Veeky Forums Racial Census

I thought something fun we could do is find out what race everyone likes the best or has the most fun playing. See the fantasy racial makeup of Veeky Forums‘s setting.
Pick ANY race you want, but I would prefer fetish or literal-who snowflake races not apply (like Driders and Cataurs), but post if you want and I’ll be sure to fit you in if there’s room.
Elffags, please specify your subrace, if any, and half-fags will be lumped in with their non-human parent’s race (unless that’s exceptionally unpopular).

I’ll tally up the results when the thread 404s and post it same time tomorrow (11am EST) and around the board.

Discuss your races, have (fantasy) race wars, and remember to not reply to /pol/ posts/“go back to /pol/“ posts

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/s/1552586478/1168981-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP for Orcs

I guess goblins? Picking a single favorite is hard. Trolls are good too.

It is, but I figure it’s best for the integrity of the poll. Or as good as it gets on an anonymous board

Human

Hobgoblins

Dragons

Humans

Humans

I like Elves. High Elves specifically, mostly because those are usually depicted as having no freaky traits appearance-wise.

Beautiful, graceful, elegant, cultured, civilized, having an affinity for magic and all those other cliches are what I consider attractive, so elves are the closest thing to perfection according to my personal preference.

Despite that, I mostly end up playing rugged grumpy skeezy human dudes somehow.

Can I downvote a most hated race instead of picking a favourite?

I'm gonna say Dragonborn.

I mean, voting for another race also dilutes the percentage of the race you hate

Humans

I prefer to play humans, you have the most variety of them all.
Goblins and Trolls are my preferd non playing race for what is worth.

Dorf

Do giants and undead count as a race? Or are they just modified versions of other races?

Undead.

If I have to pick a single one I pick humans.

I'd say giants are a separate race, at least in DnD they are, but undead are not.

Snake men if they're an option, humans if they're not

Dwarves.

Giants are a separate race.

Most undeads are just modified from another race.

There are a small number of undead races who are uniquely undead.

Kobold

>no special snowflakes
Fuck you Changelings best race

Goliath

Plaguebearers are best race

Tzeentch is a shitter

Nurgle is best chaos dad

Giants

honorable mention for lizardfolk (not dragonborn or kobold, they some gay shit), whale people, and trolls (the old kind that are big with tusks and not some mindless regenerating monster in the swamps)

ORKZ IZ DA BIGGEST AND DA BEST!!! WAAAAAGGH!

/dorf/ obviously, but always clean-shaven.

High Elves are the most powerful race on the planet (pic semi-related)

Undead.

Always been keen on small races, Dwarves, Halfling, Gnomes, Goblins. Hard to decide.

From a pure mechanical (5e) standpoint Lightfoot since you can hide behind your friends.

Orcs get a honorable mention when I feel like mixing it up.

My favorite race is the kind of OP that doesn't shit up other threads by linking to their shitty thread.

Fuck off.

So far we have:
Changelings: 1
Dragonborn: 1, Dragon: 1, Dwarves: 3
Giants: 1, Goblin: 1, Goliath: 1
Halflings: 1, High Elves: 2, Hobgoblin: 1, Humans: 6
Kobold: 1
Orc/ks: 2
Snakes men: 1
Undead: 2
and one : 1

I feel bad for trolls, they have gotten like three honorary mentions but no actual votes.

Fairies. Always fairies. Preferably the oldschool Fae who get burned by Iron, time travel and trick mortals into bargains. Cute pixies are fine too though.

"Human-with-ears-and-tail" beastfolk.
>but user, those are fetish snowflakes!
Then humans.

Stop posting links to other threads you retard.

Source for this.

Also, giants.

Don't forget little fangs, and optional cat eyes and stripes.

I usually shop for the best stats, and that generally puts me on human or elf.
Coincidentally, I do like playing those a lot more than kitsune drider magical girl kenku.

Warforged. Beep-boop, motherfucker.

OP here, I’ll allow Undead, but you’re getting lumped with every Undead variant
Satan is right in saying Giants are a race

I know what post you’re talking about. One polite post isn’t shitting up a thread.

Good point.

I like to differentiate them as much as possible without going into outright furry territory.

Goblins. Or Orcs. Make it Orcs if they need additional votes to win.

And just for the sake of discussion, the unfavourite are Dwarves. Also Kobolds, but they are mostly because of cringy Kobold fags. Yeah, and bullshit like Warforged or whatever other autistic snowflake crap there is in DnD.

