Tales from the Loop

How is this? There was a bit of hype surrounding it a while back but I never saw the follow up.

Anyone give it a shot?

I have a copy of the preliminary rules, but I'd like to see a copy of the final version.

>retarded trash based on a fucking terrible show
>custom dice
Wow looks really good, I'm sure it will do really well

You seem upset at a variety of topics beyond your control.

It's not even based on anything besides this one dude's art, and the dice in the picture are just thematic d6s, you can play with regular ones.

Great art for a mediocre game

Seriously tho, no hype whatsoever

>How is this?
>It sucks ass for the following reasons
>YOU MUST BE MAD!!!!
Kill yourself shill rat

>the following reasons:
1. it's retarded
2. I don't like it
3. kill yourself

You seem upset at a variety of topics beyond your control.

>shill rat
But user, I want a scan too.

I played a short campaign, we mostly focused on teens being teens rather then all the weird happening around them, desu. Probably not for the last part because session rewards are tied to PCs personal drama prompts, rather than advancing investigation. It's really rules light and high-success rate in my experience, though only 6s counting can fuck you even with a decent pool. bretty fun, but somewhat mechanically shallow, would play again.

>I roleplayed a child with some fellow pedophiles
Wow that's really great, thanks for sharing

Does Veeky Forums just hate narrative games or something?

Dedicated troll.

Oh lawdie, we got ousseves a latchin'-on!

He done gone latched onto dis tred and he ain't nevah gonna let go, no-sir!

>Any time I am criticized someone is just trying to bully me, therefore I can do no wrong
This pretty much sums up exactly what is wrong with you.

Yeah, from the poster count it's pretty clearly just one dude being a prick.
And hilariously self-incriminating himself by insisting that if it's about kids it has to be about fucking them. Really shows where his mind is at.

Lookit 'im go! He gonna hol' on 'til da sun come up!

kek thanks for proving my point friendly nigger

Yassa massa, you de BES' latchin'-on 'round heah.

Well, way to shit up a thread about something that we don't really get a chance to discuss that often.

I was just having fun with the troll but I'm done being silly now.

Anyone have a scan of the final version?

Request thread, they have that and the supplement.

Personally, I love it. It captures the feel of the art perfectly. I'm not a big fan of Mophidius, but they did well with this, its not 2d20, so that's good!

Alright thanks

You forgotten the "following reasons" part. Neither
>retarded trash based on a fucking terrible show
nor
>Kill yourself shill rat
count as "reasons" , my angry friend.

Any other thoughts? By people who have actually tried it?

>playing a game where you're a kid is being a pedophile

Bet you think people who direct children's shows are pedophiles too! Is Stand By Me secretly a movie for pedophiles?

I played it for a couple of sessions. It's good at representing kids investigating paranormal mysteries. I liked that instead of Hit POints you get conditions liked Panicked or Confused, so you can't really die.

It doesn't have much in the way of levelling so it won't scratch that itch and might not be good for long-term campaigns. Rules are simple and easily understood, without weird narrative meta-points or anything. Just straight-forward skills and some relationships with fellow kids and other adults.

Quite good for the genre it's aiming at. I'd play it again a couple of times but then I'd move on to meatier fantasy/scifi RPGs.

Based on Simon Stalenhag's digital art portraying an imagining of a retrofuture 1980s Sweden, I believe. But, really, what TV show did you think it was?

combines two of my least favorite things: story games and 80s nostalgia.
gave it a read through and it was okay though, would probably play it if someone asked me to but no interest in running a game of it.

it's a meme because the rpg came out around the same time as stranger things season 1, even though I think the kickstarter ended before the show even aired. so all its success is attributed to cashing in on normie nostalgia for the 80s and ripping off stranger things even though its not true and anyone who says it is is a faggot