/aosg/ Age of Sigmar General

They are stealing our culture Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

BIG
AELVEN
TIDDES

2nd for kroak is shit

YEAR OF DEATH

>nurgle shit and aelven shit
>a fucking soup book

Year of Death....

Soon

>40k has to deal with skyfire cancer
Like pottery.

>beastmen in 40k is okay
>tyranids in aos cANT WORK OH MY GOD STOP REEEE

Repooping my shit here since I seem to catch the end of the thread at every interval.

So I decided to go with Tempest's Eye because it has Dispossessed and Ironweld in it, and gives a bonus to my Copters and survivability in the first round. Plus its kinda cool to have a color scheme to follow.

Allegiance: Tempest's Eye
Gunmaster (80)
Knight-Azyros (80)
- General
- Trait: Inspiring
- Artefact: Relic Blade
20 x Warriors (160)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Longbeards (120)
- Great Axes & Shields
10 x Irondrakes (200)
Gyrocopters (80)
- Gun: Brimstone Gun
Gyrocopters (80)
- Gun: Brimstone Gun
Cannon (180)

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 62

The Knight provides a beacon of +1 to hit for everyone while he makes it up the board with the dwarf block, while the copters make for the flanks and take potshots at characters. Gunmaster sticks close to the Cannon and makes sure it can do its job. If I do run this list, and I might, I'll probably convert some models into the Gunmaster and the Knight as Dwarfs, and fluff the Tempest's Eye as my own Engineering Hold. It offers a lot more growth than standard Dorfs, and I still get the re-rolling battleshock from GA:Order if i'm so worried about it. Maybe even throw in some KO at some point if I 'REALLY' wanted to, but I'm not a huge fan of them.

How's the idea anons?

Tyranids are arguably just skaven in space, thematically - if you've got a specific autism thing about insect races in fantasy or whatever, just run them counts-as

Skyfire camcer?

Sounds fine for casual games.

Oh yeah absolutely, I don't think I'd even want to enter a tourney with this sorta idea.

shadow elves are gonna be necromancers

Tyranids are far too scifi. Eldritch Cthulhu monsters would work tho, but Tyranids look too visually similar to Alien so they can’t escape that scifi vibe they have.

This. I would be okay with some kind of "real" bugs or weird sea creatures but nids have too strong sci-fi vibes

If beak-faced bird people can fit into a scifi setting then cloven hoofed devil insects can fit into a fantasy setting

We all know Tzaangors are in 40k because GW wants money.

Is this the only one shadespire novel/audio drama we miss?

Same with the Vortex Beast desu

>shadespire
>wanderers
WHAT?
NEW AELVES SOON?

Nah, he's suitable daemony enough to make sense. Tzaangor Skyfires and Enlightened are unabashedly medieval. They gave the regular dudes guns and shit at least.

You guys know that Tzaangors are in the 40k lore since the ~1990?

Maybe a shadespire warband in Q3 or Q4

Yeah but the original argument was that 'Tyranids can exist in AoS if Tzaangors can exist in 40k'

Why couldn't slayers at least get the dispossessed keyword?? They would be so great to use.

Well, that's not an argument - that's shitposting

Slayers got squatted. They're now Fyreslayers which is basically a bastardization of why they existed in the first place, but whatever.

Also free accidental (You)

I am gonna play my SoC slayer army out of spite, fuck this.

But Tyranids do literally exist in Age of Sigmar

Not likely. The remaining Shadespire warbands are going to be Skaven, Fyreslayers, Vanguard Stormcast, and Bloodwarriors - likely see these by the end of summer or end of the year.

More warbands are going to come out whenever they do a 'season two' of Warhammer Underworlds, which won't be set in Shadespire and will hopefully have scope to bring in more legashit races.

Just run them as Fyreslayers. Personally I like most of the models I just don't like how they play.

>The remaining Shadespire warbands is going to see Skaven, Fyreslayers, Vanguard Stormcast, and Bloodwarriors - likely see these by the end of the year
We will get the Skaven and Fyreslayers ones in february. IIRC GW said that we will get up to 8 warbands per year tho. They have weird start collecting box politic so maybe they will release a box for wanderers with the GHB18 and the wanderers warband?

Is Shadespire like a bootleg AoS version of Mordheim?

Dude, squigs have nothing to do with Tyranids in fantasy, they're sentient fungus creatures captured by night goblings.

