Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

THOUSAND SONS CODEX LEAK!!! Edition.

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Lewd painting tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=htEMxpdP6zU

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Custodian Guard box can be made made into normal Custodes, an HQ, or a standard bearer.

Custodes Wardens: 6+ FNP, 4 attacks, can take Castellan Axes(S+3 AP-2 D3 damage, no hit penalty)

Custodian Guard minimum unit size reduced to 3

Misericordia: knives that can be equipped by some units to gain an extra attack with a power sword profile (4 points each)

Few to none mortal wound-dealing weapons in the army

Ven. Land Raider: 2+ armor, 5+ invuln, 6+ FNP

Ven. Contemptor Dread: 2+ armor, 5+ invuln, 6+ FNP

Custodes Terminators: can be set up in teleportarium, can take spear or axe, unit size = 1-10

Termies can use grenade launchers(only the strength was mentioned: S4) to target a character by using a strategem

Bikes: an anti-flyer strategem exists(no details mentioned)

Shield-Captains: Re-roll 1's to hit aura

Valoris: 7 wounds, 3++ invuln. 250pts.

Standard bearers: no bike standards, but can be made with all the other kits

Strategems

Sentinel Storm: 2CP choose one Custodes unit, can shoot with Sentinel Blades on enemy's turn(didn't catch what phase)

Piercing Strike: 1CP choose a Custodes unit, add 1 to wound rolls with Guardian Spears

Castellan Strike: (CP cost not mentioned 1CP)Select one Custodes unit in the fight phase, improve AP of Castellan Axes to -3 till end of phase against one target unit

Unflinching: (No CP cost mentioned) buffs Overwatch

Victor of the Blood Games: (CP not mentioned)Choose a Character before game = free re-roll per turn. [ty to u/BatedSuperior5]

Shoulder the Mantle: (No CP cost mentioned)When your warlord is killed, choose another Shield Captain as your warlord(prevents Slay the Warlord)

First for THREE PSYCHIC DISCIPLINES

my dudes > your dudes

TZAANGOR YES

>people think custodes are shit because they flopped in their first game with GW
Remeber when everyone said magnus sucked because he got oneshot by a hellfrost cannon turn one?

So GW didn't see fit to properly nerf Magnus even in the new 1k Sons codex
Why does GW love his big red space cock so much and why can't they stop riding it?

Relics

Praetorian Plate: Choose an imperium character and teleport the wearer to that imperium character

Auric Aquilus: Suped-up Dawneagle jetbike(3++ and re-roll charges)

Auric Shackles: Reduce attacks characteristic of enemy characters within range(not mentioned), killing the enemy warlord grants D3 victory points

Relic Standards:

Wrath Angelus: calls orbital bombardment(dealing MW on 4+)

Fulminarus Aggressor: shoots lightning(no profile mentioned)

Faith Absolute: Lets bearer attempt Deny the Witch

Obliteratum: S10 grenade launcher for terminator character

Warlord Traits

Champion of the Imperium: Lets other units in the army make Heroic Interventions

Emperor's Companion: Re-roll damage dice for melee weapons

Radiant Mantle: -1 on enemy Hit rolls vs your Warlord

Peerless Warrior: Melee hits of 6+ generate another attack

(casual mention of one that lets them resist psychic powers)

Tactical Objectives - Generate an extra VP when you score a VP

Gain VP when there are no enemy models within 3" of your Custodes

Opponent chooses objective, you gain 3 VP if you control that objective at the end of your turn

So less models than I have melta/plasma the army?

but he doesn't re-roll his failed invuls anymore ;^)

>flopped
What? Game is still going on. How have they flopped?

Should i go Mechanicus?
I am scared of complicated models.
Cawl looks like a nightmare to assemble and paint.
Regular dudz look scary too.
Maybe TSons?
halp

Game is going on and Custards are getting murdered as we speak

So i guess i am going to be buying a Trajann for my Custodes for that sweet d3 CP return.

"'How required is Magnus for a thousand sons army? -I think you should just build your army the way you want." -GW twitch stream

ahahahaha way to avoid the obvious answer

YES

>Kitten costs more than Draigo
Pffffthahahaha

You first models will looks like crap no matter what. Just do what you want.

>Magnus suddenly down to 2 wounds.
N-NANI!?!?!

banana lances

It is beyond me why his weapon deals D3 damage instead of flat 3 damage, the weapon sucks in it's current state

He went on to say that if you want to make a competitive army, then you should probably take him as he is a very strong choice.

So basically saying MUST TAKE in employee speak.

Primarchs are always going to be disproportionately useful.

every time I see one of those fatasses hit the table I ache for the old "special characters by opponent's permission only" rule

only tryhard retards play models like Magnus/Mortarion
Those should be purely friendly games only or just showoff setpieces

>custodes suc-

Now I need to got make a bikenana and magnus omae wa mou shindeiru edit

I like that they mentioned that Magnus can still get -1 to hit somehow. Magnus forever an auto-include.

