/swg/ Static Defenses Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada full wave 7 unboxing/spoilers:
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267745-chimaera-unboxing/
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267760-profundity-unboxing/
Admiral Raddus guest article by a playtester:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/17/hes-going-to-fight/

Legion AT-ST preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/
Legion T-47 Airspeeder preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/15/scramble-airspeeders/

What's the comfiest planet for a fortified base, /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxLB6L90aCQ
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_Palpatine
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Torpedo_Sphere
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God I want to kill Leia.

Utapau I wager. Comfy slave workers, smart administrator. You only need some skimpy clothed alien lasses and let anyone than try to fuck with you having to deal with the Hyperwinds while being hammered with your defenses.

dude, chill

Crait. Despite lying unused for decades the place looks pristine.

What skills could a buzz droid provide for my crew? They're on a hunt for a runaway crime lord and are looking for him on a space station so they can't make too much of a racket.

The pink-highlighted red under the white is really comfy desu. I kinda want to make a Crait table for Legion (offset by my desire to not make a table)

>buzz droid
>space station
sounds like the perfect place for a buzz droid
they are designed to tear ships apart and disable them, so it should be trivial for a buzz droid to roam the maintenance shafts and wreak havoc

if you want to be subtle, it can be the gremlin version of R2-D2 instead, directly manipulating the wires to make doors and cameras misbehave or work on your command

Kattada for me, looks like a nice place. And it's a shadowport so there's a pool of smugglers to go get stuff.

>fortified base
How about a city instead?

Started watching The Clone Wars, I saw the viewing guide but I don’t care. I’m just along for the ride naturally.

God those early episodes can be rough, but I do like the WW2 newsreel dispatch nature of them, and that also helps with the anachronic nature of the series. For me at least, cause a viewing audience seeing semi-dramatized newsreels of the war may not actually get a good chronological look at the conflict. But that may be my headcanon as well.

Bomis Koori IV

bonus points if you can get your hands on schematics of the station, they can be uploaded into your buzz droid and it will locate the best points for sabotage by itself.

>What's the comfiest planet for a fortified base, /swg/?
Hoth. Imagine snuggling up next to one of those orange glowing heaters, looking out across the frozen landscape for imperial scouts.

Does anyone miss the Rakata

Nah. They were asshole fish. Revan should have wiped them out entirely.

Kashyyk, it's full of mostly friendly wookies and beautifle forests

I ment in terms of canon...

Since Malachor is still canon, I'm just going to keep considering KOTOR canon.

Uh, no.

Because it was incredibly dangerous and was picking up speed on more civilized planets, which was resulting in accidents, death, property damage, etc.

Make your own canon. Disney isn't your master.

But it's so cold. Nowhere that's so cold I lose fingers on patrol is comfy.

What do you think were Titus Mede's true motivations?

do I have some good news for you

>Make your own canon. Disney isn't your master.
I do, though.

Considering Phasma is now the Kenny of Star Wars we are now owed a slapstick series in which she dies in various hilarious ways

Watch the TLJ fancut

Damn right!

youtube.com/watch?v=mxLB6L90aCQ

I'm sorry, sir. It's time for you to leave.

>having a turret that can only fire in a small arc
>even the most basic fighter craft can easily handle inter-atmospheric travel
>this style of fixed defense is outdated even today when turbolasers cant destroy you from orbit

I didn't want to be so triggered

He was an old coward afraid of losing his throne again, justifying his inaction through the excuse of 'biding his time.'

Then why ask us.

What lightsaber form did Sheev use?

Force is a cunt!

The spinny screamy death dealy type.

Spin'towin

It's a good trick, of Darth Plaguies the Wise

Too soon, user. Too soon.

Since I am not a cunt I will try to properly answer your question. Honestly we don't know but it was said that he mastered all forms of lightsaber combat so he could probably use any. His preferred style was probably Juyo since it was considered the Sith style.

Jeesus christ how I hated the Light saber fights in AotC and RofS, especially Yoda going go all spinning ball of green light. I remember people in the theater bursting into laughter when that happened. And the overly long end fight(s) in Revenge, also Spinning Sith Lord Attack Palpatine used.

rate my ripoff deckplan, gonna focus on reading that link someone posted last thread and try to do something decent

probably just gonna fuck it up but I'll also probably lose interest before I get that far

woo

I really like the idea he was dual wielding. Explains why he had two lightsabers in ROTS very well imo.

Liking it, remember to let plenty of space for machinery and those things.

Dude fuck off and stop lying. Nobody cares about your hot RLM opinion.

>he didn't like battle of heroes

ye, the squares are ~1' and most doorways are 3', hallways 4' wide, including the wider lower portion the entry ramp is 5' wide so you can pull cargo (or easily wrangle unruly 'cargo'), dive in an out of, have a wide slice of pie to keep an eye on in the event of a firefight, stuff like that.

I think the bathroom is a little cramped, the guy at the sink has about a foot of leeway for his fat ass, so larger species might be washing their hands in the kitchen sink or something, but ship life is dirty anyway.

The showers also don't have much elbowroom, unless you shower facing the wall and rub one elbow on the curtain.

