>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

previously on Modern General
QOTT:
- Anything from RIX looking to make your Modern deck?
- Lets see those top 5 favorite Modern cards

>Modern
Kek

Shouldn't you be off getting FoW and Gushed?

I know this general doesn't give a flying fuck about non tier 1 decks, but could Green Stompy be interested in this? Gives the deck some of the card filtering that it lacks, and is a decent 4/3 for 3.

Annual Reminder Bolt will never be standard again

the card only becomes 4/3 if you're lucky

Does Stompy even care about 3 drops? I haven't looked at stomp lists in a while, but can't imagine this card being good for it. Why would you run this over Leatherback Baloth?

I have hope that one day, Bolt will be in Standard again.

How does this even work, if the first one is a land you put it into your hand and check the second one, but if the first is not a land do you put it back and then check it again getting automatically 2 +1+1 or do you wait to put it back and check the second card of your deck?
Because the quote ends with
>then put the card back... Then repeat this process

Does this mean you only need the first card to not be a land to get it to +2+2?

sorry Shock is legal right now otherwise they're busy printing 4 mana 3 damage spells

How do I wipe a bunch of faggot cats or any creature line in blue/green modern

What's your favorite sideboard card?

>blue green wipe
Sideboarding?

yeah dude what do I do

cryptic com can't hold them off forever

Aetherspouts is always fun

Consider bringing them in game 2, and then taking them out game 3 if you get aa blow out with them. You'll get the advantage of him slowing his clock to avoid it, while drawing other types of answers

If I only plan on using Tarkir Fetches how should I balance out the rest of my Mana base?

>57478454

thanks looks good

Yes.

Depends on your deck and the mana requirements. What's your list?

>- Anything from RIX looking to make your Modern deck?
Slaughter the Strong will get a sideboard slot until proven bad

>- Lets see those top 5 favorite Modern cards
Splinter Twin
Birthing Pod
Golgari Grave-Troll
Deathrite Shaman
Treasure Cruise

>How do I wipe a bunch of faggot cats or any creature line in blue/green modern
oblivion stone

Building a few decks all at once.

Grixis Delver/Death's Shadow
Mardu Pyromancer
Naya Burn
Jeskai Control

Are the main four with Jeskai Control probably at lowest priority. I want to build a Temur or Jund deck at some point but I lack Goyfs.

>slaughter the strong
This gives Doran tingly feelings

modern

The deck already plays Nissa and is trying to shit out Prime Time and Hornet Queens. No reason to to Birds into this.

Disregard that, I think this dude will actually be able to do something in a stompy list because of the high power usually found on every creature in the deck. Gives a nice "answer me or I win" card to the deck.

>answer me or i win
Nice 12/12 you have there, shame if somthing happens to it

Or would be a shame if it were to slip

or it would be a shame if they wernt able to cast it at all.

Deaths Shadow and Burn typically play around 12 fetches. Fetches are really important in both (Shadow for the life loss, Burn for the non-zero amount of deck thinning and Searing Blaze). At least in Burn you can get away with 4 bloodstained mire, 4 wooded foothills, 2-4 windswept heath, but the additional life loss from windswept heath being only able to get your shocklands will result in some awkward draws and game loss in about 1/50 games. Shadow is probably the least worried about running non-optimal fetches, mostly because you'll shock yourself more often than not anyway, so as long as you can fetch your watery grave, you're good.

Jeskai Control I'm a bit less familiar with, but it looks like 6-7 blue fetches should be alright, but not having Tarns will probably hurt you just like not having optimal fetches in Burn.

I'm least familiar with Mardu Pyromancer, so I can't really say too much about it. Probably typical "enough sources to Hit your colors on time" advice goes here.

Yes those are answers. Believe it or not sometimes the opponent might not have them in hand. I know what you're saying but it's still a big fat creature and that's what stompy is anyways

>Anything from RIX
No, not really excited for anything for modern, just the red elder dino for my grenzo, havoc raiser edh deck
>5 favorite modern cards
1. Wurmcoil Engine
2. Scrap Trawler
3. Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4. Thoughtseize
5. Ancient Stirrings
My favorite sideboard card is probably Collective Brutality. It gives so many options for only one slot in the board

Any chance of Lili getting cheaper without getting banned? Would she even get cheaper if she did get banned?