Reminder that if you paint your custodes any color other than gold you're a special snowflake

It's a Thousand Sons new spell called Glamour of Tzeentch

>implying wounding Magnus is hard
What kind of Necron tier army are you playing?

Wasn't that damage done by Valoris fighting a second time

But user i wanna play the Solar Guard guys. White is the best colour

yiff in hell CAACfag

haha 3++ on a nine gorillion wound & toughness body, whats that lol never heard of such a thing lmao

>Magnus can heal himself now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Same reason GW didn't nerf Guilliman.

Primarchs are OP because their Main Characters

>Does anyone have the transcript from a Twitch game where GW states they made Guilliman OP because he's a Primarch?
>It was either late 7e or early 8e (like preCodex)

Mortarion I think is fine, he hasn't even won any major tournaments in a list
Magnus however is in every single 1st place list that any chaos army has gotten in 8th

Now we add a -1 to hit spell and a healing spell

Th-thanks GW, not like I wanted WAACfags to ditch my army

wait how? I need to know about how magnus will never die

>Should i go Mechanicus?
Yes
>Call looks like a nightmare to assemble and paint
Just don't run Mars that's the waacfag Forgeworld

Painting Skittles aren't as bad as they look as long as you paint torsos/robes separate from the legs

SOUP FOR THE SOUP GOD

FUCK THIS FUCKING HOBBY

>Glamour of Tzeentch
I assume it targets THOUSAND SON and not TZEENTCH?

Shut up nerd. Stop being jealous of our Dusty Bois.

WAACfag spotted

Buy more codexes, win more games

So I just watched the Phil Kelly Eldar lore discussion on Warhammertv.

He was asked about Eldar-human hybrids. From what he said it appears there is no biological obstacles for that to happen. However, there are cultural barriers. The Asuryani would be too arrogant and disdainful of mankind to mate with them. However, the Drukkari being more twistedly open minded might be willing to sexually experiment with humans.

He said that Eldar/human hybrids are unlikely to happen but he didn't say it was impossible. How does this make you feel? How does that make you feel, teegee?

Pro-Soup > Anti-Soup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Curry

So it seems. But we have no idea, since it was placed on Magnus.
It is worth mentioning that the Aspiring Sorcerer had it equipped.

>take an already powerful thing
>make it stronger
>don't buff rubrics or any actual 1ksons, just add birbs nobody except furfags wants

But I'm not
I only want GW to delet the single most OP thing to exist in 8th edition 40k, the Big Red Homo

They mentioned magnus will want to cast warp flux to get him a few wounds back.

Well the basic dues can now cast spell other than smite, so that's nice at least.
They might also still have gotten buffs, we don't actually know the full rules yet.

I feel your pain brother. At the very least they seem to be a bit better now that aspiring sorcerers can pick a power.

I think love can definitely bloom.

>just add birbs nobody except furfags wants
there are no females, i don't want them either

Because more survivability is the one thing Maggyboy needed

>Dark Matter Crystal
crystallized void, very cool

>Gulliman entrusts Cawl with two super important to the survival of the Imperium missions which conveniently take ten thousand years, one of which involves reviving him
>Gulliman still distrusts and doubts him
uh

>he didn't say it was impossible. How does this make you feel? How does that make you feel, teegee?

You sound new. Half Eldars have been around since Rogue Trader

Maybe the TSfag got tired of the SoBfag always nuking Magnus turn 1?

user the one thing i learned about furries is that 90% of them are Gay or bi.

I see Tzangors with shields, here's hoping.

>Half Eldars have been around since Rogue Trader

One retconned example doesn't count.

Anyone know if any sites like yoymart are still around, I've been off the hobby for a bit, also - is alibaba any good?

Not looking for quality, just looking for cheap wreckage en masse.

>user the one thing i learned about furries is that 90% of them are Gay or bi.
i'm 10%, straight
gayfaggots should burn

probably just for looks

I will make sure to include massive amounts of meltaguns in every list I build for the sole purpose of launching an ICBM onto Magnus turn 1

No mention of any new weapon or anything.
Only that Instrument of Chaos got renamed to Brayhorn

>Trusting the Mechanicus
>Ever
Come the fuck on, he couldn't even not make Primaris from Traitor Legions.

