Hiveminds

Hiveminds.

Have any fa/tg/uys ever used the concept in a roleplaying session/campaign?

Has anyone actually played a character (or characters) that were part of a hivemind?- and if so how did it work out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=33v_D5MV3Gc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I once played a character that started out as an individual, had their mind duplicated into three separate bodies, then later merged back together but still carried the individual identities.

Also, ain't there supposed to be five of them girls?

Did you play as three physically separate characters then? How did that work mechanically?

>Also, ain't there supposed to be five of them girls

I'm guessing three already costs their special effects department a pretty decent amount.

>Did you play as three physically separate characters then? How did that work mechanically?
No, the game started after they had been merged back into a single body, so it was mostly just referring to my PC as "we".

So what's this new X-Men show like

An eclipse phase character of mine had the gimmick of being able to fork and merge his consciousness effortlessly.
Only that it wasn't a gimmick, it was a gamebreaking omnipotent superpower. So stopped using it for fun reasons.

Running multiple characters at once as part of a hivemind is kind of a frowned-upon thing; from what i've heard, they coordinate far too well and make the game unfun for everyone else.

I've used a pair of creepy hivemind twins as one-off characters once and they basically just finished each other's sentences all the time or spoke in creepy unison, also the whole "we" thing.

>So what's this new X-Men show like

I really like it. I found the writing and characterizations to be surprisingly good for a capeshow.

Also, waifus.

I assume being able to act multiple times in the same turn would fuck up combat pretty quick.

Pretend I made a joke about /a/ or /v/ and hiveminds here

I haven't yet, but I'm going to next time I run a cyberpunk campaign

My one of my deepest fears is humanity accidentally becoming a hivemind as technology and the internet become more and more integrated into our lives

Never played an actual hive mind but did play a changeling pretending to be a hive mind. I couldn't make every session so the DM and I worked out a drop in system.

>Also, ain't there supposed to be five of them girls
Two of them are dead now in the comics. Not sure if the show addressed that or only adapted the important three.

No way I'm becoming a hivemind with you faggots.

I want to borrow an alien race I read in a scifi book that uses hive minds and have it appear in my campaign.

They're dog-like aliens (actual quadrupeds, not humanoids) who are individually not that bright, but travel, live, and exist entirely in packs, where each member of the pack makes up part of the whole mind. When no more or less than 3-8 dogs are in a pack they form a fully sentient mind. They must stick close together to stay in range and keep a proper distance from other packs so that their minds don't interfere. They are able to become different by swapping out or introducing new members to their mind.

I wish I could find a way to make a playable character with one, but the idea would be for the party to encounter a pack who will help them on their quest. Something may happen to this character, killing off all but one member of the pack, and leaving just a somewhat smart dog capable of speaking telepathically and keeping a sliver of the original pack's personality.

Sort of. Had one guy running himself on multiple people who were renting out mind/processor space to him.

There's only ever been three since they've been inteoduced. Interestingly enough I looked at the Marvel wiki (not a comic reader) and only one of the three they have on the show shares a name with one of the three who are still alive in the comics.

Resistance is futile user.

I played a homunculus singularity in Pathfinder once. Refluffed a wyrwood, made it a promethean alchemist. Their creator, a man desperately searching for a way to resurrect his wife by his own hand, made them in an experiment that involved using giant haunt siphons to bind souls to constructs. They escaped and started making more homunculi in their own image.
DM let me use a feat to deepen the telepathic link between homunculi to count them as a single distributed entity, and reverse engineer a magic control device that their creator used to control a different construct. It let them extend the range like a radio tower.

They mostly ran logistics for the party, and got romantically involved with the alchemically inclined witch of the group. One of them replaced her familiar after her cat died saving the whole party like the goddamn hero that he was (RIP in peace, Peaches.) Started having to deal with her overbearing dad of a patron, who demanded that they run a spy network. Post campaign, they opened up a cheap messaging service that doubled as a potion shop chain. The patron totally doesn't read everyone's mail.

what happens if they are more than 8?

youtube.com/watch?v=33v_D5MV3Gc

Here's a question I've been mulling over for a while. Imagine a race (Insectoid or not) that evinces extreme eusociality. Basically, there's absolutely no true hive mind as people like to imagine it, but every individual is strongly biased towards obeying the group think and weights the benefit of the group way higher than the discomfort or death of any individual, even the self.
>How strongly would this resemble an actual hive mind in practice?
>How would it be notably different from an outside perspective?
>Would it be more interesting from a writing perspective?

are the Cuckoo triplets being used as a villian in a marvel tv show?

Would that sort be like how Mechanus works? Each individual capable of so much more, but only allowed to follow its chain of command/programming?

Their minds don't really work out, there's too much information for them. They just aren't capable of syncing up with too many, and larger packs just become dumber, too many voices together to keep up with. In the books there's an area where 'wild' dogs lived in a massive pack of hundreds, and it had something almost like a mind, and information would flow among them, but it wasn't capable of thinking like a sentient mind would think.

More like exteme ally. The mutant underground is about getting mutants out of the reach of 'Sentinal Services', basically an anti mutant taskforce that OFFICIALLY only goes after muties that break the law but has a habit of going beyond that.

The cuckoos are a liason to the underground from the Hellfire Club, which is more offense and less defense when it comes to dealing with bigoted humans.

Fucking weird, I've been throwing that exact idea around in my mind for a while now.

The way I see it they're individuals who think and can act independently of one another but they've also evolved along the lines of a sort of natural communism that causes individuals to gravitate towards what the group is doing.

My idea is that occasionally an anomalous individual arises with significantly different ideas and enough personal magnetism to cause a split in the group. Sort of what happens with competing ideologies in humans with the key differences being a) it's rare and b) the split is clear cut between two or at most a handful of competing ideas versus a whole spectrum that varies from individual to individual. At that point you basically have an insane civil war where everyone is fanatically, 100% loyal to either one side or the other.

I want them to mindrape me.

Honestly sounds like the modern internet. So many voices with often little to no way to verify what's being said- just turns into a clusterfuck of noise.