Stat Us Veeky Forums. Stat us, stat usssss

Stat Us Veeky Forums. Stat us, stat usssss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2vgtoP-pI-I
youtube.com/watch?v=PQsjf25V9t8
youtube.com/watch?v=ssAZDf-iPyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ComeGetSome/10

You shall see the Stats In Our Eyes, Chosen One. Once we SWALLOW your soul!

HP: not applicable, Evil dead cannot be killed by violence, only burning and ritual

Powers: Superhuman Strength, Unaided Flight, Corrupting Touch, Cause Hallucination, Possess/Depart Body, Some Magical knowledge (even if the person didn't originally have any), Effectual Immortality, Reviving, Raise Undead (touch range, up to 7 times a night)

Number of attacks per round: default at 2, evil dead who were sufficient levels of fighter in life may have more than 2, and retain those levels

Magic resistance: At least 20%, possibly boosted by attire/equipment

Weakpoint: A cleric who is at least level 7 can perform a special version of 'dispell evil' to instantly destroy an evil dead.

>Weakpoint: A cleric who is at least level 7 can perform a special version of 'dispell evil' to instantly destroy an evil dead.

It has been show that anyone can cast the spell.

Most deadites die to dismemberment just fine. It is the higher level ones that stick around.

>Weakpoint: Loud Mouthed Braggats.

Ash isnt just any " Loud Mouthed Braggart". It takes a special kind of foolish bravado to reach the levels of Ash.

>Nictuu Barataa Nict-*coughs loudly*

I DID IT!

Anyone ~can~ do it, but if you had the choice between a pro exorcist and doing it yourself I think most people would go for the pro exorcist.

YOU FOOL! YOUVE DAMNED US ALL!!

Swallow this.

Heres a question, is an Evil Dead a lycanthropic cursed being, or an undead? As we saw in the movies, ash changed fully back eventually from being an evil dead for short times during one of the movies.

Or is it both an undead and a lycanthropic being, in that it's alive while normal and undead while changed?

It could also be a form of demonic possession, which is what I originally thought it was.

youtube.com/watch?v=2vgtoP-pI-I

>lycanthropic
>lycan
No, the evil dead do not change into wolves.

It's demonic possession, and the only reason Ash could fight it was the fact he was the chosen one, otherwise the dagger would have killed him when he got stabbed like it did all the others.

Oops, slight mistake there, I simply meant flipping back and forth between one state and another.

makes sense given his role in the plot.

It's straight-up demonic possession. Any time you see a Deadite revert to "human form", it's almost ALWAYS a trick on their part to get you to lower your guard around them. Once a Deadite has possessed someone, that's it. They're gone, no more, deader than dead. Their soul has been swallowed and is now being tortured for all eternity in one of the many, many, many Hell-Realms that the Deadites are a part of.

The only reason why Ash doesn't suffer the same fate as everyone else the Deadites attempt to take over, is simply because he's The Chosen One as slated by the Multiverse itself (technically he's just one of many, but he's one of the few to actually survive and not get corrupted beyond salvation).

I get the feeling that Ash is more powerful than even he himself is aware, perhaps he is something that exists in every possible universe the deadites exist in, a sort of counter-force to answer them.

Never noticed the multiple rows of teeth before

youtube.com/watch?v=PQsjf25V9t8

Ash already fought and killed Jason and Freddy. Who should he fight next? Chainsaw duel with Leatherface?

el orco de las americas

Leatherface is good, but him facing pic related would be even better.

Can we take a minute to appreciate how incredible the special effects were in all three movies

Evil dead redux had some pretty solid effects too. Anything with deadites in it is guranteed camp comfy.

Evil Dead somehow manages ot universally be the exception to the rule that multiple films as part of a franchise are terrible. I dont know how it does it.

By being character driven instead of plot driven and whole heartedly embracing the rule of cool. Because the setting allows basically everything, you can include anything. Make the most interesting parts of your movie the characters and give the audience plenty of eye candy and youre guranteed success. There's nothing you can really violate with "canon" because its so loose to begin with. Even the games were fucking great because again, they were vehicles for great characters and fun gameplay.

Looks like Angela Merkel

I just love how the world of Evil Dead is the kind of place where you can almost literally trip over a tree branch and end up waking some kind of cosmic horror.

It's also genuinely funny and genuinely scary at the same time, while also having horror's most competent and badass protagonist who's acted with insane charisma and likability.

It kinda does.

Kek.

Ash is pretty incompetent at many points

what are these?

I think they are from good ol' Evil Dead.

