Did you see the first episode?

Did you see the first episode?
What are your thoughts about it?
Are the new characters any good, in your opinion?

I did.
I liked it. First sessions are always kinda weird and awkward, but I like the small snippets of what we've seen of the characters.
I like them. Jester is adorable, I'm glad that Travis is playing a character who can contribute in ways beyond ME HIT THING WITH AXE, Nott will probably be a constant source of humor. I'm only iffy on Beau and Yasha.

Critical role fans: whiny ass fucking elitists who demand other players entertain them and yell at them for not doing so.
Why don't you play a fucking game yourself instead of being a loser and insulting others for having fun?

Waiting for a few sessions in before I partake. Who's who by the way in the picture?

Did I insult you? Man, you've got to let go all of this rage, it does you no good

From left to right: Taliesin, Marisha, Travis, Liam, Sam, Laura and big-Pike

From left to right.
Mollymauk, played by Talisen Jaffe, a tiefling Blood Hunter (Mercer's homebrew class)
Beauregard, played by Marisha Ray, a human monk
Fjord, played by Travis Willingham, a half-orc hexblade
Caleb Widowghast, played by Liam O'Brien, a human wizard
Nott the Brave, played by Sam Riegel, a goblin rogue
Jester, played by Laura Bailey, a tiefling Cleric (trickery domain)
Yasha, played by Ashley Johnson, an aasimar barbarian

I did. It was a good starting session. It was enjoyable watching everyone get a feel for their new character and how the fit into the group. I like the characters though some more than others. Fjord>Jester>Nott>Mollymauk=Yasha>Caleb>Beau

>Fjord the Half-Orc Warlock (Travis)
Real potential. Travis in a position where he can be the party face and a caster is only going to benefit the show. Plus the potential of patron shenanigans.

>Jester the Tiefling Cleric (Laura)
Cute and memorable. Trickster deity could be cool and means she won't just healbot.

>Nott the Goblin Rogue (Sam)
Felt a bit flat in parts but will still maintain a hold of the comic relief position. Was very fleshed out with the list of huddles and obvious plays to his flaws.

>Mollymauk the Tiefling Blood Hunter (Tallesin)
A cool potential secondary face. Will be interesting to see how Matt's homebrew class works out but I like how he's really playing up his background.

>Yasha the Aasimar Barbarian (Ashley)
Low CHA and playing it up well as very abrasive and disinterested muscle alongside Molly. Ash playing her so deadpan is amusing after watching her play Pike. Reminds me of Lightning from FFXIII.

>Caleb the Human Wizard (Liam)
Getting Vax vibes so far but I like the idea that he's some down on his luck Hedge Mage who's trying to get back into magic after leaving it all behind at some point in his past.

>Beauregard the Human Monk (Marisha)
An improvement on Kiki. Obviously going for a drunken master archetype which might be interesting. The stoner schtick might get a bit wearing but does have a funny moment or two.

This post is some sort of meta-irony, right?

Jester is adorable and I really hate Travis for getting to pork Laura.

You would be mistaken.

Was anyone else getting Lupin vibes from Caleb? Quiet, messy looking Wizard that is really protective of his very small friend group?

Calling it now, Caleb is a werewolf.

That's been a pretty common speculation, yeah.

> Nott the Brave
That's a good old-school name, on the level of Zagyg or Melf.

That's a lot of horned, vibrant skinned PC races.

dice+2d6

I'm just glad we don't have any more fucking half elves.

There's only one horned vibrant skinned PC race.

>having like 5 female characters in your party

Fucking taco fest.

I tried listening to one of these, but the terrible posh Brittish accents some did in order to signify classiness just fucking ruins everything in media for me. Is this one better?

>laura’s entire introduction
Dick status: muh

I was disappointed by Liam and Marisha having what currently seem like the exact same fucking characters they used to. Was disappointed that Marisha is just as much of a shit player and RPer as she was last campaign. I now accept that her performance in one-offs was a complete fluke.

I hope the rest of the initial episodes aren't railroaded into inevitable fights like the first one was. But aside from all that, I'm happy with the rest of the characters and how they interact besides Ashley's, which was just bland and boring.

Also Liam's and Taliesin's claims that there accents were real world accents is absurd. At no point did I ever think they were particular accents, just their own. Irish and German? Yeah right.

It’s so hard to get low-int or low-cha characters to be funny. I felt like they should tune down the idiocity a bit.

I was shocked to hear that Taliesin was trying an Irish accent from talks, because I didn't hear it at all during the game.

These are “professional” voice actors.