>dive in and out of the open space it creates when the ramp is lowered

Like if you gotta leave the ship you can just fling yourself into a vault and skid across the deck, and land with your feet on the ramp so you can get a running start out of the ship.

sorta finished that thought in my head and didn't let my fingers catch up.

Pretty comfy so far, user

>I remember people in the theater bursting into laughter when that happened

This is in every copypasta every time a movie comes out and it's never once been true. It's interesting, it's some sort of weird collective subconscious meme, like clapping after flights was.

I always assumed it was the same style as Yoda, is that not true? Hence all the spinning?

>Dude fuck off and stop lying. Nobody cares about your hot RLM opinion.

Not sure what RLM has to do with my opinion. Disliking shit from Prequels has been a thing as long as those movies have. Or have you forgotten about Jar Jar or the romance scenes from later movies.

Why not Mount Yoda?

Telos
Alternatively Belsavis
Belsavis is unironically one of my favorite planets thanks to SWTOR

Hey /swg/,

I'm going to be running a game set in the Old Republic (specifically between the events of KOTOR II and TOR). My group is full of normies, so i intend to play a bit fast and loose with the canon, within reason of course.

My players are going to be mostly Jedi/Force users with a droid and a smuggler/gunslinger.

I have a few ideas worked out, but I'm looking for suggestions.

Some of the adventures I have planned are:
-Droid Revolution
-Dark Jedi/Sith kidnapping FS children and forming a cult
-Hunting down and destroying or gathering Sith artifacts (Muur Talisman, etc.)
-Mediation of a dispute over Bacta
-Dealing with a conspiracy within the Jedi Order, going all the way up to the High Council
-Emergence of a new Force order independent of the Jedi and Sith
-Discovery and expedition to Tython

Does anyone else have any other ideas or anything? Such as campaigns or adventures you've run, wish you could run, etc.

The whole end fight of RotS dragged overtly long, like the bloody factory scene in AotC. In my opinion though most of the Prequel fights had that problem. They just lasted way too long. And after awhile you just want them to end it and not jump around the scenery.

care to share that link user?

>Droid Revolution
>IG-88 intensifies

what link? the one I'm tracing?

the deckplan I'm working from is the 'official blueprint' I found on wired, you can google it

you can also google the model I have as reference for the nonstandard configuration by typing in "rob jedi armored millenium falcon"

or just armored millenium falcon, and go by images, if I got the rob jedi part wrong

dont think I did though

The Bacta conspiracy sounds fun

Something going on with the Selkath and the the Order of Sasha

The Jedi being sent out to the borders of the Republic and getting signs of the Sith Empire?

Dealing with rebuilding the Republic, with cameos from the Kotor 2 party members (as prophesied by Kreia)

Something to do with Rakata.

Also HK-47's droid revolt with the HK-51/HK-50 units

>movie comes out and it's never once been true.

Well whole theater bursting into laughter is bit of hyperbole. I remember some people near me starting to snicker loudly when Yoda started jumping around. I remember it because before that the whole theater had been quiet due to how serious the scene had been before with Anakin getting his hand sliced off and everything. Personally I was just dissapointed on how ridiculous the fight looked from that point foward.

Did the Empire ever use anything akin to the Mandator IV? Some kind of siege monitor good for destroying heavily-fortified positions?

They're still in Legends canon, and that's all that matters to me.

They had something sillier

Kreia being a Force Ghost and REEEing about how it's torture to her and begging the player character end it for her. If they are mean SOBs they just leave her to it.

is thta a copy of the swtor ship or viceversa?

>It's miniaturized Death Star tech!

This looks better but less consistent with other designs. Feels like Star Trek, somehow.

>podracing
>picking up speed
ha!

>tfw no qt Twi'lek Jedi to shelter from the Empire

>Did the Empire ever use anything akin to the Mandator IV? Some kind of siege monitor good for destroying heavily-fortified positions?

In Legends, yes actually.

They had two designs for such things.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_Palpatine

And this, which is perhaps the main one:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Torpedo_Sphere

> The Torpedo Sphere was constructed by Loronar Corporation, under their subsidiary imprint Loronar Defense Industries.[1] It was designed to accomplish one objective; to neutralize and knock out a planet's planetary shields. Planetary shields prevented the use of soldiers in invading a planet, unless the shields could be taken down first. Planetary shields also protected planets from orbital bombardment from Star Destroyers. The Torpedo Sphere was produced to overcome these obstacles.[2] Torpedo Spheres were not available for sale, but cost 327,830,000 credits to construct.[3]

> Each Torpedo Sphere was armed with five hundred proton torpedo tubes, arranged in an inverted cone in the center of the vessel's equatorial trench.

In good old WEG they used a Torpedo sphere, that's it, a big, round spheroid space ships armed with torpedoes to bombard a planetary shield to submision.

Not a big fan of even bigger ISD desu, the ISD 1 is massive already.
I really want a carrack or lancer done in his style tough.

>It's miniaturized Death Star tech!

> sillier

Yet this is a thing now in Canon.

