I really want to start playing DnD, but I don't have anyone to play with. How do I find people to play with me?

I really want to start playing DnD, but I don't have anyone to play with. How do I find people to play with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/w8wBeB
discord.gg/Z5taDZN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Local Game Store
roll20
game finder threads

1. Ask your friends if they want to play.
2. Find new friends and ask if they want to play.
3. Find strangers that you are willing to tolerate enough to play with.
4. Find strangers online that you are willing to tolerate enough to play with.

make friends

Ask your friends. No, seriously, this is thr best answer. 90% of the idiotic problems here come from playing with strangers.

Ask your friends, people you know well are often the best choice for playing this game with.

I don't have friends

Maybe a videogame or something is more your speed, then. You can't play D&D if you don't have friends.

The best you could do is strangers, but your games will be missing the most important part: playing with friends.

Then stop trying to get even more escapism going on and make some.
Get your 4chins autism fixed, get yourself in shape, then think about getting into RPGs. The least traditional games need is even more socially retarded wastes of space using games as a substitute for a social life.

But I hate videogames, and RPGs are pretty much the best way to play characters. I used to play a little bit with my sisters and my dad, but their schedules mean we'll never be able to finish our campaign.

Man, I'm working on a campaign that I intend to get started here in about 2 weeks on roll20. It'll be very new guy friendly if you want to get in on it.
discord is oboyanuhdduashoah#0715 if'n you want to get involved.

That tag doesn't seem to be working.

discord.gg/w8wBeB

join this

>live in a shithole country
>people don't know what dnd is

discord.gg/Z5taDZN

this one won't expire if the other one has

Hanging out on IRCs where people talk about and play games is one way. From there you can probably make connections to semi-private discord servers.

which edition?

hire a couple of hookers to play with you.

I been burned too many times with memers, jerks and vanishers to invite rando people offline

Honestly, I kinda wanna see how that would work. Would they take pity on you? Would they get into it? Would they bring snacks?

Playing with people online is such a mixed fucking bag.

I've been in 4 separate online games with complete unknowns and every single one of them had someone who had some kind of social problem.

The game I'm in at the moment has an autistic guy (I assume I'm not misusing that, he told us he was autistic at some stage, so I'm assuming he's been diagnosed and isn't just a bit of a nutjob), left after being really toxic for weeks.

He was playing a bard and decided to sing in a tavern, and not just "Hey, can I roll performance?" kind of thing, like he literally sang a whole 5 minute song that was just a crudely altered version of a song from Dragon Age Inquisition, and then demanded feedback.

I told him something like "I don't really know much about music, but it was cool that you roleplayed your character like that" to which he responded "So you didn't like it? Well.... Just goes to show what happens when you try, doesn't it. I guess I won't bother again!"

And then acting like a pain in the ass the rest of the session, and for about 3 weeks afterwards.

The point is the absolute worst thing to do would be to join a random group,get friends involved.

If you have no friends, like legitimately no one who enjoys your company at all, I guess play multiplayer video games on steam until you meet people that you don't hate and who don't hate you, send them an add and play video games until you're homies, then try to sort out a dnd game.

100% you will be dming though.

This, except avoid the third one. This board does not really have a community you want to engage with all that much.

Go to a store or club and make some. All the friends I have today I made by meeting strangers around a table at a local game club.

they would probably come with cosplay. and you can bang them halfway through. would be expensive thou, but if i was a millionair i would definately do this.