"Competent Threadmaking and Continuity of General Images" Edition

"Competent Threadmaking and Continuity of General Images" Edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Lewd painting tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=htEMxpdP6zU

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

my dudes > your dudes

>The Invasion of Black Reef: At an unknown date during this period, the aggressive, expansionist xenos race known as the Tau begin wide-scale colonisation and invasion operations in the Black Reef region of the Coreward portion of the Jericho Reach. Shielded from immediate detection by the warp storms and stellar phenomenon of the region, the Tau fl eets quickly gain an entrenched foothold on several worlds, and enslave many human populated worlds.
Eh, nothing personal humans. Now go to gulag.

Remove NPCs

>"competent threadmaking"
>no title

Looking for some advice on how to run a horde army faster. I am playing orks in an upcoming tournament, and will have 120+ models to manage and move. Aside from movement trays which have been disalowed, what tips might you offer to speed up my turn so I can go farther than turn 2 or 3 in 2 1/2 hours. I have heard having groups of 30 and 60 dice set aside for rolling is helpful. Any tips to speed up my game would be appreciated.

>competent threadmaking
>no fucking title
You don't deserve my memes.

>Wisdom of the Ancients strat
>Doesn't have the words Venerable or Contemptor in it while for example the Land Raider one has Venerable in it

We set up to be compatible with FW Dreads boys
Pic related, finalizing details? Hopefully means way before Cyraxus lel

I believe The words, PURGE THE ALIEN are in order

Halt! The Marshall demands you show him WIP shots of your dudes, or else face another 5-Terran years rotation to the frontlines.

MUHSOUP
U
H
S
O
U
P

not really wip, since i need to wait for stuff to arrive

xth for best psyker in the Imperium

still a valid pic of "your dudes", carry on soldier

I CAST MAGIC MISSILE.

dice buckets, dice throwing tray (for ease of collection), different color dice to allow for all weapons in a unit to shoot (1 color per weapon type), think about your next moves during your opponents turn (don't just afk and roll for saves)

>competent threadmaking
>no title

W E W
E
W

We need a new one of those with a Bananaman on it.

Not exactly WIP but here are some stinky bois about to mess up some bugs.

Gotta be careful. They are stronk enough to use Chaos weapons.

>using -bois as a suffix
>using bois at all

>>>/reddit/

Planning on building a Chaos Daemons Slaanesh army. What are my anti heavy armor options if I don't like the soul grinder model ? I was thinking about an allied CSM spearhead detachment with Oblits just because the CSM Slaanesh stratagem, but Oblits don't really counter really heavy stuff like LRs or Knights.

Thoughts ?

Predator.

That's a good edit. Actually looks cool. We need more daemons wearing clothes.

For 135 points you get 9 of this annoying fuckers.
2D3 attacks each 3D3 with the mandatory priest.
27D3 attack with BS3+ and Re-roll to hit. Also 5++ and 2 Wounds.

All nice and cool but Fucking hate rolling 27D3 just to determine how many dice I need to roll for even hitting.

This D3 and D6 mechanics are fucking cancer. They just slow down the game and add nothing

3 predators or 10 combi-plas terminators, take your pick.

Well yhea of course, cant go wrong with laspreds, but I wanted something more on theme with a mainly CC army.
Decimators maybe ?

>Defacing the mighty holy Human Genome with horrid Mutants, abominable intellegence hybrids and scientific monstrocities.

Hideous Soupfags. Play proper imperium! Be a man! Be a martyr! Stop cowering behind 3+ saves and take your wounds like a proper soldier!

>That venomthrope far in the back and out in the open
Why though? or is it a proxy.

yes sir, thank you sir

xenos and heretics can still be "your dudes"... carry on soldiers!

Fucking Weebs, I retract that sergeants statement.

But I need my power armour to help me carry this Heavy Bolters.
I also want to die for the Emperor!

and animal poster

Obliterators can work pretty well, but their random nature makes them unreliable.

Slaaneshi Lascannon Havocs, with VotLW and Endless Cacophony are amazing against heavy stuff.
Otherwise, you can use a Plasma Chosen Squad with the same stratagems.

Your Daemon solutions, other the SG, are mostly the Smites, but don't underestimate the simple Daemonettes. They wound anything heavy on 6+, but when they wound is -4AP.

Fiends can tarpit Land Raiders and alike forever.

What might I add to bulk up the numbers and additional weight of fire in a Custodes army?
A detachment of IG? of Scions? of Spesss Mereeen scouts? Assbacks?

>He doesn't roll 1 die for all D3 style attacks

Move along, nothing to see here...

Let's talk about tzaangors

are they going to get buffed?
are the exalted & shamans going to be any good?
Am I going to be forced to use them

>no nasty birb lewds

Early stages of my Genestealers, planning on fielding 16 of these buggers in a big mob.

But that's only allowed when specifically demanded in a unit's rules

Are kataphron worth picking up? they look really coo.

Yhea, I think I will do a combination of Havocs and Oblits.

Speaking of fiends, any good alternative to the current model ? I know they will be updated eventually but don't feel like waiting a year or more for it. Their mechanic is so good

>cheating
Each model has 2D3 or 3D3 attacks. Unless otherwise stated you need to roll for each model.

Poke 2 holes in each base tie together 5 boys at a time by running knotted string through the bases. Keep 4 boys in each squad untied so they can work as change. When the enemy kills, say, 17 boys, you remove 4 'strings' of troops and add 3 boys back in. To move, just pull the lead boy forward and he'll drag the other 4 behind him. You'll still have to grab them up if they perch on terrain, though.