UNDEAD

WHAT'S GOOD NIGGGGGGUUHHSS

I like Orcs and Goblins, but not Hobgoblins, or if there must be Hobgoblins then they're more Orc like and then there are no Orcs. I see this big red asshole in the Monster Manual listed as "Hobgoblin" and frankly I just don't see it.

Human

Ice/Snow Elves. Snow white eyes, hair and skin is aesthetic as fuck

With an honorable mention for Trolls seems to be the thread’s meme

Are skeletons Undead or are they their own thing?

I like jolly, carefree skeletons who trade corpses from other races to free their brothers trapped inside

Tieflings for me

>I’ll allow Undead, but you’re getting lumped with every Undead variant
What about undead giants?

>e-hentai.org/s/1552586478/1168981-1
It's not finished and it's not for the faint of heart (but I guess nothing that Uru makes really is)

Might get lumped with all Undead

Half Elves.

Goliaths and dwarves

Goblins 100% favorite.

Nah, I’ll mark you down for Beastfolk. You’re good, user

When they're made cool and interesting.
40k and Tolkein can get out of my face.

Humans

I meant to say Orcs at the beginning there, but ate my own sentence I guess.

Fuck yeah! Orcs get my vote

I'll vote Orcs as well.

But OP, how are you planning to deal with samefags?

Humans or any beastfolk.

Spiderfolk with Nerubian morphology.

thri-kreen
idk i just like being multi-armed and dangerous. nobody ever really considers just how useful an extra pair of arms would be in a society built for people with only two.

honorable mention to Warforged and Changelings though.

You can’t. Stawpolls people will just change their IP

Dorfses

Drow/dark elf

Hobgoblins, though Goblinoids in general are fine too, but they just don't reach the pinnacle that is Hobgoblin war autism.

Update:
Beastfolk: 1
Changelings: 1
Dark Elf: 1, Dragonborn: 1, Dragon: 1, Dwarves: 4
Fairies: 1
Giants: 2, Goblin: 2, Goliath: 1
Halflings: 1, Half Elves: 1, High Elves: 2, Hobgoblin: 2, Humans: 8
Kobold: 1
Orc/ks: 6
Snakes men: 1, Snow Elves: 1, Spiderfolk: 1
Thri-kreen: 1, Tieflings: 1, Trolls: Honorably mentioned
Undead: 4
Warforged: 1

Not the OP, but I'm doing census so others have the numbers. This does not include those of you who have listed two races side by side with no preference for one or the other.

Hey, I appreciate that man. Hopefully more will chime in as people get out of work and school

Gimme the dingy smallfolk any day. I love skulking Goblins, Skaven/Ratfolk, Kobolds, some disgusting and conniving little bastards. Ratfolk especially.
runner up skelebro

So jot you down for ratfolk?

Me neither. Hobgoblins look off in 5e. What are they supposed to be? Lion-people? I prefer pic related

Undead fo sho

Dwarves for life.

Tieflings, fuck you I like them

I'm currently playing a Dragonborn, and I think it would be fun to play a Thri-Kreen or a Centaur

They're supposed to be big goblins. The aim was to make them distinct from orcs, but it turns out everyone just wants militarized orcs.

I like uniform, turathian style tieflings. Fight me.

Dwarves. For I am mightily fond of drink and industry.

Also kobold.

Orcs are my favorite to play, but Goblins will always have a soft spot in my heart.

>be black
>watching bright
>relate to orc mc more than actual people
what's wrong with me

Nothing wrong with Tieflings. You do you

BlackAnon, you’re exactly the person I wanted to talk to. I have Panthers jerseys and I want to cosplay as a Bright Orc for Halloween. Is that racist?
t. A white

I like elves. The Tolkien-ish kind that lives in the forest but somehow has an advanced society anyway.

I'm fucking it up by not being honorable mention, but trollfolk best folk.

post empty pizza box so we can make a map you faget

>Implying living in total harmony with nature isn't the most advanced form society can take
Lesser races just don't understand

Had a blast playing a Kitsune once. Alas, the DM hated it.
Barring that, Catfolk.

nope. you're fine. nobody will be able to see your blackface under the orc paint

kobold

They don't actually align with black stereotypes all that closely. They're mostly just lower class tropes with vaguely orcish flare mixed in. They're only compared to blacks because black is synonymous with lower class in many people's minds, which is ironically even more racist.

Human master raaaaaace!

In America.
In Britain, you have chavs and hooligans.
In eastern Europe, gypsies.
Everyone has a group that is a byword for "poor, uncivilized folk", it's just that Americans think theirs matters most, and has the world thinking it too by exporting their pop culture.
It's why Japanese people unironically think every black dude is hung like a horse, because American pop culture told them that.

Dragonborn.