Onna-Bugeisha

Thread for lady-samurai settings and discussion.

Yes fetish thread, yes /pol/-bait thread.

Amazons and Ladyknight fans welcome.

Setup-

>After Civil War, the newly crowned Empress performs a sword-hunt
>the wording allows loophole ‘no man shall wield a weapon’
>empress maintains honor guard of all female warriors
>due to invasion Empress raises an army of woman to defend nation (feels it’s too unstable to give rivals armies again)
>divine wind may or may not be involved in repelling invasion
>successive Empresses maintain system until it becomes tradition
>men maintain beuracratic positions, and can be ronin.
>since there were no firearms during initial decree, men may wield firearms, they are seen as unfeminine.

Good base for one. Would other weapons, such as spears and bows also be considered Feminine or not? Or just have that be a grab bag?

All medieval weapons are feminine, and thus outlawed for male use (male Ronin don’t count, as they are masterless samurai, and thus ‘off the books’).

However shields can be used, as well as tools that could kill, but isn’t their primary source, such as scythes.

And as said firearms aren’t considered to legally be weapons, so those are fair game.

Lets post pictures of lady samurai to get the discussion rolling.

Thank you kindly.

Weren't spears already considered feminine in Japan?
Or at least the idea if the home was attacked while the lord was away the lady should be able to grab one a skewer some fucks

The idea being that now all medieval weapons are within the purview of women, and forbidden by law from male use (outside of convenient exceptions).

IS there some reason this couldn't have been posted in the other fetish thread? I like female warriors and even I'm finding this shit absurd.

Other threads have reached close to post threshold, and the Amazon thread is in full pol-bait mode.

That's a shitty reason. Keep the fetishes to one thread. Especially when they're the exact same god damn fetish. At the rate you people are going you're going to get this vein of discussion banned from the board, again.

Nah, that’ll only happen if I post a sexy anime girl. Nothing works as good a trigger as weebshit, even if it’s actual nihon.

Woops

Has to be the OP picture. Anime is safe now.

Unified japan? Sengoku Jidai? or the invasion of Korea?

Not really.
All the samurai used to use Naginata.
Then somebody decided that Yari(Spears) were better.
So all the samurai upgraded and gave the old nagi to their wives for home defense.
Thus, naginata became "the woman's weapon".

All weapons are deadly, but the naginata does combine two very important aspects of weaponry together: length and versatility. Keeping the enemy at a distance is always a good thing in melee combat. The bladed head allowed for slashing attacks as well as deep thrusts. You could counter a mounted warrior well with it as well as you could a foot sword- or spearman.

And the spear became popular because it was a cost effective weapon to train your peasant soldiers - the ashigaru to use. If you were a strong spearman then your followers could learn a few deadly tricks before entering combat. Still, according to ledgers and records arrows were the deadliest thing on the battlefield. One record I saw of an engagement during the Sengoku Jidai reported 70% of all wounds - fatal and non-fatal - being from arrows

I’ll say the region is in splendid isolation (diplomatically, not really in other regards for adventuring potential).

There are still land owning samurai clans with Onna bugeisha armies, but they ain’t actively warring, and pledge allegiance to the Empress. Armies are for measuring metaphorical dicks, and renting out as mercenaries to various groups.
Spears are always popular- extremely simple plus range.

You all are still fags

And you are still taking the bait.

>can be ronin
>can be
You don't become a ronin because you respect the system, baka.

Well they legally can’t be samurai, so they can only use swords if they ain’t samurai.

A bunch of dipshits flocking in genuine interest, must be a bait thread.

Pretty cool setting for a gunslinger ronin.

>Still, according to ledgers and records arrows were the deadliest thing on the battlefield. One record I saw of an engagement during the Sengoku Jidai reported 70% of all wounds - fatal and non-fatal - being from arrows

That's simply because of how Japanese warfare was conducted.
Their doctrine simply centered around getting archers (and later arquebuisers) on both sides to exchange fire until there was no more ammo left and then disengage.

I shit you not, that is by far the most common way a battle during the Warring States period played out.

During the leadup to the Boshin war (1860s), many samurai voluntarily became ronin with the consent of their daimyo so that they could murder foreigners or supporters of rival factions without directly implicating their clan.

So ancient black ops then?

Which also super works for the setting too-

>EMPRESS: I’m sorry dear lord, but one of my men could not possibly have been responsible for that assassination- by law I am forbidden from *having* men. Armed men do not exist in my country.

