kits are made by a sadist that hates humanity. Yes, I do want to glue individual 1mm branches to the model, all 10 of them!

Unless you're a child you shouldn't be worried about the cost of this hobby.

No one in real world gives a shit, stop forcing your memes.

The easy to build kits are a trap- they get you way too many unit champions for your needs. I'd suggest looking on ebay for cheap as fuck starter-set Stormcast models- you can get 3 more retributors this way (You'll want to buy a box of them too, to get the starsoul maces) for a full 5man squad, and lord relictor. Other than that, I'd suggest something ranged- either Judicators (bows are more efficient option, but I like the look of their crossbows) or one of the vanguard units with longstrike or hurricane crossbows. They should be available cheap on ebay as well, since they're part of another starter kit.

there aren't that many chaos players around here, and, this probably is a local thing, people don't want to play with ugly models here. there is two chaos players here, one plays a dazzling tzeench army and the other has a huge collection of foot and mounted knights that look like the teutonic order.

What do people think about getting a second liberator box. this would give me 11 liberators 5 retributors and 3 prosecutors.

I also have one other question. What do are the chances that besides the liberators and retributors, there are going to be other stormcast units made in to easy assmbled ones. From what I have seen in other people lists, prosecutors are run in units of 5, but the starter box has only 3, and the expension box has 6, so the units don't add up until you buy like 30 of them.

Chances are nil. The easy to collect boxes are godawful. Prosecutors come in increments of 3, not 5. It's even in the SCE battletome.

I don't know an army seems to cost around 500$, the avarge salary in my country is 800$, but you have to eat, pay bus and tram tickets and rent etc. Sure for someone who works at a western firm or in a big concern the cost is inconsequential, but then again those people don't play table top games.

I havent downloaded any of the rules yet, and I don't play to buy them. But it is good to hear that they are in units of 3. On the other hand this makes me wander why people run 5 winged dudes in their armies around here. Again thanks for the tip. I think I will invest the money in to a box of judicators.They Costs a lot, but I like shoting a lot more then melee to be honest

The Doomslaya Tribe
>Destruction
>Thorok the Slayaboss
>Aqshy, though they travel
>They were a feral orc tribe that came across a dead slayer lodge, and the spirits of the dead became entrapped in their mystical fetishes and tattoos. Now they act as a strange hybrid, using slayer weapons as they hunt down beasts for glory and greatness.
>Haven’t finished them yet do no one yet.
>Not yet

Soooo Anny Pictures of not GW salamanders?

Be sure to buy the 10-model box, not the obsolete 5-man one which costs almost the same.

Damn, that is scam worthy. Thanks a lot for this tip.

>all this destruction with the sprinkling of order being dorfs and knights
>one chaos player and one death player the death player being me

Even as a death player I do like seeing so many orks and gobbos on the table, love the green retards in AoS and 40k

Dis is goin' in da book ur grudges.

Not a scam. Just all 5 man boxes may not have been recalled

If it's a standard GW store they should give you be a second set

I mean, GW did notice the 5man kits did not sell, so theypacked them 10-strong for minimum price rise. On the other hand, I was able to grab 5-man liberator box for 6$, making the 5 i had from SC! into 10 strong.

You know when you're in a public space and you can hear a really annoying sound like someone chewing with their mouth open, or an annoying sound on someone's phone?

That's how I feel about this stormcast discussion happening here.

Your army is a joke. It wears golden armour that obscures its own vision, it has archers in heavy armour, it has weird face masks that look neither scary nor interesting, and has jewish runes all over it.

Stormcast are an embarrassment to the brand of Warhammer and should be aborted.

Just purchased a billion SCE start collecting boxes

You are welcome

Do you need help in getting that stardrake they shoved up your anus out?

>Golden armor.

Anvils of the Heldenhammer laugh at you.

Virtually all the other hosts too, but they the loudest, specially for the "jewish runes" bullcrap.