Enlightened are definitely passable, they look like all the other standard Tzaangors, just wielding "Power/Force/Daemon" Weapons.
How many dudes run around with spears and glaives already, ya know?

>In Regard to the Tyranid Shit Poster
Dude, if you really want them in the game it's possible, just stop making them mary sue tier with over the top elaborate back stories.

Yeah Enlightened get a pass. Magical bow and arrows don't.

Nah, completely different beast - it's a board game in a similar vein to X-Wing. Tactical warband fiites with a heavy deckbuilder element. Heartily recommend it, gameplay is quick (around 30-45 minutes) and the warband models so far are sick.

>Feb
Good point, very possible they could finish the last two a few months after. I'd love it if they stuck with an 8 warband per year model, especially if it meant new models for under-used factions, but that depends on GW a) sticking with supporting the game competitively and b) not being liars, so not holding my breath.

Nope, it's a board game with preconstructed warband and deck-building mechanic. Something like x-wing + gorechosen

>Why is [established cool thing] okay but [autistic shit thing] bad???? RREEEEEEEEEEEE

Guys, do any of you have lotr/hobbit models? I'm thinking about starting a Rohan army and I want to kitbash the Éowyn. Are there any aos female heads that fit the scale?

warbands Skaven & fireslayers release in time for Shadespire Organised Play start in February.

Vanguard Stormcast, Bloodwarriors warbands coming on May.

New setting for Warhammer Underworld - late summer announcement. Maybe November-December release.

Wrong thread my man. And nah, LoTR is an entirely different scale. It doesn't work well at all to mix em.

Consider never posting again

Currently have 1500 points of BCR, but been rubbing it out pretty regularly to the Maw-Krusha model I see in my local GW Store.

Gordrakk's abilities only specify Destruction, so if I drop the $110 and buy it I won't be laughed at if it runs with BCR, right?

Tyranids are a shit alien rip off. I don't even want them in 40k desu.

40k is full of archaic shit.

Just start Ironjawz m8.

Name another faction that uses a goddamn bow and arrow that isn't from 2nd edition.

IIRC you can not ally IJ with BCR so you will lost the battleline etc
>Wrong thread my man
But why user? I'm playing AoS but I'm a ratfag so I don't really have a chance to see human models irl. Also I have no lotr models yet. I thought that maybe someone would tell me about the scale and here you are

humanoids that live on feudal worlds.

Fuck Orks, I just love that fat Dragon and the points gives me a 2000+pts Destruction army.

Why not, they're same alignment, right?

LotR is supposedly also 28mm scale, same as Warhammer, but the issue is that Warhammer isn't exactly 28mm. It's kinda ridiculously exaggerated, whereas LoTR is on the small end.

You could always run the big draggo as a Stoneclaw or something? Just slap an Ogre on him.

Allies are not working like this. You have a specific group of allies for each army. Yeah, you can run both BCR and IJ in one army but you will have to use generic destruction allegiance abilities. Use the GHB17 my mate

But he wants the maw-krusha rules user

You're running Destruction allegiance, not BCR allegiance? Then yeah, take him, just swap the ork head with an ogre one or something.

Fug, I hoped there are some female aos/whfb models with small enough heads. I'm living in a shithole so it would be easier to find it on secondary market rather than buying a bundle of female heads.
Are there even female human models in aos other than sce?

Some elf and dark elf heads are female

I've always wanted to make a black powder or (or even archaic) conscripted imperial militia for 30k.

You live in a fine city so do I.

yeah, but sadly most of them have stupid-big tiaras and shit fused with their heads - sisters of the watch would be good but I would have to remove 50% of their foreheads and I'm not really experienced with greenstuff sculpting

There's a lot of non-GW heads. Like, Victoria miniatures is popular.

But like I said, LoTR works on a MUCH smaller scale than 40k and AoS for the most part.

The real real reason is that GW really doesn't like making new Tzeentch models.

I've seen the Megaboss on Mawkrusha comes with quite some weapon variety, while the other one comes with just his axe as sole option.

Could it be possible to magnetize all the hands with the different weapons and the arms of both megabosses so I could have some cool weapon variety on them?

Or it would be too risky and/or look bad?

Squigs aren't even tyranids in 40k

The polearm is the only viable option, how is he gonna hit anybody from up there with a handaxe?

