ITT: fun race and culture combos

>Italian dwarves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DhfwfM16-LA
youtube.com/watch?v=DhOdn1X3Hqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Italian anything

Dammit OP, you said combos, not oxymorons.

>Hungarian Halflings

West Virginian coal miner Dwarves

>Jewish Elves

Halfling Giants

Mongolian Halflings.

Arabic Amazons.

Persian or Incan or Tibetan Dwarves.

Japanese Elves.

Perspective was still being worked on.

no joke mongolian halflings are the most practical.
Riding dogs are easier to train than horses
Breed quicker than horses.
And they are smaller and can fit into more places than horses.

Ottoman gnolls.

No, these are Halfling horse archers who are really into rape and pillage.

Create a simple script that pulls from a list of all real-world cultures, present and past, for the first word, and a list of all major fantasy races for the second word. Click until something fun happens.

Demon clerics.

Aztec Drow. They've already got the sacrifices, now you get to play them up like crazy.

I had mongolian halflings in the setting for the pathfinder games I ran in college, and we figured out this fun bullshit for them involving rope harnesses made out of magic semi-elastic plants. They had a whole mounted fighting style based on being able to leap off of horse or ponyback to cut at larger things, or latch tethers to other horses and do acrobatic jumps between them, or drop down off the side to dodge arrows and lances.

Mongolian halflings are rad as hell.

I remember doing a Sopranos-style dwarf clan that had taken up residence in a human city and was now operating like the Cosa Nostra.

I made my halflings Polish because they're constantly being invaded by other peoples.

Mesopotanian Dwarves
Maori Orcs
Chinese Goblins

Are mongol goblins a popular trope? I remember seeing it it in an old rpg and it fit them really well.
Also, Ancient Rome Warforged.

>Arabic Amazons
Gerudos?

Yeah, failed a spot-check.

But imagine the jimmies rustled by scantily clad warrior women doing jihads across the desert, and claiming multiple husbands for themselves.

Tiny tanks for the tiny men.

so ottomans?

Balkan dwarves, because they hate so much it gives them combat bonuses

>Japanese elves

Thats a dragonborn, my dude.

I think pathfinder had a supplement for that.

>implying I'm not okay being taken as a trophy husband.

I know how to cook, I'm valuable

Aboriginal Beholders. Especially the religion of the Aboriginals combined with the dream powers of the Beholders.

Hey, I’m cool if you are cool with it. More power to you.

It’s not your jimmies I’m trying to rustle.

>Arabic Amazon

Yeah but dogs can’t run that far for prolonged periods.

Spanish Gnomes

African Humans.

Germanic Orcs.

Philippine Elves.

Spanish Dwarves.

Chinese Dragonborn.

Aztec Tieflings.

I was thinking of this, but just for cultures, polynesian picts seems cool
Or maybe just polynesian elves

Ukrainian cossack orcs, and imperial Russian elven aristocrats

>Arabic Amazons.
Wash the spears? The aiel were more Bedouin than Arab, but it's close

They could be more like guerrilla stealth troopers/auxillary forces. Like, you're just marching towards a larger battle, then your entire unit is getting swarmed by a small army of halflings riding war mastiffs, filling you with arrows then getting mauled by the dogs when they get close, knowing the same thing is happening to the other units you were supposed to meet up with. That would be quite terrifying, I'd imagine.

Hell, maybe they could be straight up guerrilla troops like Vietnam or Ewoks, they could set up traps everywhere then they and their dogs travel and hide in tunnels too small for anyone bigger to go through. If the enemy sends in a massive force, the traps slow their advance and whittle through them while they get hit with arrows from between the trees, and if they split into smaller units, they do the ambush I described.

Isn't that a key plot point in the dragon age setting?

That is a nice hat. Not the nicest, but still, nice

>tfw to intelligent too rape and kill

Someone came up with the idea of Ottoman elves in a recent Pike and Shot thread and the Idea has stuck with me ever since.

also Prussian/Germanic Orcs sound hella cool.

I faintly remember Japanese orcs. Fast breeding, they were expansionistic to combat continuous overpopulation, and anyone who had a high ranking post was expected to be willing to die for their honor because if they weren't, there were plenty who would be willing lined up for their job.

jäger don't need too rape, because apparently they're super good with the ladies, and they don't need to go out of their way to kill things, because when you work for EVIL GENIUSES you get all the fights you'll ever need

Why is John snow so short?

Spanish Lizardmen

Celtic/Irish Dwarves

Mexican Orks,
Peruvan Elves,
Brazilian goblins
Turk mindflayers
Gypsy dwarves

Compiling the list of cultures would be a very tedious task.

Korean Halflings

Cagot halflings

German Dwarves

youtube.com/watch?v=DhfwfM16-LA

Russian Orcs

Are English Goblins the only really acceptable sort?

Russian elves
>Land with huge forests and empty spaces
>Own culture and take on religion, very traditional
>So out of touch with the rest of the world, in that painting of 1800 there is still soldiers with fucking medieval helmets.