Proxy for a Zoan if I recall.

So what will this guys do? My guess is poleaxe will spill damage like the DA/DG flails and some sort of aura, perhaps a bodyguard ability to soak damage for other units.

We don't know yet, obviously, but hopefully they'll at least be fun to use. Maybe they'll simply help out with hordes of Tzaangors?
>wanting bird lewds
OUT

he will most likely wreck my dudes

They'd be fantastic if they'd get the daemon keyword.

>But I need my power armour to help me carry this Heavy Bolters.

F U C K I N G P A T H E T I C!

Birbs aren't actually bad for their cost, they just suffer from a lack of support. They could be fine as-is if other stuff in the codex has synergies with them.

The axe so far seems to just trade some AP for extra strenght
I kinda expect the damage spilling to be a stratagem desu

Drukhari player here - I need tips for how to kill tactical marines in cover.

I have plenty of weaponry for fucking up vehicles but it's really hard to dig out tacticals with splinter weaponry.

Should I just send in the murder birbs?

They are women. Being weak is their thing.
Men do not need power armour. Women on the other hand, totally aceptable

>poleaxe
Isn’t that just a Guardian spear? Also, what are we thinking for axes? Plus 2-3 strength but only like AP-2?

But what about no other guardsman managing Harker's feat either

I wonder if the Custodes will be able to recycle CP.

Modesty

Left guy has an axe, you see them in other pictures as well. Used by both these guys and the Allarus guys. Its called something like a Castellan Axe or something

Alternative models?
Why would you renounce to these insanely expensive beauties?

did someone say "heresy"?

Do any of you Vanilla Marines players get tempted by the more elite armies? Your guys were supposed to be elite already.

Pretty much everyone has gotten the "on a 5+, get your CP back" warlord trait, so I'd say yes

So far they only have Valoris' relic but there might be a warlord trait or another relic that does it, maybe they wont have much trouble filling a batallion now that they can take single model units.

I'm a little disappointed they look like troops but the biggest change being the skirt
Otherwise they look mostly the same. Would've been nicer if they had different guns or something like Saggitarum or Aquilons

Axe is S+3 AP-2 Dd3
So basically a Spear but trade 1 AP for +2 Str, point difference I don't know

I would say that marines ARE elite and that other armies are more specialized, since most other armies have either similar or worse stats than basic marines

To be honest, Marines are fast approaching IG infantry status in my eyes

Actually only Ultras have one that good, most others are get 1 CP back when you use a stratagem, so if you use a 2 CP strat you'll only get 1 back.

Ultras get to roll a 5+ on every CP spent.

What the fuck do Orks (or any low BS army) do with the new rules for blast template weapons? SAGs, killkannons, supa kannons, lobbas, they all seem pretty shit now.

Compared to my Kabalite Tissue Armor, tacticals are elite.

We're really fucking hurting right now without stratagems and wargear.

What do you guys think of my alpha legion? Not shown are 30 renegade guard acting as cultists.

Hows this for a starting Harlequin list, facing mostly infantry.

hq - Troupe Master = 59
Fusion Pistol = 9
Embrace = 6
= 74

Shadowseer = 134
= 134

troop - 5 Players = 75
5 embraces = 30
1 Fusion Pistol = 9
= 114 * 3 = 342

Starweaver = 99 * 2 = 198

==748

Why wouldn't they just include all that shit and put it in the codex?

Do BA have much use for tacticals?

I really wanted to play mechanized infantry with flamers but all I see are msu scouts and elites.

Renegades and Heretics allies from Forge World gives you access to Hellhounds, Basilisks, and Leman Russes. Go nuts.

>748 points

Fucking disgusting.

shit, wrong one, one troupe is missing a transport

Soon, friend.

Ooooooh, I thought we were talking about center guy. My mistake. They mentioned it trades strength for AP, which means AP1/2 and Strenght 8 most likely. Which is nice, that combined with melta bikers and some dreadnoughts would be a pretty solid dedicated AT section. Bikers alone (provided they have 3A and not 4) do 10 wounds to a land raider and wipe anything cheaper, and on a W9/12 platform boasting T6 and 2+/4++, it’s a pretty sweet deal. Shame they’ll be like 300 points when a dev squad near bobbart does almost as much for half the cost

Bretty good! 5/5!

Can Horticulous Slimux create a Gnarlmaw the same turn he is summoned? I have been trying to figure this out all day. His rule only stipulates that it does not trigger if he summoned something that round, but other than that it goes off

Nope, not choppy enough. Bring more scouts.

Cause FW is never in the codices because reasons

Yes.

Well appart that they are in resin and expensive as fuck, I really hate the hairy scorpion tail.

I was thinking using the Kharibdyss heads but don't know on which body to mount them

What’s the Jericho Reach?

that is what I think too but I feel like I am forgetting something

NEEDS MOAR METAL BAWKSES

It's a Sector the Deathwatch is involved in. It's where the Deathwatch RPG takes place in too.

Take 4000000 boys and laugh at the new ate system. Orks are part of the problem.

That lore is old and not canon, despite being interesting. Deathwatch operates in multiple areas across the galaxy and all the FFG stuff is defunct anyways

Jericho Reach got mentioned in the newer lore.

round = turn so no

Doesn't matter. Anything from FFG isn't canon.

Which sucks because they wrote way better lore than the vast majority of BL

the rule says he cannot summon someone but says nothing about him being summoned, so you may need to walk me through why you say no

Are those 1k sons and fallen blackshields?