>Feels like Star Trek, somehow.

not enough greebling

Did you forget the Naboo space ships? One of the good things in SW is than it has plenty of variety.

yes that was the joke I was making user

The droid revolution will be caused by HK-47. Basically he will discover a dormant droid factory (HK or otherwise) and will re-start production, as well as using a signal of sorts to assume direct control of the droids.

I intend to have the Sith return. The setting is a bit too far removed from the events of KOTOR II to have a lot of cameos from the cast, however the Galaxy still has to deal with the aftermath of everything that happened.

I love the Rakata idea though

Yeah, but we're talking about ships built within the same faction. The Naboo fighters would look out of place in the First Order too.

Bacta > Kolto exchange was something our group dabbled with when we still played. Plenty of room for any kind of party to approach the issue with fighting or politics

There was absolutely laughing (and clapping) when Yoda started spinning around, in my theater. Everyone I knew expected Yoda and Palpy to fight more like wizards and less like wushu practitioners.

Well everyone you knew was retarded since AotC already revealed Yoda used a lightsaber.

You know I dont get why people are mad about this.
When you build a giant fucking superlaser that can destroy anything, you'd be a retard to not try and build a smaller version for more specific tasks.

Hell, it's not like they claimed the empire had them two minutes later, this is 30 years on theyve managed to make one and it cant even move under its own power.

Its one of the few things in tlj I entirely and totally liked and supported.

I don't get it either.

"Based on the giant planet killing laser, we built a small building killing laser." Makes sense to me.

for me it's not that they would make something akin to that, it's that it feels like another example of shrinking the setting. Everything is X-Wings, Empire, rebels, death stars.

Okay now that I get.
Much as I love me some X-Wings fighting TIEs I would have at least hoped for a new TIE design. I could see the Republic stagnating as they demilitarised, but youd think the FO would want to go full advancement. Though I guess they 'justify' it with 'they suckin the empires dick tho!??!?'. Which is lazy, but eh.

That said, the mini DS laser is pretty much the only thing that really really works for me as far as 'not being updated' goes, since it actually did at least see an iteration of tech, rather than 'became a bit more like the original concept art' or 'has red stripes and two seats'.

Except the Death Star was a very big deal. It's not about shrinking universe, it's about building on what was previously established.

The idea the Empire would try to miniaturize the breakthrough technology is logical like how in real life we got the Davey Crocket tactical weapon.

It's a giant laser, there's plenty of room for giant lasers that aren't OMG DEF STURR tie-ins.

The new movies have all the subtlety of a 6 year old in taking the cool old things and making them exponentially bigger to express how much better they are. Between Planet death star/Super Star Destroyer XXL/Gorilla walkers, Disney should just give up and make a Warhammer movie already.

What sorts of silly novelty blasters, blaster accessories, blaster settings, and blaster power cells/gas might a party come across while shopping at a Mandalorian flea market?

To me the worse sin of the ST is than they world building is boring as fuck.
Look at the PT for fuck sakes, as movies they are very wonky, but remember how many cool planets appeared only in the RoTS, how different the CIS is to anything, how the Republic gear remind you to the empire or the rebels without being carbon copies, the miriads of cool aliens, the expansive battles. They would have been ground breaking sci fi films if some one had reigned over Lucas, but even at they worse they amplied the setting a fuck tone.

You know I can see it being used to kowtow some of the more heavily fortified wrolds "Surrender now or we will blast the fortifications and part of your capital into oblivion." FO seems to love weapons like that, What else was Star Killer than weapon to do that in star system level and the Matador Dreadnought have this feel aswell.

>Davey Crocket
>“Remember Alderaan.”

>The new movies have all the subtlety of a 6 year old in taking the cool old things and making them exponentially bigger

Well, except the exact example you gave which they specifically made smaller.
Which is why it's an actual iteration on things rather than just HURRRR ITS A BIGGER STAR DESTROYER.
On balance though I do agree with you.

It really is a shame that by the time the PT was made, no one was willing to say 'No you idiot' to Lucas.
Guy did some awesome shit when he had people around to tell him he was getting high on his own farts.

TLJ had a lot of stuff intended for sieges, actually. Holdo's ship was meant to be a big siegebreaker, too, and the Resistance Bombers were very obviously meant for the same.

>I sell blasters and blaster accessories

that is dank AF

Is it weird that I think it'd be interesting to have Vrook Lamar as my Jedi Master? I kinda like his stern demeanor.

can anyone in your group do a good Ed Asner impression?

>Disney should just give up and make a Warhammer movie already
>Magnus the Red singing "Eye to Eye"
Shit, where do I send the money?

People criticize EU for it's use of super weapons, yet seem to ignore the PT has introduced quite a few right off the bat and shows no signs of stopping.

In fact, theirs are even more OP than a lot of what was devised in the OT and many of the more well known Imperial ones.

For instance, Starkiller Base is warping spacetime and or reality itself.

>Gorilla walkers

Speaking of those, what was stopping them from using a SPHA variant over the AT-M6 and that Super Laser?

I doubt the doors at Crait were that strong now.

>PT

Meant Second Trilogy.

It's this general lack of color, everything is very washed out and muted