>top 5 modern cards
Leyline of the Void
Nahiri
Smallpox
Drogskol Captain
Swamp

Waste Not in 8 Rack Y/N?

I mean you're right but "dies to path" can be said about DS as well yet it's at the top of the format. Considering stompy is a casual timmy build reliably getting down a 12/12 for 2 is not bad, yes it will eat a removal but your other creatures won't. I still can't see it being played because while it can reliably cost 2 it's almost impossible to get it down on turn 2, and hard even on turn 3

No. It will rarely do what you want when you need it.

I'm only a playset of Goyfs away from an Abzan deck. Reid Dukes recent articles advocates for a low mana cost build with Confidants, but I really want to play some number of Rhino. Is Rhino just not good enough for Modern these days?

Also, Top 5 Modern cards:
5. Inquisition of Kozilek
4. Thought Scour
3. Abrupt Decay
2. Collected Company
1. Snapcaster Mage

Yeah, that makes sense. One more question, my sideboard has 4 copi of Leyline of the Void, and I was thinking of taking two out for Death Shadow, is it worth it? It seems like every list these days runs 2 in the side, what's so great about it?

DS is a one mana card. Ghalta costs a fuckload more. That's the difference. The cost reducing effect only works if you already have a bunch of power on board, ie if you're winning already.

Top 5 modern cards
Thoughtsieze
Lightning bolt
Primeval titan
Tasigur
Thought scour

DS?

>favorite card is Thoughtseize

point and laugh

>top 5 modern cards
>Krark-clan Ironworks
>Scrap Trawler
>Myr Retriever
>Blood Moon
>Ensnaring Bridge

Top 5 Modern Cards

Krark's Thumb
Goblin Grenade
Stonybrook Banneret
Ensoul Artifact
Soulfire Grandmaster

Rhino’s fine, but maybe not four of. A lot of abzan decks run two.

What's wrong with Thoughtseize? It's a good card

Do you think Hitler was a good guy too?

Casualfag who plays without sleeves here, i think a card or two got water on them, what do i do to make sure it doesnt ruin my entire deck?

Who doesnt love t1 thoughtsieze

Use some fucking sleeves. Dragon Shields are $10 for 100 sleeves, enough for a full deck plus extras if they break or whatever.

Okay, fair enough
But then the damage is done and i'm worried aboutloosing two to tencards.

Fucking buy sleeves holy shit

Show us on the doll where Thoughtseize touched you

There's nothing I know of to reverse the damage done to cards. You have to take it as a learning experience, buy your cards again, and move on. Or, you can just sleeve up the damaged cards and keep playing. And wear and tear is mitigated somewhat when the card is sleeved, but it's casual, so who really gives a crap?

Major concearn is stickyness. Thats whats cause most problems when i was just learning to take careof my cards.

It was just some mild moisture and the cards felt mostly dry when last i handled them, but im a paranoid kind of person.

>Play at my LGS's Modern Wednesday
>Take Knightfall
>Once again the deck reminds me that it's a flimsy pile of shit that doesn't actually combo off because your Knight eats a push every fucking time while you topdeck land and dorks to make sure your midrange game plan isn't going to work either
And back to Spirits. God I fucking love Geist of Saint Shaft.

Well yeah of course the combo is bad now you dumb nigger. Everyone is on spot removal and stuff. Knight is still a good card. Play bant company instead, I hated the retreats since I started playing the deck back in may. The deck is good, can tempo people out or grind people out. It’s fun and strong, I consistently do well at 1k tier events and if I stopped trying to play silly new cards I’d perform even better. The shit you’re doing is powerful and untapping with knight or quelling someone turn 2 on the play is fire as fuck.

>Knight is still a good card
Like, it's just, not, my dude. A 3 mana creature that amounts to little more than a beatstick? Tarmogoyf is better than Knight, and Goyf isn't great right now. And Goyf is just a worse Death's Shadow or Gurmag Angler right now. Maybe if there was a single land worth fetching up like Wasteland, but nope, you're just fetching up fetches to give your knight +2/+2. That's pathetic for a 3 mana creature these days.

I fetch horizon canopies and gavony township

Yeah same. Or at least the one time I got to untap with Knight anyway.

What kinda fag gonna hate on Knightfall

burn yourself

I've played the deck so much and never once felt like it was a good deck.