Two words user; Tree Rape

Ash would come at him with a hammer to fix all those "loose nails".

His own demons are frankly more interesting. Not as powerful, of course, for obvious reasons. Though Eligos was summoned after they hoped to find the weakest demon in the Necronomicon. Turns out the book doesn't rank them that way, surprise surprise. Still it was satisfying that Ash defeated the Demon of the Mind through his own sheer lack of mental activity. I wonder if Eligos is even really dead, since that's an iffy prospect for demons. The Kandarian demon alone has been defeated a number of times. Same with Baal. Ash seriously fucked him up but seems like the bigger blow was Ruby honoring the deal between the two, which was banishment.

Of course they're also packing the Kandarian dagger through most of the series, otherwise all of the demons are unkillable. At best you can destroy the body they're inhabiting. Others, like Ruby's children, had active regeneration.

>Turns out the book doesn't rank them that way, surprise surprise.
Actually, Eligos WAS genuinely the weakest demon that they could find to call up through the book (and even in the comics, his first appearance is literally just as another member of an utterly staggering, multiverse-deovuring horde. He isn't even worth distinction amongst his kind). The problem comes form the fact that the book ranks demons in terms of things that can annihilate the entire Multiverse if left unchecked (The Dark/Old Ones), and things who can *merely* tear armies and nations apart (Eligos and Baal), and thus they weren't prepared for how strong Eligos would truly be compared to them when they summoned it. They expected some lowly imp to be what theyd call up, not a bringing the Mind who could toss even their most skilled fighter around like a fucking pinball.

Not really how he functions in the series. Hell, the claim that he "isn't even worth distinction amongst his kind" is pure BS since he had his own entry in the book listing his abilities and titles. The bookstore owner who was translating made it clear that nothing about Eligos suggested weakness specifically, just that his description as a demon focused on the mind made them believe he was physically unimposing. Which, frankly, he is...apart from the freakish appearance. If you don't factor in his ability to teleport spam out of harms way. He also enjoys telekinesis and enhanced possession abilities over the Kandarian. He bypassed the protections used by Pablo's uncle which the Kandarian couldn't and even managed to kill the Brujo. He was also able to fuck up several people, including Ash.

Ash only defeated Eligos by tricking him out of Kelly's body and then using his "shoot first, think never" method. The implication is that Eligos' teleport spamming is based on reading the minds of his enemies so he can know when and where they will attack. Once Ash flipped over to pure instinct Eligos wasn't reading the threat.

>comics
>canon
Oh user...

The comics were pretty much the go-to "canon" for anybody who wanted to explore more of Ash and his adventures. And do remember that the show itself has already confirmed that alternate timelines exist, and can delved into, and that demonic entities are inter-connected to those timelines and can fully recognize individuals from alternate worlds, even if it's technically their 'first' encounter. And the comics are set in a vast multiverse, so it's not unfair to say that one variation of Ash IS experiencing the events of the comic lines, somewhere out in the vastness of it all, and that movie/show/main Ahs is just yet another version of him trucking along in his universe against the forces of evil.

The comics may be fun, sure, but I don't imagine many flocked to them as canon. Hell, most of the time the comics aren't treated as canon to the other comics. They don't have to be. They don't care to be. They're just excuse plots at best, the excuse being to have fun and show things they normally couldn't, like Ash vs Reanimator or Ash vs Freddy vs Jason.

Multiple timelines but one primary present "you", Ruby said. Also recall that there was something of a predestination paradox running throughout season 2. Remember the bum who said that Ash ruined his life? Then later Ash went to the 80s where he met a businessman who said his family has a history of drinking but Ash told gave him a bottle of liquor and told him it's all cool? Same dude.

Do you recommend the 2013 movie?

Vaguely. Kind of interesting, but not, overall, near groovy enough. Then again (and this possibly because I was much younger when the originals came out) I enjoyed it more when Ash went off the rails. In the first film he was still largely a victim. Same with the second...right up until he's had enough of this Deadite shit and builds himself a chainsaw arm. Shit got real.

It's also when it stopped being straight up horror. Maybe it was the early subversiveness that appealed, but Bruce Campbell kicking ass and tossing out cornball one-liners didn't hurt. By the third movie it had reached straight up parody levels of horror, which has carried into the series. Not that there still isn't plenty of gore to go around.

Also despite his time travel plan to stop the nightmare from ever happening it didn't really change anything - at all. Pablo wasn't brought back to life, that took a deal with Baal and 80s Ruby. Cheryl was still dead too, along with Chet and his father.