Decided my next project is going to be fluffy Fulminators army, looking forward to people complimenting my ultramarines army and then me getting to go

>One retconned example doesn't count
Where did GW say our Half-Eldar, Ex-Dark Angel, Astropath, Ultramarine Chief Librarian was retconned

My valhallan banehammer needs a name. A soviet name to go with my cult ambushes you genestealers. I was thinking Iron Kurtain might be a good one, anymore ideas?

go check r/yoyhammer on reddit, lot of places are by email only now so they can hide from GW, just don't expect anyone to straight hand over contact info because a lot of places have had to relocate emails and shit because of it

>57497929
3 way battle between Ravenwing, White Scares and Custodes. Would be fun to see.

Think Ravenwing might just steal it, way too overpowered this edition.

That’s rather hypocritical.

Well, at least this is basically what Transuranic Arquebi were invented for.
Can vexilla dude take a 3++? If not he will take 1.94 wounds per turn from 4 arquebi shooting at him, which might bring him down turn 3 after he has already done his job twice over.

So far, so as expected. Not too impressed by that 2cp sniping strat if it's all going to be S4, since even with high AP and D2 that's going to kill one Techpriest Dominus if you have all 10 dudes with grenade launchers. I don't know, maybe they hit like baby kraks or something.

We don't know how much Wardens are, but I personally think that +1A and 6+FNP is probably not going to be worthwhile unless they're barely cheaper than Guardians. Not like they're not choppy and tough already, and they really need bodies.
Good the vehicles don't get bullshit 4++ nonsense, that would have rendered anti-tank weapons almost useless.
Stratagems seem decentish, but offset by the fact a min Batt detachment is probably 700pts or some nonsense.

OK, here's the absurd stuff. Teleporting character assassin relic means "bubblewrap your characters or lose them instantly" unless that's friendlies only and used for bodyguarding into melee. Megabike is only going to die to MW spam, shackles are probably the weakest there but I'd probably still buy all three.
Oblit gun probably can't snipe since the character isn't technically an ALLARUS, right?

COTI seems like the best trait there depending on conditions, since it's not like Custodes need better duelling capability.

Overall this seems to be pushing the enemy to bunker up, hide behind screens and use Mortal Wounds to smash key units if they're a shooty army, or just swarm them in waves of chaff with invulns if they're an attacky army. The small volume of fire and attacks seems to be the real restriction on golden boys, since they have no real Mwounds and a very specific desired target profile.

been living under a rock, 1ksons leaks compilation where?

"Mamku Ebal", you prancing la la homo man
we share a mouse mat however so that makes us brothers

Enlightened have three options? The AoS spure only has the glaives and bows right? Will they get another option?

>Gulliman still distrusts and doubts him
I still like the concept that Cawl is the final evolution of Autism.

Like the only reason he made so many Primaris was because Guilliman was in a coma and never gave Cawl a goal. So Cawl kept making Primaris.

Becuase the chief libby of the ultras is tiggy, not illiyan

DE can make grotesques out of humans, there was never anything preventing a haemonculus from trying some gene-splicing
>retconned
source?

how?

Fist of Contempt.

>That’s rather hypocritical.
sorry then

No leaks, just things told to us on the stream going on
Magnus is still OP, 1ksons get furries, new items blah blah blah

The part where the Imperium became unreasonably xenophobic. When the Space Marines have freetime they either train or recite the holy texts of Xenos hate.

Dammit. I wish they would address what the canon color of Eldar eyes is. I hear black, but they also do art with regular eyes.

>not illiyan
You know Illiyan could have died. Or you know retired and joined another Chapter, because that's how he rolls.

>get into 40k some years ago (by the end of 6th ed), play necrons and absolutely hate the game
>fast forward to beginning of the 8th ed
>absolutely love the game now, build a bad moonz ork army with a gorka and a morkanout, absolutely steamroll everyone
>feel kinda bad, get some deathwatch to play some casual matches
>codexes start coming out, decide to finally start Tau because I love battlesuits
>orks, deathwatch AND tau now fucking suck unless you spam two units and build your armies with FW models
>tfw started custodes today as a side project and fell for the GW shenanigans

We really are NPCs huh

Fucking kek I would if I didn't play in GW. The dude who runs it actually plays DOTA so might be funny on another tank.

Alright does horty have to pay points for his trees or are they free?

Stalin's Dickcheese.

Battlereport isn't over yet someone will compile it when its over i'm sure

Rules for Kairic Acolytes when? They could just give them a sprue with guns like the tzaangor one

>fell for the GW shenanigans
What shenanigans?

The models are fairly busy, but only Cawl is a bit overly so, though you could honestly leave a bit of his bits off and it'll look fine.

See

Any hybrids would considered an abomination. I mean abhumans who share 99.99% of humanity's genes are hated and persecuted.

They're just cultists.

Just roll them as melee cultists

More like he is half senile. He can't remember half of the shit he did and he only got lucky that he remembered his mission, even though he forgot how it was assigned to him.

Buying their products

Chaos Cultists.
But bump them to S4 T4 as they are more swole than Marinelets and double their base point cost.