Complete with a smug-ass smile. Loving Empress-chan right now.

>Working for the cunt who grants you less rights than women had in feudal Japan
I knew Japanese men had a lot of soy in their diets, but I didn't realize they were full on soyboys.
One thing I've noticed about these faggy femdom threads is the GRORIOUS READER responsible for the flipped gender roles is always a total Mary Sue.

Samurai often became ronin not out of choice, but because their master died and they didn't kill themselves, which was of course seen as the most noble thing to do but still nothing that happened all the time.
In fact, a lot of them chose being disgraced over stopping serving their lord's interests, hunting their enemies/killers or simply taking up a mercenary's life/shacking up under the table with another master.

>soyboys
lol

>One thing I've noticed about these faggy femdom threads
is that you can't stay away from them

Seriously, what is /pol/'s obsession with soy?

>hurr durr I'm no man
eowyn.jpg

Somehow it implies you are less masculine, and pol defines all worth by the size of your penis.

Soy contains estrogen and Low T manchildren love soy products.

>as they are masterless samurai, and thus ‘off the books’

In a somewhat taoist-influenced society the unemployed looser who lives "off the books" isn't someone you allow extra privileges. It's someone you may allow to live. In a society build around strict hierarchy there's no place for anyone short of the empress to stand without a master. Doesn't help that down on their luck soldiers pretty much everywhere and always have a tendency to become brigands. Violence is their trade after all, and if nothing else puts food on the table... And being the dregs of society, they often band together for mutual aid and protection. So now you have a small army of armed men outside of social order, the leader of which is setting himself up as a robber baron. Or they can be used by hostile daimyo to quickly and secretly reinforce their army to "renegotiate" the terms of their service to the empress.

The very point of the sword hunt is to gain control over the available military assets, preventing future uprisings. This means you don't want to leave a bunch of armed fighters littering about for whomever to gather up.

>In fact, a lot of them chose being disgraced over stopping serving their lord's interests, hunting their enemies/killers
A lot? 47 of them did, and it was such a unique event that it's become one of the most well known stories/events throughout Japanese history. For supposedly loyal samurai to willingly become ronin to mask their revenge plot was just such a huge fucking thing.

If the estrogen in soy actually mattered, which it doesn't, it would actually lower estrogen production in the body, replacing the naturally produced estrogens with less efficient ones.

you look like a fag and your shit's all retarded

The idea isn’t that a daimyo changed the names on the ledger and kept the army, it’s that of a handful of men get a hold of weapons, the empress isn’t going to go out of her way to hassle them if they don’t cause any trouble.

Basically the difference between a male ronin, and a male samurai, is how much the Empress cares about you using your sword.

On that note- perhaps becoming a Ronin becomes a roundabout honor for men? Like you may be forbidden from holding land, but you do get to keep a weapon and whatever that may entail. Would probably be more of an honor for peasants than nobles.

Not kept the army, recruiting a new one. Armed men are trouble just by existing, since it breaks the imperial command, but even if we ignore that there isn't really anything for the ronin to do with those swords other than cause trouble.

>and whatever that may entail.
Armed robbery becoming your main career opportunity for one thing.

>Would probably be more of an honor for peasants than nobles.
Well done, rice picker #23426. For your hard work we're rewarding you with loosing your place in society, preventing you from plying your trade, and driving you from home and family. Have fun and try not to starve to death where the stench of your rotting corpse will inconvenience anyone.

>Seriously, what is /pol/'s obsession with soy?
/pol/tards think that consuming soy increases the amount of estrogen your body uptakes (it's actually the opposite), and since strawman libtards are vegans who only get cuck tattoos with soy-based ink, /pol/tards just have to keep chanting "soyboy bugman soyboy bugman" until they win the thread.

You asked I answered faggot, if knowledge gets you that triggered then why even ask in the first place?

>the empress isn’t going to go out of her way to hassle them if they don’t cause any trouble.
Stealing weapons isn't causing issue?

No more than it normally does for an empress.

Sorry, misread that, thought you were critiquing the notion of a swordhunt.

Of a male ronin say steals a katana from someone, yes he’s breaking the law, and said weapon would be taken. But if he already has one, buys one from outside or the black market, and isn’t making a nuisance of himself he’s fine.

>But if he already has one
And where would a 1950s housewife get a artisan forged blade
>buys one from outside
How is foreigners upsetting the social order not an issue?
>the black market
How the fuck are black market not an issue?

Y'all faggots are dumb.

Thank you mr. Stawman, your comments are appreciated.