If we're being honest, I'm not 100% convinced it even restored his hand, albeit briefly. I suspect that was actually Baal working through the demonic juju Ash had run into early on when, somehow, sucking a demonic possession out of his foot like a snakebite. I wouldn't put it past Baal, who was still hiding in Pablo's corpse, to manipulate that into seemingly restoring Ash's hand just so he could lose it again. Pure psychological fuckery is Deadite bread and butter after all.

Still maybe it was real and the hand Ruby used in season 1 to hunt down Ash was actually this new one severed in the 80s? Hard to say how the fuck time travel works in this series, but then that's all part of the fun.

Timetravel in the Evil Deadverse is more fucking convoluted than Doctor Who. News at 11.

I imagine that's on purpose given it's the perfect compliment to the already slapdash continuity between the films. Like Ash traveling back to the 80s but he can't remember if the Necronomicon was just lying more or less out in the open (Evil Dead 2) or if Scotty found it in the fruit cellar (Evil Dead). Or his offhand comment that sunlight doesn't kill Deadites, that's vampires, well, except for that one time when it did work (Evil Dead 2).

Raimi is more than aware of these things, plus frankly it all works so well considering now much Ash by Ash vs Evil Dead has burned out his head on undead fighting plus drinking Pink Fucks.

Ah, the Evil Deadverse. The realm where continuity exists through nearly all works, but the local heroes and cosmic horrors don't give a single fuck.

He is El Jefe, I am from Mexico and I can corroborate that

>Weakpoint: A cleric who is at least level 7 can perform a special version of 'dispell evil' to instantly destroy an evil dead.
Also, the weirdo Bone Knife. Or performing the appropriate horrifying rituals on the afflected, if this is the remake.
I really hope this isn't the remake.

I regret that we'll never get that in Ash vs Evil Dead.

If you prefer the first Evil Dead to the later ones, where they use humor to break up the tension, yeah.

Stated more than once in the new series. As the Chosen One he is a powerful figure of destiny, scourge of the undead, etc etc. His incredibly shitty life choices and general attitude stunt his spiritual growth. The Brujo, Pablo's uncle, identifies that the light in Ash is dim but there.

Perhaps more curious the Necronomicon itself had a chat with Ash where it claimed that if he ever defeats it he stops being "superman." His role as the Chosen One, and whatever benefits he gains from that, exist as long as he has the demons to fight. When he wins he goes back to being a regular jackhole working a deadend supermarket job. Not that the Necronomicon itself would be the most reliable source of information, but still interesting.

I enjoy how even when they are being ridiculous there is still a healthy degree of horror, whether it's fighting a hand puppet or going up the butt (do I need to spell out that this is NSFW?):

youtube.com/watch?v=ssAZDf-iPyM

Alright, this thread's gotten me interested in Evil Dead. I obviously start with the movies, but where do I go from there?

If you can track down/emulate the games, theyre pretty god damn fun in the okd school adventure game kinda way. Evil dead: regeneration is the first, and its an ok shoot em up with a TOTALLY WHACKY SIDE CHARACTER. It overstayed its welcome JUST a bit but is worth a play through. Evil dead a fistful of boomstick is the campiest, greatest shlock possible. The gameplay is expanded, it has survival horror elements, and ash can cast spells from the necronomicon. You hold a button and hammer out a buttom combo you have to remember from the pages that you find.

That scene never stops being utterly grotesque, and yet ridiculously hilarious as well.

I can see why they fought to keep it in. Does it add much to the plot? Not exactly, but it pushes the envelope in all the ways they love.

>They're gone, no more, deader than dead. Their soul has been swallowed and is now being tortured for all eternity in one of the many, many, many Hell-Realms that the Deadites are a part of.
Yep, for a relatively light hearted series Evil Dead has a pretty fucked afterlife

I mean, it's IMPLIED that there might be *Something* out there that acts as a a proper force of good for existence (besides Ash of ocurse), but the Evil Forces are just too too strong and thus, we hardly ever hear about it.

... is that fucking Alexander Anderson?

The problem is that the chosen champion of good in this, and even other times, is...Ash. Good is stuck with what it has to work with.

The Deadites are happy to say that there is no heaven, only eternal torture, however it appears to be a case of them being unreliable at telling the truth. Shocker, right? At least in the last season of Ash vs. Evil Dead there does seem to be...something. Ash's dead father showing up at the cabin, being mistaken for Baal, and just as the real Baal shows up Brock Williams turns into Ash's chainsaw. Then the "force ghosts" moment at the very end with Brock, Chet, and Cheryl. His sister, thirty years a Deadite snack, is freed... Unless that's a Deadite trick, which is always possible. But it's probably not!