Too many goddamn characters, like holy shit, and marisha should seriously fuck off, the other chick was obnoxious as fuck but I would've tolerated it if marisha wasn't shitting

Critical Role is plebbit tier and CR-shit should be an autoban.

Two tieflings might be a bit much, I don't know if the Beau character will be any good and I feel like Nott will hold few surprises, but I liked it overall. I think the second season will see some more "grimdark" material, which is fine as a contrast for the first campaign. And I actually like Caleb as a more down-to-earth character to balance the weird shit that we'll see from the others.
The biggest question for me right now is the Hexblade thing that Fjord has going on, Travis has a history with sentient weapons, maybe this time trying to give it a more positive spin with the falchion.

Yeah he also woke up from an extremely long sleep

Yoooooo

>I hate this thing, so no one should be allowed to discuss it! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>No, I don't give a fuck that it actually relates to the board's subject matter!

>I was disappointed by Liam and Marisha having what currently seem like the exact same fucking characters they used to

Right there with you, I really wished they'd done more to change season 2 up and make it it's own thing, either one or two new cast members replacing some of the old ones, a new system, a real new setting not just a different continent or a new DM with Matt as a player perhaps.

looks bland

There's no way they'd not use Matt as the DM.

long like ten years?
better late than never?
weak

>nott will hold few surprises
You mean like Scanlan did?

Not sure if this was meant to be sarcastic or not. Scanlan absolutely started out as a joke character, but he actually had some remarkable character growth, arguably the most of everyone in the group. Compare him to the OC so speshul druidic priincess on a journey to learn to lead her people, and he blows her out of the water.

How is Marisha's character the same? In the last campaign Keyleth was half neurotic wreck and half moral center (when pike wasn't there). This time she is laid-back stoned/drunk chick who is ambivalent with helping people without some kind of reward.

With Caleb, I'm hoping Liam's planning on playing him like a reverse Vax, starting out gloomy and edgy and eventually becoming more and more cheerful.

In terms of accents, Liam and Taliesin definitely had German and Irish, but they were VERY light, so I can see how someone could think they had none.

I love Beauregard because she's every bit as bad as Keyleth without being nearly as in your face about it.

So are we like, using this thread for the session tonight? Or another one.

Jester is adorable and anyone who tries to ruin her smile deserves to burn in multiple hellfires.

As someone who has never watched Critical Role I couldn't make it through the first 30 minutes (of the show, I skipped the announcement stuff). There's too much pointless babbling and misdirection, it feels like everyone is trying to get their bit in instead of just getting the show on the road.

Yes, sarcasm. Remember, both Scanlan and Nott have the same origin: “what’s the worst character I could play?” And then he ran with it

That's just how most groups are.

But I like plebbit.

>Jester with black sclera and a cute pink bow-tie

STOP
STOP

Posting anime outside of /a/ should be a lifetime ban

I am mad at them both for being able to pork each other!

They ditched the "English" accents. Now their Texan, German, Irish, Slavic, and two with no accent. Sams goblin is really screechy, so that might piss some off.

Haven't watched the first episode yet, but plan to because even with some issues I liked their first campaign.

However just looking at the characters and reading their synopsis on the wiki it seems they went from safe/standard, but mostly well executed and fleshed out standard fantasy tropes to super special snowflake stuff(with some exceptions; Caleb, Fjord and Nott don't seem too bad, but Travis and Sam always were the least cringeworthy of the bunch and Liam is usually solid apart from unnecessary romance).

Honest question, is everything which isn't a stereotype a 'snowflake'? How dull are your games?

I agree with this user. The party members are the stars of the show, they are supposed to be snowflakes.

>Felt a bit flat in parts but will still maintain a hold of the comic relief position. Was very fleshed out with the list of huddles and obvious plays to his flaws.
I actually think that Laura was doing much more deliberate comedy bits than Sam that episode.

Far left is a dude, the cat is male. It's actually a 50/50 party.
Don't get too attached though, some of them are likely to keel over pretty soon. Most likely Yasha.

I tried watching it but couldn't get into it. I have tried watching the first series a few times now, can't stick with it. I don't have any great hatred for it like a lot of people seem to on this board, but I do find pretty much all of the players on there to be annoying, and most of their characters to be sort of cringy. Mainly those two elf characters.

The big guy and the little dude who played the gnome seem cool, though. If it was just them and like the blonde woman, I'd probably watch. But I can't stand a lot of the others, and having new characters didn't really make them any more likable.

>elf characters
New campaign got no knife-ear shit

I meant in the old campaign. Although if the guy who played the elf in the last campaign was playing a different character this time, I couldn't tell.