Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

PLASTIC SISTERS edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Lewd painting tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=htEMxpdP6zU

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ThLNiImWGK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks shopped.

Just kitbashed geminae superia.

YOU MOTHER FUCKER I GOT EXCITED.

totally gonna do those conversions tho.

10 Acolyte Hybrids with handflamers and four demolition charges on a Goliath truck.
Yay or nay?

How can I build my orks without just running
30boyz30boyz30boyz

Do trukk rushes work still?

I don't think so because you're limited to 10 orks and 10 orks isn't going to put a dent in anything. Maybe if you went with nobz and big choppas, I could see an argument being made, but not for boyz. If you don't want boyz, what about speed freaks with lots of warbikers?

Trukks hold 12 boyz, but the point you made remains the same. Nobz are really pricy and putting them in a trukk may make them rather fragile, and warbiker boyz are really expensive and fragile right now.

>sit down Abaddon. Leave the Imperium to me.

MANs are still decent in trukks. battlewagons IMOO are where it's at. 20 boyz, so you get the buff, armor to make it there easier, and deffrollers.

What are you planning on doing with them?

Cuss toads vs dusty bois

Who will win?

What about dread mob list? I'm not a big fan of it, but I could see it working.

This is for you

The Goliath truck will close the gap so I can launch the 6" D6 S8 demolition charges against high armor targets. It's a fun strategy I suddenly want to try.

This must be fake or a 3rd party... I refuse to believe GW could make a half way decent female mold

*cough*

They still look like lardasses.

Leman Russ Punisher still considered the big dick tank? Adding another LR to my army, don't know if I want to add another battle cannon or another punisher.

Trouble with MANZ in Trukks is that when the Trukk goes down, you lose 1/6 Manz, which really hurts given how pricey they are. Plus a Trukk is 82 points base, which is pretty prohibitive for such a flimsy vehicle.

As to Boyz in a BW, you're virtually never going to get the buff going since some will die in Overwatch/vehicle explosion, and isolated Boyz mobs without nearby buffing units are going to die very quickly.

I've heard some anons mention that their LGS's sell 40k models at slightly cheaper than the marked price.

Is it not common for a (non GW) store to sell 40k minatures at the exact price as listed on the website.

exterminator all the way
while not the best rulewise, its the original dakka tank

GW does not let you advertise more than 15% off MSRP. I go to two stores regularly, both do 20% off. One of them has everything listed at retail and then they take the 20% off at the register, the other has everything listed at 15% off and they take the other 5% off at the register.

Mine just sells at MSRP

>warhammer tv
whoevers screws up their list the least and actually knows what they are doing, or atleast somewhat knows what they are doing

its...complicated.
GW somewhat (depends a bit on country laws) dictates the official prices. Some shops circumvent this by offering reductions for clubmembers or something similar.

My LGS takes 10% off of GW products at the register.

>Cuss toads vs dusty boisWho will win?
this guy and his friends

What does /40kg/ think of my first chad-marine?

Are people still running assault cannons on stormravens after the point increase?

Wondering if plasma might be the way to go now.

lacks feather trinkets and tiny swords

>no checkerboard pattern

More like FAG marine. Pick a different chapter. One with less edge.

If you’re paying any more than 15% below MSRP you’re getting ripped off.

yeah my army isn't HH or nostalgia themed

Fuck Soup

Oh yeah, those are things.

>yeah my army isn't Dark Angels themed

huh? it's a raptors army.

Is it still soup if a Nid player uses two different hivefleets in his army?

>Raptors from Caliban

emperor's children BL novels when

please don't do that

S O U P

of course it fucking is, why would you use several hivefleets unless you're a WAAC piece of shit?

It's fine imperium, chaos, and knife ears do it all the time I don't see the problem

Disregard this user he appears to be a caacfag

>translation: I’m too much of a shitter to do checkers

That aint no raptor, nigga. You just painted a magnificient dark angels green WITH a dark angels banner. Don't try to be trollin and shit

We got half a dozen of them the past year.

Fabius doesn’t count.

>I don't see the problem
I’ll accept it if you can cite one (1) example from the fluff of multiple Hive Fleets battling side by side against a common enemy.

Not quite the same but it isn't fluffy as the synapse is incompatible.

Uuuuh, any lore moment where the tyranids win???

>just like irl, the only way to win is to play hivefleet soup

Valedor has Leviathan and Kraken teaming up, doesn’t it?

>have 11 guard neophytes
>10 cult neophytes
>16 purestrain genestealers
>2 goliath trucks
>magus
>and a primus to paint
>and have like 6 vidya games half-completed
>can't bring up the energy to paint or play any of them

the fuck do I do, anons?

Masturbate furiously, ofcourse.

>still
???

Try tankbustas and Manz in a wagon with a deffrolla

I just did that.

I still don't have the energy. I'm just rewatching old night mind videos for the fifth time instead and shitposting here.

Finish the gene cult in between shitposting you silly.

SIGISMUND DEMANDS GUARDFAGS POST THEIR SCIONS

I have a 1500 point fully painted harlequin army, so it's not like i can't do them

I just prefer to have my shit look like the models in the books instead of wasting a bunch of time putting a bunch of arbitrary crap on them that doesn't belong there

That's the problem! They're built, they're primed, and 3 of my cult neophytes have their mining suits based.

FUCK

I fall for it everytime...

SHUT UP SIGISMUND

that's not me that guy is a retard

>done jerkin it
>no energy
That means its time for sleepies, silly user. Do you need me to tuck you in?

The shop charges exactly the GW listed price, except on black friday

no, I need to buckle down and paint these fucking neophytes. I have to go to work in 3 hours. Plenty of time to base 10 guys, right?