>And where would a 1950s housewife get a artisan forged blade
Her husband gave it to her as a gift after he got back from killing Japs.

>mr. Stawman
This nigga is too dumb to know what a strawman is. Strawman is where the namecalling IS your argument (i.e. what you just did in your post) whereas all I did was point out the flaws in your logic and THEN call you names.

You oversensitive soybaby

I feel like you’re the kind of faggot to talk about atheism at family reunions

Nigga you're getting mad at me for explaining the meme to you. I didn't make or perpetuate the meme and yet you're getting your underdeveloped testes all tied in a knot over it.

>57500789
You are right, the correct word for you is trash.
Moving on.

>57500889
I’m not the other guy, you just sound like an asshole so full of himself that it’s kind of obvious

>So salty he has to hand out green (you)s
Oh yeah, that's the primo shit

Strawmanning is where you make a fake position for your opponent to have that makes it easy for you to take down.

For instance- saying its impossible for 1950s housewives to have swords when that isn’t a thing being discussed.

Tard.

>saying its impossible for 1950s housewives to have swords when that isn’t a thing being discussed.
You're right, 1950s housewives had way more freedom than the males in this conceptual society.

That said, you're still wrong since that's an analogous statement, not a strawman one.

>when the trolling is boring and the only one who's into it is a pedofag

Lame. Get your act together, people.

How far is this shit going to go?

Please point out where I’ve said that Men are burqa wearing second class citizens.

Because all I’ve said is that they legally can’t be in the army or own weapons (and even then there is grey area people aren’t bothering to enforce).

Look if women treating you like trash is your fetish I won’t judge, just don’t force it onto my setting okay?

Is that chain armour? Did samurai actually wear that?

I’m not sure as to how far one could go.

I don’t think they did. They had barely any iron, and what they had was crap.

It's far from over I think. Soon we will see female colonial soldiers threads, female Napoleonic soldiers etc...everyone complains about pol but this is truly how tg dies

Nope they didn't... oh wait yes they did and finding it out was a simple as typing "Samurai Chain Armor"

>being this ass blasted over a couple fetish threads
Veeky Forumss been through worse, it’ll be fine

>the people keeping men from arming themselves are women
How to be overthrown in less than a decade

>muh men can’t be biased around meme

This. I hate to be all tumblr about this, but literally the only way these world building threads could be realistic is if they were inclusive of both genders

Yes, Low T manchildren love Soy. Just ask Alex Jones.

>ignores male ronin
>ignores use of unconventional weapons
>ignores use of firearms
>pretends not to be pol

Oh, and an addendum: Men wielding firearms seals you for a reverse Meiji Ishin where the Empress is the one getting btfo.

>Please point out where I’ve said that Men are burqa wearing second class citizens.
Please point out where I said they were. However, men being forced to be either househusbands, rural laborers, or at best secretaries that are there as much for show as for their abilities is pretty fucking comparative to 1950s Americana. Except even women had gun clubs in the 50s, so actually they were freer than men are in Femdom Nihon

>being this ass blasted over being a soyboy

Show me the post where that was put into the lore.

>men actively allowed to organize a resistance because empress doesn't care about some men arming themselves, or wielding firearms
The only shock is that this somehow lasted more than a generation.

You do realize what you are doing is the equivalent of going into a burger restaurant and yelling at the waiter about how they don’t serve pasta, right?

>everyone complains about pol but this is truly how tg dies

When a mod goes through a blatant /pol/bait thread and deletes individual posts calling out OP for being a shitposter, you know things are going great on the greatest board on Veeky Forums.

>ignores male ronin
Not real samurai, although they are kinda cool
>pretends not to be pol
Yeah, I guess it’s kinda pol too. It just irks me that the only way you guys can justify this is if it’s only the extreme “only these people can do this!” It would make much more sense is if they wanted more foot soldiers and stuff. Plus female samurai were already a thing in history so it’s kinda redundant

>male ronin
You mean vagrants, hobos, and thieves who are actively despised by society?
>unconventional weapons
You mean dishonoring themselves and/or fighting like a peasant?
>firearms
Even MORE dishonorabru.

Empress is fucked, especially now that men get to interact with foreigners with male armies that bring in guns. I bet the empress would try isolating the country, wonder how what would turn out?

>being this mentally retarded that your only response is to call me a soyboy
Keep eating that shit pol feeds you

Try the OP >‘no man shall wield a weapon’
>>men maintain beuracratic positions, and can be ronin.
>>since there were no firearms during initial decree, men may wield firearms, they are seen as unfeminine.