There's definitely anti-Deadite magic in existence, and not just the binding spells and circles, such as the one used when summoning Eligos. Given the Dark Ones wrote the Necronomicon in order to gain mastery over the demons I wouldn't really trust them. But the Brujo certainly had defensive powers. The Kandarian's Tasmanian Devil mode couldn't pass his wards. Eligos managed to pass through since he was hitching a ride inside Kelly but certainly seemed affected by them. Then there's the necklace Pablo received from his uncle.

Weird how the necklace and the Necronomicon seemed drawn to each other. Not just opposing forces but like the opposing ends of a magnet drawing each other in.

Checking it out, the rights issues with Army of Darkness are said to have been solved. I'm not aware of any direct references yet. Time travel to the middle ages would seem to be a big one, but that was in Evil Dead 2 as well so... Anyway it would be interesting to perhaps know more about the Wise Men, their abilities and knowledge.

The Wise Men certainly sound interesting. How unfortunate that we'll probably never hear much about them at all in the upcoming season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had descendants who were important. Hell, Ash might be one for all we know. Or better yet, one of those "I'm my own grandpa" moments thanks to knocking up Sheila. Though that would be great-great-great-great-etc etc grandpa.

Got to wonder the significance of her being possessed, impaled by Ash, and then after the battle she's human and alive again.

I don't know if they'd do this, but with Raimi loving to make Ash suffer, how about...

Sheila gets knocked up by Bad Ash after she was captured. This makes Ash's evil Deadite clone his ancestor and renders him, by default, a part demon and thus one of the Dark Ones (albeit not the same ones who wrote the Necronomicon). He's the part-demon who slays other demons, The Daywalker! Wait, wrong series. Anyway I can imagine Ruby would end up throwing up in her mouth a little if Ash turns out to be one of her kind.

>I wouldn't be surprised if they had descendants who were important. Hell, Ash might be one for all we know. Or better yet, one of those "I'm my own grandpa" moments thanks to knocking up Sheila. Though that would be great-great-great-great-etc etc grandpa.
they did something similar in Poker Night At The Inventory 2, although it wasn't Ash being his own ancestor, it was him being Brock Sampson's

Curious sidenote, Evil Dead II's Rotten Apple Head monster, the physical form of the Kandarian Demon, manifests the faces of those whose souls it has recently consumed. They actually taunt Ash in the movie. However one of those faces is plainly Ash's own who despite being possessed twice still seems to contain his soul, suffering no lasting (insofar as we can tell) harm.

No clue what that means beyond it manifests the guise of its victims, even if they survive. Maybe it's everyone who has nevertheless fed it with their soul, even temporarily. Given Cheryl is later seen as a free ghost it may well be implied that even if the demons swallow your soul, as it were, they feed off your torment but the soul isn't destroyed. The whole "immortal soul" bit may be true in Evil Dead. Still this makes it a good news, bad news situation. Good news is they may not be able to actually destroy your soul and your soul can be freed later on. Bad news situation is likely nothing will ever free your soul so you're actually going to remain trapped and tortured for all eternity.

>Good news is they may not be able to actually destroy your soul and your soul can be freed later on. Bad news situation is likely nothing will ever free your soul so you're actually going to remain trapped and tortured for all eternity.
Yeah, that's pretty bad. It's now where even remotely Near as bad as having your soul utterly annihilated and the bear remnants of it being tortured and broken down for the rest of time, but it's still pretty fucked.

Since it'll be a focus of the next season I'm curious about the Williams family. I re-watched the series recently and then the first two movies. I'd forgotten that Cheryl demonstrated precognitive abilities. Brock had this weird after-death appearance where he tried to tell Ash a life changing secret and then turned into his weapon against Baal.

Maybe the entire Williams bloodline is special? Guess we might find out when we meet Ash's daughter. Here's hoping she doesn't wind up chum like everyone else in his life.

Well yeah, otherwise he'd be a Gary Stu.

He fucks up like any normal guy would but kicks more ass than any horror protag.

Even Tommy Jarvis ain't got shit on Ash.

That's an interesting notion insofar as he does seem to get his mojo on best when the Necronomicon is unleashing the demons. Instead of being empowered as an opposing force of evil it is interesting to imagine he might draw his powers from the same source.

I'm not really keen on the idea, I just find it interesting. I hope they don't do it but Sam Raimi does enjoy making Ash suffer.