Redneck elves
Swedish Chef Dwarves
Strayan halflings
French orcs

>fucking medieval helmets
Weird that you have issue with it, helmets of that kind were normal because of "muh bayonet charge".

Oh! I didn´t know that. I don´t have an issue with it, it seemed charming in a anachronic way, as the photographs of samurai in the beggining of the XXs century.
I like the idea of a huge elven land, far away and disconnected of the rest of the world. A new elven empire, ready to become a modern and potent nation, has the challenge of make people who has lived literally hundreds of years in unchanged ways accept the new order.

Gypsy Gnomes.
Jewish Halflings.
Aboriginal Elves.
Chinese Humans.
British Orcs.
French Dwarves.
Polynesian Goblins.

French Humans

That's incorrect though. Trained dogs can run for tens of kilometers without stopping if they need. Sled dog races have distances of up to hundreds of kilometers, which dogs cover in a few days. Distances of 50-100 km are usually single-day. Wolves travel 25 kilometers on average each day just as their daily routine, and they can chase their pray for 10-20 kilometers, although normally they only run a couple of kilometers. This is pretty comparable to horses. Thogh there are some problems with dog riding. Firstly, dogs are too small, even for halflings. Though maybe mongolian halflings crossed thier dogs with direwolves or something. Secondly, a dog's back moves much more at gallop than a horse's, so riding a dog would be pretty uncomfortable.

youtube.com/watch?v=DhOdn1X3Hqs

>British Orcs.
Warhammer did it. That said
>"I say, Grabthalk, old chap, this is quite the lively little hobbit you've caught today! I don't think I've seen one so fat in a dog's age!"
>"Well, I certainly wouldn't like to brag, my dear Thorag. It was your magnificence with the horn that allowed us to catch him, I merely located the little bastard!"
>"Fair enough, my old friend, fair enough! The wife will make quite a nice pie out of him!"
>"First wife, or second?"
>"Second. You can't hand meat to my first wife, she'll turn it into bleddy mince and poison you with it. Cannot cook to save her mother's life."
>"Ah, sorry to hear about your mother in law, my boy."

>So out of touch with the rest of the world, in that painting of 1800 there is still soldiers with fucking medieval helmets.
What painting? In 1800 Russian military was very standardised just like any other European military, everyone had standart uniforms, and Russian was definitely "in touch" with the rest of the world.

I did that once, turned out pretty ok, made them seem a little menacing even though they were harmless

>The Spanish
>Menacing
>Laughing Latin Americans.jpg
How could anyone take them seriously as they lisp and whistle through every word?

Steppe Elves. Scythian or Parthian rather than Mongolian.

Werewolf Californian. It would explain Burning man and shiet.

I made it like peak Spanish empire, they themselves were just as comical as the spaniards, but they amassed a wealthy and powerful empire through trade and slave labor

>tfw everything had been made already

Ask your great-great-great... grandmother.

>taking a creature from one culture and giving it a completely unconnected culture
>not finding a creature from the culture you want and putting it in place instead

I believe these are called Nockers

>oh no! A Beholder!
>passed out...
>in the middle of the road...
>from huffing gasoline

yeah, fucking terrifying

>coconuts
>cool
you don't have to live with them.

never got the logic of putting ridiculously tall, precariously balanced hats on your infantry.

Is the intimidation factor really worth having an army of half-blind fumbling assholes constantly fussing with their headpieces?

>Hot blood lizardmen
Wat

It protects well from sabre cuts from above.

Slavic Drow.

How can they be Japanese if they're fast breeding?

Thai wood elves

You didn’t need mobility much in Napoleonic warfare. You positioned troops, fired, and kept firing until you needed to reposition.

Spicy and passionate lizardmen

>proud merchant race
>highly traditionalistic and family-oriented
>known for holding grudges and pursuing vendettas
>excellent craftsmen
>their old empire built fuckloads of roads and left all these awesome feats of architecture and engineering lying around

These are kind of bad, except Chinese humnas, imagining something like that is fantastical. Such a subhuman culture and race becoming human. wow.

Easy way for commanders and soldiers to recognize their own men and units in the time before field telephones

Sudanese elves.
Long island NYC style Jewish efreeti

Flamboyant machismo dwarves would be a pretty neat concept, just make sure to give them all frivious mustaches

>Scmott guy!
Was Phil Foglio's work the inspiration for Bludflagg's hat obsession? Big green toothy common-tongue barbarians with a love of violence and HATS...

>slav elves

Yeah, the Carta. They weren't super mafioso like other user described though. More like just a regular criminal gang.

British orcs.

Kromlech do essentially German Orks as proxy models for 40k. Or possibly their own game that nobody ever plays but everyone who buys them uses them for 40k

Incan mountain elves

Danish Devils

Permanently squatting slavs?

Polish Halflings are Kender because they steal everything you don't nail down.

Hungarians are not actually slavs, they're siberian nomads who nomaded so hard they ended up in europe somehow.

So Oni

Huh, I learned something today. Thanks for that.