One day friend...one day soon. I want that starter set rumor to be true so badly

Serious question. Admech players, what makes you like/love your army? I mean they're just a bunch of beep boops. They don't even gots faces or noting. asking out of general curiosity i wanna make some robots[/spoilers]

I'm gonna need sauce on that.

Which rumour?

the super, special, sexy sister starter set rumour.

supposedly Sisters will be in the next starter box which is suspected to come because Dark Imperium is no longer an item stores are required to have in stock. Just a rumor, but Celestine n frens and Cannoness Valyria should be a sign of things to come.

Who needs faces when your guns are sexy as fuck. Also their lore is cool. There's a part in the Damoclese campaign books where it describes the carnage left behind as Skitarii walk forward and there's just a bunch of augmentations dragging their dead hosts forward as they try and fulfill their current order of "move forward".

One can hope but I'll believe it when I see it.

How many starter sets haven't had loyal marines?

Any alterations you think I should make in this List? I could drop the termagaunts for a ripper swarm and 15 gargoyles for some more speed. I could also set up the 2 dakka carnifexes like the melee ones but I think I'll at least need some kind of ranged power.

Kraken - 1997pts

Battalion detachment

HQ

Swarmlord

Flying Hive Tyrant - Monstrous rending claws, heavy venom cannon, adrenal glands, toxin sacs
chameleonic mutation

Malanthrope

Troops

20 geanstealers

30 hormagaunts

30 termagaunts

Spearhead detachment

HQ

Old One Eye - Adaptive Biology

Heavy Support

2 Carnifexes - Monstrous crushing claws, monstrous scything talons, bone mace, spore cysts, tusks, adrenal glands

2 Carnifexes - 2x two devourers, bone mace, enhanced senses, sporecysts.

Trigon - adrenal glands, biostatic rattle.

>He actually believes it!
I mean, I hope meme magic makes it happen, but it won't.

t. The guy that's been shilling that rumor

Dread mob is decent
This guy played a bit of games with dread mob and seems to do alright
Not the most competitive list but a dread mob looks awesome on the table
youtu.be/ThLNiImWGK4

I also want to know

I got back into the hobby in 2016. I used to collect chaos and xenos so wanted to try imperium. To my surprise admech are now a thing on the tabletop. The dragoon sold them to me, the idea of gimp piloted cyber cavalry was just too good.

xth for the cutest psyker in the Imperium

>playing dark angels vs heretic
>buddy decides to screen Magnus a little over 18 inches from where I can deep strike after the previous game when my inceptors wiped him off the table in a single shooting phase
>”keeping him just out of your range lol good luck”
>I deep strike termies before I deep strike inceptors
>Shoot with them
>”b...but you aren’t in your shooting phase, you havnt even finished deep striking all your units!”
>Deathwing assault strategem technically says I can shoot Immediately
>I do
>wipe out his horror blob, split fire and wipe out some other stuff as well
>deep strike my Inceptors after, right in the hole I made and in range of Magnus
>b...but how can.. you just shot
>wipe Magnus off the table AGAIN in a single shooting age w/WoTDA

Skrrrt!

Allahu snackbar
This sounds like fun I have a GSC army I’ve been neglecting for a few months

Can embarked acolytes still throw the grenades/shoot if the Goliath advances?

>not taking magnus alive
think of the hunt brother!

Building a custodes list to see what they are shaping up to be, based off leaks and rumors

HQ ~120 pts
Shield Captain

troops ~300 pts
2x Custodes 3 man

elite ~240 pts
Alarus 3 man

fast attack ~300 pts
Vertus 3 bike

total
13 models
~960 pts

Oh wow, Custodes will be making 2k games look small

>tfw my store sold at 25% off but the owner retired last year

Yo niggas check out my fascist primaris dred

>not destroying that tight red ass
REPORT YOURSELF TO THE CHAPLAIN FOR YOUR 'BEATING' BROTHER user!

>1k points
>13 models

On the subject of the "20 Stygies Fulgurite blob" thing, I've tried it twice with a Prime Hermeticon Dominus along to provide buffs. Neither time I got first turn because Admech is heavy on the unit count, and once they got smashed off the board by the combined firepower of a Dreadnought, all the anti-infantry guns on a Shadowsword, a bunch of Marine Infantry and then the Ironclad and Shadowsword using Crush Them. Still, that's around 1500 points of firepower all told, they didn't die quite as easily as their saves suggest sometimes.

The other time they were excellent. Dropped in, lost around eight dudes to collective bombs, morale and dakka, wiped a Talos off the board easily and freaked out my opponent a bit because Admech isn't known for melee prowess. He charged three more Pain Engines and six Grotesques into them, and over the next three combat rounds slowly killed them off, but even after some really bad luck the remaining 6 priests killed 3 grotesques and critically damaged one of the Taloi. Didn't quite make their points back, but they'd tied up such a hueg chunk of his army in his deployment zone that I was able to shoot him to death piecemeal.

What's the odds of getting Turn 1 if you have the +1 to the roll-off? Because someday that won't happen and I'll enjoy my planned 12CP 1100 point Electropriest alpha strike that leaves 20 2++/5+++ and 20 3++/5+++ bodies behind.

>the amount of lascannons and cannon fodder i can fit in a 1000pnt game
not really even that worried.

user it looks great, nice work.

Looks like he’s wearing a shirt

thank you for not giving me snarky bullshit

>that leaves 20 2++/5+++ and 20 3++/5+++ bodies behind.

Not familiar with Admech. What units are these?

Insert AoS starter sets vs WHFB starter sets pic here

How tall are the Superia compared to metal Sisters anyway?