Sounds like you need to learn how to build a more midrange version of the deck for your local meta and not jam a combo.

Well about half of my wins were on the back of Geist of Saint Traft, so I'm switching to an aggressive yet disruptive deck that mainboards 4 of them. Easy.

>Anything from RIX looking to make your Modern deck?
Part of me wants to test Ghalta in Grishoalbrand. Higher CMC for Shoal, gnarly target for a Goryo's Vengeance if need be. Only problem is it doesn't shuffle back in like Worldspine

It also doesn't leave you with 3 5/5s

Yeah... I guess in a format with Path that's too much of a drawback.

Fuckoff huge Dino though

rhinos as your top end of a dark confidant deck isn't like, catastrophically bad as ~2. Most notably because if you flip it to bob, you gain back most of that life. The legacy deck deadguy ale runs fucking batterskull with it's dark confidants(admittedly hoping to never draw it and cheat it in with stoneforge mystic). A 4 drop that DIDN'T gain life would be more problematic.

>Geist of Saint Traft
you better be VERY disruptive, user. Geist as a win con is problematic to say the least, considering your plan gets disrupted by literally any 2 power creature.

What's the most meta and effective way to draw the game with no winner?

play lantern very slowly

sometimes you can even play lantern quickly

I think over this year I'll just have to bite the bullet and get some Zendikar fetches along with Liliana of the Veil and some Goyfs. I'm just short a few cards like them to have several builds available.

Oh so you’re just not good enough to get the game into a position where you can untap with knight

Knightfall sucks, knight is good though

Yes.

Can we talk about the banned list. Like how WotC said they were planning on modern banned list updates after the pro tour. Or how comical the standard banned list has gotten.

My vote for modern unban is: SFM & Twin

Twin unban never ever is my vote

Twin unban is fine but I already deal with SFM enough in Legacy, keep it out of modern please.

SFM can't grab Jitte in Modern.

It usually grabs Batterskull, which is more than OP enough to stay banned.

What is it about people who play Turns decks?
Every computer comes with solitaire and it can be downloaded onto any phone for free.

Elemental Combo and Sultai Delirium become meta again when?

>Every computer comes with solitaire and it can be downloaded onto any phone for free.
Could say the same about most combo decks desu.

slaughter the strong seems worth trying out. desu i'm not positive it'll stay in my sb for long, b/c it only seems good against a DS deck that's popping off.

>being shit at magic

>enjoying a fun and interactive match vs a Turns deck
I'd rather play against Lantern desu.

>"to be honest" getting filtered to "desu"

fucking h a t e that common casual acronyms filter to "desu" these days. bullshit weeb site

maybe stop speaking like a nigger desu

i don't even like playing magic, that's why i love playing against lantern

It's extremely easily dealt with, it's also something that simply wasn't given a chance in modern. And we've already seen that the unbans they've done there (bitterblossom, nacatl) haven't broken anything.

If I bought a playset of twin or SFM right now, and they didn't end up getting unbanned, how much would I lose? How much would I gain if I sold them right after they were unbanned?

Hi,
Im building living end and im afraid of graveyard hate. Besides relic, leyline and rip, Is there anything else to fear?
I Mainboard 3 beast within and 1 kolaghans command

baka desu senpai

If you buy a cheap playset you won't lose much money because not being unbanned won't make people sell more sfm because that already happened for years in modern, while being unbanned would mean a good spike in price, still, if you buy them and sfm isn't unbanned it would be a hassle selling them if you decide to do so.

Imo, they won't unban twin so I wouldn't even try.

Control is a bit of a bitch, but dealable with if you play right. Ricochet Trap is a good counter counter.

There's other decks like Through the Breach based ones that as long as you have the instant cascader, you'll be fine.

Fairy macabre is looking pretty good. And I'd have a krosan grip or two in the side

>would the price of a card go down if the demand went down
Gee, I dunno Forest.
It's a really sweet card, but I find that 8rack depends on tempo and the tempo loss of playing a 2CMC spell that has 0 immediate impact just doesn't cut it.
>top five modern cards
Lightning Bolt
Path to Exile
Snapcaster Mage
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
and to nod to my favorite deck, pick related

My Amonkhet wizard brother of native descent, you have some classy taste in cards

>geist gets stopped by any 2 power creature
Hm.
What if

blue white boggles

has this been tested? Am I a madman?