Realistically, I bet magnetizing would be ok but the wrist might look janky, so you may want to greenstuff a wristband/armwrap to embed the magnets in

Go for it. Tons of inspiration in the INQ28 community for stuff like that.

Daemons

Boss on foot can only take the choppa and riptooth, but the one on Krusha can take the gorehacka and scraptooth or the other two.

When do you guys think will we get a New keeper of secrets model?

When Slaanesh updates, you mong.

so is skirmish ever getting more support and scenarios or was skirmish dead on arrival?

dead on arrival, like the kill team and shadow war

as far as the rumours go: between the end of the year and summer 19

>‘Thank you, queen of the forests. Clan Arleath shall repay the debt in whatever fashion is required. We owe our existence to you, mother of hope.’
>‘Mother of hope no more,’ Alarielle replied, her expression turning grim. ‘The avenger, the scourge, the cleansing sun I have become. None failed the Jade Kingdoms more than I, and none has more for which to atone.’
>‘I have returned, but I cannot bring hope,’ she told the treelord ancient. ‘We stand upon the brink of oblivion and have only taken a single step from the edge. My return will herald not hope, but war, and suffering on a scale none but the immortals have known. I am strife-bringer, woe-seeder. Look not to me for hope, Diraceth, for I have none.’
>‘Then why…?’
>‘Because we must fight or surrender. Victory is so far away that even I cannot see it, but it is not victory for which we strive at the moment. This is a war to survive, to push back from the precipice, to claw our lands free of the grip of darkness and corruption.’ Alarielle stepped back, her canopy-wings turning to golden streamers behind her. ‘I guarantee nothing, Leafmaster, but bloodshed, misery and death. I am clothed in the light of the sun, but I cast the shadow of the grave. Without hope, without even hope of hope, will you fight beside me?’

>I bet magnetizing would be ok but the wrist might look janky

Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about the most, but the greenstuff solution might work

And that's not a bad idea either, of magnetizing proves to be too risky

End of this year, beginning of 2019. I expect a Slaanesh AoS/40k wave similar to the other Gods.

More Khorne Daemons please :)

Any other opinions on my horrible fun idea?

Thinking of doing a grot army -

2 x Grot Shaman on Arachnarok
40 x Moonclan Grots
20 x Moonclan Grots

Puts me at 950 points. I guess 40 of those remaining oints could be used on a Goblin Chariot, Maybe 2 Frost Sabres?

Magnetising the hands is dead easy user. I did it with little 2mmx1mm magnets in about 20 minutes. You can magnetise the feet as well so you have the option of running him as a regular Megaboss, just have to model a base and clip off the chains and you're golden

Cheers user, I'll check it out.

omg, that looks awesome and it's exactly what I wanted to do

Thanks a lot

Weapons all sit flush and there's no jankiness. Did the left-hand dagger as well, though can't find it - it's a bit of a tight fit if you build it with the riptooth fist option like I did, but whatever. Options.

>1111
Happy to help, good luck!

Eh... they don't share anything at all. Mordheim was a campaign system based around Your Dudes. Shadespire is a competitive game whose engine is an hybrid of xwing and that one arena game.

Check statuesque miniatures and ask /awg/ for opinions.

>put fantasy into fantasy in space
>put space into fantasy
one is not like the other

Is it possible to play elite Skryre without all those small fuckers like clanrats or acolytes and be viable? Just machines, teams and stormfiends

Hey guys, are the Tomb Kings points cost in the GH'17? Or where do I find them? The .pdf on the GW site doesn't have the battle profiles for matched play.

Space Pirates are Space Skaven

Reminder all stormcast must be gassed

Good job, skinks!

Not quite.
See that 1 on that die?
See the Deadly marker on the hill?

>Deadly: Roll a dice for any model that makes a run or charge move across, or finishing on, this terrain feature. On a roll of 1 the model isslain

Celenstant prime tripped on G R A S S. SCREAMING TO HIS DEATH ON GRASS.
WORSE THAN BELAKOR
BTFO

Hola skinks

>You can run over 2500pts of BCR just with 3 start collecting boxes
Dear God, I wish they were more viable

I'm going to give them a try with massed Moonclan grot support for bodies, here's hoping right?

Possible, sure, but your big guys and weapon teams will be focused down easier than a loli at a anime convention.