I would if I could, but the pol shitposting would be even more incessant. Better if I just go full magical realm with it.
Why don’t you just tell me what you want so that I can cater everything to what would make you less of a whiny pissbaby.

>missed splendid isolation post
If you want to troll, put effort into it.
The only thing I can equate to what you said is the secretary thing. In which case you don’t know what a beuracratic is.

So there's no trade with the outside world? Where'd they get guns in the first place?

>Where'd they get guns in the first place?
The same place Japan did.
From a set of islands that were colloquially under the dominion of the Shogunate, but actually just a "vassal" where the normal laws didn't entirely apply.

You really don't see any sort of imminent conflict here or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

Yes, it'd be called kusari-gusoku or essentially "chain armor".

Why is it in all these things the only way OP can think to make women look somewhat competent is to shit all over men?

>57501773
You mean like the many conflicts that did actually happen to the Shogunate by treacherous nobles and were routinely crushed?
No, user, you are making a lot of assumptions attempting to shit on an idea.
For example, what kind of firearms are actually available? Is black powder common, and inexpensive, enough to store it in large amounts? Historically, the Shogunate could produce powder and muskets, and HEAVILY monitored both. Your entire supposition falls apart with the presence of a half decent spy network and depends on the government being as conveniently braindead as you want it to be in order to fail.
You are not challenging the setting to make it stronger, you are bringing your bullshit to swat it down and get (you)s.
>57501866
For the same reason you keep shitposting.
And yes, you have done it before, the post count remained at 27 when your post popped up.

>splendid isolation post
But the OP says they're getting firearms from foreigners, and said the empress is totally fine with men buying guns AND swords off of illegal and foreign markets.

Basically, you're about to see a massive beta uprising from some kinda Oda REEEEbunga type who uses every dirty trick in the book to shit all over everyone.

>Why is it in all these things the only way OP can think to make women look somewhat competent is to shit all over men?
He probably realized last week that anytime he makes a ladyknight or amazon thread, a bunch of 2/10 ACKTCHUALLY neckbeards wade into the thread to start screeching about misandry, and since in this bleak post-OC Veeky Forums the only currency is replies, he's latched onto an effective and profitable technique.

tl;dr if you don't like the shitposting you're free to leave but we know you won't

You've said men are allowed to carry guns, is that not true anymore? Pic related is what happens 5 years into your setting. Not!Nobunaga will blast you so hard you won't know what happened.

>More salty green (you)s
Tell me how you really feel, soychild

>the post count remained at 27 when your post popped up.
Yep, because I'm actively posting in this thread. Seeing everyone hate on men so much drove me to ask the question. Or is that not allowed for a sensitive little pussy like yourself?

Didn't mention it when you first came up with the idea cause I couldn't quite remember the specifics but I vaguely remember a series of books set in (I think) an alt history of japan where a plague with absolutely abhorrent lethality rates for men tears though the islands and women have to take over most roles until immunity starts to develop a couple of generation later, by that time cultural inertia takes over and noble men are kept to mostly bureaucratic and domestic roles and away from dangerous/military roles simply cause that's how they've been doing things by necessity for 3-4 generations and it hasn't broken yet

>This. I hate to be all tumblr about this, but literally the only way these world building threads could be realistic is if they were inclusive of both genders
Then go for verisimilitude, not realism
Assume facts stated can be accepted as true, even if it would deviate from reality. With that in mind, what might have lead to them being true/what would have to be changed for them to be true and from there how could the world develop?
>In b4 "It couldn't work"
As I noted, it's assumed to be true regardless of how realistic it would be

>It would make much more sense is if they wanted more foot soldiers and stuff.
You mean like allowing women to join the army or what?

I would presume the same way japan did at times in it's history, limited trade with one nation or so and the black market

I figured cause the goto complaint was men will always do better than women so it's """"unrealistic"""" despite it being a fantasy setting, so by having the women flat out better or the men unable to do anything they just kneecap that response from the get go

Some minor nobles with male armies, with help from foreigners would easily overthrow the Empress. Don't know how you wouldn't be able to see this inevitability.

Not that guy.
>Seeing everyone hate on men so much drove me to ask the question.
No ones hating on men, you’re just blinded by your own opinion
>Or is that not allowed for a sensitive little pussy like yourself?
Says the guy that’s getting pissy about men not being allowed to “officially” brand weapons in a fantasy setting